Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

ElCondemn posted:

I use chrome and was able to do right click and save as, not sure if it'd be different for other browsers.

I listen to all of these, but they're my "b team" of podcasts. I like all of the people way more than I like their podcasts but they are alright to listen to.

I think you may be missing a bit of Natasha's humor (regarding muslims, etc.), though I agree she does seem to not know seemingly common things.

I thought that Natasha's character was that she was too good for everyone,and that she was a rich stuck up girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Mike David posted this on his Facebook. This is the very definition of GET HYPE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaVYZfKh2g4

Also: I finally started listening to MBMBaM, and holy poo poo it's the funniest new podcast I've heard. It's a shame it's only 50 minutes a week, I'm already quite a bit of the way through the archives. It's the only podcast I've ever heard that fired on all cylinders from day one.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

The_Rob posted:

I thought that Natasha's character was that she was too good for everyone,and that she was a rich stuck up girl.

Yea, I don't think she's ever expressed anything towards Muslims in any other way but comedic. That's why I think he might have misunderstood if he thinks she's being serious if she says something like "muslims are terrorists".

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Chunky Delight posted:

I feel like some kind of freak for not caring for anything Earwolf that isn't hosted by Jewish twins from St.Louis.

Did you like the episodes of Sklarbro Country with Patton Oswalt? I'm guessing the answer is yes. Find an episode of CBB with Oswalt on it and give it a chance.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Binowru posted:

Did you like the episodes of Sklarbro Country with Patton Oswalt? I'm guessing the answer is yes. Find an episode of CBB with Oswalt on it and give it a chance.

Fair enough

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Hypnopompic bees are extra scary. They turn into guns.

ElCondemn posted:

Yea, I don't think she's ever expressed anything towards Muslims in any other way but comedic. That's why I think he might have misunderstood if he thinks she's being serious if she says something like "muslims are terrorists".

Well, I admit that I've never heard her actual comedy act, so I'm not familiar with her style. I wasn't aware that she played a character on the podcast, though. I thought she was just being her normal self. The Muslim-related comment that I'm referring to was from an early episode (I'm listening from the beginning). Duncan was saying something about how there are parts of every religion that make sense, then Natasha said, "But what about the Muslims? Why do they want to kill everyone?" She said it as if it were a commonly known fact that Muslims kill people. But that's just me.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Duncan and Natasha aren't married. They go on about it for a few minutes in a few episodes. He doesn't believe in it.

I have bought all of their bonus episodes so far.
I have such a man crush on Duncan.

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin

AltronHGX posted:

The worst guest I've ever heard so far (I started listening around episode 100 and in between the new episodes I catch up on old ones, at about #49 right now) was this dude they had on I think sometime in July. He just would not stop loving talking for one second and was just namedropping people every 10 seconds. His thing may have been about Egypt. What I love the most about Rogan's podcast are when friends are just sitting around bullshitting, this guy just wanted to monologue and lecture for the two hours and it was very uncomfortable.

Anyone know what I'm talking about or remember what this guy's name was? I just found this thread today and really want to find the pages of this thread where that guy was on.

Pretty sure that was Joe Rogan Podcast #119: Jan Irvin.

The latest one with Anthony Bourdain was pretty interesting, but I couldn't believe how many times Anthony would answer a question about something and Joe would just reply "Woah............". At one point the silence was so long Bourdain actually started asking Joe questions.

Still an entertaining listen though.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
PFT was pretty amazing on this week's CBB, but Zach Galifinakis is probably my least favorite regular guest on the show. I like his comedy a lot but he just seems so phoned in on CBB.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
I think his joke is that he acts really unpleasant on podcasts. But unfortunately, that just makes listening to his appearances... unpleasant.

BarryMantlesnorks
Nov 14, 2005
PFT as Herzog is amazing. Couldn't stop laughing on the train today.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
Last week's DLM was fun. It's nice to hear PFT say funny things instead of annoying voices.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

BarryMantlesnorks posted:

PFT as Herzog is amazing. Couldn't stop laughing on the train today.

He just started learning Flash!

j8910
Apr 2, 2002

dog poop n doritos posted:

Did you manage to actually download 'em? I got an e-mail with the download links in it, but I can only stream them. Every time I try to download one it tries to save the actual website itself, if that makes any sense.

Also, I'm an idiot.

What browser are you using? When it starts streaming, see if you can go to File, and choose "Save As". That's an easy fix.

Elec
Feb 25, 2007

Shane-O-Mac posted:

The Indoor Kids - Video game comedy podcast. They sometimes have interesting guests like Steve Agee. They focus less on the latest game news, and instead talk more about experiences with games that are already out there. I do have a few complaints though. The first girl they had hosting would not stop throwing out internet meme catchphrases. "LIKE A BOSS!" My other complaint is the "hardcore gamer" attitude they have. You should not be hardcore about playing a game. It is a game.

I'm really glad you brought this up, because I wanted to bitch about it when I first heard it but didn't because it wasn't explicitly a "comedy" podcast and wasn't sure if it was OK.

I listen to the main Nerdist podcast whenever there's a guest I like, but an early episode (#3, I wanna say) of Indoor Kids caught my eye, because they were going to be talking about fighting games and EVO, and I like both of those things. I loving hated the poo poo out of it. I sort of like the main guy, with the accent, and I think he's actually really quick-witted, but like you pointed out, I distinctly remember starting to count her "LIKE A BOSS!"'s. I think she got up to 4 before the guest finally tried to rib her about it? She talked about Reddit and memes and cosplaying a lot and seemed really flabbergasted that the other guys didn't care. She talked about how awesome Call of Duty and Starcraft tourneys were, and the guys were making fun of her and she got butthurt, then turned around and tried to make fun of fighting game tournaments but wasn't very good at it. I am the definition of casual gamer and I know jack about gaming as an industry, but they often don't seem to really know what they're talking about. If they've gotten rid of the girl that I hated, I can imagine trying to listen more, because I happened to like the main guy and the guest they had for that episode. I've listened/tried a lot of podcasts I didn't like or was bored with, but I've never actually been angry at one like I was with that episode. This was longer than it should have been.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

j8910 posted:

What browser are you using? When it starts streaming, see if you can go to File, and choose "Save As". That's an easy fix.

I finally got one of them downloaded. I had to open it in firefox, then did file > "save page as" and it finally let me save it as an mp3. It's weird because I'd tried that a few times before and it always tried to save the actual page and hasn't worked again since.

Weird.

widunder
May 2, 2002

Dip Facial posted:

Pretty sure that was Joe Rogan Podcast #119: Jan Irvin.

The latest one with Anthony Bourdain was pretty interesting, but I couldn't believe how many times Anthony would answer a question about something and Joe would just reply "Woah............". At one point the silence was so long Bourdain actually started asking Joe questions.

Still an entertaining listen though.
I liked the Bourdain show a lot. You really notice how much Rogan just admires him, and there's very little going down the Rogan rabbit hole going on.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Elec posted:

I'm really glad you brought this up, because I wanted to bitch about it when I first heard it but didn't because it wasn't explicitly a "comedy" podcast and wasn't sure if it was OK.

I listen to the main Nerdist podcast whenever there's a guest I like, but an early episode (#3, I wanna say) of Indoor Kids caught my eye, because they were going to be talking about fighting games and EVO, and I like both of those things. I loving hated the poo poo out of it. I sort of like the main guy, with the accent, and I think he's actually really quick-witted, but like you pointed out, I distinctly remember starting to count her "LIKE A BOSS!"'s. I think she got up to 4 before the guest finally tried to rib her about it? She talked about Reddit and memes and cosplaying a lot and seemed really flabbergasted that the other guys didn't care. She talked about how awesome Call of Duty and Starcraft tourneys were, and the guys were making fun of her and she got butthurt, then turned around and tried to make fun of fighting game tournaments but wasn't very good at it. I am the definition of casual gamer and I know jack about gaming as an industry, but they often don't seem to really know what they're talking about. If they've gotten rid of the girl that I hated, I can imagine trying to listen more, because I happened to like the main guy and the guest they had for that episode. I've listened/tried a lot of podcasts I didn't like or was bored with, but I've never actually been angry at one like I was with that episode. This was longer than it should have been.

I think the show is pretty great but it doesn't have a lot of comedy, but there are quite a few funny parts. I'm a pretty big gamer though so I identify with a lot of the stuff they talk about. Anyway that chick left the show after like the 4th episode and Kumails wife took her place, I like her more than the original chick. If you like Kumail you should listen to his CDR/CBB appearances, he's pretty funny and has an awesome John Mayer story.

I just started listening to Todd Glass's podcast, and I'm on the second episode... I am laughing my rear end off. It's so good, I like Jimmy Dore and CaEE but I've realized now why that show isn't one of my favorites anymore. Everything is a bit, and it's hilarious.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

nemoulette posted:

I liked the Bourdain show a lot. You really notice how much Rogan just admires him, and there's very little going down the Rogan rabbit hole going on.

Great, now I have to listen to the Joe Rogan podcast. drat you, Bourdain.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Joe Rogan: "What's the population of France and Italy? A couple of million each, right?"

widunder
May 2, 2002

jyrka posted:

Joe Rogan: "What's the population of France and Italy? A couple of million each, right?"
yeah, with his knowledge of how many languages there are in the world and now this... maybe there's more to education than watching documentaries on YouTube.

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Hypnopompic bees are extra scary. They turn into guns.

Brekelefuw posted:

I have such a man crush on Duncan.

That sincerely joyous laugh. :allears:

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Elec posted:

The G4 meme chick is gone now and Kumail's wife took over as the 2nd host. The content quality is much better and is geared more towards casual gamers since they are comics who love games and not professional game journalists. They just talk about game stuff and is more relatable than any of the professional gaming podcasts.

This weeks episode with Aisha Tyler had me cracking up multiple times at the gym last night. Her story about trying to watch Episode III in the theater and catching the 13 year old Asian kid in the seat next to her beating off was priceless.

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.

Geekslinger posted:

This weeks episode with Aisha Tyler had me cracking up multiple times at the gym last night. Her story about trying to watch Episode III in the theater and catching the 13 year old Asian kid in the seat next to her beating off was priceless.

How did that start up, anyways? It was a huge jolt - they were talking about videogames and somehow it turned into masterbationchat. A really good episode, but it took a weird turn that I was totally not expecting.

Just remember- don't stop until you see the flowers.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
The newest episode of Those drat Ross Kids is up and ready for you to enjoy.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Mogambo posted:

How did that start up, anyways? It was a huge jolt - they were talking about videogames and somehow it turned into masterbationchat. A really good episode, but it took a weird turn that I was totally not expecting.

Just remember- don't stop until you see the flowers.

I think it's because practically every conversation Aisha Tyler is involved in turns to something to do with jacking off - that's the impression I got from the Nerdist she was on anyway.

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009

Song For The Deaf posted:

The newest episode of Those drat Ross Kids is up and ready for you to enjoy.

I listen to so many podcasts that I'm often late to the game but 41:Planet Diamondopscopus had me laughing so very very hard. Please have more didgeridoo solos. I forget which R.K. you are but my compliments go out to both of you.

BWOMomwomwomWOMwoooooomMMMM.

(That is how I imagine a didgeridoo sound is spelled)

Bonus edit: I have been really liking the indoor kids as well and also hating meme girl. It's like first of all nobody on the internet has mentioned mudkips in at least 4 years and also, I learned very quickly on that even though I may find an internet thing funny, I should keep my mouth shut about those things off the internet because nobody is interested in hearing me talk about things like "Y U NO!" and such. When she started trying to explain that in the Jordan Morris episode I had flashbacks to ten year old me trying to explain Pokemon to my grandparents. You gotta keep that stuff on the net.

Behold! A Elk! fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 13, 2011

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.

Behold! A Elk! posted:

BWOMomwomwomWOMwoooooomMMMM.

(That is how I imagine a didgeridoo sound is spelled)

It was all one breath, too.

Thanks for listening, and for the kind words.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

My god I'm on episode 5 of the Todd Glass podcast and from the start it's making me crack up. It starts with him being absurd and then he goes into "you're already smiling" and it makes me crack up. People walking past me on the street were giving me looks because of my reaction. Then Peppitone starts talking and he starts playing some "bedding" music. So loving funny... everyone who likes silly comedy NEEDS to listen to this.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Tom Scharpling just tweeted that John Hodgman is going to be in-studio for tonight's Best Show. This is going to be amazing.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

Tom Scharpling just tweeted that John Hodgman is going to be in-studio for tonight's Best Show. This is going to be amazing.

Judging from his tweets, it sounds like Jon Wurster might be in studio too, which would be wonderful.

Elec
Feb 25, 2007

Behold! A Elk! posted:

Bonus edit: I have been really liking the indoor kids as well and also hating meme girl. It's like first of all nobody on the internet has mentioned mudkips in at least 4 years and also, I learned very quickly on that even though I may find an internet thing funny, I should keep my mouth shut about those things off the internet because nobody is interested in hearing me talk about things like "Y U NO!" and such. When she started trying to explain that in the Jordan Morris episode I had flashbacks to ten year old me trying to explain Pokemon to my grandparents. You gotta keep that stuff on the net.

That's the exact episode that I first tried. I wish it was fun to hate her, but I don't even want to try listening to another second with her in it. And yeah, most people learn that "you had to be there"-caliber stuff is boring to everyone else on the planet by high school, and the internet is the new "you had to be there". My fiance sometimes doesn't understand some of what I do/am interested in, but it's my job to put it in a framework that she has reference to, and people who talk about the internet and memes in real life rarely have that ability.

Geekslinger posted:

The G4 meme chick is gone now and Kumail's wife took over as the 2nd host. The content quality is much better and is geared more towards casual gamers since they are comics who love games and not professional game journalists. They just talk about game stuff and is more relatable than any of the professional gaming podcasts.

As a matter of fact, on your recommendation I tried out an episode with Kumail's wife instead (the one that starts out about race with Dominic from Derrick Comedy), and it is a thousand percent better. I think the hosts have great chemistry, she's pretty smart, he's very quick, and they have a pretty immediate rapport with Dominic. It's almost like it's a totally different show. I don't play modern consoles so I often don't have a reference, but they're very good at making it accessible. I'll check out the Aisha Tyler one too.

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.
The Earwolf Challenge wrapped up today with Totally Laime taking the amazing prize of a no cash reward.

Overall, I really liked the challenge and made it the first podcast I listened to in the mornings while getting ready for work (temporary replacing the Ace Man). I've become a semi-regular listener to a few of the contestants ( TV Zombies, Complete Guide to Everything, F +, TL and TLLDDC).

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
Why was TCGTE even in the contest? It's not a skit show or a morning zoo show. It's like the worst possible fit for that network.

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008
For those of you jonesing for You look Nice Today, Merlin Mann has a new show with John Roderick called Roderick on the Line. Feels like home.

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin
Anyone notice the Nerdist / Rogan debate on twitter about Stitcher?

Very reminiscent of Bill Burr / Redban's "RSS feeds" debacle.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Elec posted:

She talked about how awesome Call of Duty and Starcraft tourneys were, and the guys were making fun of her and she got butthurt, then turned around and tried to make fun of fighting game tournaments but wasn't very good at it. I am the definition of casual gamer and I know jack about gaming as an industry, but they often don't seem to really know what they're talking about..

Yeah, I thought it was really weird that they didn't know that Star Craft is huge in South Korea, especially G4 girl who apparently spends a lot of time on the internet. Glad to know that she's not on the show any more as she was the reason I stopped listening. Out of curiosity, did they ever say why she left?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Dip Facial posted:

Anyone notice the Nerdist / Rogan debate on twitter about Stitcher?

Very reminiscent of Bill Burr / Redban's "RSS feeds" debacle.

Go on?

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin

mcvey posted:

Go on?

Chris Hardwick posted:

Stitcher takes your content off your rss feed so that affects download reporting and iTunes ranking. Not a great deal for podcasters, IMO.

No one's going to change my mind on this. I think it sucks, & if you can't bring yourself to dl the show from our feed then thanks & g'bye!

Consuming the show on Stitcher literally does damage to it for us. Again, sorry, but philosophically I'm just not okay with it.

People, we bust our asses to put out 2 FREE shows a week and some folks are bitching that they can't get it on ONE app? C'mown, guys!

@redban @joerogan when Mencia steals jokes and profits from them are you still cool with the "it's all about ears" position? #DontHitMe

Ok! Here's the @StitcherRadio story from my POV. Hope it sheds light on where I'm coming from (if you give a crap): http://t.co/BE26uQn

Joe Rogan posted:

@nerdist I've always wanted to get the podcast out to as many people as possible as easily as possible. Stitcher helps that

@nerdist You're a smart guy, but that's a pretty silly comparison. Stitcher offers a convenient service and gives detailed tracking numbers

@nerdist Everyone has their own priorities when it comes to podcasts but I actually appreciate the stitcher service. It works for me.

I understand both sides of the argument, but if you agree to have your podcast on Stitcher then you are basically trading your content for free bandwidth/exposure to a wider audience. If you don't want to make that trade, don't put your stuff on Stitcher.

Dip Facial fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Sep 14, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

I think the problem Hardwick was having (If I'm remembering what he posted last night correctly) is that he asked them to use Nerdist's own feed on Stitcher so they could keep track of downloads/listens so they could get advertisers, Stitcher told them they would, and for a while they did. After a while though, Stitcher switched it back to their own feed without letting anyone at Nerdist know, so Nerdist didn't get any stats from them.

• Locked thread