Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexy Randal
Jul 26, 2006

woah

Labored Wooting posted:

The Todd Glass show is really becoming one of my favorite podcasts. They are only 5 episodes deep but the latest show with Eddie Peppitone is one of the best episodes of any show lately.

The Redd Foxx thing from a few weeks ago is the dumbest yet funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

ElCondemn posted:

I found that Pinchbeck guy to be so incredibly annoying, annoying beyond words. Any time Rogan would say something "out there", Pinchbeck would laugh. The kind of annoying laugh that assholes who look down on you laugh. As if to say "oh, that's silly, you're so dumb and that's cute", and then he would retort with an even more loving stupid out there statement.

The worst guest I've ever heard so far (I started listening around episode 100 and in between the new episodes I catch up on old ones, at about #49 right now) was this dude they had on I think sometime in July. He just would not stop loving talking for one second and was just namedropping people every 10 seconds. His thing may have been about Egypt. What I love the most about Rogan's podcast are when friends are just sitting around bullshitting, this guy just wanted to monologue and lecture for the two hours and it was very uncomfortable.

Anyone know what I'm talking about or remember what this guy's name was? I just found this thread today and really want to find the pages of this thread where that guy was on.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

ElCondemn posted:

It was just such an odd conversation to have, if you don't like it because it's too "gay" then don't watch it.

Oh, totally! This sounds weird to say ala "I have lots of black friends!", but I'm pretty down with my local gay community. I can understand "I don't want to watch dudes make out." but it's crazier to act like "I WANTED TO THROW UP I WAS SO DISGUSTED!" Jesus Christ! Get over it. Some dudes want to gently caress dudes. Whatever.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
http://www.earwolf.com/store/comedy-bang-bang-the-podcast-live-from-bumbershoot-2011.html

quote:

Sep 3, 2011: Anthony Jeselnik, Paul F. Tompkins, Andy Daly
Sep 4, 2011: Eugene Mirman, Paul F. Tompkins, Andy Daly
Sep 5, 2011: Doug Benson, Paul F. Tompkins, Andy Daly
$9.99

I guess they found a way to get donations after all.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Combo posted:

I'm listening to this episode now, and that discussion was painful.

But now I'm at a point in the discussion where Joe doesn't believe most companies drug test you to get hired. I've been piss tested for literally every job I've ever had.

I've worked for some MAJOR companies, lets say they rhyme with "chalk well failings" and "funeral eclectic" and none of them ever drug tested me. I think it's a matter of position than policy.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Maarak posted:

I guess they found a way to get donations after all.

I was kind of pissed at this, and the gall of Auckerman to say on the FREE DLM podcast (as all of them were) that "Yes, the CBB podcasts will all be available for purchase on earwolf.com!" Earwolf is money-grubbing but in the stupidest most vain way. Don't you make enough T-Shirt money? Settle the gently caress down, Jeff.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

I was kind of pissed at this, and the gall of Auckerman to say on the FREE DLM podcast (as all of them were) that "Yes, the CBB podcasts will all be available for purchase on earwolf.com!" Earwolf is money-grubbing but in the stupidest most vain way. Don't you make enough T-Shirt money? Settle the gently caress down, Jeff.

Of course I'd rather have them for free, but I have no qualms about dropping :10bux: for 3 episodes that promise as much quality as these do. As long as they continue to have 1 episode a week for free, I'll be pretty happy.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
The pricing is really weird until you put it into context with stand-up comedy. There, you're paying $10 for 45 minutes to an hour, most of the time. Three (?) hours at that price is pretty good by that standard, but that's assuming they're of the quality of a polished stand-up hour. I'll be curious to hear how good they are.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah wish they would have set them up individually instead of 10 bucks for the 3. I'm on vacation this week though so there's no way I will be able to resist buying them, hopefully they are worth it.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

I paid for them and I also have bought three shirts so far, what's with the outrage? I like supporting them :\ I also paid for season one of superego even though I'd listened to it before.

Anal Volcano posted:

The pricing is really weird until you put it into context with stand-up comedy. There, you're paying $10 for 45 minutes to an hour, most of the time. Three (?) hours at that price is pretty good by that standard, but that's assuming they're of the quality of a polished stand-up hour. I'll be curious to hear how good they are.

10 bucks for three hours of polished stand up? I'd love to hear which shows you're going to that provide that.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Superego is so good. It's my favorite podcast. They had a recurring character named Putzi Hanfstaengl who was frequently mentioned in a book I just finished, In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson. Basically, he's was minor Nazi that later defected. I love saying his name and was laughing my tukhus off when he came up on Superego.

Edit: I wonder if Scott is thinking about making a jump to NNF pay-for-podcast territory...

COUNTIN THE BILLIES fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Sep 12, 2011

Elphiem
Dec 4, 2005

CFC Fan

Anal Volcano posted:

For those of us who have been awaiting the return of Red Bar Radio - i.e., like me and two other people - it looks like we're inching closer and closer. Mike's put up a new site (same design) at http://redbarradio.net, and has changed his Facebook profile picture, as well as the UStream "off air" picture, to a new logo.

Finally!

I've also heard rumors that David Angelo has allegedly moved back to Chicago.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

I'm thoroughly confused as to how anyone can have this attitude - if you like the stuff then pay for it, if you don't then don't. It's awesome that there's so much free comedy kicking around from people that are fantastic at it, but that doesn't mean it has to be free all the time, forever. At some point they have to actually earn some money from the thing we all love or there's no way they can continue to, say, eat. Maron does it through sponsorship, Earwolf's going for some paid downloads.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

I forgot to mention, August Lint returns in the bonus shows. He tried to kill himself in Hollywood but the authorities caught him before he could burn himself and the Hollywood sign.

Greatly enjoyable.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I am amazed that the last three pages contain no mention of Uhh Yeah Dude. This thread got me into this podcast - it's hilarious, and probably my favorite podcast. I feel like I have to give back a little, so here are a few clips to get you started:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZH8s3_7VY8 - Seth & Johnathan discuss Craigslist frat boys looking for company
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kByRODAlgU0 - Seth & Johnathan discuss the late night menu at Denny's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq8a6E241mQ - Seth & Johnathan discuss Google

You can either find it on iTunes or right here. Do listen. 283 and 285 are good places to start, are are any other recent ones. I've slowly been working my way back and they're amazing.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
I finished The Complete Guide to Everything and right now I rank it up there with UYD as my favorite podcast. Part that made me unexpectedly burst out in laughing was when they ended one of the segments with Tim (I think) suddenly saying to Tom "Did you just loving wink at me?" "No." *music cuts in*

Ruggan posted:

I am amazed that the last three pages contain no mention of Uhh Yeah Dude. This thread got me into this podcast - it's hilarious, and probably my favorite podcast. I feel like I have to give back a little, so here are a few clips to get you started:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZH8s3_7VY8 - Seth & Johnathan discuss Craigslist frat boys looking for company
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kByRODAlgU0 - Seth & Johnathan discuss the late night menu at Denny's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq8a6E241mQ - Seth & Johnathan discuss Google

You can either find it on iTunes or right here. Do listen. 283 and 285 are good places to start, are are any other recent ones. I've slowly been working my way back and they're amazing.

Unfortunately, everyone in this thread seems obsessed with CDR and the like. I never felt UYD ever fell off, it's just doing the show for 5, 6 years you're going to have a period of off shows.

The one recently where Seth is telling the story of the kid who got in two plane crashes was one of the strongest in years.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Is there anywhere to get episodes of SuperEgo that are MP3s? I can't access the quicktime files available on their website as quicktime isn't installed on my work computer and I don't have the correct permissions to install it myself.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

ElCondemn posted:

I forgot to mention, August Lint returns in the bonus shows. He tried to kill himself in Hollywood but the authorities caught him before he could burn himself and the Hollywood sign.

Greatly enjoyable.
Is he on another three month vacation?

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Fil5000 posted:

I'm thoroughly confused as to how anyone can have this attitude - if you like the stuff then pay for it, if you don't then don't.

It's hard for me to explain my feelings behind this. It's not that I mind paying the money, or that I don't think they deserve the money, it's kind of their attitude behind it that irks me.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
CBB has been charging for live episodes forever so I don't get the rage.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Groucho Marxist posted:

CBB has been charging for live episodes forever so I don't get the rage.

I think it had to do with them plugging a paid Bumbershoot podcast on a free Bumbershoot podcast? Either way, DLM has its own pay episodes, but the free Bumbshoot episodes were a sweet bonus for fans.

Happy to throw Earwolf a few bucks, also NNF and WTF.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

It's hard for me to explain my feelings behind this. It's not that I mind paying the money, or that I don't think they deserve the money, it's kind of their attitude behind it that irks me.

Do you get this mad when Doug plugs his for pay eps on free shows?

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Indolent Bastard posted:

Is there anywhere to get episodes of SuperEgo that are MP3s? I can't access the quicktime files available on their website as quicktime isn't installed on my work computer and I don't have the correct permissions to install it myself.

Below the Quicktime embeds they have links to a "non-enhanced Flash version", which also includes an .m4a download link. I dunno if you can use those, but they're not Quicktime at least :I

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I will gladly pay another :10bux: to get more podcasts combining Hot Dog and Andrew Lloyd Webber.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I don't know if it's just the episodes I listened to (which all either had Adam Scott or PFT), but I'm pretty much completely sold on CBB. This week's was amazing. Bill Burr used to be my Monday thing (mostly because MBMBaM didn't release until later), but I think this took it's spot.

e: I may pay for those extra epsiodes since they all have PFT.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 12, 2011

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

SpacePig posted:

I don't know if it's just the episodes I listened to (which all either had Adam Scott or PFT), but I'm pretty much completely sold on CBB.

It's just that good, even now I still laugh the hardest when listening to CBB.

CharlesWillisMaddox posted:

Unfortunately, everyone in this thread seems obsessed with CDR and the like.

Which is why I don't get comments like this, nobody is bashing UYD or any other podcast we just really do love and honestly just laugh a lot during almost every episode of CBB.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life.
Is it okay to like UYD and also CBB? I don't see how liking one precludes the other.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

ElCondemn posted:

It's just that good, even now I still laugh the hardest when listening to CBB.

Which is why I don't get comments like this, nobody is bashing UYD or any other podcast we just really do love and honestly just laugh a lot during almost every episode of CBB.

He's irrationally angry that people like listening to "celebrity" comedians, or celebrities in general (e.g., Jon Hamm when he makes the rounds).

Hence the avatar.

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Hypnopompic bees are extra scary. They turn into guns.
I'm not sure what podcasts have been discussed in the 100+ pages of this thread, but here's what I've been listening to:

Professor Blastoff - Comedians Tig Notaro, Kyle Dunnigan, and David Huntsberger discuss topics including the paranormal, the Universe, and anthropology. They are also usually very misinformed on these topics, which can be funny. They have good chemistry and have some very funny exchanges.

The Indoor Kids - Video game comedy podcast. They sometimes have interesting guests like Steve Agee. They focus less on the latest game news, and instead talk more about experiences with games that are already out there. I do have a few complaints though. The first girl they had hosting would not stop throwing out internet meme catchphrases. "LIKE A BOSS!" My other complaint is the "hardcore gamer" attitude they have. You should not be hardcore about playing a game. It is a game.

The Lavendar Hour - A podcast from married comedians Duncan Trussell and Natasha Leggero. Duncan is pretty funny and insightful, although sometimes misinformed. Natasha on the other hand is possibly retarded. Count the number of times per episode she says the words, "I don't know what that is." She also thinks all Muslims are terrorists, and comes off as a pampered, stuck-up person.

Jimbola
Sep 27, 2005

I say, what a dapper young fellow.
Fun Shoe

Anal Volcano posted:

For those of us who have been awaiting the return of Red Bar Radio - i.e., like me and two other people - it looks like we're inching closer and closer. Mike's put up a new site (same design) at http://redbarradio.net, and has changed his Facebook profile picture, as well as the UStream "off air" picture, to a new logo.

I fully expect the first show to start with "yep, I took comedy club money and bought drugs with it, DEAL WITH IT, gently caress you Kyle Lane." And I will love it.

Yes! I've recently got a job where podcasts are essential for sanity, and have really been missing RBR. Looking forward to it coming back.

Also started listening to Proops and MATES and love them both. Thanks for the recommendations guys!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

soru posted:

Is it okay to like UYD and also CBB? I don't see how liking one precludes the other.

I don't think it's so much the issue of "You can't like UYD and CBB", but more that people that don't like UYD pretty much just go "Whatever, not my thing.", while people that don't like CBB tend to slam it as objectively bad.

After coming to like CBB after not really liking the earlier epsiodes, I might end up giving UYD another chance.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

soru posted:

There are at least two of us in that camp.

WoG fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Sep 12, 2011

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Loved this week's UYD! Seth's description of "Feeders and Fiances" was amazing. Whenever Seth aggressively describes anything (in this case, women gaining weight to reach a Guinness record) as if it was a hardbitten sporting event, it always works.

CBB was pretty solid too, a new character from Paul F Tompkins!

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

The Modern Leper posted:

He's irrationally angry that people like listening to "celebrity" comedians, or celebrities in general (e.g., Jon Hamm when he makes the rounds).

Hence the avatar.

But nobody knows who Brett Gelman, Andy Daly, Nick Kroll, or even PFT are unless they're into comedy. Whenever people I've heard on these podcasts come to town I have a really hard time convincing my friends to come with me since they've never heard of them.

It just doesn't make sense...

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
I didn't know Brett Gelman was a person until I saw Eagleheart. I loved the revenge fantasy screenplay on his second CBB appearance.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I feel like some kind of freak for not caring for anything Earwolf that isn't hosted by Jewish twins from St.Louis.

I hope RBR comes back soon. If David Angelo comes back to Chicago and becomes a frequent co-host I could live without James Fritz or Drew Michael. I suspect I might be one of the few RBR fans that liked Drew though.
Any new details on Fritz new podcast?

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

ElCondemn posted:

I paid for them and I also have bought three shirts so far, what's with the outrage? I like supporting them :\ I also paid for season one of superego even though I'd listened to it before.

Did you manage to actually download 'em? I got an e-mail with the download links in it, but I can only stream them. Every time I try to download one it tries to save the actual website itself, if that makes any sense.

Also, I'm an idiot.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Those Brett Gellman monologues absolutely kill me every time.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

dog poop n doritos posted:

Did you manage to actually download 'em? I got an e-mail with the download links in it, but I can only stream them. Every time I try to download one it tries to save the actual website itself, if that makes any sense.

Also, I'm an idiot.

That happened to me when I tried to DL on my smartphone, but the links worked fine when I used a pc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

dog poop n doritos posted:

Also, I'm an idiot.

I use chrome and was able to do right click and save as, not sure if it'd be different for other browsers.

Shane-O-Mac posted:

I'm not sure what podcasts have been discussed in the 100+ pages of this thread, but here's what I've been listening to:

Professor Blastoff - Comedians Tig Notaro, Kyle Dunnigan, and David Huntsberger discuss topics including the paranormal, the Universe, and anthropology. They are also usually very misinformed on these topics, which can be funny. They have good chemistry and have some very funny exchanges.

The Indoor Kids - Video game comedy podcast. They sometimes have interesting guests like Steve Agee. They focus less on the latest game news, and instead talk more about experiences with games that are already out there. I do have a few complaints though. The first girl they had hosting would not stop throwing out internet meme catchphrases. "LIKE A BOSS!" My other complaint is the "hardcore gamer" attitude they have. You should not be hardcore about playing a game. It is a game.

The Lavendar Hour - A podcast from married comedians Duncan Trussell and Natasha Leggero. Duncan is pretty funny and insightful, although sometimes misinformed. Natasha on the other hand is possibly retarded. Count the number of times per episode she says the words, "I don't know what that is." She also thinks all Muslims are terrorists, and comes off as a pampered, stuck-up person.

I listen to all of these, but they're my "b team" of podcasts. I like all of the people way more than I like their podcasts but they are alright to listen to.

I think you may be missing a bit of Natasha's humor (regarding muslims, etc.), though I agree she does seem to not know seemingly common things.

ElCondemn fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Sep 12, 2011

• Locked thread