Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vang
Jun 21, 2003

SlyFrog posted:

Everything's fun for awhile. Come back to me in 15 years and let me know how 7-7 is working for you, or more importantly, have you ex-wife and bitter kids come back to me and let me know how it worked out for them.
Who goes to law shool expecting to find happiness outside of a bottle of whiskey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Lmao Slyfrog post. Needs more space marines.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
IzzyFnStradlin rides again.

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

I hate my life. I would do anything to be a teenage punk rocker again. Once upon a time, I was full of energy and anger and played in The Speedbags.

I look back at that time, and it was the greatest. Do you understand how disgusting it is to envy your 15 year old self?

When I was 15 and in The Speedbags, it was the greatest time of my life.

I cry every day and can't loving sleep anymore and have a constant paid in my chest. All that I ever wanted to do was make rock and roll my life.

I just want to be 15 again.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3436346

TheAttackSlug
Aug 15, 2008

Phil Moscowitz posted:

A) you never asked
2) meeting internet people isn't something I take lightly
d) you seem like a weird dude, no offense

Buzz, your girlfriend. Woof.

quepasa18
Oct 13, 2005

Phil Moscowitz posted:

A) you never asked

Hope you had a good time at the game even though your team lost. And I hope you were treated well by the Packer fans.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

CaptainScraps posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3436346

DUDE! We're getting the band back together!

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

quepasa18 posted:

Hope you had a good time at the game even though your team lost. And I hope you were treated well by the Packer fans.

Yes, we were generally well treated and the folks around us were cool. One group of meth heads after the game made obligatory Katrina references but that's it.

I saw a girl I thought might be you. Were you wearing a pink jersey?

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

CaptainScraps posted:

I used to not be able to stand that dude, but I think I get his schtick now and actually find him pretty damned amusing. He only seems to post here when he is wasted and I think if I did the same thing my Rap Sheet would look like his. Also, his high school band kind of ruled judging by the songs. A way better Screeching Weasel ripoff band than the Screeching Weasel ripoff band I was in during high school.

entris
Oct 22, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
It amazes me that Izzy managed to get an offer after his summer associate work, given that he comes across as completely narcissistic and insane. How could anyone who has worked with him for any length of time actually think he's a good hire? He's an alcohol / drug overdose death waiting to happen.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

entris posted:

completely narcissistic and insane. How could anyone who has worked with him for any length of time actually think he's a good hire?

I think the answer to that question is pretty obvious, but I may be slightly biased

quepasa18
Oct 13, 2005

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Yes, we were generally well treated and the folks around us were cool. One group of meth heads after the game made obligatory Katrina references but that's it.

I saw a girl I thought might be you. Were you wearing a pink jersey?

Nope, white. Glad you had a good experience.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Mosco do you know if its true that people can actually make a living doing just court-appointed work in NOLA because I'm getting really annoyed with local municipalities and clients not paying

MoFauxHawk
Jan 1, 2007

Mickey Mouse copyright
Walt Gisnep

Defleshed posted:

I used to not be able to stand that dude, but I think I get his schtick now and actually find him pretty damned amusing. He only seems to post here when he is wasted and I think if I did the same thing my Rap Sheet would look like his. Also, his high school band kind of ruled judging by the songs. A way better Screeching Weasel ripoff band than the Screeching Weasel ripoff band I was in during high school.

College band. But yeah, it's pretty legit pop punk.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Watching Izzy post is like watching that episode of Intervention with the meth addicted stripper that throws ramen at her sister

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Defenestration posted:

Watching Izzy post is like watching that episode of Intervention with the meth addicted stripper that throws ramen at her sister

So like watching Chancery Court.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
God drat it, the universe has some sort of a sense of poetic justice because everyone in Dallas is pushing me towards working at the DA's office.

Somewhere Grumblefish is giggling like a little girl.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CaptainScraps posted:

God drat it, the universe has some sort of a sense of poetic justice because everyone in Dallas is pushing me towards working at the DA's office.

Somewhere Grumblefish is giggling like a little girl.

A DA. In Texas. May God have mercy on your soul.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Phil Moscowitz posted:

A) you never asked

mean :smith:

HiddenReplaced
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah...
it's wanking time.

entris posted:

It amazes me that Izzy managed to get an offer after his summer associate work, given that he comes across as completely narcissistic and insane. How could anyone who has worked with him for any length of time actually think he's a good hire? He's an alcohol / drug overdose death waiting to happen.

Izzy isn't actually a law student. It's all just made up.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

HiddenReplaced posted:

Izzy isn't actually a law student. It's all just made up.

Even if this weren't true, since when has being a narcissistic drug-fueled douchebag not suited a practicing lawyer?

MaximumBob
Jan 15, 2006

You're moving who to the bullpen?

nm posted:

A DA. In Texas. May God have mercy on your soul.

I assume when Illinois abolished the death penalty, Grumblefish cried a little.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

MaximumBob posted:

I assume when Illinois abolished the death penalty, Grumblefish cried a little.
He actually gloated about all the appellate PDs being laid off.

MaximumBob
Jan 15, 2006

You're moving who to the bullpen?

nm posted:

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that.

MoFauxHawk
Jan 1, 2007

Mickey Mouse copyright
Walt Gisnep

nm posted:

I need to hit that dude up

Lemonus
Apr 25, 2005

Return dignity to the art of loafing.
Ok so kind of a long shot but does any kind person have much experience with federal laws relating to forestry service land?

Also related to that- does anyone have any experience finding out public information on forest service land in particular certain areas/divisions of it?.

Want to look at this small piece in North Carolina. An associate is interested to try and swap arguably more valuable for the public good up river land. (The motivation being if the small hard to access slice of forestry land was able to be added to his land into a contiguous unit it would increase its value significantly.)

Gonna start my own research soon but was wondering if some kind person had much experience/could refer me to where to look.

Lemonus fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Sep 11, 2011

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.

MoFauxHawk posted:

I need to hit that dude

Minor edits made for correctness.

Vander
Aug 16, 2004

I am my own hero.
My boss has 'asked' that I get a briefcase for files instead of the filebox I have been using. Any suggestions on either briefcase or where I should look for one?

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I'm sitting here in Panera, listening to a precious recent graduate who is bemoaning the fact that there are no jobs/she might die alone, to her mother. It's quite amusing.

yadayadayada
Dec 5, 2004

Dodgers Baseball America #1 Embarrassment Prospect

Anya posted:

I'm sitting here in Panera, listening to a precious recent graduate who is bemoaning the fact that there are no jobs/she might die alone, to her mother. It's quite amusing.

That sounds loving hilarious.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I wanted to make a comment to her that she had applied and attended law school in the worst time in history, but it meant I would have had to talk to this precious child of God and her charming mother. Instead, I listened to her rant about lack of jobs in the WV/KY/OH tri-state. Alas.

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis

Anya posted:

I wanted to make a comment to her that she had applied and attended law school in the worst time in history, but it meant I would have had to talk to this precious child of God and her charming mother. Instead, I listened to her rant about lack of jobs in the WV/KY/OH tri-state. Alas.

Your malice and pettiness are almost overshadowed by your complete lack of basic social ability and confidence. Alas.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Captainscraps's adventures in attorney phone calls:

Him: "Yeah, so I worked at a lot of big firms. Susman Godfrey, Thompson Knight, Baker Botts."

Me: "That's great. What encouraged you to go to [Redacted] after that?"

Him: "I drank my way out of all those jobs and ruined my reputation."

Anya
Nov 3, 2004

tau posted:

Your malice and pettiness are almost overshadowed by your complete lack of basic social ability and confidence. Alas.

Actually, I'm quite a pleasant and polite person in real life. But, when someone's complaining quite loudly in a public place about not finding a six figure job straight out of college in a region not known for those types of jobs, my sympathy lessens a bit. Anyhoos, back to studying I go.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Stunt Rock posted:

Mosco do you know if its true that people can actually make a living doing just court-appointed work in NOLA because I'm getting really annoyed with local municipalities and clients not paying

All I know about as far as court-appointed work is CJA panel work in federal court, but I don't really know anyone who works in that area. When I was younger CJA stuff was pretty tough to get (not like in San Diego, where anyone with a license got put on the list and every morning the magistrate would go down the list assigning new immigration/drug/coyote cases to people).

atlas of bugs posted:

mean :smith:

You're ok dude, I've literally met only two internet people IRL, and one of those is Stunt Rock, who was a good guy. Thanks for the compliment about my wife BTW, Stunt Rock. I agree.

prussian advisor
Jan 15, 2007

The day you see a camera come into our courtroom, its going to roll over my dead body.

Anya posted:

Anyhoos, back to studying I go.

Bye! Please keep us updated!

J Miracle
Mar 25, 2010
It took 32 years, but I finally figured out push-ups!
See I only complain ironically to my hipster buddies so no strangers overhear me and think im precious and also who talks to their parents? Wtf lame

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Vander posted:

My boss has 'asked' that I get a briefcase for files instead of the filebox I have been using. Any suggestions on either briefcase or where I should look for one?

Cole Haan.

Also I officially know an attorney that stole a neighbor's dog's pain meds and got disciplined. Don't go, no jobs, steal dog opiates to numb yourself.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord
I'm having lunch with CaptScraps today. If I don't post on the forums this afternoon please send police.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
barely median @ duke
27 screeners
3 callbacks
V20 offer in my target market!!!

still don't go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

Sulecrist posted:

barely median @ duke