Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

thepokey posted:

It's the largest mammal on Earth, but as George says, they don't have to be!

The sea was angry that day my friends. Like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Supreme Allah posted:

I think we've proven who the psycho is.
From disorder, you're a quirk or two away from full-on dementia!

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
Woof woof not bang bang.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

thepokey posted:

mammal

Whatever.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

fenix down posted:

From disorder, you're a quirk or two away from full-on dementia!

I wish I could shrink myself down into a tiny submarine, like in fantastic voyage, then I could really be sure.

...but if i DID find something it might be pretty scary...

... of course I would have that laser...

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Chexoid posted:

I wish I could shrink myself down into a tiny submarine, like in fantastic voyage, then I could really be sure.

...but if i DID find something it might be pretty scary...

... of course I would have that laser...

Is it lupus?

Huge Liability
Mar 2, 2010
He traveled the world seeking a cure...

Invis
Apr 26, 2010
... from Milan to Minsk!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

OnlyJuanMon posted:

Season 6, episode 2 "The Glasses".

Woman of the week is Skyler from Breaking Bad. :stare:

And Brian Cranston was in 2 or 3 episodes as Dr.Whatley...maybe they met there and decided to marry and form new identities and moved to New Mexico?

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Forgot to fix the frame delay, but I like it better this way.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Oh, Lainey. :allears:

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Bagarthach posted:

She does a face like that at Jerry in the Van B Boys.

ELAINE: So, get this: Mister Peterman is finally letting me do some real writing. He's got this book deal, for his autobiography. He's gonna let me ghost write it.

JERRY: Wow. That's great! When it comes out, I'll have to get someone to ghost read it.

:hyuk face:

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
The Non-Fat Yogurt is on. This is one I don't see that often for some reason.

I wonder if it's all the bleeps.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bagarthach posted:

She's FOAMING at the MOUTH!

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
George at the end of The Stock Tip is pretty great. Finally, for once he can be generous :unsmith:... until he takes the dollar back from the waitress :v:.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
GIF REQUEST: Jerry in cowboy boots futilely trying to run away from some ruffians THANK YOU

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I want this. I want it so bad.

Speaking of, whatever happened to getting a 'Van Buren Boys' gangtag?

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 16, 2011

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

jojoinnit posted:

I want this. I want it so bad.

Speaking of, whatever happened to getting a 'Van Buren Boys' gangtag?

I think they got rid of gangtags a while back. I seem to remember Season 3 of MadMen being the last time people got those.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

potee posted:

Like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.

I had a dream last night that a hamburger was eating me!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Afro posted:

George at the end of The Stock Tip is pretty great. Finally, for once he can be generous :unsmith:... until he takes the dollar back from the waitress :v:.

I like how he literally has to pry it from her hands.

"Its a Hyundai!"

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

It's so weird when I hear someone say they've never seen an episode of Seinfeld. No one at my university knows about it. No one. Canada is so lame.

Of course, the upside of that is that every time I make a Seinfeld joke, people think I came up with it myself. It's like living with cavemen and having a zippo.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Chexoid posted:

It's so weird when I hear someone say they've never seen an episode of Seinfeld. No one at my university knows about it. No one. Canada is so lame.
This isn't a Canada problem, it's a "whatever backwoods hickburg you live in" problem.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Chexoid posted:

Of course, the upside of that is that every time I make a Seinfeld joke, people think I came up with it myself. It's like living with cavemen and having a zippo.

Canada is awesome, wherever you're from is lame.

Seinfeld literally plays 24/7 in reruns here as well.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

LesterGroans posted:

Canada is awesome, wherever you're from is lame.

Calm down pal, we're just playing a game here.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Chexoid posted:

Calm down pal, we're just playing a game here.

Canada is game to you? How about I take your little board and SMASH IT!!! :argh:

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Chexoid posted:

They're just screwing with you. Or you live on Baffin Island.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

neoboman posted:

Canada is game to you? How about I take your little board and SMASH IT!!! :argh:
I think it's time to put the hurt on Alberta

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
I'm sorry, the card says "Moops"

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

She's like a beautiful Godzilla.

And I'm thousands of fleeing Japanese.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
So, I was flipping through my English textbook today, and I discovered a chapter about Seinfeld, all about it, including a transcript of The Pitch, which is followed by critical thinking questions, like "Discuss Kramer's assertion that people "want to watch freaks." Do you think this line could be used to sum up accurately audience responses to Seinfeld?"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Coffee And Pie posted:

So, I was flipping through my English textbook today, and I discovered a chapter about Seinfeld, all about it, including a transcript of The Pitch, which is followed by critical thinking questions, like "Discuss Kramer's assertion that people "want to watch freaks." Do you think this line could be used to sum up accurately audience responses to Seinfeld?"

That's freaking awesome.

I wouldn't say that "people want to watch freaks" explains the show's success, it would be something closer to "People want to watch themselves." Watching Seinfeld isn't like gawking and laughing at the members of a carnival sideshow, rather, it is like watching one's own reflection contorted in a funhouse mirror. Seinfeld amplifies the kinds of personality traits and behaviors that humans come across in their own day-to-day lives for comic effect. Additionally, and most importantly, the show isn't afraid to have its protagonists act on the worst possible impulses of human emotion, the kind of behavior which the average viewer rejects in the course of their life due to the constructs of the society around them. By honing in on the minutiae of human behavior and raising them to absurd levels Seinfeld makes us laugh while plumbing deeper truths of social interaction, and through its pop culture examination of the darker side of the human persona manages to resonate on a more intimate level with the viewer.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

That's freaking awesome.

I wouldn't say that "people want to watch freaks" explains the show's success, it would be something closer to "People want to watch themselves." Watching Seinfeld isn't like gawking and laughing at the members of a carnival sideshow, rather, it is like watching one's own reflection contorted in a funhouse mirror. Seinfeld amplifies the kinds of personality traits and behaviors that humans come across in their own day-to-day lives for comic effect. Additionally, and most importantly, the show isn't afraid to have its protagonists act on the worst possible impulses of human emotion, the kind of behavior which the average viewer rejects in the course of their life due to the constructs of the society around them. By honing in on the minutiae of human behavior and raising them to absurd levels Seinfeld makes us laugh while plumbing deeper truths of social interaction, and through its pop culture examination of the darker side of the human persona manages to resonate on a more intimate level with the viewer.

....which of course lead to Billy Mumphrey's downfall.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
Can anyone find me the clip where Elaine walks in with her comic of a Pig at a Complaint Department? Where Jerry and Kramer give their own ideas. I can't seem to find it on youtube.

My girlfriend tells the worst jokes and I'm always reminded of Jerry saying, "I get it" and she shoots back with, "DO YOU?!"

Edit- Nevermind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY-h3spBAgI

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

kolby posted:

Can anyone find me the clip where Elaine walks in with her comic of a Pig at a Complaint Department? Where Jerry and Kramer give their own ideas. I can't seem to find it on youtube.

"...My wife is a slut?"

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

kolby posted:

My girlfriend tells the worst jokes and I'm always reminded of Jerry saying, "I get it" and she shoots back with, "DO YOU?!"

Everything with you has to be so... jokey

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

This is the best Seinfeld clip on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-21BuYfjAvA

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

kolby posted:

Edit- Nevermind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY-h3spBAgI

"I stay up all night, I fix myself up before I go out."

Love it.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni15468039/

quote:

Actress Frances Bay, who you know from Happy Gilmore, Seinfeld, Happy Days, and Blue Velvet, passed away on Thursday in her home in Los Angeles.

Do you know I got mugged for a marble rye, right on the street? :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Rest in peace, you old bag.