Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Arenovalis posted:

I'll post a link here when it's done (it's a retexture of the default sniper rifle in the game)

Huh I didn't even recognize it. I think I've just about forgotten what all the vanilla textures look like thanks to your other retextures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Herr Zealot posted:

Can anyone recommend a good overhaul mod in terms of game play changes?

Originally I was infatuated by Project Nevada, but I soon realized it was way to simple and changed the games mechanics way to much to culminate an overall ultra-simplistic style of mechanics that the player would have at his disposal (Bullet time, sprint, implants). Not only that, the implant system, although unique and fun, was in it's own way, overpowered. I would find an implant randomly on my travels at level 5, and be able to sell it for about 6-7k, which would pretty much mean I'm rich and there is nothing to expensive for me to buy, and this is about 30 minutes into the game.

I looked at Arwen's Realism Tweaks a little bit, but it seems it evolved from it's original state of "tweaks" to a full blown overhaul that changes a great deal, has anyone tried this and had any experience with it? Also there is XFO, but again, haven't tried it, although from looking at it, it looks like it hasn't been updated in a couple months, is the development still active?

e: Maybe I'll just end up tweaking the values edited in the game play overhaul module of PN.

You could just not use the implant module, that's what I do.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Arenovalis posted:

sup

Jesus finally I've been waiting from day one!!!!!!!

Just kidding (not kidding). Looks like it's going to be awesome.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007

Herr Zealot posted:

Can anyone recommend a good overhaul mod in terms of game play changes?

I started off using Arwen's, but it gradually grew into a buggy overcomplicated mess. I still really liked the med-tec module though, and wish PN had something similar. Since I uninstalled Arwen's and about half a dozen other mods that do the stuff that's integrated in PN and started using PN my game's been a lot more stable. Just don't use the implant module, that's what I did because they seemed overpowered to me. PN is so adjustable that you can effectively make it do the same thingas Arwen's without all the bugginess.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Dammit, all those signature weapons mods and the Robot Race mod look absolutely boss, but with Lonesome Road coming out in 2-3 days, I don't have the time to play through them yet :suicide: Guess I'll have to wait for Lonesome Road to be done before I start a new game.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
'MERICA

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
"...And one courier who carried the flag of the Old World on his chest and abdomen piece..."

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
I'd use that if it didn't have 9-11 on it.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

I'd use that if it was a full blown revamp, so you had to repair your body and weld armor on, rather than use stimpacks and rest.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think that mod does actually make it so you can eat scrap metal to heal yourself.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Kind of reminds me of the MARK 13 from Hardware.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Is there a way to change the save game directory? I'm starting to wonder if my C: drive is going, and would like to do a little experiment.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Alasyre posted:

I'd use that if it didn't have 9-11 on it.

Same here :( It'd make for one hell of a dichotomy too, depending on how Lonesome Road goes- two Couriers, both of them connected to the Old World, but the robot wants to save humanity, and Ulysses might want to destroy it, maybe?

Spoilering my speculation to be safe.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Kind of reminds me of the MARK 13 from Hardware.

Now I want to make a mod to replace the ambient soundtrack with '80s alt rock, wave, and industrial and the radio soundtrack with '80s metal.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
I don't know if anyone cares, but just in case you run into this and don't want to spend hours figuring it out: Do not use the EMP Generator Implant from Project Nevada if you need to go anywhere that you are disarmed to enter. The game tries to take the generated charges and place them in a container, crashing the game.

Ishwoo
Dec 27, 2007
*Amusing Text*
How the hell do you get The Armory working? even with a vanilla install and the animation things it still causes my game to crash on startup

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Ishwoo posted:

How the hell do you get The Armory working? even with a vanilla install and the animation things it still causes my game to crash on startup

A crash on startup usually means a missing master. You may have accidentally installed a plugin somewhere along the line that's looking for a master .esm file you don't have right now. FNVEdit will tell you what you're missing, or you can go through it manually with FOMM.

Skizot
Oct 23, 2006
HOW I MINE FROSTBOLT?

Naky posted:

A crash on startup usually means a missing master. You may have accidentally installed a plugin somewhere along the line that's looking for a master .esm file you don't have right now. FNVEdit will tell you what you're missing, or you can go through it manually with FOMM.

what does "takes 45 minutes to load your save game" mean?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Skizot posted:

what does "takes 45 minutes to load your save game" mean?

You have too many saves/old saves in your save blob. Delete some and it should get better.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
So I've been playing through Old World Blues, and something really, really bothered me about it: despite it existing as a Damaged Prototype in three different instances, there was no working Stealth Suit Mk II helmet to be worn with the suit. It took way longer than it should have for how simple it was, but I figured I'd share the results in case anyone else wanted to use it. The working helmet is the one towards the right on the mannequin in the chestplate lab of X-13. Obviously, this requires Old World Blues.

I can get a screenshot later if anyone wants one.

Download: OWB Stealth Suit Mk II Helmet

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

So I've been playing through Old World Blues, and something really, really bothered me about it: despite it existing as a Damaged Prototype in three different instances, there was no working Stealth Suit Mk II helmet to be worn with the suit. It took way longer than it should have for how simple it was, but I figured I'd share the results in case anyone else wanted to use it. The working helmet is the one towards the right on the mannequin in the chestplate lab of X-13. Obviously, this requires Old World Blues.

I can get a screenshot later if anyone wants one.

Download: OWB Stealth Suit Mk II Helmet

I suspect the Hazmat Helmet (with night vision woot!) was meant to be the usual one, at least at night. Currently, I'm running (forget the exact name of the mod) a Tactical NVG set, which has light-enhance, green NVG and thermal as options. (Also comes with a tricked Black Ops beret, and a tactical computer to highlight NPCs/critters, dead bodies, and containers with ammo/weapons/food, IIRC.)

What-all does your helmet add, if anything other than appearance?

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !
This mod here http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42911 is so far my favourite treatment of the stealth suit. It adds a helmet, new colour scheme, fixes the morphine and stim issues, and has upgrades that are reflected on the model itself. A pretty good deal.

Vitriol
Mar 11, 2001

Phhhhhtttttt!

Boogoose posted:

This mod here http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42911 is so far my favourite treatment of the stealth suit. It adds a helmet, new colour scheme, fixes the morphine and stim issues, and has upgrades that are reflected on the model itself. A pretty good deal.

Oh yeah, this is a good mod, I've been using it in it's various incarnations from it's start.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I've heard enough good stuff about this Assassin Suit overhaul that I think it should go in the DLC section of the OP. Good? Good.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur

Ygolonac posted:

I suspect the Hazmat Helmet (with night vision woot!) was meant to be the usual one, at least at night. Currently, I'm running (forget the exact name of the mod) a Tactical NVG set, which has light-enhance, green NVG and thermal as options. (Also comes with a tricked Black Ops beret, and a tactical computer to highlight NPCs/critters, dead bodies, and containers with ammo/weapons/food, IIRC.)

What-all does your helmet add, if anything other than appearance?

Nothing, unless the Chinese Stealth Helmet did something special in Fallout 3. I just copied the entry for that, changed the pick-up model to match the Damaged Prototype one and plopped it into the cell. I really just did it to make up for the fact that the only SSMKII helmet I could find on the Nexus was a really bad security helmet reskin that put it (for some mind-boggling reason) inside the Presidential suite on the Strip.

Apparently I did not search hard enough!

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

We know what you been up to and my advice on that little venture is to pack it in. It won't work. It will all end in tears.
This is a huge thread so forgive me if this is already covered,

Is there any mod that gives the player a base and some dudes to command? and the ability to make more grunts or whatever?

I want to have my own legion at my back when i roam around, then turn IWS on high and see what happens.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Raw_Beef posted:

I want to have my own legion at my back when i roam around, then turn IWS on high and see what happens.

Gamebryo explodes along with your computer.

You might want to check Wasteland Defense.

Skizot
Oct 23, 2006
HOW I MINE FROSTBOLT?

Elliotw2 posted:

You have too many saves/old saves in your save blob. Delete some and it should get better.

how would i go about this?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Veronica was all bummed about the BoS bunker nerds being nerds, so hey let's go hit the strip! Get all fancified and poo poo. Also take care of some slight personal business.

Click this: :wotwot:

:jerkbag:

:black101:

:q:

:black101:

:gonk:

:science:

:monocle:

:raise:

:commissar:

:clint:

<scene missing>

Beeb fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Sep 20, 2011

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Capn Beeb posted:

Wow, I've...never seen Veronica look so masculine.

Look at that neck, those shoulders. She could be a linebacker.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Punching people constantly is a hell of a workout :v:

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Skizot posted:

how would i go about this?

Your saves are usually under "C:\Users\(YOUR COMPUTER NAME)\My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Saves" or something like that. At least mine is.

Are you talking about it taking forever to load your save files in the "Load Game" menu, or taking forever to load a game? Because if you're talking about loading a saved game, this might not fix it.

If you mean that it's taking forever to load the list of saved games in the "Load Game" menu, then yeah, this'll fix it. However, you don't have to actually delete them if you don't want to lose them. Just move them to another folder like "Old Saves" in the same directory and you'll be fine.

Where the hell is Lonesome Road? I have to get married in a few days and won't be able to play it for like two weeks. Son of a bitch.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Sep 20, 2011

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I need a mod recommendation. Because I'm running around with infinite carrying weight mod (I hate stashing, player homes etc.) sorting through my weapons became quite an adventure on it's own. Are there some good inventory sorters out there that would actually allow me to sort my weapons by type? A simple melee/bullet/energy etc. would be loving great.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Capn Beeb posted:

Punching people constantly is a hell of a workout :v:

Plus fighting against the kickback of the Power Fist all the time, it's like 100 shakeweights at once.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
So is Nevada Skies considered the best of the environment mods? It sure looks pretty and the options it gives you are detailed as hell but I wasn't sure what people thought of F3NV Project Reality. Read it's mod page it seems like it's kind of overstepping what it originally set out to do, or at least it's no longer just a weather mod any more.

And are there any good hilarious gore mods? I found a lot for less gore but that's not how I roll.

e: oh and one of my favorite mods in Fallout 3 is also in New Vegas, the Sprint Mod. it uses AP so it's actually balanced well and a must if you're like me and have beaten these games multiple times before http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34943

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 20, 2011

MadPierrot
Nov 4, 2009

we are all dead men on leave
Starting an evil playthrough I was pretty dissatisfied with Ghost Town Gunfight/Run Goodsprings Run. I really wanted to have the ability to pit Goodsprings and the Powder Gangers against each other for my own personal benefits. I didn't really like the motivations of Cobb or the gang, and I thought it'd be better if you could (in the event of helping Cobb) actually run Goodsprings as your own town, or at least be able to kill Ringo and intimidate the townspeople into accepting it. I guess I just wanted more options besides killing all the Powder Gangers or killing all of Goodsprings (including the Doc). How hard would it be to mod in some other outcomes for those quests?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
How do you actually kick off that line of quests? I was friendly with the Powder Gangers but I could never get the gang member hanging out near the town to talk to me.

e: oh

quote:

If you have already spoken to Ringo and agreed to help him, Joe Cobb will dismiss you when try and ask to help him take over the town. Each time you ask he'll claim he doesn't like the look of you.

Well that kinds sucks. Usually you can play both sides in these games until it's time to take action but I guess Joe Cobb is telepathic.

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Sep 20, 2011

MadPierrot
Nov 4, 2009

we are all dead men on leave
It's not a bad quest by any means, but the replay value is pretty limited by the fact that you're more or less stuck with killing the Powder Gangers or killing the town. Part of the problem is that making the quest more interesting by adding skill checks is not really a viable option for early players, but the ability to play things more subtly- selling out Ringo, for example, or preparing the Goodsprings settlers and playing pied piper to the Powder Gangers by leading them into a trap would make it so much more interesting.

I was mostly just upset that you can't just kill Ringo and let the problem disappear without anymore bloodshed, or better yet there being an actual outcome to letting the Powder Gangers take over other than having half the townspeople dead.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
That robot race mod that was posted earlier, how bad would it gently caress up Project Nevada and FOOK? The only conflict I can think of is that scrap metal is now a healing item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I don't think it would affect them - unless they make a change specifically to the scrap metal item, everything should still work.

(note: Because of the way the game works, scrap metal as a repair item does NOT actually involve a change to scrap metal itself - so there's no conflict there)