Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Dee Bradley Baker for all the robots.

Ron Perlman as Basil.

William Kasten as Mort.

If we get Mark Hamill for Coyote, Ysengrin has gotta be voiced by Kevin Conroy.

I don't feel comfortable casting non-Brits for the humans...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
OK Billie Piper as the Intermission Girl.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Stephen Fry has to be involved somehow.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Calaveron posted:

Bud, maybe?

Fake edit: although in my head Bud sounds exactly like Bill Bailey.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Staggy posted:

Fake edit: although in my head Bud sounds exactly like Bill Bailey.

This is the only piece of fantasy casting so far with which I agree whole heartedly.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Calaveron posted:

Indeed he does. I suggest as Basil. I also think Hugh Laurie would make a pretty decent Dr. Disaster.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
We're on a roll guys let's not stop. Kate Blanchett can be Jeanne.

e: Clive Owen you can be Eaglemore and Anthony Hopkins as Muut.

Ka0 fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 8, 2011

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
It needs Bill Nighy in there somewhere. I'd suggest a role, but to be frank he could play any voice the movie would require of him.

Bill Nighy as Paz.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

FunkyAl posted:

It needs Bill Nighy in there somewhere. I'd suggest a role, but to be frank he could play any voice the movie would require of him.

Bill Nighy as Paz.

You mean Bill Nighy as Doctor Disaster.

Fake edit: Just saw the Hugh Laurie suggestion - that may be better. So Nighy as... Bob, the caretaker/park ranger.

Staggy fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 8, 2011

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Ka0 posted:

e: Clive Owen you can be Eaglemore

I was thinking almost exactly this, except I spelled Eglamore correctly :v:

Simon Pegg as Reynardine, maybe?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

No, Rey needs someone who can sound old, yet evocative; experienced, yet naive. And deeply hurt somehow.

We need Peter O'Toole

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Ka0 posted:

No, Rey needs someone who can sound old, yet evocative; experienced, yet naive. And deeply hurt somehow.

We need Peter O'Toole

Stephen Merchant.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Exhibit A http://youtu.be/TrcZ0J54Chs

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Fuego Fish posted:

Simon Pegg as Reynardine, maybe?

I was thinking Simon Pegg for Kat's Dad. Donald? Donald Donlan? God what a silly name.

And please not Billie Piper as anything, she already screwed up Sally Lockheart.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Ka0 posted:

We need Peter O'Toole

Klaus Kinski

You know it would be perfect

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

I want Jason Statham to be someone, but I can't think of anyone who isn't Eglamore, and even then he doesn't really fit.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Magnus Condomus posted:

I want Jason Statham to be someone, but I can't think of anyone who isn't Eglamore, and even then he doesn't really fit.

I vote Mort.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
So he's been posting some good art on Twitter, let's see what he's up to!

...:(

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

He's a mythical talking coyote with mystical dream powers. I don't see how he can sound like anyone but Johnny Cash.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Actually, that made me think Tom Waits. The man already has a habit of telling tall tales in his interviews with a completely straight face.

But on the other hand, I really see Coyote as much higher-pitched than Tom Waits.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
Is that last panel with Jack supposed to be a really low blow, or does he not know?

annatar
Jan 14, 2007
hellol
They're both terrible people, this is fantastic.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

This whole thing is amazing. Screw people who complain about this chapter, this entire Jack vs Annie thing is hilarious

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Wait, what's special about Jack's parents, or whatever? I don't remember everything so perfectly :(

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I really hope this kicks off into a really big, retrospectively awkward fight. Calling Zimmy a "deranged psychopath"; trying to shift blame back to Jack; getting increasingly angry at every little thing Jack says (man, he is good at pushing her buttons), she is goiung to fly off the handle. Well, I hope she does, because that would be horrifyingly great.

A fiery Annie is an intersting Annie and I am enjoying this immensely.

Edit:

annatar posted:

They're both terrible people, this is fantastic.

Also, this.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

DontMockMySmock posted:

Wait, what's special about Jack's parents, or whatever? I don't remember everything so perfectly :(

Eglamore punched his dad in the face when they were kids cause he was mean to Surma. I don't think we've heard anything about his mom.

Other than that, I don't think they're anything special.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

DontMockMySmock posted:

I thought it was just Jack being an rear end in a top hat and egging Annie on because her parents are dead/horrible.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Roger Explosion posted:

I thought it was just Jack being an rear end in a top hat and egging Annie on because her parents are dead/horrible.

I'm pretty sure that's not it. A lot of people have parents...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBzpymVj5Po

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Well, then I'm still confused why Jack's last comment seems to have elicited such an angry look from Annie.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
Because he is clearly messing with her and has been all the time?

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

ANNIE'S PARENTS ARE DEAD! :nolan:

I'm pretty sure Jack knows that, he did all that computer hacking and read her file.

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

DontMockMySmock posted:

Well, then I'm still confused why Jack's last comment seems to have elicited such an angry look from Annie.

Because he just owned the poo poo out of her instead of getting owned as was her plan

She kicked over his sandcastle but he yanked her pigtails in retaliation. Child emotions are a tough racket

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I think the only reason Jack hasn't been spontaneously combusted yet is because somehow his aura of smugness repels her blinker stone abilities. That's his mutant power. The power of smug.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I'm getting a different read from it.

I didn't take it as Jack trying to mess with Annie, I took it what Jack said at face value: That he was being nice to her because he thought he'd get a kiss, and now that he knows he's not going to, he doesn't give a poo poo what she thinks, so he's just saying whatever he feels like, and Annie getting disproportionally angry about it.

That last 'parents' comment might have been just an unfortunate coincidence that unfortunately is the breaking-point for Annie.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
All those times Annie's helped Zimmy, and now she's calling her a deranged psychopath.

I thought you were better than that, Carver. :saddowns:

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

the secret to this chapter is that she actually does like him

edit: This is really cool tbqh, almost any other comic would have had one of them somewhat awkwardly ask the other out, instead we get them kinda wobbling towards that at first and then mutually completely loving it up because they're kids and they don't know what they're doing

They might still do before this chapter's over though v:shobon:v

Dammit Who? fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Sep 9, 2011

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Haha this whole thing is backfiring for Annie like WHOA

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Jack fuckin rules, he's smooth as hell. :allears:

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Hey ChibiSoma, you still reading?

Boy is your face red :mmmhmm:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Tea-san, congrats on remembering that teenagers think with random hormone fluctuations.