Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

JamMaster Flash posted:

Comedy Bang Bangsometimes its really funny, sometimes not. Last one I listened to was the Harris Wittels, Adam Scott, Chelsea Pereti one and I thought it was awful...though it seemed a lot of yall liked it...guess I had trouble appreciating the "improv" in that one.

This just reminded me: Is Chelsea Pereti's bit just being unfunny or something? I mean, Adam and Harris had me rolling with their dumb bit, and Adam is a master of deadpan, but Chelsea just didn't even seem to be trying. Like she wasn't expecting to be asked to do anything on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soru
Apr 27, 2003

The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life.
The CBB with Adam Scott and Harris Wittels was objectively amazing.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

RustyTrombone posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3434323&pagenumber=1#post395502751

Looks like there's gonna be a podcast forum fairly soon! It will be great to break up this thread a little. I've already prepared a UYD thread.
Learning that one is done hearing about Joe Rogan is a great way to kick off the weekend.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cromulent posted:

What the gently caress is with Redban trying to change the subject to Mr Hands during this? The guy loving lacks all social skills.

Joe: Brian, skip ahead like a minute, we gotta hear this part at the end...
Redban: Hey did you ever see the Mrs Hands video? It's even worse than Mr Hands.

He does that all the time, whenever Joe talks to Brian directly, he completely ignores what Joe says and just uses it as an opportunity to talk about whatever he was thinking about instead of actually participating and listening to the conversation.

I really wish Rogan would do the podcast without Brian once in while. He treats it like the Brian & Joe show when he's really just there to handle the equipment and I don't think he realizes no one gives a poo poo about his stupid rear end interjections.

e: interjections, not injections. :argh: cellphone auto-correct!

bango skank fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Sep 17, 2011

Leo
Oct 25, 2005

bango skank posted:

I really wish Rogan would do the podcast without Brian once in while. He treats it like the Brian & Joe show when he's really just there to handle the equipment and I don't think he realizes no one gives a poo poo about his stupid rear end injections.

On the latest episode Joe made another comment about Brian's personality being an act. Is Brian the same way on the Deathsquad podcasts? I think I remember him being a lot more bearable on The Skeptic Tank.

urbster1
Apr 13, 2005

y⊙U aRE b⊙RING

ElCondemn posted:

My god I'm on episode 5 of the Todd Glass podcast and from the start it's making me crack up. It starts with him being absurd and then he goes into "you're already smiling" and it makes me crack up. People walking past me on the street were giving me looks because of my reaction. Then Peppitone starts talking and he starts playing some "bedding" music. So loving funny... everyone who likes silly comedy NEEDS to listen to this.
Eddie Pepitone has been my favorite guest so far and I think that episode has been the best yet, even with Rory back on this week. I am looking more and more forward to Todd's toddcast over the other ones lately! I like that he's not afraid to bail on bits that aren't working, and the absurdity of repeatedly doing something over and over and over, until it's not funny, until it is funny. Ah, good times. PS.. "betting" music, not "bedding"!

urbster1 fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 16, 2011

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Leo posted:

On the latest episode Joe made another comment about Brian's personality being an act. Is Brian the same way on the Deathsquad podcasts? I think I remember him being a lot more bearable on The Skeptic Tank.

Joe did a podcast with Michael Schiavello without Brian.

widunder
May 2, 2002

-Atom- posted:

Joe did a podcast with Michael Schiavello without Brian.
it had Michael Schiavello though

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

nemoulette posted:

it had Michael Schiavello though

I thought it was pretty good!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hey did anyone ever see the Mrs. Hands video? It's even worse than Mr. Hands.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Redban is worse than Hitler in every conceivable way

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
At least Hitler doesn't poo poo up an awesome podcast.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

I totally understand all the Redban hate but I will admit he does (sometimes) have his moments. I suspect that he's at least partly an act on Rogan's show. I started listening to the "Your Mom's House" episode of the Deathsquad podcast (Tom Segura and Christina Pazsitsky) and I think it's pretty drat funny. Brian's personality seems to work way better on his own show...I'll definitely keep it on the radar.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Speaking of Joe Rogan and Redban and whatnot, how loving lame is their network name?

Deathsquad? Really? Reallly? What are you, 12?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Slotducks posted:

Speaking of Joe Rogan and Redban and whatnot, how loving lame is their network name?

I think a club owner or something called Rogan and the group he was travelling with (Redban, Diaz, etc) on the comedy circuit the death squad at one time, so they just kept that name.

But yes, its still lame.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Slotducks posted:

It's stupid as hell, but to be fair, it's supposed to be ironic.

As far as Redban being an "act," I think his inappropriate interjections are what he considers an act. As far as not speaking clearly, pronouncing world as "rurald", always saying "andstufflikethat" at the end of every sentence, and completely lacking empathy, I'm pretty sure that's just who he is.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Can someone post an explanation of what the different DeathSquad podcasts are? The episode descriptions don't really say much.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

SKULE123 posted:

Can someone post an explanation of what the different DeathSquad podcasts are? The episode descriptions don't really say much.

I think its just different groups of people (and Redban, always Redban) talking about whatever.

All I really know is Skeptic Tank is him and Ari and a guest talking about one topic the whole time. I don't listen to any of the others because I can only take so much of Redban.

Leo
Oct 25, 2005

Combo posted:

I think its just different groups of people (and Redban, always Redban) talking about whatever.

All I really know is Skeptic Tank is him and Ari and a guest talking about one topic the whole time. I don't listen to any of the others because I can only take so much of Redban.

Ari is going solo with his podcast, thankfully. I think they just did their last deathsquad one recently.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Leo posted:

Try listening to Piecast. He is so creepy on that one. SO very creepy.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Combo posted:

I think a club owner or something called Rogan and the group he was travelling with (Redban, Diaz, etc) on the comedy circuit the death squad at one time, so they just kept that name.

But yes, its still lame.

Close, but Opie from Opie and Anthony said that when Joe came in with some huge guy (Teeb? Tate?) and some other fellow.

It just stuck I guess.

Also you need to keep in mind that Redban is like 36. He's a loving man child to the nth degree.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW
The DeathSquad is Rogan, Redban,Diaz, and Tate Fletcher who is a training partner and bodyguard of Rogan. Also a TUF contestant and one time WEC fighter.

Ad the story above is correct. As well as the thing about Redban. Lately his inability to compose a proper sentence has been excruciating to listen to. How was he graduated beyond grade-school?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Hey, uh, are the Live Bumbershhot episodes of CBB not available anymore? The link here and on FB is broken, and it doesn't seem to be in the store.:(

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

http://store.earwolf.com/collections/featured/products/comedy-bang-bang-the-podcast-live-from-bumbershoot-2011

Give that one a shot.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

YES! Thank you!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

So sad that the Bugle is on hiatus again this week, I'm curious to hear about John Oliver's trip to Portland. (Heckles included a Ceaucescu remark and naming an obscure footballer.)

On the other hand, the interim Bugle includes a continuation of their reunion show at the Edinburgh Comedy Festival. This bit is cracking with (I think) Chris Addison making a brief appearance as the VOICE OF GOD.

cioxx
Jul 14, 2001

Brian Redban is just as much of a manchild and socially retarded as Jason Auer. I do like the fact that Joe Rogan doesn't drop the hammer on people who poo poo on Redban on his forums all day. It's a very hands off approach.

The sad thing about Redban is that he's almost pushing 40. I think some of his interruptions would have been funny if this was a teenager just loving around.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

cioxx posted:

The sad thing about Redban is that he's almost pushing 40. I think some of his interruptions would have been funny if this was a teenager just loving around.

I wonder of he realizes the clock is ticking and one day he won't be as vital to the enterprise as he is now. I mean, essentially he's only on board because he has rudimentary knowledge of how sound and video recording works. Once everyone realizes how easy it is (or the progression of the technology makes it easier) he'll just be some annoying idiot running around LA. Is his stand up any good? They talk about how he does stand up but I've never seen or heard any evidence of it. He's like a guy that knew basic HTML in 1994 when everyone wanted an online web page on the computer internet network.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

soru posted:

The CBB with Adam Scott and Harris Wittels was objectively amazing.

Agree 100%. The part when they talked about calling 911 at the same time was one of my favorite podcast moments ever.

I finally settled down and began Uhh Yeah Dude, three episodes in and loving it. Also, whenever We Hate Movies! goes after James Belushi you know good times are here.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

urbster1 posted:

Eddie Pepitone has been my favorite guest so far and I think that episode has been the best yet, even with Rory back on this week. I am looking more and more forward to Todd's toddcast over the other ones lately! I like that he's not afraid to bail on bits that aren't working, and the absurdity of repeatedly doing something over and over and over, until it's not funny, until it is funny. Ah, good times. PS.. "betting" music, not "bedding"!

I agree, I'm glad that they just bail on bits but then start another one seconds later. The best thing so far is the drat horn, I just love it all.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

I wonder of he realizes the clock is ticking and one day he won't be as vital to the enterprise as he is now. I mean, essentially he's only on board because he has rudimentary knowledge of how sound and video recording works. Once everyone realizes how easy it is (or the progression of the technology makes it easier) he'll just be some annoying idiot running around LA. Is his stand up any good? They talk about how he does stand up but I've never seen or heard any evidence of it. He's like a guy that knew basic HTML in 1994 when everyone wanted an online web page on the computer internet network.

It's not like he's a nuisance that Rogan has to keep around because he doesn't know how to press record in a program. While the listeners hate redban, Joe doesn't. They're friends.

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

Is his stand up any good? They talk about how he does stand up but I've never seen or heard any evidence of it.

I saw him at the Hollywood Improv about a month ago and he was surprisingly good in my opinion. He didn't have much competition because it was basically a "No name comedian" night, but he held his own.

He actually enunciated his words on stage, so I don't know why it sounds like English is a second language to him on the Joe Rogan podcast.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

RustyTrombone posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3434323&pagenumber=1#post395502751

Looks like there's gonna be a podcast forum fairly soon! It will be great to break up this thread a little. I've already prepared a UYD thread.

Thank god. This has pretty much become the Joe Rogan thread.

I'm looking forward to getting outside of the "listens to comedy podcasts" and "Loves MMA" Venn diagram intersection.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

New CBB is up super early featuring funniest woman in the world, Amy Poehler!

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

New CBB is up super early featuring funniest woman in the world, Amy Poehler!

With the return of the freestyle rap segment!

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

NotWearingPants posted:

Thank god. This has pretty much become the Joe Rogan thread.

I'm looking forward to getting outside of the "listens to comedy podcasts" and "Loves MMA" Venn diagram intersection.

Man I thought you would never mention Rogan again but you just can't help yourself. I'm looking forward to not having to see your lovely posts as I'm sure others are as well.

Wise Old Shitashi
Nov 5, 2003

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

Tears. Tears in my goddamn eyes.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

This was definitely my favorite rap battle ever.

I was opening for Dana Glovers and uhhh Childish Bambinos.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Hello fellows. I have been quiet of the podcast scene as of late because I was working slavishly on the live show that I did last week.

I edited a video of the show together.
Lou Reads Live @ the PIT NYC
The theater was pleased with the show so I'll probably doing another show in the Spring.

In the meantime I also got hired to record VO for some Rugby.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGvvQKawXYQ

Now I can get back to recording the podcast! I should have another episode up this week!

King Lou fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Lisa Lapenelli is on WTF this week. Has anyone listened to it yet because I am kind of scared.

• Locked thread