Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IntangiblePanda
Nov 3, 2009

grover posted:

Haven't you seen Top Gun? When Maverick is too close for missiles, he switches to guns!

Doctrine for stealth aircraft is to kill the enemy over-the-horizon, but that's not always possible. When in close dogfights, cannons are just as effective now as they were back in WWII and Korea- moreso, really, given modern computerized gunsights.

When used, guns are fired in brief pulses. 3 seconds of ammo is good for 6 half-second shots and equivalent to near a load of missiles; if the gun is on target, even a single round is enough to ruin someone's day. These guns are also used to strafe ground targets; I've heard of instances it's been used in Afghanistan when enemy positions are too close to friendlies to drop bombs on.

Thanks for the info, this makes more sense now. I misunderstood/underestimated advances in gunsights and such. I think my confusion was mostly (mis)informed by a factoid remembered from a history lecture many years ago that Spitfire's in WWII expended an average of 4,000 rounds per enemy aircraft downed. But they had eight wing-mounted 50 cals going full blast.

Was that history prof crazy, or have we really progressed that far in sighting/round efficiency? Cause if we have, that's an amazing improvement. I know, of course, it's all hypothetical since F-22's and F-35's haven't ever actually shot anything for real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah man there are computers and poo poo now

IntangiblePanda
Nov 3, 2009

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Yeah they tried that with the F4 Phantom II and it didnt work out so well.

Reading about the F4 Phantom was illuminating, thanks. The wiki article lists F4 Mig kills by method, and shows that the late-added gun was useful. However, it also lists two Mig-17 kills via "maneuvering tactics." What the hell does that mean?

I have a badass mental image of F4's with tailing Migs intentionally navigating canyons or something ala Independence Day but this seems stupid.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
probably caused them to crash into the ground or each other or who knows.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

IntangiblePanda posted:

Reading about the F4 Phantom was illuminating, thanks. The wiki article lists F4 Mig kills by method, and shows that the late-added gun was useful. However, it also lists two Mig-17 kills via "maneuvering tactics." What the hell does that mean?

I have a badass mental image of F4's with tailing Migs intentionally navigating canyons or something ala Independence Day but this seems stupid.

As has been stated, it means the bad guys flew into the ground during the course of the engagement. A maneuvering kill is as valid as a solid guns or missiles kill. An EF-111 unarmed jamming aircraft got a kill during Desert Storm...on the opening night of the war an Iraqi Mirage F1 started chasing after the Spark Vark. It headed for the deck and pulled out at low level; the Mirage followed and failed to pull out. The Spark Vark crew was credited with the kill, flying an unarmed aircraft.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

IntangiblePanda posted:

Was that history prof crazy, or have we really progressed that far in sighting/round efficiency? Cause if we have, that's an amazing improvement. I know, of course, it's all hypothetical since F-22's and F-35's haven't ever actually shot anything for real.

New gunsights are leaps and bounds ahead of where they were. In WWII, the most advanced gunsights were holographic sights (with reticles not unlike what you see in Vidja games), except they were the size of a coffee maker. These days, a HUD gunsight will show you where your gun is pointed and will show you expected bullet drop.

They actually have been used in air to air combat! In the mid 90s an F-14 equipped with a 20MM Vulcan cannon blew another F-14 to bits during a training exercise because they had accidentally loaded it with live rounds.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Red Crown posted:

They actually have been used in air to air combat! In the mid 90s an F-14 equipped with a 20MM Vulcan cannon blew another F-14 to bits during a training exercise because they had accidentally loaded it with live rounds.

Gonna need a source on this...it's impossible to get a live propellant TP or HEI round confused with the dummy rounds, and aircraft fly sorties all the time without any type of rounds on board. The only time you would load up is if you were planning on shooting something, either HEI for combat or TP for target practice.

Unless there's a joke here that I'm completely missing.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Is there much of a difference between HEI and TP?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
High explosive incendiary vs target practice? One explodes in a fiery mess, one doesn't.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Once again, I don't know poo poo about planes. They don't shoot incendiary rounds all the time do they?

Carnival Rider
Apr 23, 2006

My wife is mildly freaking out about me getting out in 2 years. I'm going to Korea for a year, then a real unit in the Army to see how things run and if it's a fit for me (Fort Huachuca, not so much)

Her dad is an officer with 25 years in, she doesn't really know much about living in the civilian world and knows that the economy is in the shitter. To be honest though, from what I've seen and with my skillset and clearance it will be pretty easy to find a contracting job or a DA civilian job. We're both not sure how stable contracting jobs are, my mother did technical editing for the government and had contracts that were about a year long, at most.

I'm wondering if what I'm seeing is reality. It's not easy to find a contracting job, but if you have the skills needed and aren't a dumbshit you'll be able to get a job eventually. Also, how stable are contracting jobs? I don't really know how long contracts tend to run on stuff other than editing the manual for the navy sea water filter or something like that.

Thanks.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Casimir Radon posted:

Once again, I don't know poo poo about planes. They don't shoot incendiary rounds all the time do they?

There are three main types of 20mm ammunition: combat stuff, target practice stuff, and dummy. The dummy stuff is completely inert; it's just a hunk of metal in the shape of a 20mm round. It's primarily used for load crew training, to give the loaders rounds to run through the UALS/LALS and the aircraft without having them gently caress up training or combat rounds that can actually be used for something. Target practice stuff is a round loaded with live propellant and a completely inert shell (in the case of TP) or an inert shell with a tracer (TPT). It's used for banner shoots or other target practice where you need to fire a projectile but don't want to be spraying high explosives over the range unnecessarily. Combat stuff is either HEI (High-Explosive Incendiary), API (Armor Piercing Incendiary), or SAPHEI (Semi-Armor Piercing High-Explosive Incendiary). The differences should be self-explanatory in the name. Combat stuff is only used for that, combat (other than testing and some very limited familiarization shoots). HEI is by far the most common, usually the M56 round that has been around since Vietnam (no poo poo, some of the rounds in the stockpile here are from lots that were manufactured in the late'60s). API isn't used much these days if at all (I've never seen any), while SAPHEI is from the newer PGU series. It was designed to give increased performance over the M5x series ammunition. The problem with the PGU series is that it has a disturbing tendency to prematurely detonate, causing aircraft damage.

IntangiblePanda
Nov 3, 2009

iyaayas01 posted:

As has been stated, it means the bad guys flew into the ground during the course of the engagement. A maneuvering kill is as valid as a solid guns or missiles kill. An EF-111 unarmed jamming aircraft got a kill during Desert Storm...on the opening night of the war an Iraqi Mirage F1 started chasing after the Spark Vark. It headed for the deck and pulled out at low level; the Mirage followed and failed to pull out. The Spark Vark crew was credited with the kill, flying an unarmed aircraft.

Right, Independence Day. Got it.

Seriously though, I looked up the EF-111 Iraq engagement in 1991 and that poo poo was unbelievably hardcore.

Country_Blumpkin
Aug 6, 2011

nope

Country_Blumpkin fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 25, 2012

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive
I'm a civilian who recently re-established contact with a cousin who claims he's been Army special operations for a long time. The trouble is that unlike most of my removed family members we actually got along really well when he visited down here and we're talking about everyone taking a vacation together in a few months since his family is only a 4 hours away and he commutes from NC alot. It was nice to be in touch with a that part of my family again.

So I guess what I'm asking is, is there anywhere I can call or check to see if this guy is a fake before I let him around my family much? I'm not trying to be a douche and pry into some guy's privacy or past, but I read the fakers thread, and uhm. I mean, I already know he's a borderline nut and that's expected in my family, I'll buy a beer for anyone, but I don't want some faker weirdo hanging around my family.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
My guard unit called me today and asked if I want to combatives level II at Rhode Island. I said gently caress yes of course. They didn't have a lot of info, so does anyone know where I'd actually be doing this class at? I can't think of any fort/base in RI.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

gleep glop posted:

My guard unit called me today and asked if I want to combatives level II at Rhode Island. I said gently caress yes of course. They didn't have a lot of info, so does anyone know where I'd actually be doing this class at? I can't think of any fort/base in RI.

Is it this? :^) http://www.facebook.com/pages/RI-Combatives/181560088541447?sk=info

Heres Hank
Oct 20, 2008
Currently going through the painstaking process of adding my wife to my Tricare plan (Nat. Guard), and I figure while I'm at it I may as well set up my dental. Who knows how I would go about that? The tricare lady I talked to didn't seem to know.

iceslice
May 20, 2005

physeter posted:

I'm a civilian who recently re-established contact with a cousin who claims he's been Army special operations for a long time. The trouble is that unlike most of my removed family members we actually got along really well when he visited down here and we're talking about everyone taking a vacation together in a few months since his family is only a 4 hours away and he commutes from NC alot. It was nice to be in touch with a that part of my family again.

So I guess what I'm asking is, is there anywhere I can call or check to see if this guy is a fake before I let him around my family much? I'm not trying to be a douche and pry into some guy's privacy or past, but I read the fakers thread, and uhm. I mean, I already know he's a borderline nut and that's expected in my family, I'll buy a beer for anyone, but I don't want some faker weirdo hanging around my family.

"Special Operations" covers a wide variety of jobs, from the poo poo you see on Call of Duty, pilots, EOD, all the way to support positions that are exactly the same as the regular Army. North Carolina is home of Ft. Bragg, where a large majority of Special Operations guys are trained, as well as stationed. There is no list of "Dudes who are in Special Operations" as a portion of their missions are covert/clandestine. It wouldn't make any sense.

The easiest way is to just try to talk to them about it. If they seem like a decent person, and don't spend the entire time telling you how awesome they are or the cool poo poo they've done, they're probably legit. If they tell you they killed Osama..

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

So my religious preference is wrong on my ERB and my ID tags and am going to get it corrected. Can I really have it changed to Jedi/whatever the gently caress I want?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

DoktorLoken posted:

So my religious preference is wrong on my ERB and my ID tags and am going to get it corrected. Can I really have it changed to Jedi/whatever the gently caress I want?

Your ERB has to be a 'real' religion, and officially made tags have to be as well. No Pref is what you get when you're agnostic/atheist.

There isn't anything stopping you from going to one of the many, many places near any post that can make custom tags say whatever you want.

Smoke Crack
Apr 6, 2009

Oh, sure, sure. I know you. You're gonna keep on saying I'm suave and sophisticated, and then when I start to believe it, then you're gonna say how pointy head I have, and how floppy arms I have, and how dull I am, I know you.

Vasudus posted:

Your ERB has to be a 'real' religion, and officially made tags have to be as well. No Pref is what you get when you're agnostic/atheist.

There isn't anything stopping you from going to one of the many, many places near any post that can make custom tags say whatever you want.

There's no such thing as an official religion list, you can do whatever pleases you. They even changed it so you can get whatever you want on your headstone (as far as religious belief) now.

This is as close as DoD gets to having an "official list":

http://www.cem.va.gov/hm/hmemb.asp posted:

EMBLEM
CHRISTIAN CROSS

BUDDHIST (Wheel of Righteousness)

JUDAISM (Star of David)

PRESBYTERIAN CROSS

RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CROSS

LUTHERAN CROSS

EPISCOPAL CROSS

UNITARIAN CHURCH/UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST ASSOCIATION

UNITED METHODIST CHURCH

AARONIC ORDER CHURCH

MORMON (Angel Moroni)

NATIVE AMERICAN CHURCH OF NORTH AMERICA

SERBIAN ORTHODOX

GREEK CROSS

BAHAI (9 Pointed Star)

ATHEIST

MUSLIM (Crescent and Star)

HINDU

KONKO-KYO FAITH

COMMUNITY OF CHRIST

SUFISM REORIENTED

TENRIKYO CHURCH

SEICHO-NO-IE

CHURCH OF WORLD MESSIANITY (Izunome)

UNITED CHURCH OF RELIGIOUS SCIENCE

CHRISTIAN REFORMED CHURCH

UNITED MORAVIAN CHURCH

ECKANKAR

CHRISTIAN CHURCH

CHRISTIAN & MISSIONARY ALLIANCE

UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST

HUMANIST(AMERICAN HUMANIST ASSOCIATION)

PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH (USA)

IZUMO TAISHAKYO MISSION OF HAWAII

SOKA GAKKAI INTERNATIONAL - USA

SIKH (KHANDA)

WICCA (Pentacle)

Lutheran Church Missouri Synod

New Apostolic Church

Seventh Day Adventist Church

Celtic Cross

Armenian Cross

Farohar

Messianic Jewish

Kohen Hands

Catholic Celtic Cross

CHRISTIAN SCIENTIST (Cross & Crown) Not shown because of copyrights.
MUSLIM (Islamic 5 Pointed Star) Not shown because of copyrights.

No graphics (logos, symbols, etc.) are permitted on Government-furnished headstones or markers other than the available emblems of belief, the Civil War Union Shield, the Civil War Confederate Southern Cross of Honor, and the Medal of Honor insignias.

An emblem of belief for inscription on a Government headstone or marker is an emblem or symbol that represents the sincerely held belief of the decedent that constituted a religion or the functional equivalent of religion and was believed and/or accepted as true by that individual during his or her life. The belief represented by an emblem need not be associated with or endorsed by a group or organization.

Emblems of belief for inscription on Government headstones and markers do not include social, cultural, ethnic, civic, fraternal, trade, commercial, political, professional or military emblems. VA will not inscribe any emblem on a headstone or marker that would have an adverse impact on the dignity and solemnity of cemeteries honoring those who served the Nation. Emblems that would not be permitted include (but are not limited to), emblems that contain explicit or graphic depictions or descriptions of sexual organs or sexual activities that are shocking, titillating, or pandering in nature; and emblems that display coarse or abusive language or images.

If you are applying for a headstone or marker and the emblem you desire is not currently available, please see information below:

Who Can Request a New Emblem of Belief?
CFR 38.632 rule states that the following individuals may request a new emblem of belief for inscription on a headstone or marker: the decedent’s next-of-kin (NOK), a person authorized in writing by the NOK, or a personal representative authorized in writing by the decedent.

Instructions for Requesting an Emblem not Available for Inscription Link
To submit a request for an emblem of belief not available for inscription, the requestor must:

1. Establish that there is an immediate need for a Government headstone/marker to be furnished for a deceased eligible individual (i.e., submission of VA-Form 40-1330, Application for a Government-Furnished Headstone or Marker, verification from National or state cemetery officials).

2. Certify that the proposed new emblem of belief represents the decedent’s religious affiliation or sincerely held religious belief system, or a sincerely held belief system that was functionally equivalent to a religious belief system in the life of the decedent.

3. Submit a three-inch diameter digitized black and white representation of the requested emblem that is free of copyright or trademark restrictions or authorized by the owner for inscription on Government-furnished headstones and markers and can be reproduced in a production-line environment in stone or bronze without loss of graphic quality.

Submit all information to the following address:

Memorial Programs Service (41A1)
Department of Veterans Affairs
5109 Russell Road
Quantico, VA 22134-3903

Smoke Crack fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Aug 25, 2011

Nillerz
Jun 24, 2008

Nillerz posted:

Why don't I eat veggies? I don't look at them as *food*, in the classical sense.
AM I POSTING ABOUT HOW WOMEN ARE STUPID, WEAK AND WORTHLESS? REMIND ME THAT I AM AN INFANTILE MANCHILD WHO REFUSES TO EAT VEGETABLES
I'm deploying later this year. I'm a nasty girl. Is it possible that I can visit Japan without a passport in my time out? I mean, we got tons of bases there and stuff, does every soldier/sailor/airman have a visa and a passport? I gotta visit my wife's family (she's a jappo), but I don't know if I have enough time to get a passport before I'm gone forever. Also, can I do it with space available flights?

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Nillerz posted:

I'm deploying later this year. I'm a nasty girl. Is it possible that I can visit Japan without a passport in my time out? I mean, we got tons of bases there and stuff, does every soldier/sailor/airman have a visa and a passport? I gotta visit my wife's family (she's a jappo), but I don't know if I have enough time to get a passport before I'm gone forever. Also, can I do it with space available flights?

Yeah, not gonna happen without a passport. If you are on orders, some places let you enter the country on orders without a passport as part of the SOFA (I know at least Korea does; I'd imagine Japan is the same way) but if you don't have orders, gotta have a passport.

Shouldn't need a visa as long as you don't plan on staying past whatever the cutoff is (should be measured in months for a U.S. citizen traveling to a country like Japan), but you'll definitely need a passport to get in...you don't just get to magically skip immigration/customs even if you are traveling space-a.

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Aug 26, 2011

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

You can get a passport pretty quickly. I needed one on short notice a couple weeks ago, went down to the Passport Agency in DC at 9am and walked out with it at 3pm. Most larger cities have a Passport Agency. It's not like it was terribly expensive either, just $60 on top of the standard fees, so it came out to be $195. The web expediting services are just going to the Passport Agency for you and charging you an extra $200+

OverseasQueue
May 26, 2008

Nillerz posted:

I had to get a passport before deployment too... I spent 208 dollars and had it in 6 business days. Do you not have 6 business days? If you don't... then give somebody a special power of attorney to check a P.O. Box, then have them ship it to said P.O. Box and get that person to mail it to you in theater. I did mine all through the post office off post.

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Or you can get it same day by going to one of the processing facilities as mentioned by OGA..

Nillerz
Jun 24, 2008

Nillerz posted:

Why don't I eat veggies? I don't look at them as *food*, in the classical sense.
AM I POSTING ABOUT HOW WOMEN ARE STUPID, WEAK AND WORTHLESS? REMIND ME THAT I AM AN INFANTILE MANCHILD WHO REFUSES TO EAT VEGETABLES
Problem solved! Thanks, guys!

Next quick question, does anyone have any references or information on getting Space A travel done right?

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Nillerz posted:

Problem solved! Thanks, guys!

Next quick question, does anyone have any references or information on getting Space A travel done right?

AMC's Travel website is probably a good place to start.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

edit: Turns out this means nothing!
So, I just got a letter in the mail. Prior to receiving this, I was going to enter the DEP for the US Navy(according to the recruiter) in the next day or so. I just now received this letter after hours, so I haven't talked to him yet, but it seems like he won't be able to do much. Here's the letter transcribed:

Department of Defense posted:

Dear [me],

This letter is to advise you that as a result of your recent submission of medical records for pre-approval, you have been found permanently medically disqualified for entry into the United States Armed Forces. The reason for your medical disqualification is due to heat exhaustion. Please contact your recruiter for further clarification regarding your medical disqualification.

Although this medical condition may not affect your current or future employment in civilian life, it is considered disqualifying for military service under current medical standards for enlistment. Should you desire further information, please contact your recruiter.

Sincerly,
[scribble]
BRUCE FURUKAWA, M.D.
Chief Medical Officer
Backstory: In may of last year, I was working for outside in 100+ degree heat for the first time, and where I live it normally doesn't get much hotter than 90 during the summer. I didn't keep up with my water intake, didn't feel too good. One of my co-workers who spent more time in that type of condition said I looked dehydrated, so they took me to the ER. I received a bag of IV fluids and was out in about an hour, learned to drink water, and felt fine the rest of the summer.

Other issues with my enlistment: I was attempting to get a financial waiver for money I owe to a school for attempting to go to college with no plan to pay for(DUMB!). I had previously received a medical waiver for having an appendectomy at age 10.

So my question: Am I simply hosed? Is there any way of fighting this or getting around it or something? Start looking at other options not involving the military?

edit: VVV This is the letter I got after submitting the paperwork to get a waiver.

HarmB fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Sep 1, 2011

Smoke Crack
Apr 6, 2009

Oh, sure, sure. I know you. You're gonna keep on saying I'm suave and sophisticated, and then when I start to believe it, then you're gonna say how pointy head I have, and how floppy arms I have, and how dull I am, I know you.

Harmburger posted:

So, I just got a letter in the mail. Prior to receiving this, I was going to enter the DEP for the US Navy(according to the recruiter) in the next day or so. I just now received this letter after hours, so I haven't talked to him yet, but it seems like he won't be able to do much. Here's the letter transcribed:

Backstory: In may of last year, I was working for outside in 100+ degree heat for the first time, and where I live it normally doesn't get much hotter than 90 during the summer. I didn't keep up with my water intake, didn't feel too good. One of my co-workers who spent more time in that type of condition said I looked dehydrated, so they took me to the ER. I received a bag of IV fluids and was out in about an hour, learned to drink water, and felt fine the rest of the summer.

Other issues with my enlistment: I was attempting to get a financial waiver for money I owe to a school for attempting to go to college with no plan to pay for(DUMB!). I had previously received a medical waiver for having an appendectomy at age 10.

So my question: Am I simply hosed? Is there any way of fighting this or getting around it or something? Start looking at other options not involving the military?

I'm not a recruiter or doctor, but that sounds like something that would be waiverable. Bring it up to your recruiter as soon as possible.

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

Someone in GIP posted a kick rear end shoe shine procedure a while ago, I just can't remember where or when...

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Slather polish on shoes. Put shoes in oven on low heat, polish melts into leather's pores. Use buffer brush to knock off excess polish.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Godholio posted:

Slather polish on shoes. Put shoes in oven on low heat, polish melts into leather's pores. Use buffer brush to knock off excess polish.

For your appetizer, lightly toasted parade gloss. Your main will be getting shouted at by cadre with a dessert of tears and scrubbing toilets.

My uncle was in the Irish Army- he actually sprayed black spray paint on his shoes before formation one day.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Are LCACs referred to as "ship" or "boat" by their crew?
I had an argument with an army captain that I presumed to be talking out his rear end and so I went with reason and sided with "boat", but lacked sufficient arguments to back it up and make him look like the rear end he was talking out of.
(I went with the launch-argument, btw)

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

How is asthma treated by military recruitment these days? I've had it all my life, but I'm extremely fit, and with two puffs off an inhaler (and a pill I take every night) I can run/swim/row fuckall hardcore for hours and never have a problem.

I've heard you can lie about it, but are you not allowed or not able to take your meds for it once you're in?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Blind Rasputin posted:

How is asthma treated by military recruitment these days? I've had it all my life, but I'm extremely fit, and with two puffs off an inhaler (and a pill I take every night) I can run/swim/row fuckall hardcore for hours and never have a problem.

I've heard you can lie about it, but are you not allowed or not able to take your meds for it once you're in?

If you have asthma you can forget it. Sorry.

Carnival Rider
Apr 23, 2006

Blind Rasputin posted:

The only way you can get in with asthma is if it is completely gone. I had allergy induced asthma when I was a kid, but allergy shots completely cured me. Even then I had to prove that I was under 13 when I was cured, they're pretty hard on asthma. Don't lie about it either, without your medicine all the running you do will end up loving you up and you'll get thrown out for lying about medical poo poo.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Stuhlmajor posted:

Are LCACs referred to as "ship" or "boat" by their crew?
I had an argument with an army captain that I presumed to be talking out his rear end and so I went with reason and sided with "boat", but lacked sufficient arguments to back it up and make him look like the rear end he was talking out of.
(I went with the launch-argument, btw)

Why not just call it a hovercraft? :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Need some more goon help here. Im looking to transfer NG units. I live in NJ but joined the PA guard after leaving active. My unit's armory moved so it's now a three hour drive for me and frankly isn't worth it. I'm not MOSQ in my unit yet, in a 13M in an MI company currently. The command is terrible, and it really is making me hate the guard. What can I do to possibly transfer to the NJ guard? I know I have to speak to my unit to but I have a feeling they'd try and dick me over.

• Locked thread