Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Jack fuckin rules, he's smooth as hell. :allears:

Every panel, we're one step closer to Jack just throwing on some shades and flying away on a laser cow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agreeable Employer
Apr 28, 2008

inthesto posted:

All those times Annie's helped Zimmy, and now she's calling her a deranged psychopath.

I thought you were better than that, Carver. :saddowns:

Yeah, I was a bit :wtc: Annie...

EDIT P.S

Benagain posted:

Tea-san, congrats on remembering that teenagers think with random hormone fluctuations.

Totally agree.

Agreeable Employer fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Sep 9, 2011

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
This chapter has been awesome :allears:

Benagain posted:

Tea-san, congrats on remembering that teenagers think with random hormone fluctuations.

Make this the new subtitle of the thread.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Benagain posted:

Tom is actually 14 years old, most shocking twist yet. Also, nthing that this whole chapter rules.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
Hahahah, Jack owns. He's about to get his face set on fire, but he owns.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
A little while ago I noticed how Tom uses pupil/iris size, with neutral/happy faces having bigass bambi eyes and shocked/angry faces getting little dots, and now I can't stop noticing it in every strip. It's pretty cool though.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Hoo boy, am I staying up late to see the next strip. It's just like watching the ball drop, only instead of a ball, it's a giant :supaburn:

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
She's not going to attack him, this isn't one of the animes or w/e

Dude's equal to Kat at wierd superscience poo poo, implied to be developing maaaagic powers like Annie, goes on crazy adventures exploring the Court's crazy technological bullshit and goals at the same time the girls are doing the same about the Forest end of things and the court's origins, is good at and enjoys loving with them. Getting his face lit on fire would interfere with his growing a goatee.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Ironic Twist posted:

Hey ChibiSoma, you still reading?

Boy is your face red :mmmhmm:

But Cheetos dust is orange...

I like Annie's Complete rear end in a top hat side. Well, not like, but find it intriguing. It's interesting to see how a summer living in a forest with a trickster god and his deranged devotee has made her less shy/reserved and more social, but also made her more capricious and manipulative.

E: Also, I can't imagine this won't have future fallout with Zimmy over Annie's comment. Looking forward to seeing that one!

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Note that this whole revenge thing has been in the works since before Annie fled to the forest. I had wondered about her angry face after she awkwardly talked to Jack a couple of chapters ago; now it makes a little more sense.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

LtStorm posted:

E: Also, I can't imagine this won't have future fallout with Zimmy over Annie's comment. Looking forward to seeing that one!

This is the thing that struck me most about Annie's reaction. In the past, she's been the first one to stand up for Zimmy, and she's been unnaturally compassionate when strange or unknown powers are at work. Is her current attitude displaying her real feelings towards the girl everyone else thinks is creepy, or is she just so flustered by Jack that she's trying to attack his decisions. I'd lean towards the latter, but it'll be interesting either way.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Annie and Jack rivalry would be pretty cool.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Nipponophile posted:

This is the thing that struck me most about Annie's reaction. In the past, she's been the first one to stand up for Zimmy, and she's been unnaturally compassionate when strange or unknown powers are at work. Is her current attitude displaying her real feelings towards the girl everyone else thinks is creepy, or is she just so flustered by Jack that she's trying to attack his decisions. I'd lean towards the latter, but it'll be interesting either way.

I would guess it's that Annie is pissed off and put her foot in her mouth in her quest to throw him off-balance any way she can at this point. But yeah, interesting either way.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Jack is secretly a water elemental.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Haledjian posted:

A little while ago I noticed how Tom uses pupil/iris size, with neutral/happy faces having bigass bambi eyes and shocked/angry faces getting little dots, and now I can't stop noticing it in every strip. It's pretty cool though.

I'm reminded of an old Dr. McNinja strip. The comic featured this image.

with the alt text "Do your pupils get smaller when you get crazy/angry? Mine do. Mine almost DISAPPEAR."

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Kuros posted:

Well, let's look at it like this. At some point in Annie's ancestry, some guy saw a woman made of fire and said "Hey, I'm gonna stick my dick in that". Compared to that, having one of your ancestors decide to bone some sentient water is downright sane and normal.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Kuros posted:

He does seem to be handling the flow of things pretty well.

:tinfoil:

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Slime posted:

Well, let's look at it like this. At some point in Annie's ancestry, some guy saw a woman made of fire and said "Hey, I'm gonna stick my dick in that". Compared to that, having one of your ancestors decide to bone some sentient water is downright sane and normal.
Coyote's remark about that was one of the funniest things in the whole story so far. Coyote is the poo poo.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Slime posted:

A female water elemental thought it would be fun to flow through some pipes and just so happened to come out into a shower where a hapless man was enjoying a good wank.

Things happen.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I never read Gunnerkrigg Court until recently, and I am enjoying this! :)

I have a feeling Carver is going to do an irrational bitch-move and brake the bug device Jack made to get back at him, which will (unknowingly to her) reveal here location, along with her friends.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Waffleopolis posted:

I never read Gunnerkrigg Court until recently, and I am enjoying this! :)

I have a feeling Carver is going to do an irrational bitch-move and brake the bug device Jack made to get back at him, which will (unknowingly to her) reveal here location, along with her friends.
She was told what it does.

vv: I was more answering the "unknowingly" part.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Sep 10, 2011

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Elysiume posted:

She was told what it does.

Again, it'll be done out of irrationality because Jack made it.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

Nipponophile posted:

Just because she sticks up for Zimmy doesn't mean she likes her. It just means she's empathetic and trying to do the right thing.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

She probably smells pretty bad. I can't imagine it being very pleasant to be around her in any way.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
This whole chapter has just been unexpectedly good. I love these characters.

Sneaksie Taffer
Sep 21, 2009

Haledjian posted:

Just because she sticks up for Zimmy doesn't mean she likes her. It just means she's empathetic and trying to do the right thing.

Would Zimmy even be upset that Annie called her a deranged psychopath?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Haledjian posted:

That's my point, though. Normally, she is nothing but diplomatic. Now that she's out of her comfort zone, are we starting to see the "real Annie"?

Non-EuclideanCat
Nov 9, 2009

inthesto posted:

Every panel, we're one step closer to Jack just throwing on some shades and flying away on a laser cow.

He'll have the cow burn "deal with it" onto the street.

This will be the end-of-chapter comedy page.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

Nipponophile posted:

That's my point, though. Normally, she is nothing but diplomatic. Now that she's out of her comfort zone, are we starting to see the "real Annie"?
She wasn't super nice to Mort that one time either. People get mad and say lovely things sometimes. I don't think it's fair to say that's the "real" them; everyone's been a dick at some point.

Haledjian fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Sep 10, 2011

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Nipponophile posted:

The real Annie takes from her dad when calm, and from her mum when pushed. At least from what I've gathered.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Ka0 posted:

The real Annie takes from her dad when calm, and from her mum when pushed. At least from what I've gathered.

That was Annie before spending a couple months with a god in the woods.

New Annie tries silly stunts to make up with a friend, is skipping detention all the time and cutting curfew to play love games with a boy.

I think it's safe to say New Annie isn't going about things the way she did before, and she's started mixing some of her mum's side in with her dad's side, though we haven't seen her really angry yet so I'm curious to see if some of her dad's side has gotten mixed with her mum's side.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The people of the forst actually kidnapped her and replaced her with a robot wood golem.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I think Jack might honestly need to run away now.
Like right the gently caress now.
Gonna get set on FIRE.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Just want to alert the thread that September 12th-18th has been declared Gunnerkrigg Week on tumblr. E.K. Weaver of TJ and Amal is participating, as are a whole ton of other people. I realise this thread is not tumblr, but I think it would be pretty neat to take it as a cue for some doodling. My personal challenge to myself is going to be to draw something other than Annie and Coyote.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Kismet posted:

Just want to alert the thread that September 12th-18th has been declared Gunnerkrigg Week on tumblr. E.K. Weaver of TJ and Amal is participating, as are a whole ton of other people. I realise this thread is not tumblr, but I think it would be pretty neat to take it as a cue for some doodling. My personal challenge to myself is going to be to draw something other than Annie and Coyote.

Y'all should also take the opportunity this week to talk GC up to friends who haven't already heard of it and/or donate or buy some GC merch.

Like that's not an official tumblr thing but why not turn it into a Gunnerkrigg appreciation week?

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

There's symbolism in this comic, but damned if I know what it is

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Milli posted:

There's symbolism in this comic, but damned if I know what it is

The symbolism is that Zimmy is a Velociraptor. God, do you even read the comic??

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Zorak posted:

The symbolism is that Zimmy is a Velociraptor. God, do you even read the comic??

Zimmy is going to meet Jack's parents. If his parents are Velociraptors, and his dad is a scientific researcher... Dr. Dinosaur!?

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Zorak posted:

No, because I am illiterate :eng99:

Milli fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Sep 12, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Yet again I liked the comment below the comic best. Also, I think Annie is about to whip her hair back and forth. (That or do some fancy magic trick.)