Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
She's gorgeous! I want to run my hands through her fur :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tertiary Stresses
Jul 27, 2007
There's definitely some Brittany in her. The Brittany that we adopted 3 months ago is similar in a lot of ways, just not nearly as fluffy. However, the belly-rub pose is one I see all the time.

I'll see if I can cough up the dough for platinum so I can post photos for comparison.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

kinmik posted:

So cute! Looks more like a aussie/border collie mix (like this guy but pointier) but could be a brit mix. I wanna rub that fluff belly :3:

Tertiary Stresses you don't need plat, just upload them to imgur and post.

WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars

kinmik posted:

This is Lucky (I renamed her from "Molly" when I was twelve, don't judge me). She's got the intellectual prowess of a lintball, but she picked up simple commands easily enough. Whenever she meets strangers and new dogs, she tends to want to crawl all over them. Even as an old(ish) lady at around eleven, she's still full of energy. The family we got her from insisted she was a Brittany Spaniel, so whenever someone on the street asked what she was, that was what we told them and they seemed to eat that up. I think she seems a bit too..."pointy" and long in the muzzle to be one, and of all the pictures I've seen of Brittanys on Google, none seem to have the same long coat as her (unless that's just standard maintenance?). :/

At least part of that dog is brittany, her head strongly resembles Fiyero's and she's got some markings that are dead ringers for his, too. The fluffy comes from something else, I'd wager. Even the hairiest brits I've seen aren't that fuzzy. The attitude seems to match up too. The only thing throwing me is the tail, but that's because all of the dogs I've seen are docked.

She's gorgeous! :D

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Tertiary Stresses, I'd love to see your dog, post pics forthwith!
My favorite thing to do to her is play with her ears; I just kind of fist them and make them do weird things. They're so soft.

Content:

One of the dogs from my childhood, Hoku. Good old dog, Humane Society told us he was Newfoundland+GSD. God, I miss him.
fake edit: Now I look at him next to Lucky, they kinda look alike, no?

Tertiary Stresses
Jul 27, 2007
Thanks for the heads up Instant Jellyfish. Let's try this then!

That's Ginger for Brittany Spaniel comparison. The face, colouring, and ears are very similar. However, the long hair and not-gimped tail make it look like one of her ancestors strayed a bit.

Since this is the mutt threat, here's my brothers dog:

We tried to figure out what he was, but quickly came to the conclusion that he's 1/2 brown dog, 1/2 dumb dog, and all awesome.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

kinmik posted:

Actually, looks like it could be a Belgian Shepherd mix.

Tertiary Stresses posted:

We tried to figure out what he was, but quickly came to the conclusion that he's 1/2 brown dog, 1/2 dumb dog, and all awesome.

Obviously a lot of GSD in there. No tellin' what else. :)

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Skizzles posted:

Actually, looks like it could be a Belgian Shepherd mix.

Come to think of it, that's what my sister said after Hoku passed away as we were browsing old photos. You both are likely correct. Fact of life: big sister is always right. Unless she says, "There's not that much sriracha in it."

Tertiary, that is one fine looking Brittany. Did you just get her spayed? Looks like she's missing a little stomach fringe on the bottom thar.

Feefeeyee
Sep 4, 2011

Larry Koldsweat! posted:

never been able to figure this one out. her name is loaf, but what on earth is she?

I don't know what that dog is, but darn if that ain't one of the most precious smiles I have ever seen.

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out
It is adorable! Loaf looks like a Tibetan Spaniel mix to me. Possibly with corgi? She has a weird coat for a tibbie.

Cloyster
Jun 26, 2011

If anyone can tell me what my dog is, that'd be great. I know for a fact she's part jack russel since she is the same size and attitude as the typical jack, but this crazy wiry black and tan fur along with her curly bushy tail? no clue whatsoever.

Tertiary Stresses posted:

He looks like a german shepard mixed with a yellow lab (or a short haired golden) based on his coat color alone

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!
Love this thread! I've never known what my childhood dog was so I gathered some pics of her, maybe you all can tell me! We got her from a pound back in 94. Such a great sweet dog but SOOOO much energy and dug holes like crazy and FINALLY calmed down by age 11. 9_9

Anyways here is my sweet Rina! What the hell was she??

Happydogska
Jan 26, 2003
It always smells like fish.
Golden + Westie + stepladder?

MoCookies
Apr 22, 2005

Candy Dawn posted:

Love this thread! I've never known what my childhood dog was so I gathered some pics of her, maybe you all can tell me! We got her from a pound back in 94. Such a great sweet dog but SOOOO much energy and dug holes like crazy and FINALLY calmed down by age 11. 9_9

Awww, it's like Benji and Shadow (from Homeward Bound) all in one package!
Definitely looks like a Terrier x Golden mix to me too.

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!
Wow golden? I have a golden now and I can't see it in Rinas face at all. She looks like such a mish mash of so many breeds lol

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
It's really hard to tell what's in there other than a whole lot of terrier. Maybe even a hint of GSD? Terrier mixes are always the hardest to ID it seems.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Candy Dawn posted:

Top-left makes me think Yorkie cross.
Top-right makes me think Golden Retriever cross.
Bottom left makes me think Heinz 57 :v:
Bottom right makes me think x hound cross.

Your dog is basically 100% purebred scruffy cute.

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!
LOL yeah she is was a scraggly thing. I miss that crazy rear end dog.

orenji
Oct 12, 2009

orenji fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Aug 23, 2023

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Jack Russell x giraffe

But no, seriously, it does look a bit chihuahua-y. Given the coloring, my first thought was basenji, but there's no other physical traits to denote that theory.

kinmik fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Sep 9, 2011

YummyTarts
Sep 2, 2007
Frosted Strawberry Toaster Pastries!

Cloyster posted:

If anyone can tell me what my dog is, that'd be great. I know for a fact she's part jack russel since she is the same size and attitude as the typical jack, but this crazy wiry black and tan fur along with her curly bushy tail? no clue whatsoever.

Aside from the curly tail, she looks so much like our dog, Kappa.

I couldn't find any better pictures to show you how much so they look alike. He's just a terrier mutt. There is no way to ever know, and he's so awesome I never cared much!

YummyTarts fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 9, 2011

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

YummyTarts posted:

Aside from the curly tail, she looks so much like our dog, Kappa.

I couldn't find any better pictures to show you how much so they look alike. He's just a terrier mutt. There is no way to ever know, and he's so awesome I never cared much!

Your dog is very cute and I wholeheartedly approve of his name.

My dogs are Sigma and Delta :3:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

orenji posted:

We think he's a jack russel x. But cross what? I think he looks a lot like a chihuaha sometimes.

Aw good on you for giving that dog a good life during his last years. I'd guess either just a byb JRT or a JRT/chihuahua mix.

joe944
Jan 31, 2004

What does not destroy me makes me stronger.
My puppy is a Lab/Doberman mix, quite the handful. :D She's really tall and lanky, weighs about 80lbs. Will be turning 2 in a couple of months!

N.N. Ashe
Dec 29, 2009
Right now I'm trying to figure out what breed my dog is. We got her at around 4 weeks from a local animal shelter. Fast forward almost 3 years and she's 70 lbs, really protective, loves to play, was really easy to train, her barks range from fierce to scary fierce, and for some reason pushes a rock around as a hobby. She also punches things alot, like that is how she understands the world. We're thinking she's some sort of mix between a pit, rotty, doberman, boxer, or German Shepard, but can't narrow it down from there. Here's pics for from puppy up if that helps.

:3:

Let me know if you can help narrow it down, or if you need more details/pics to figure it out.

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

I need an update on the horsearoo dog from way back! Owner, step forth and post thine glorious pictures!

e:
For reference: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3174513&userid=121428

Pretty Cool Name fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Sep 16, 2011

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Oh my god yes Porter, cutest mutt ever look at that dog.

N.N. Ashe, that is just a Brown Dog. There's too much mix to really even begin to guess well. Maybe some cattledog though?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Here is my awesome dog.

Part newfie/border collie ???

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I'd say lab/collie/retriever/fluffything.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

He is long haired normally like a retriever sort of, buzzcut for the summer.

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007

Whippet + ???

Kind of tempted to buy a DNA testing kit (Wisdom Panel Insight) - but reviews seem to be mixed. Has anyone used it before?

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:

rawrr posted:

Whippet + ???

Kind of tempted to buy a DNA testing kit (Wisdom Panel Insight) - but reviews seem to be mixed. Has anyone used it before?

I have, it was good for 50% of my dog but the other half is unaccounted for. Friend got it for me because it was the only one that claimed to detect Skye terrier, which is what I thought Angus might be, but it turns out you can make a pretty good fake Skye out of a shih tzu, a dachshund and some random other products of dog lovin'.

A Sleepy Budgie
Jan 6, 2010

A friend in need
is a friend indeed
:unsmith:

Sylink posted:

Here is my awesome dog.

Part newfie/border collie ???

Is he full grown? Because he doesn't look big enough to be newfie. I'm seeing lab and spaniel, maybe? I love those ears. He looks like a sweetie :3:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

rawrr posted:

Whippet + ???

Do you have a bodyshot? Seeing mostly just whippet here. Dog DNA tests are..not so useful.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
My mom lives in backwoods Arkansas where it's not uncommon for animals to get dumped and whatnot. The other day, someone dumped THIS at her house...

Any idea what kinda dogs are in that puppy (ignore the stupid pugs)? I said it was probably just a hound mix, but it's hard to tell. It's the only pic she's sent me so far.

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

I know the puppy looks smaller and all, but the little white toes and tri-color makes me think Bernese/greater swiss mountain dog. I know other dogs can be tri color but I have only really seen that distinct pattern in those breeds. Whatever he/she is, they are completely adorable!

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
ACK, how did I not think of greater Swiss mountain dog?! He does look like he has quite a bit of that in him, perhaps. I'm going to make her send more pics. :argh:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
They aren't too common, so it would be pretty unusual for one to be dumped I would think. I'd say some kind tricolor hound mix too.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Yeah that's why my brain automatically went to hound is 'cause you don't see 'em too often, and hounds would be pretty common in rural Arkansas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010
My mom is a vet tech and has picked up a number of dogs from shelters and whatnot. This is Sherman, he is some sort of German Shepard/Rottweiler/Bull-mastiff cross. He had something like 5 terrible owners before we got him (and was being used as practice for injections and whatnot at one of my moms schools before she adopted him) and he is the biggest suck in the entire world.

He loved my moms ex so much that he went to live with him when they split.

Our other mutt is the enigmatic Swizzle, I have no idea what kind of mix she is, and I'm curious what you goons think she might be. My mom adopted her from the humane society and shes kind of crazy, but that's part of what makes her so awesome.

Also, this: