Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hormples
May 3, 2002

ARRGHH!!
MY BONES!!

Yeah, I used to play vanilla SF4 on the PC when I only had an XBox stick and my pal only had a PS3 stick. It was pretty convenient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

S-Alpha posted:

What the hell ever happened to that planned console port of MBAACC, anyways? I still play AC every now and again, but all the new poo poo really makes me want to play it.

Well, if nothing else, the PC port will be out in a while, but it's too bad there's no netplay on it.

It should end up with netplay soon-ish after release, the guy who did the MBAC netplay has expressed an interest.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Any goons going to Seasons Beatings? October 14-16 in Columbus Ohio.

I'm going again this year, and I'm bringing Skullgirls with me! This is possibly my single favorite tournament, so I recommend everyone who is able to come!

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Jmcrofts posted:

I'm going again this year, and I'm bringing Skullgirls with me! This is possibly my single favorite tournament, so I recommend everyone who is able to come!

I might be able to make that, columbus isn't too far of a drive and I used to live near polaris.

Where at is the event ?

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!
SB was really awesome last year and MoMos is the best tournament venue I have ever been to outside of Vegas. I'm pretty bummed that it looks like I won't be able to go this year.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Rise appeared in a screenshot as some sort of announcer or something, so I suspect she's not playable. Teddy seems likely to be playable since they bothered to give him the funny new outfit.

Wouldn't be surprised if the remaining characters were Dojima and Margaret.

So basically you don't know.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Jmcrofts posted:

I'll be there. I was too busy at EVO to check out Skullgirls, but I'll definitely try to play it at SB if the wait isn't too bad.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

3rd Strike is the only fighting game I kind of know how to play. I've got it on ps3 but don't have a fight stick yet. I'm on the west coast, down to play later.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Niddhogg posted:

So basically you don't know.

Did I say somewhere that I did know? I was just speculating based on what we knew so far, and hell the person who posted immediately after me agreed. So I have no idea what your problem is.

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

Its reasonable to assume Teddy will be, but in P4 Rise doesnt fight. I wouldnt be against her being the announcer or something.

One of the screenshots of this game floating around shows the pre-fight screen in single player, and the player's previous opponent was Teddie so I expect he'll be playable.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Digital_Jesus posted:

I might be able to make that, columbus isn't too far of a drive and I used to live near polaris.

Where at is the event ?

It's at MoMo2:

http://www.momogroup.net/

I totally agree with ZerodotJander, MoMo2 is one of the best tournament venues I've been to: Not too crowded, great food, and BOBA!

So everyone come!

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Jmcrofts posted:

...man. I wasn't going to go, but then I read this post and now I'm thinking about it. I wasn't able to get any Skullgirls in at ECT3 so I still haven't played it at all.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Jmcrofts posted:

It's at MoMo2:

http://www.momogroup.net/

I totally agree with ZerodotJander, MoMo2 is one of the best tournament venues I've been to: Not too crowded, great food, and BOBA!

So everyone come!

Bowling *and* fighting games ? gently caress.. I need to be at this.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Apparently some 3S players on GGPO have been using save state glitches or something the last couple weeks to still be able to play 3S, even though it was removed from the games list after 3SO was released. Moreover, they've piled themselves into the Karnov's Revenge/FHD room of all places.

And here I was, thinking I was surprised to see so many people playing FHD at once and then pulling my hair out most of the evening wondering why I kept crashing on connection/spec. :argh:

Zero000
Mar 8, 2008

Woof.

Jmcrofts posted:

Not too crowded

You're full of poo poo.

It's gonna be super packed this year I bet, even more so than last year.

SB is great

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zero000 posted:

You're full of poo poo.

It's gonna be super packed this year I bet, even more so than last year.

SB is great

Say hi to me this time, no more ducking!

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!
Zerp, do you know about any good Asian players coming? Is Gamerbee going to defend his crown?

Jock Mocken
Apr 7, 2005

on point like a unicorn, strapped like tha unabomb
everyday a work day but dont wear a uniform
Gucci Mane a dapper don, capper like a Capricorn

Gutcruncher posted:

Getting stuff to work on 360 is a lot harder and more expensive, as all 360 accessories need a special chip or something. The best way is to just buy a 360 stick and modify it to also work on PS3.

If you have basic soldering skills the best way is to buy a 360 Fightpad, they're quite well laid out for padhacking.

But yeah PS3 to 360 is a tough order. I know Laugh sells PS2 to 360 converters on eTokki with the cracked security chip like the Paewang and PS360 use so theoretically you could crack it open and work something out but that'd really be a waste of effort when Fightpads can be had for 25-30 bucks.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Jock Mocken posted:

If you have basic soldering skills the best way is to buy a 360 Fightpad, they're quite well laid out for padhacking.

But yeah PS3 to 360 is a tough order. I know Laugh sells PS2 to 360 converters on eTokki with the cracked security chip like the Paewang and PS360 use so theoretically you could crack it open and work something out but that'd really be a waste of effort when Fightpads can be had for 25-30 bucks.

Wait for the PS360+ PCB:s instead, they support 360, PS3, PSX/PS2 and PC.

http://www.akihabarashop.jp/

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

von Braun posted:

That's badass and will give me a reason finally to get some PS2 fighters since I wont have to get sticks.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

von Braun posted:

:aaa: I had no idea this was coming out!

I have one of the original PS360 PCBs - it supports 360/PS3/PC, and it's so loving easy to install and doesn't require solder. If this new board is anything like the old one then I highly recommend it.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
New Skullgirls friday night fights video: I'm in it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkiKwnJAdTE

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Single character teams still look really bad. I don't get why a single character takes red damage either unless there's some health recovery mechanic I'm not aware of.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

The Rokstar posted:

Single character teams still look really bad. I don't get why a single character takes red damage either unless there's some health recovery mechanic I'm not aware of.

Maybe there's a Baroque mechanic like TvC had.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Rokstar posted:

There isn't a recovery mechanic, single characters take red life just because everyone takes red life.

Some single characters are better than others. Cerebella does well against a lot of teams just because one 720 or one good combo and that's basically 100%. Parasoul does pretty well on her own as well just because she has good screen control, and unlike Peacock she has good "get-off-me" by herself. Peacock and Filia solo is pretty rough just because Peacock can't get people off her, and Filia doesn't have any way to make herself safe if the opponent blocks.

E: there's no baroque mechanic or anything either. As of now red health is non-functional for single characters. There's been talk of some kind of single-character alpha counter that spends red life, or a life recovery mechanic like darkstalkers, but so far they don't need it so nothing's been implemented on that front.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Peacock's shout of "Flip the bird!" for that one attack never fails to make me smile. Also her level 3 with the cigar toss still owns.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Jmcrofts posted:

There isn't a recovery mechanic, single characters take red life just because everyone takes red life.

Some single characters are better than others. Cerebella does well against a lot of teams just because one 720 or one good combo and that's basically 100%. Parasoul does pretty well on her own as well just because she has good screen control, and unlike Peacock she has good "get-off-me" by herself. Peacock and Filia solo is pretty rough just because Peacock can't get people off her, and Filia doesn't have any way to make herself safe if the opponent blocks.

E: there's no baroque mechanic or anything either. As of now red health is non-functional for single characters. There's been talk of some kind of single-character alpha counter that spends red life, or a life recovery mechanic like darkstalkers, but so far they don't need it so nothing's been implemented on that front.
Clearly this is all code for "X-Factor will be introduced shortly." You don't fool me, Chilldog (if that's even your REAL name).

Gamest Mook
Jun 22, 2011

by Ozmaugh
Ratio 3 Cerebella worries me a bit. Grapplers are already all-or-nothing kind of characters and when you're killing a character off one combo (especially in this kind of game where losing a character is really bad) that's going to be even more exaggerated. Seems like it has the potential to be pretty drat random.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Assists all day.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Is the announcer in skullgirls the same VA as the guy who did Dojima's voice for those Persona 4 comics? It sounds loving spot on.

Captain Corduroy
Mar 31, 2007

We find the source of the problem, and we throw dragons at it.
Christ, you just have to watch these videos in HD. Just look at Parasoul's animations. Unbelievable.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Yeah, the super at 1:18 looks fantastic

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Do you plan to add stuff to the backgrounds (people, cars passing by, planes, birds, etc.)?

The desolate look is nice for the lab stage, but I think the other stages would look better with some activity in the background.

Also, the shadows in the bridge/dock stage look weird, but I'm sure the art guys already know.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Jmcrofts posted:

I'm going to be going to play Mortal Kombat. Does anyone know if they'll be using 360s or PS3s?

ninety
Mar 13, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

(and can't post for 3 years!)

According to their website it's ps3's across the board at season's beatings, which sucks for me since I have just a 360 stick. SB would be the first tournament I go to, do these things have 'house' sticks? Is it a big deal to borrow one from somebody to lose my matches with?

40 OZ
May 16, 2003
What kind of stick do you have? You can borrow for sure but you might be able to spend just a little bit and dual mod your stick.

edit- There is also a good chance there will be people there you can pay to dual mod your stick.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

ninety posted:

According to their website it's ps3's across the board at season's beatings, which sucks for me since I have just a 360 stick. SB would be the first tournament I go to, do these things have 'house' sticks? Is it a big deal to borrow one from somebody to lose my matches with?

Unless it's visually apparent that you are a leper you can bum a TE off any random player standing behind you.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
So my Hitbox came in the mail today. Pretty cool so far. Lots of stuff is way easier, like balrog dash up ultra and TK whatever(haven't tried burn kicks yet). It feels like I get 1 button fireballs and dps, though I'm not quite perfectly consistent yet, which is most apparent when doing ultras. I haven't tried marvel yet, but I'm looking forward to easier triangle jumps and backwards wave dashing. Most confusing part is thinking about jumping with my thumb, and even jumping with my right hand.

Coughing-up Tweed
Jun 12, 2006

ninety posted:

Well, you're in luck that the 360 TE is the easiest to mod for multiple consoles (360 controllers have some encrypted authentication thing that makes PS3 to 360 tough). $50 and some cannibalized cables means that you can play on just about every console ever made, if you want: http://www.lizardlick.com/Toodles-TE-Kitty-Kit_p_630.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Just as a note, the TE S requires a different model of the Kitty. I don't know if Lizardlick has it (I haven't checked) but if not you can get it directly through toodles on SRK. I think the board is the same but there's an extra cable pack or something.

• Locked thread