Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CanadianSuperKing
Dec 29, 2008

Taima posted:

We need more specifics about the aforementioned no-jokes large package. Cut, uncut? bent at all? how long?

Just go ahead and act like you're rating a fine wine, that would be a proper format that covers all the bases. Just start with the bouquet and mouth-feel and progress from there.

I feel like this thread has taken a turn away from personal finance :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

CanadianSuperKing posted:

I feel like this thread has taken a turn away from personal finance :(

Unfortunately his large package (NO JOKES PLEASE) requires an expensive casing. So until he gets a penis ensmallment and can cut back on his dick wardrobe costs, it's relevant.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

ToeShoes posted:

Hi! I'm the girl friend.

Hi girlfriend!

You made tuyop's life considerably easier by posting here. I was afraid he ran off with my money and I was mulling ideas for mod challenges. I had decided that he would have have to make a sign on his car that said "Isn't this monthly payment a beauty!" and have his army buddies pose with it. That, or he could send me a picture of his package.

Questions for you:

1. I hope you have had the opportunity to read the thread. Has he been 100% honest, or are there items that you would like to amend or clarify?

2. How much does your underwear cost?

3. Would you be OK with any degree of gay for pay?

porkypocky
Feb 11, 2009

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Hi girlfriend!

You made tuyop's life considerably easier by posting here. I was afraid he ran off with my money and I was mulling ideas for mod challenges. I had decided that he would have have to make a sign on his car that said "Isn't this monthly payment a beauty!" and have his army buddies pose with it. That, or he could send me a picture of his package.

Questions for you:

1. I hope you have had the opportunity to read the thread. Has he been 100% honest, or are there items that you would like to amend or clarify?

2. How much does your underwear cost?

3. Would you be OK with any degree of gay for pay?

4. How the heck are you okay with him not changing his underwear for three days? Balls do NOT smell that good.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

5. Are you as financially stupid as he is or are our fears of you splurging with a pay rise and digging your own hole financially completely unfounded?

6. Do you enable his elitist view of entitlement for premium purchases / are you just as bad yourself, or is he alone in this (eg: would you eat frozen veges)?

Badger Pudding
Jan 11, 2007

My naturally quivering state makes any display of fear deliciously arbitrary.
7. How much does he really spend on cigarettes a month?

8. Does this scenario ever crop up:
:j:"Oh tuyop, it's so big!"
:smuggo:"No-jokes."

RealEdit: You guys should probably also know, I'm the ex-girlfriend. We used to live together and somewhat share finances, and he actually used to be really good with money. I'm only saying this because I think that it's proof that he is actually capable of not being a budgeting monster. I've just neglected from saying something because I wasn't sure if he wanted his privacy or whatever, but now that ToeShoes girlfriend is involved I've decided I don't care his privacy is moot his package is too large more fuel for the flame is a good thing.

Badger Pudding fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 15, 2011

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Badger Pudding posted:

You guys should probably also know, I'm the ex-girlfriend.

Oh now THIS thread just got a whole lot more interesting. :munch:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Holy poo poo this got epic.

Poor Tuyop. I keep the internet at arms-length most of the time, but it's all up in his biz-natch now.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Are we being trolled?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I'm not calling bullshit yet, but the timing of it all is just too good.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Badger Pudding posted:

I my head, it always sounds like

:j:"Oh tuyop, it's so big! :v:"
:suicide:"No-jokes. :("

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Badger Pudding posted:

7. How much does he really spend on cigarettes a month?

RealEdit: You guys should probably also know, I'm the ex-girlfriend. We used to live together and somewhat share finances, and he actually used to be really good with money. I'm only saying this because I think that it's proof that he is actually capable of not being a budgeting monster. I've just neglected from saying something because I wasn't sure if he wanted his privacy or whatever, but now that ToeShoes girlfriend is involved I've decided I don't care his privacy is moot his package is too large more fuel for the flame is a good thing.

What does it mean to somewhat share finances?

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Shared checking account for Magnum XXL purchases

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Badger Pudding posted:

RealEdit: You guys should probably also know, I'm the ex-girlfriend.
As a less biased source, do you agree that it is no-jokes large?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Vomik posted:

Shared checking account for Magnum XXL purchases

I'm going to take this dong chat full circle back into financial territory.

Tuyop I am fittin' to save you so much paper on your no-jokes large condom bills: the cheapest place to buy the XLs is Bed Bath and Beyond. Counterintuitive for sure, isn't that straight out of left field, you would think like maybe Wal-Mart but nope.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Taima posted:

I'm going to take this dong chat full circle back into financial territory.

Tuyop I am fittin' to save you so much paper on your no-jokes large condom bills: the cheapest place to buy the XLs is Bed Bath and Beyond. Counterintuitive for sure, isn't that straight out of left field, you would think like maybe Wal-Mart but nope.

WTF? Do you make them yourself out of shower curtains or something?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
They have a pretty decent selection of toiletries, including condoms.

The Swinemaster
Dec 28, 2005

Zeta Taskforce posted:

WTF? Do you make them yourself out of shower curtains or something?

shower cap for the mushroom cap.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I bet Tuyop can get condoms for free on-base. Actually he lives in Canada, land of free health care, so surely condoms are just free for everyone?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Lol you guys think I wear condoms.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

tuyop posted:

:unsmith:

Zaurg? Zaurgh who? This is tuyop's house now.

Badger Pudding
Jan 11, 2007

Nope, no trolling. Just good old fashioned internet humiliation.

Zeta Taskforce posted:

We used to share money on things like food but we'd pay our own rent individually.

Nam Taf posted:

As a less biased source, do you agree that it is no-jokes large?

No-jokes, guys. :colbert:

tuyop posted:

Fonzie says condoms are for suckers.

Badger Pudding fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 15, 2011

ToeShoes
Sep 8, 2011

"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"
1. I've read like, the last half of the thread and the OP. I'm not really sure how much money he spends on things. He orders a lot of weird stuff on the internet and it just arrives here and he gets really excited about it.

2. 3 pairs are $18.

3. I'm ok with that for sure.

4. He doesn't wear underwear most days.

5. I'm not sure, I've never had that much money before but I don't think I'll just go spending crazy.

6. I like how he spends money on nice things! We eat really well but I would eat frozen vegetables.

7. Uh... no idea, he mostly takes mine.

8. I guess so... in a way.

RheaConfused
Jan 22, 2004

I feel the need.
The need... for
:sparkles: :sparkles:
ToeShoes, what do you think about the arrival of an ex girlfriend in this thread?

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

ToeShoes posted:

He orders a lot of weird stuff on the internet and it just arrives here and he gets really excited about it.

I want to know more about this :allears:

Badger Pudding
Jan 11, 2007

RheaConfused posted:

ToeShoes, what do you think about the arrival of an ex girlfriend in this thread?

I'm arriving on her couch next weekend so I think you might be sorely disappointed by the lack of drama that isn't going to happen.

RheaConfused
Jan 22, 2004

I feel the need.
The need... for

Badger Pudding posted:

I'm arriving on her couch next weekend so I think you might be sorely disappointed by the lack of drama that isn't going to happen.

I'm not hoping for drama, you're the one talking about "more fuel for the flame." :rolleyes:

I was just curious.

Also, lack of drama that isn't going to happen implies that drama is going to happen. :iiam:

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

ToeShoes posted:

4. He doesn't wear underwear most days.

tuyop, you have some explaining to do. Why so much :10bux: on an article of clothing that you hardly ever wear?

RheaConfused posted:

Also, lack of drama that isn't going to happen implies that drama is going to happen. :iiam:

Where are you going with this? They obviously know each other in real life and must be pretty good friends to be overnight guests at each others houses. I highly doubt this is going to devolve into some type of cat fight.

Zeta Taskforce fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 16, 2011

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

ToeShoes posted:

6. I like how he spends money on nice things! We eat really well but I would eat frozen vegetables.

Clarification: he spends other peoples' money on nice things. That's why he's in debt.

Also, how's the internet purchases budgeted, tuyop?

RheaConfused
Jan 22, 2004

I feel the need.
The need... for

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Where are you going with this? They obviously know each other in real life and must be pretty good friends to be overnight guests at each others houses. I highly doubt this is going to devolve into some type of cat fight.

I was just pointing out that she used a double negative, saying the opposite of what she wanted to.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Nam Taf posted:

Clarification: he spends other peoples' money on nice things. That's why he's in debt.

Also, how's the internet purchases budgeted, tuyop?

Well it's just because I can buy things that I'd buy normally (budgeted) through the Internet. Like boots and underwear.

ToeShoes
Sep 8, 2011

RheaConfused posted:

It's not something I'm worried about, I like her.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

ToeShoes posted:

2. 3 pairs are $18.

No, they aren't. Underarmor are drat expensive underwear. Each pair is $18.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

Chin Strap posted:

No, they aren't. Underarmor are drat expensive underwear. Each pair is $18.

They asked her how much she spent on her underwear.

asmallrabbit
Dec 15, 2005
What are your plans for your pay increase ToeShoes? Staying at the same place? Savings account? RRSP/TFSA? etc etc

ToeShoes
Sep 8, 2011

First I'm going to pay my CC debt. I don't have big plans for the money right now, I sort of plan to talk to someone at the bank about some sort of savings plan. I would like to have a car. I don't really have any solid ideas though, besides the debt thing.

asmallrabbit
Dec 15, 2005

ToeShoes posted:

First I'm going to pay my CC debt. I don't have big plans for the money right now, I sort of plan to talk to someone at the bank about some sort of savings plan. I would like to have a car. I don't really have any solid ideas though, besides the debt thing.

The dangerous stage of having more money and not knowing what to do with it :P

What do your income and expenses look like now? Do you have any savings or an emergency fund? When you say you want to talk to someone at the bank about savings plan do you mean retirement accounts or just somewhere to keep your money short/mid-term?

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

ToeShoes posted:

He orders a lot of weird stuff on the internet and it just arrives here and he gets really excited about it.

Nibiru posted:

I want to know more about this :allears:

ToeShoes, I think this question was directed more at you.

Of course tuyop gave his standard answer that his boots and underwear have been budgeted for.

I am still waiting on a good explanation of why someone who goes commando needs expensive underwear.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

ToeShoes posted:

Dave Ramsey is a financial guy who has a talk radio show where he gives advice on money matters. I like him an awful lot and his advice is very straightforward. Since you're getting some more money coming in the best thing you can do is to put that into a plain old savings account for now. Make sure your regular bills are being paid and then you can start to figure out what you want to do with the money. There's no rush and Dave's good advice is "never invest in something you don't understand". The folks here in BFC are a treasure trove of knowledge about stocks and mutual funds and all kinds of investment opportunities but until you feel comfortable with what you're doing, just pile up the money.

You can get a free podcast here. I'd recommend giving him a listen at least once. He's also got a plan that he promotes called the Total Money Makeover. It has several decent ideas on how to get yourself moving forward towards getting out of debt and saving up for things you want to do in life. I think he does a good job explaining a lot of the excellent advice that appears in this thread and forum.

Congrats on the new job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

He said earlier that he goes commando while wearing the same pair of jeans for several days in a row, but wears underwear for when he's working out/running/doing military stuff.

I still think that's gross (imagine the nasty rear end-streaks that build up inside his jeans, ugh) but whatever, if he doesn't mind and neither does his girlfriend, who cares.

• Locked thread