Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I have become absolutely obsessed with Spotify - it is absolutely amazing. I am tempted to upgrade to one of the unlimited packages and stop paying for Sirius online, it's about the same a month. Or, it will be when they hike the Sirius prices up. Now, it's about a dollar or two difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

(retirement chat)

Do you think Howard will still dress like a rad teenage sk8r dude at high profile social events once he retires? Or will he calm down, stop dying his hair, stop starving himself and grow a little flabby as is appropriate for a man his age.

Also, once Howard retires how long before Ralph's dead body is found floating face down in one of Sam Simon's pools?

Sal Goobernale's post-Stern career will resemble that of a less successful Bob Levy.

JD, Jason, Will, Ritchie and all the Howard TV guys will be fine - they'll all land low profile jobs in the industry.

Tatatoothy has enough connections in in the biz to get him a gig producing some dreadful third-tier talk show/reality TV show.

I can't imagine what Scott the engineer will do at the end of the show. Hopefully he'll die of a stroke or heart attack and save his family the burden.

Ronnie will become a full time strip club promoter - probably sink all his money into one and go broke once it fails.

Robin will blow all her money on yachts and homes and race-cars until she will be broke and hawking miracle life enhancing magnets on late night infomercials

John Hein will eventually be arrested and locked away for life once all the barrels of decomposing children are discovered in his cellar.

Fred will never be heard from again.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
No way in hell Howard starts dressing like a real person. He'll be 95 year old Larry King wearing Ed Hardy.

How many cats do you think he'll end up with? Three is the tipping point. Howard Stern: Animal Activist is really starting to get obnoxious. Who gives a poo poo if they dropped their dead mother's cat off at a kill shelter? They didn't want a cat. Maybe they couldn't afford a cat.

I thought that Ralph had moved onto sponging off of Sam Simon mainly instead of Howard. He barely even calls in anymore since the incident at the New Years party that wasn't ever really explained.

I think JD will probably end up being a 900 pound shut in. That job seems like the only reason he leaves his apartment.

Spacemonkey57 fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Sep 16, 2011

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

HORRIFYING THOUGHT: It took me this long to realize this now that that Richard is married. What are we gonna do when the pregnancy is announced :ohdear:

I loving love you, Richard :h:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I was a little shocked at that when the caller said his mom died and Howard told his Dad to man up and handle the situation.

Maybe seeing her dog that if it is anything like a married woman's dog, hates the husband he didn't want a constant reminder of his wife being around.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

AltronHGX posted:

HORRIFYING THOUGHT: It took me this long to realize this now that that Richard is married. What are we gonna do when the pregnancy is announced :ohdear:

I loving love you, Richard :h:

Richard, this is your dad. I wanted to tell you that our cow Cowie had a calf today and it didn't survive, I hope you have better luck with your baby.

Talk with you later.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Richards kid will grow up listening to death metal, watching horror movies, making crank calls, and spending Christmas in a hotel where elves tuck you in.

Best. Dad. Ever.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Howard shits all over Richard's drumming because he knows its the one thing that Richard does really well and it could be the thing that makes him quit the show.

I think it's more 'Richard will become a success in his own right, and it'll be another person that came from me that went on to better things, and I won't be given sole credit for it.' Howard would be much better off if he kept in touch with people he hired that went onto better things. gently caress, look at Sid Caesar: he kicked the poo poo out of Mel Brooks while he employed him, and Brooks gave him a few roles when he made it big. It's a give/take that Howard doesn't seem or want to understand.

Crotch Bat posted:

Eh, that's more Sal. Richard will be sad but he does have a wife now and his band so he'll probably be fine.

He'll be classy as always and go onto whatever he wants to do, all while keeping humble. In short, he's someone who might help Howard despite Howard's inability to accept other people getting a career on their own.

lynch_69 posted:

(retirement chat)

Do you think Howard will still dress like a rad teenage sk8r dude at high profile social events once he retires? Or will he calm down, stop dying his hair, stop starving himself and grow a little flabby as is appropriate for a man his age.

Also, once Howard retires how long before Ralph's dead body is found floating face down in one of Sam Simon's pools?

Sal Goobernale's post-Stern career will resemble that of a less successful Bob Levy.

JD, Jason, Will, Ritchie and all the Howard TV guys will be fine - they'll all land low profile jobs in the industry.

Tatatoothy has enough connections in in the biz to get him a gig producing some dreadful third-tier talk show/reality TV show.

I can't imagine what Scott the engineer will do at the end of the show. Hopefully he'll die of a stroke or heart attack and save his family the burden.

Ronnie will become a full time strip club promoter - probably sink all his money into one and go broke once it fails.

Robin will blow all her money on yachts and homes and race-cars until she will be broke and hawking miracle life enhancing magnets on late night infomercials

John Hein will eventually be arrested and locked away for life once all the barrels of decomposing children are discovered in his cellar.

Nah...

Howard will flip out when he finds out how many people Beth is loving behind his back, and for how long. The only fame he'll get is when he somehow gets a late night show on Fox, only to trip and have his wig fly off like it was shot out of a cannon.

Robin will be taken to the cleaners by a variety of con artists, leaving her broke. She'll be found years later in her 90s taking a poo poo in a bush in Central Park before someone realizes that bald woman is really Stern's lost sidekick.

Fred will end his life being the ruler of some banana republic, gunned down by several airships while in his general's hat, a pair of boxers, and a bottle of tequila.

Baba Booey will be the producer on the Montel Williams show....which is basically a glorified infomercial.

Sal will try to kill his wife, then be arrested for stealing credit card numbers from his new Comcast tech support job and crying in his car each and every day he can't pull the trigger.

Richard will be fine, warping his many children, making his riches with Crank Yankers 2029.

Scott the Engineer will go broke supporting conservative causes. Then will die of a heart attack when the Rush Limbaugh/Dominican Boys sex tape comes out.

Spacemonkey57 posted:

No way in hell Howard starts dressing like a real person. He'll be 95 year old Larry King wearing Ed Hardy.

How many cats do you think he'll end up with? Three is the tipping point. Howard Stern: Animal Activist is really starting to get obnoxious. Who gives a poo poo if they dropped their dead mother's cat off at a kill shelter? They didn't want a cat. Maybe they couldn't afford a cat.

I thought that Ralph had moved onto sponging off of Sam Simon mainly instead of Howard. He barely even calls in anymore since the incident at the New Years party that wasn't ever really explained.

If there is a God, Howard will become a hoarder.

And Ralph's body will be found in that hoard, crushed by several years' worth of cat poo poo.

Bonzo posted:

Richards kid will grow up listening to death metal, watching horror movies, making crank calls, and spending Christmas in a hotel where elves tuck you in.

Best. Dad. Ever.

No matter what happens, his house will be the best Halloween House on the block. :)

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Scott the Engineer will go broke supporting conservative causes. Then will die of a heart attack when the Rush Limbaugh/Dominican Boys sex tape comes out.

You got your Scott's mixed up. Scott DePace is the nutty conservative. Scott The Engineer is the fat loser with the black cloud.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Has there ever been a man whose hair didn't go all grey in his 50's? Because I read the foregone conclusions (can't tell if it's just a meme or in-joke) that no man of Howard's age can have dark hair? He says he has some grey.

I'm lucky that I am about to turn 40 and I have some silver hairs, but you wouldn't notice unless you looked closely. Otherwise, I look like I still have the same brown hair I had in my teens.

It's not that I think I know that some people don't dye at his age, it's more that on my Mom's side, her younger brothers were totally grey at my age (actually, 10-15 years younger than I am now!) but more that the posts keep saying that it's simply impossible for an older guy to have dark hair.

I think my Mom's Dad never went grey (he died of cancer in his 50's), but one of her bros went full silver in his 30's, and the older one is still salt&pepper in his 60's.
On my Dad's side, thinning hair is prevalent. I'm looking at my hair and it's still very thick, no thinning anywhere, and the silver hairs are there but only noticeable if you get up close. They certainly don't show up in pictures. In pictures, I have a full, thick head of brown hair.

Is there any allegations from anyone outside of internet forums that Howard's hair is dyed?

I only ask because, of all the things to disparage him for (and wow there are so many) is his natural hair color that controversial?

Not a serious question, really. I don't care, I just can't tell who's being silly and who's accusing him of rampant hypocrisy over his dark hair.

Ok that is a lot of words, but of all the things to call Stern out on, is this one really worth it?

Dumb post, sorry.

Loved the Newleyweird game. Count me on the side that "Robin can't admit she is wrong" equals "Robin is an expert on everything."

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Sep 17, 2011

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice

lynch_69 posted:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Dr. Faustus posted:

:words:

People call him on it because he's so vehement that he never does anything to it. Him claiming to have some gray is him trying to convey that he might have to pluck a stray hair every once in awhile, not that he has patches of grey developing.

He doesn't get killed over it, it's the same kind of joke you'd make about a friend who claimed the same thing. "Oh yea, that's your natural color?" :rolleyes: that kind of thing.

And he's 57. Saying 50s in this sense tends to imply someone is just breaching the 50 mark but he's going to be 60 before you know it and I've never met a 60 year old with a full, thick head of jet black hair.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Sep 17, 2011

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Snark posted:

This is fantastic.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Snark posted:

Which movie?

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.

MrMidnight posted:

Which movie?

UHF.

Man, that gif is perfect.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

EngineerJoe posted:

You got your Scott's mixed up. Scott DePace is the nutty conservative. Scott The Engineer is the fat loser with the black cloud.

Ah, poo poo. My mistake.

Snark posted:

Yes! And a few minutes previous, Fred airs Eric the Midget calling everybody a festering bowl of dog snot.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/09/17/20110917washington-kara-kennedy-dies-ON.html

Er-a...are they live this week?

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
My dad is 61 and he is balding in front but still has quite a bit of black hair. I mean it isnt common but its not the dodo bird. Bodes well for me. :)

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

beergod posted:

My dad is 61 and he is balding in front but still has quite a bit of black hair. I mean it isnt common but its not the dodo bird. Bodes well for me. :)

NOOOOO

Howard is bald and wears a wig!

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

beergod posted:

I thought men get baldness from their mothers?

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Sizzlechest posted:

I thought men get baldness from their mothers?

I thought so too, but my moms father is bald and neither me or my brother are. Also, I know a guy who's father is bald and the guy is balding too.

Who knows how true that whole thing is.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
To be really blunt: kinda.

It's not specifically linked to your mom but they think it is an X-linked trait and so this recessive gene is more likely to be expressed in men. If you remember your high school science, women get the XX chromosome combo while men are the XY. So while women get a double dose of the X chromosome, men only get one and since your dad isn't passing it down it leaves you with a greater odd to have the recessive gene expressed. Women get the aforementioned double dose of X and so the odds are much more likely the dominant gene will appear and thus you have far less women experiencing pattern baldness.

I say kinda because it's no longer thought that you can specifically just look up your mom's family tree and determine what your hair will do when you're 50 but that the odds are greater if you have a history. Likewise, if you can look back a few generations and nobody went bald then you'll most likely be just fine.

That should more or less be the answer but it's been awhile since my genetics classes.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Sep 18, 2011

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Vakal posted:

I'm pretty sure Bobo will drive his car into the river the day that Howard retires.

Not that anyone will notice or care.

If only he would do that now. Also, I hope wolfie, wheels and captain janks are in the car with him.

These are the 4 callers that miraculously make it on the show almost every day to suck Howard off.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Glumwheels posted:

If only he would do that now. Also, I hope wolfie, wheels and captain janks are in the car with him.

These are the 4 callers that miraculously make it on the show almost every day to suck Howard off.

What about Eric from Hoboken and, what is it, Pittsburgh Pete?

Jesus, I ain't listened to the show regularly in two+ years and I still remember those fucks.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
meh, Wolfie is okay once in a while but the rest of them are loving worthless. Hanzi is better than all of those fuckwads, combined.

"NonoNONOnONONONONnonoNONNONOnOnonNO"

There's some stuff of his on youtube

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Glumwheels posted:

They can get annoying, but at least when they call in, they say something other than:

"Hey Howard, do you ever do _____ with Beth?"

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Wolfie goes to all the conventions and gets all that great audio, I like him! I roll over all the time when he starts asking guys in masks about living with their moms.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

AxeManiac posted:

Wolfie goes to all the conventions and gets all that great audio, I like him! I roll over all the time when he starts asking guys in masks about living with their moms.

Yeah, I don't really see how Wolfie fits in with those other lovely callers that just kiss Howard's rear end.

He actually provides hilarious content on his own free will.

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

chiz posted:

I thought so too, but my moms father is bald and neither me or my brother are. Also, I know a guy who's father is bald and the guy is balding too.

Who knows how true that whole thing is.

Well, if your grandfather is bald and your grandmother didn't pass the baldness gene on to your mom, you'd have a 50% chance of baldness. Baldness is recessive so that's one reason why so many women who have the gene aren't bald. I think it also requires testosterone, so even women with both genes may be safe (until menopause).

Another example: My mom's father was blue-eyed. My brother married a blond blue-eyed woman and their child has blue eyes. That means my brother inherited my grandfather's blue-eye gene. So, my nephew had a 50% chance of being blue-eyed.

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

I don't understand how Gary can leap to defend Howard's work ethic so fast like he did on the wrap-up show on the 14th. I'm 99% sure having a crazy work ethic includes showing up for 5 day work weeks and not taking tons of vacations.

edit: Well, I understand why, because he's been working for the man for decades. I just don't like how EVERYONE defended his work ethic especially LATELY.

I Brake For MILFs fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 18, 2011

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

lordblytzkrieg posted:

I don't understand how Gary can leap to defend Howard's work ethic so fast like he did on the wrap-up show on the 14th. I'm 99% sure having a crazy work ethic includes showing up for 5 day work weeks and not taking tons of vacations.

edit: Well, I understand why, because he's been working for the man for decades. I just don't like how EVERYONE defended his work ethic especially LATELY.

Howard does have a good work ethic, he put in his time and now he works a reduced schedule because he can, we was paid to work what he is currently working, vacations and 3 day weeks so he isn't "ripping off" anyone. He got a good deal and you had to only work 3 days a week and got paid the same, I doubt you would go to work for the heck of it.

Now the content of his show and his ambition, yeah, that went down, but it has been going down for awhile, the fire is gone, he doesn't need to hustle and so he doesn't, which is why you don't hear big bands making new songs or established actors doing much after they make it, people coast after they hit their peak in the entertainment world. You can't keep it up all the time.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
George instantly makes everything better.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

ChaosMonkey posted:

What about Eric from Hoboken and, what is it, Pittsburgh Pete?

Jesus, I ain't listened to the show regularly in two+ years and I still remember those fucks.

Mark in Boston is still contributing nothing and getting involved in every contest aside from World's Biggest Whore. You can't tell me they don't give suckasses the warm line number.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
I just wish they would pick up on ham hands bill more.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Vakal posted:

George instantly makes everything better.

Does this mean we only get George for three days?

Don't do this to me Howard.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

-Atom- posted:

Does this mean we only get George for three days?

Don't do this to me Howard.

Might be four. They did three days last week.

Not that that means anything.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 19, 2011

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I just wish they would pick up on ham hands bill more.

your buttcheeks was warm

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008
Facebook is telling me that ETM was on the show this morning.... anyone listen?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

Facebook is telling me that ETM was on the show this morning.... anyone listen?

9th anniversary of his debut. Probably nothing amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ericthebedhumper2#p/u/6/KDKr4RpRyQM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

9th anniversary of his debut. Probably nothing amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ericthebedhumper2#p/u/6/KDKr4RpRyQM

I disagree, its something amazing.

"I've got to comment quickly on this Eric thing because I've got Tony Bennett coming in."

We joke about Joan Rivers and Lisa Lampinelli, but Tony Bennett? Shame I wasnt carpooling with my grandpa this morning, he loves that guy.