Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

SteadfastMeat posted:

RAAAHHH! It's Friday!

1) Tell the keeper he's a pussy, award the goal.
2) As long as you're satisfied the cricket pitch isn't an injury risk, play on.
3) Play on, and report the assistant to the authorities after the game for being such a twat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

1. Tell the goalie to gently caress off. Red for being such a pussy.
2. Play the game, but if the players are slipping on the pitch and getting hurt, consider abandoning it.
3. Play on, but take the flag from the assistant and hit him with it.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
1) Play on
2) Play on, mention in match report.
3) Play on, mention in match report.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
1) Punch the Goalkeeper in the face
2) Punch the Groundskeeper in the face
3) Punch your linesman in the face

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
It's genuinely difficult this week. I don't know for sure on any of them.

1. I would imagine this would be allowed, but because these things are about the letter of the law, it's probably obstruction like shouting to put a player off can be.

2. I would say it couldn't go ahead as it's obstructing the pitch markings. The question specifically says it's going across one of the 6 yard boxes, so i'd imagine if any of the markings aren't clearly visible the game can't go ahead.

3. Possible "outside influence"? I know the ref doesn't count as this, but the lino shouldn't be on the pitch in this situation, so maybe he does? If so, restart with drop ball.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

1. Allow the goal, tell the keeper he should play to the whistle, not to what he reckons the rules are.
2. Call the match off. You can't have a loving strip of artificial turf on the pitch.
3. Play on. There's nothing you can do about your assistant being a klutz. Report it after the game and get him fired.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
1) play on. Call the keeper a oval office in the post match interview.
2) inspect it. If it seems safe play, if not abandon.
3) play on unless either the lino or defender seem likely to have a neck, back or head injury. Which is pretty unlikely. Mention in the report and ask both managers to score that lino badly in their report to the fa.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Masonity posted:

3) play on unless either the lino or defender seem likely to have a neck, back or head injury. Which is pretty unlikely. Mention in the report and ask both managers to score that lino badly in their report to the fa.

I don't think you can play on if the Lino is not in a position to do his job, can you?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Mickolution posted:

I don't think you can play on if the Lino is not in a position to do his job, can you?

If that was true they'd have to blow up every side Fatty McUnfit was 20 yards behind play. If he's injured replace him when the ball goes out or it becomes apparent he isn't getting up soon.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Masonity posted:

If that was true they'd have to blow up every side Fatty McUnfit was 20 yards behind play. If he's injured replace him when the ball goes out or it becomes apparent he isn't getting up soon.

True, but there's a difference between being behind the play and falling over. Again, I'm not saying that's what would happen, rather what the rulebook or directives might say.

Sonic H
Dec 8, 2004

Me love you long time
1) Goal. Tell the keeper to stop being a wanker. Book him to make a point.

2) Check the lines. If they're visible, then allow play as long at it doesn't seem dangerous. If they're likely to rub off or the pitch seems dangerous, abandon the game. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a rule stating something like "the pitch needs to be a continuous area of grass" which means that the pitch is unplayable.

3) Stop play with a Drop Ball. It wasn't deliberate, but it's an "Outside Influence" since the Lino shouldn't have been on the pitch. I think it's a bit harsh to punish him for being a bit clumsy, but having a quiet word about watching what he's doing wouldn't go amiss. It certainly needs to go into the match report.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
Wow, these are pretty good actually.

1. Goal, but remind both the taker and keeper on the principles of sportsmanlike conduct

2. As long as the markings are visible, it should be fine.

3. Drop ball.

Psybro
May 12, 2002

SteadfastMeat posted:

RAAAHHH! It's Friday!

1) I don't think there's anything preventing this from being a goal. However if the player made a habit of it I would expect him to receive a letter from the FA.

2) Since both sides will be equally impeded by said box as they will both have it in their goalmouth for half the game, if I deem it safe I would let the match continue. However, I'm not sure what the safety implications would be, it depends on the surface.

3) Officials are part of the playing equipment, play on but call your assistant a twat later.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
In the Barcelona game against Real Sociedad today, a Barca player handled the ball onto the crossbar, and it was headed in, a goal awarded and no further action taken against the defender. So I guess that settles that argument from a couple of weeks ago.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
RAAAHHH! It's FridayMonday

Keith Hackett's verdict

1) If you decide the noise was a deliberate attempt to distract the keeper, treat it as unsporting behaviour: show the taker a yellow card and restart with an indirect free-kick from the penalty mark. If not, award the goal. Professional goalkeepers should be well used to noise during penalties – so the offence would have to be obvious. Thanks to Jimmy McManners.

2) It is not up to the teams, it is up to you – and your decision must be based on safety. Only if you are happy that the artificial strip does not represent a danger to the players should you allow the game to go ahead. I remember refereeing in the US in the early 80s at the famous Wrigley Field, which had a flattened out pitching mound. It wasn't dangerous, so we went ahead. Thanks to Johannah Carroll.

3) You have two options. Going by the letter of the law you should play on: you and your assistants are considered part of the field of play, like a goalpost or corner flagpost – so if a player collides with you or an assistant, you play on. But there is also a chance to spare your assistant's blushes here: I would stop play to check both are unhurt, then restart with a dropped ball. Joshua Heppell wins the shirt.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

pik_d posted:

there is also a chance to spare your assistant's blushes

Thanks Keith, I didn't realise that covering up errors was more important than obeying rules!

Psybro
May 12, 2002

Scientastic posted:

Thanks Keith, I didn't realise that covering up errors was more important than obeying rules!

When did you last see a referee give a corner that was highly dubious and immediately blow up for a foul to the attacking team afterwards? It will probably happen this weekend or possibly even tonight. Classic officiating.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

:wtc: Rooney

1. Red card the sub, report to authorities
  2. Book the keeper, but give a free kick to his team for the offside?
  3. Yes, be a killjoy and send him off

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
For 2, is raising the flag the same as a break in play, and would it mean you can't give a card?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

1. Send the sub off, doubt a penalty could be given as he wasn't part of the game. Start with drop-ball.
2. Book both of them, but as the offside stopped play, that's the freekick.
3. Book the keeper (second yellow=red), don't think play would stop though, so wait until the ball is out of play. The reason I don't think it would stop is because in theory, anyone could do this at any time to stop play.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

I don't think you can send off the sub in 1). Trin mentioned a similar scenario when he wrote the original rules thread - the way the rules were re-written means DOGSO doesn't apply to a sub invading the pitch - he just gets a yellow.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

1. Definitely red card the sub. It's not about DOGSO, it's that it's grossly unsporting behaviour. It goes against the spirit of the game.
2. Yellow for the attacker for ignoring the whistle, red for the keeper for deliberately assaulting another player. Restart play with a free kick for offside.
3. Yes, card him. Send him off. A penalty's too much, on edited reflection, probably an indirect free kick inside the box would be more suitable. If the keeper is such a retard that he ignores a common and easily obeyed rule because he's a numpty, he deserves everything that's coming to him.

Psybro
May 12, 2002

JingleBells posted:

:wtc: Rooney

1) Red card to the sub, hilarious drop ball on the edge of the six yard box? Definite red because I'm sure both entering the pitch without permission, interfering with the play and unsporting conduct makes it at least two cumulative yellows.

2) Book the striker, book the keeper or send him off depending on the severity of his trip. The wording says 'aggressively' so it could probably be characterised as violent conduct. I would probably restart with the initial indirect free kick to the goalkeeper's team, although this may not be technically correct.

3) Play on and then go back to send him off when the ball is out of play.

Psybro fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Sep 16, 2011

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
1. Send off the sub for unsporting behavior with a straight red. Perhaps alone entering the pitch would only be a yellow, but entering and attempting to manipulate the game is unsporting. Restart with a penalty.

2. Yellow to striker for dissent, red to keeper for attacking a player. Restart with a free kick for the defending team for offside. I don't think you can award a penalty or free kick to the attacking side since play ended due to your whistle.

(Though hasn't he said that "oh, oops, I obviously made a mistake blowing the whistle, play was still on" is a reasonable conclusion before?)

3. Spirit of the no-shirt rule says second yellow once play comes to an end since it's an attempt to incite. I think though, that rule only applies to goal celebrations by the letter. I'd give him a talking to once play ended and then get chewed out by my boss. Either way, I'm not stopping play.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

foobardog posted:

3. Spirit of the no-shirt rule says second yellow once play comes to an end since it's an attempt to incite. I think though, that rule only applies to goal celebrations by the letter. I'd give him a talking to once play ended and then get chewed out by my boss. Either way, I'm not stopping play.

Isn't it technically about "inciting the crowd" which he definitely is here by "celebrating wildly infront of his fans".

LOOK I AM A TURTLE
May 22, 2003

"I'm actually a tortoise."
Grimey Drawer
It actually says pretty clearly in the LOAF that "A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off if he commits any of the following seven offences", and one of the seven is "denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball". Strange though it may seem, it sounds to me like a substitute can indeed be guilty of DOGSO. In any case, restart with a dropped ball from the edge of the six yard box. Pretty sure substitutes can't cause penalties.

Yellow card to the striker for delaying the restart of play, yellow or red card to the keeper depending on how harsh he was.

Order Rooney to punch the keeper in the face.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Mickolution posted:

Isn't it technically about "inciting the crowd" which he definitely is here by "celebrating wildly infront of his fans".

Yeah, it is, but it's mentioned particularly in reference to goal celebrations in the interpretation of Law 12 (Check page 118). It's not a rule against inciting the crowd in general, it only appears in reference to goal celebrations. Being a smart-rear end, you could say, it's not a goal celebration, so therefore the rule does not apply. I think spirit-wise, it does.

And I was stupid with number 1, unsporting is only a yellow. However,

Law 12 posted:

A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off if he commits any of the following seven offences:

denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick

It doesn't matter a whit that the guy in 1 is a sub, it's a straight red.

e: f,b because I was blinded by Rooney.

e2: And yeah, penalty kicks mention players only, not subs as LOOK I AM A TURTLE said. In fact, so do the free kicks, and I guess you have to do a drop ball.

foobardog fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 17, 2011

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Ah, the bit I was going off was:

Law 3 posted:

Infringements and Sanctions

If a substitute or substituted player enters the field of play without the referee’s permission:

• the referee stops play (although not immediately if the substitute or
substituted player does not interfere with play)
• the referee cautions him for unsporting behaviour and orders him to leave
the field of play
• if the referee has stopped play, it is restarted with an indirect free kick for
the opposing team from the position of the ball at the time of the stoppage
(see Law 13 – Position of Free Kick)

If a player changes places with the goalkeeper without the referee’s permission
before the change is made:

• the referee allows play to continue
• the referee cautions the players concerned when the ball is next out of play

In the event of any other infringements of this Law:

• the players concerned are cautioned
• the match is restarted with an indirect free kick, to be taken by a player of
the opposing team from the position of the ball at the time of the stoppage
(see Law 13 – Position of Free Kick)

Given Law 12 specifically refers to substitutes it looks like he can be sent off after all. Now that I think back, I'm just remembering the issue that Trin challenged the thread to try to spot with Law 3, but that turned out to be the fact there's nothing to explicitly prevent you from bringing on a substitute for a player who was sent off.

Scikar fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Sep 17, 2011

Psybro
May 12, 2002

LOOK I AM A TURTLE posted:

It actually says pretty clearly in the LOAF that "A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off if he commits any of the following seven offences", and one of the seven is "denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball". Strange though it may seem, it sounds to me like a substitute can indeed be guilty of DOGSO. In any case, restart with a dropped ball from the edge of the six yard box. Pretty sure substitutes can't cause penalties.

Yellow card to the striker for delaying the restart of play, yellow or red card to the keeper depending on how harsh he was.

Order Rooney to punch the keeper in the face.

There was effort applied to this post and I would just like to signal my approval of it.

Sonic H
Dec 8, 2004

Me love you long time
1) Red Card the sub. Restart with drop ball.
2) Book the striker for dissent. Send off the keeper for dangerous/violent conduct. Restart with free kick from the point of offside.
3) Book the keeper once play has stopped naturally.

Find Wayne Rooney and loving lamp him for being an ugly motherfucker.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

For the first one you get ready for a big brawl between the two teams. Run and hide I'd say.

LOOK I AM A TURTLE
May 22, 2003

"I'm actually a tortoise."
Grimey Drawer
The amusing thing about the first one is that, by the letter of the law, you can only send him off because he used his hands. Had he used any other part of his body you'd only be able to give him a yellow card for entering the field of play, unless you give one yellow card for entering the field of play and then one for unsporting behavior or something.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

quote:

1) Send the substitute off. The Law was amended in 2006 to cover a red card for a sub or substituted player who denies a goal. His team will now have one fewer substitute to choose from, but will continue to play with 11 players. As for the restart: you could award a penalty only if the handling offence was committed by an active outfield player. As it was a sub, restart with an indirect free-kick from the six-yard line parallel to the goal-line at a point nearest to where the offence occurred.
Thanks to Richard Coutts.

2) Both players have committed an offence. Show the striker a yellow card for delaying the restart, and show the keeper a red card for violent conduct. Once the defending team have a replacement keeper in place, restart with an indirect free-kick for the original offside decision.
Thanks to Alan Milton.

3) No, play on. The goalkeeper has not committed an offence: removing a shirt is only a yellow card offence when done specifically in celebration of a goal, or if you deem it could have incited opposition fans. This keeper is celebrating in front of his own fans. It may seem an anomaly, but you need to stick to the letter of the Law. Russ Banner wins the shirt

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Mickolution posted:

quote:

3) No, play on. The goalkeeper has not committed an offence: removing a shirt is only a yellow card offence when done specifically in celebration of a goal, or if you deem it could have incited opposition fans. This keeper is celebrating in front of his own fans. It may seem an anomaly, but you need to stick to the letter of the Law. Russ Banner wins the shirt

Hmmm...

Psybro
May 12, 2002
The answer for 3) demonstrates yet further what a pointless poo poo Law that is.

Mr Gentleman
Apr 29, 2003

the Educated Villain of London

LOOK I AM A TURTLE posted:

terrifying

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

JingleBells posted:

Jesus the Rooney will haunt me forever.

Anyway, back to football.

- Red-card the substitute (note that since he wasn't actually in the playing 11 at the time this has no effect on the number of people on the pitch), award a penalty, report the sub to the league.

- Yellow card both of them for being twats.

- Goalkeepers are above your puny rules. :colbert:

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
1. remind me of this but slightly less fun. I don't think anything was done about the guy who stopped it.

Psybro
May 12, 2002

sweek0 posted:

1. remind me of this but slightly less fun. I don't think anything was done about the guy who stopped it.

poo poo header, straight to the opposition striker. smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's Friday!

• Locked thread