Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

ChuckDHead posted:

Can you change the real/pseudonym later if you decide you want to "go public", as it were?

Yep, the lookup for the name is live on each review so if you change your name it'll reflect on anything written previously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

He is Australian.

*folds arms*

Not anymore.

*strikes pose*

Tardstar
Feb 25, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

He's really not suited to QI. The only northerner who is is Johnny Vegas

This is what southerners actually believe. Lee mack is poo poo though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just watched the Great British Bake-Off on the strength of reactions in this thread. I don't even know what the gently caress :psyduck:

Rolled Cabbage
Sep 3, 2006
I hate Holly so much. At least some of the other ones are enjoyably crap at times or get drunk on tv show power and get a little too inventive. You can tell she's incredibly anally retentive and just went through Mary Berry's books cooking everything 500 times, her stuff is also pretty boring because if she took risks it might... turn out wrong! :argh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rolled Cabbage posted:

I hate Holly so much. At least some of the other ones are enjoyably crap at times or get drunk on tv show power and get a little too inventive. You can tell she's incredibly anally retentive and just went through Mary Berry's books cooking everything 500 times, her stuff is also pretty boring because if she took risks it might... turn out wrong! :argh:

Following instructions leads to good results? :aaa:

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
I knew there was a reason that I didn't want to stay out in the pub tonight, but it wasn't until I got home that I remembered about Bake Off.

Apparently it was pies tonight? ARGH! That's nearly as good as bread. :(

Rolled Cabbage
Sep 3, 2006

Rarity posted:

Following instructions leads to good results? :aaa:

She looks like a mimsy-pimsy Delia Smith book owner, and that is unforgivable :colbert:

Mary-Anne for ever.

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

Rolled Cabbage posted:

She looks like a Delia Smith book owner, and that is unforgivable :colbert:

Hey, every house in Britain probably has a copy of Delia's Complete Cookery Course somewhere.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

He is Australian.

*folds arms*

Nah, he's a Northerner, he just bought a house there so he could use the story of it burning in his comedy acts.

Rolled Cabbage
Sep 3, 2006

ChuckDHead posted:

Hey, every house in Britain probably has a copy of Delia's Complete Cookery Course somewhere.

Not this one :stare: Elizabeth David or nothing, you heathen.

Testro
May 2, 2009

boner meter posted:

Anyone watching thie Keith Allen Body Farm hingmy?

I watched it. I thought it was passable and would give a second episode a watch, although I felt some of it was quite by numbers.

My friend got a bit annoyed with me because I called out each twist before it happened (which is how we 'play' tv watching in my house!).

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

He's really not suited to QI. The only northerner who is is Johnny Vegas.
Haha, what is this about? Lee Mack and Jonny Vegas are basically the opposite in their style (bully versus victim, basically), you're grouping them together for no reason other than a bizarre, misplaced nod to class prejudice.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Yes. Yes, I am.

Holy Doughnuts!
Oct 20, 2010

Sergeant Butterman, the little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
All Northerners ARE literally the same. I used to have to watch GMTV before the school run, I've seen them, milling about, squealing and giving awkward looks at someone off-screen when they think Keith Chegwin isn't looking. What are they up to up there?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I fear anyone over the river Tamar personally.

BeeZee142
Sep 26, 2007
I think TGBBO is the first show I've watched where I've purposefully avoided the forums to stop spoilering myself. I am so sad that Jason went. I wanted Paul(who is also a total silver fox) to offer him an apprenticeship or something at the end. Rob is a total knob :colbert:

Choux pastry next week! That's so difficult! :ohno:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

SeanBeansShako posted:

I fear anyone over the river Tamar personally.

Likewise, though I'm on the Devon side of it.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
i got spoiled that Jason went, he'd been so consistent so far :(

Tardstar
Feb 25, 2010

by Ozmaugh
You know how the tories are currently destroying the country? Southerners vote for them consistently :smug:.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Tardstar posted:

You know how the tories are currently destroying the country? Southerners vote for them consistently :smug:.

strange because the south is full of smart and educated people that really ought to know better

sex pervert
Mar 22, 2011

This reminds me of a Kilroy show with a north/south theme that I watched once when I was skiving off school. It was near Christmas and I think it was intended to be one of those lighthearted ones (where Kilroy just smiled and kneeled next to ladies in skirts the entire time instead of actually trying to debate anything) but it came drat close to turning into a blood bath.

I miss Kilroy :smith:

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Kilroy is an awful man

sex pervert
Mar 22, 2011

Kilroy the man is a bellend, yes, but the show was the best thing on morning telly ever, though admittedly that's not a high bar. You were always guaranteed at least one bonafide mental case in his audience on every show.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Obligatory jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaampost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q8HpCsOTGE

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

If we're on the topic of Chris Morris & poo poo chat shows it would be remiss of me not to post https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ecxW3KPUD4

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Rolled Cabbage posted:

She looks like a mimsy-pimsy Delia Smith book owner, and that is unforgivable :colbert:

Mary-Anne for ever.

How to Cook is a brilliant book and should come with every new house with a prebuilt kitchen.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Every time I see this, I giggle constantly through the whole length of it.

BBC4 is doing a series of programs about the culture and history of the British Army and I can't fecking wait to watch.

Red7
Sep 10, 2008

quote:

BBC4 is doing a series of programs about the culture and history of the British Army and I can't fecking wait to watch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/collections/p00hl622/army-a-very-british-institution

Thats what they've put up so far, some good stuff in there about Aden and Borneo.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Red7 posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/collections/p00hl622/army-a-very-british-institution

Thats what they've put up so far, some good stuff in there about Aden and Borneo.

Legendary, Thank you.

Briefly met a old fellow who served during the chaos Aden a few months ago doing Volunteer work at a certain Military Musuem. Nice old bloke.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Rolled Cabbage posted:

Yeah most of the other contestants cry when they mess up. Holly looks like she would cut herself and drown her children.

Holy Doughnuts!
Oct 20, 2010

I'm a little bummed that Jason was kicked out, I liked him. I could imagine him ringing his mum after every round to tell her how it went, but I don't want to imagine the one after last episode :(

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Michael Clayton, the George Clooney film is on iPlayer for another week or so.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Just finished watching Planet Dinosaur. It's a little bit like ultimate warrior, but with dinosaurs, and it's narrated by John Hurt.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

justcola posted:

Just finished watching Planet Dinosaur. It's a little bit like ultimate warrior, but with dinosaurs, and it's narrated by John Hurt.
This is queued up for me tonight. I'm morbidly watching Britain's Youngest Undertaker for some reason though, it's a bit bizarre to say the least.

Hah, it's in Newport, explains it all.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So it was mentioned a little while back that some of us are working on a TV review site. I'm going to be contributing reviews and I'm stuck on which of two new shows to look at next week, so I figured I'd ask you guys for opinions on which sounds like it would be better. (Please note: quality is not strictly necessary)

The choices are The Fades (supernatural horror, by one of the best writers on Skins and starring Kenneth) and Fresh Meat (university-based sitcom, starring goon-favourite Jack Whitehall). Please help me out, I can't decide!

PS. If anyone knows any really terrible British shows worth introducing to Americans, let me know?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The one without the oval office in it.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
The one with the oval office in does also star Joe Thomas ('im off Inbetweeners) and is written by a couple of Peep Show guys, so it might be goon-friendly yet.

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun
No he is poison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holy Doughnuts!
Oct 20, 2010

Took me a minute to realise you weren't talking about the female actors and I was all like whoa.

I think it looks kind of funny :(