Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyon
Dec 19, 2006

brap

XvoUd4 posted:

The problem with that here in Aus if you're out on fun roads is that apparently one of the favoured tactics of unmarked cops is getting extremely close (like, a metre/yard) and waiting for you to do just that. Then they light up and you get a few hundred dollars -or more- worth of fine, and potentially lose your licence instantly. And if they happen to be a complete bastard with time to kill, they'll defect anything they can (aftermarked exhaust, lights, etc.) and give you a ticket to get your exhaust loudness checked (another hundred or something from your pocket).

I'm in Sydney and I've never heard of cops doing this before. It's usually pretty easy to spot an unmarked police car anyway - since they're all usually Fords/Holdens.

I am more than familiar with this kind of bullshit though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G54Bus6bBhk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

XvoUd4 posted:

Has anyone posted Freewayphobia yet? Not motorcycling, but related to the current discussion.

@4:27, Seems about right for 600, but a liter bike can do it in only 450.

XvoUd4
Aug 13, 2011

Kyon posted:

I'm in Sydney and I've never heard of cops doing this before. It's usually pretty easy to spot an unmarked police car anyway - since they're all usually Fords/Holdens.
Here you go.

Kyon posted:

I am more than familiar with this kind of bullshit though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G54Bus6bBhk
Awww, doesn't look like they're wearing camo from the surplus store. Those guys' hearts mustn't be in it.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Uh oh... something seems strange here

Sleeve, meet aluminum

That's gonna cost ya

Can anyone else guess what got nuked at the same time?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

XvoUd4 posted:

The problem with that here in Aus if you're out on fun roads is that apparently one of the favoured tactics of unmarked cops is getting extremely close (like, a metre/yard) and waiting for you to do just that. Then they light up and you get a few hundred dollars -or more- worth of fine, and potentially lose your licence instantly. And if they happen to be a complete bastard with time to kill, they'll defect anything they can (aftermarked exhaust, lights, etc.) and give you a ticket to get your exhaust loudness checked (another hundred or something from your pocket).

Not sure how often this happens, and the things I've listed don't usually get done all together, but they definitely are done :(.

I know roughly which cars the cops here use as unmarked cars, they used Peugeot 406s for years, these days I think it's mostly Golf GTIs and Hyundai Sonatas, I think I've spotted a couple of Audis as well, plus obviously unmarked versions of the normal patrol cars, so Ford Mondeos, Opel Vectras and VW Passats. If they ever get right up on your tail, you can usually spot the flashers hidden in the grill and/or behind the rear view mirror.

But I've never seen them provoke people into breaking the law like you mention, there are plenty of people who are already speeding on their own volition to worry about juking the numbers.

In any case, they definitely don't use clapped-out smoke-tuned TDI Passat wagons as unmarked cars, so no worries on my part ;)

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

DefaultPeanut posted:

Is it, every roller bearing in the bottom end?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

DefaultPeanut posted:

Uh oh... something seems strange here

Sleeve, meet aluminum

That's gonna cost ya

The valves! :buddy:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I flipped on last year's MotoGP race in Aragon to try to remember what the track was like, as the race is there this weekend.

I can't be the only one who sees a dirty image in this company logo can I?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Hahaha, doin' it A-style!

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

nsaP posted:

I flipped on last year's MotoGP race in Aragon to try to remember what the track was like, as the race is there this weekend.

That has to be intentional. Right? What else could it mean?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

it could mean cheeky logos sell t-shirts

cinder
Aug 25, 2000
I was more surprised by seeing a Duc on the front row :hurr:

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

This could be a repost, but if it is, it's a repost worth reposting.

Needless to say, I want to live in this house.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?

Zool posted:

Is it, every roller bearing in the bottom end?

Bottom end was minty, save for the oil pump. 'Guy bought the bike and the PO apparently did an oil change but forgot to tighten the block drain plug... Nuked the rockers, cam, head (aluminum journal bearings) piston, top rod journal, oil pump and timing chain guide.

Blinken
Aug 11, 2007

MotoMind posted:

I've seen that picture tons of times but this is the first I've ever noticed the quads in the kitchen.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

nsaP posted:

What dirty image?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Kawasaki H2 Double Engine - these things sound ridiculous.

http://youtu.be/V_2lqoobl6s?t=1m52s

http://youtu.be/84oDDWkjAJo?t=18s

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
There is no :stare: big enough for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzJOY0nzKIw

Pred1ct
Feb 20, 2004
Burninating
Holy hell that was close.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
And on a similar theme.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v209/zenodamper/publix/?action=view&current=DSCF3571.mp4

SlightlyMadman
Jan 14, 2005

"All his Christmases have just ended."

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

What does that even mean?

SlightlyMadman
Jan 14, 2005

slidebite posted:

I don't even care, I'm going to start using it.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

WOW, he I've never seen a bike shred like that in a track crash. Awesome.

I love how he stops crashing, gets up sort of running and ready to get back on the bike... see's it and... 'oh... gently caress'.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dropped once by my cousin while moving it in his driveway. Light fairing damage. Good fixer-upper. Price is firm.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

MotoMind posted:

If you build it, they will come.

Content:
1. Get money
2. Get paid

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

slidebite posted:

Just look at the guy's expression. Its like he found out he's getting a lump of coal every christmas for the rest of his life.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

2ndclasscitizen posted:

There is no :stare: big enough for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzJOY0nzKIw

Jesus, I actually ducked when I saw that bike come flying by.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Slim Pickens posted:

Jesus, I actually ducked when I saw that bike come flying by.

Am I crazy for this and turning my bike into a lightcycle? It would help my visibility when I ride home at night since I wear black gear.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

CheeseSpawn posted:

Am I crazy for this and turning my bike into a lightcycle? It would help my visibility when I ride home at night since I wear black gear.

that is freaking awesome.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

they've had them for cars for ages, check out your local ricer meet. It's just an LED valve cap. Kind of cool if you like sparkly things and lights (I like sparkly things and lights), but also kinda cheesy.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

The one Cheesespawn posted is apparently a LED that shines onto a strip of phosphorescent tape that glows in the dark. It's pretty cheesy looking, but a cool design. I worked at a shop last summer that did the same lighted wheel idea, but with LEDs directly on the wheel. It allowed for even cheesier designs and colors.

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
EL Wire looks good for clothing, get that Tron look quite easily:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Sam-Flynn-Suit-from-TRON-Legacy/

Also :suspense:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZznQGRNU1w
Amazing recovery, the looks of the pit crew are priceless.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004
Friend of mine has a company doing that kind of thing for bicycles: http://www.monkeylectric.com/

Whiteboy
Nov 10, 2009

What kind of bike is this?

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Whiteboy posted:

Some kind of 600cc supersport that is modified to a streetfighter.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
No tank either. That thing is rad.

XvoUd4
Aug 13, 2011

2ndclasscitizen posted:

No tank either. That thing is rad.
Could possibly a Buell (they use the frame as a fuel tank). Not familiar with them, though.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Whiteboy posted:

It's a CBR600. They bought it as a wreck for a couple hundred bucks and made it into a street fighter. I need to grab some pictures of it, since the gas tank is a custom made thing that actually extends up into the tail section. It's also that kid's first bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XvoUd4
Aug 13, 2011

Afterdark posted:

Also :suspense:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZznQGRNU1w
Amazing recovery, the looks of the pit crew are priceless.
Had to track it down, but I reckon this guy at least matches that one.