Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Deadpool posted:

That's somewhat up in the air due to Bendis's very liberal use of time. Bendis said that in USM a year passed for every 100 issues. It's probably been closer to 18 or 20 months. Peter's 16th birthday in #155 should have actually been his 17th because well before Ultimatum around issue 100 he was said to be coming up on his 16th birthday. Bendis also said in interviews that Peter was 16 during Ultimatum. And after Spider-Man Requiem there was a six month jump before Ultimate Comics Spider-Man. So yeah, Bendis.

Then of course there's the very first page of Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1 where Peter actually tells us his age...

That was the worst spider-man hairdoo ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flight 230
Nov 16, 2006

We stand as the manifested equivalent of three buckets of water and a handful of minerals. Those very buckets turned upside down supply the percussive factor of forever.
Y'know, I'm just re-reading the first couple years of USM and Lafuente's haircut is not really too far removed from Bagley's.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Flight 230 posted:

Y'know, I'm just re-reading the first couple years of USM and Lafuente's haircut is not really too far removed from Bagley's.

It's a lot more exaggerated. It comes off more as long, shaggy hair, than just "Peter's hair is messy".

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

Dickeye posted:

It's a lot more exaggerated. It comes off more as long, shaggy hair, than just "Peter's hair is messy".

Long shaggy hair is more or less how the kids are doing it these days, though.

Soundtrack To Mary
Nov 12, 2007

ZOMBY WOOF

Deadpool posted:

Yeesh. I hate to be that guy, but I think that his haircut might have been the highlight of the series.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Soundtrack To Mary posted:

Yeesh. I hate to be that guy, but I think that his haircut might have been the highlight of the series.

And them pointing it out later on ("you're head is a perfect circle!") is one of the highlights of the series.

Liked the issue, but like most Bendis stuff, I'm going to need the see the whole six part arc to get a proper idea of how I feel about it. Now if it's fair that I would need to spend $24+ to get a complete story I'll leave to others.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Is issue 2 out yet? How about now? The first issue was really good but it might as well have been a 4 page preview in the back of another comic, I need to know what happens next, darn it.

Myrddin Emrys posted:

I'll never quite live down that long shaggy hair was in style just before AND right after I was in high school, but not during.

Memphis Raines
May 21, 2008

100 Watts of Mediocrity

Lurdiak posted:

Is issue 2 out yet? How about now? The first issue was really good but it might as well have been a 4 page preview in the back of another comic, I need to know what happens next, darn it.

Not even close, what is it a monthly? Bi-weekly?

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

Memphis Raines posted:

Not even close, what is it a monthly? Bi-weekly?

It's a "monthly except we'll just put them out as fast as we can so maybe averaging one every 3.5 weeks".

They're saying it's monthly but they're going to put out more than 12 issues a year. Basically like when Bagley was around.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Next issue's out on the 28th of this month, so that's only 2 weeks between issues now, but does it mean the next one will be October 12th?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The_Doctor posted:

Next issue's out on the 28th of this month, so that's only 2 weeks between issues now, but does it mean the next one will be October 12th?

Well #3 comes out 10/5 and #4 comes out on 11/9.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Myrddin Emrys posted:

ANd it looks just as dumb when Peter does it. I know, I did it. I looked like a dipshit.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Speak for yourself, I look like Thor.

invalid user
Nov 15, 2006

Shit's expensive, bro. Plus, fuck Lurdiak.

^burtle posted:

Speak for yourself, I look like Thor.

Thor has muscles. Not mantits.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Jealousy is unbecoming.

invalid user
Nov 15, 2006

^burtle posted:

Jealousy is unbecoming.

I look like Loeb's Ultimate Blob :negative:

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

invalid user posted:

Headless and dead for no reason?

invalid user
Nov 15, 2006

ManiacClown posted:

Headless and dead for no reason?

With a possibly Asian chick dead in my stomach...

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

invalid user posted:

We all do, really.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ultimate Hawkeye was pretty good this week, but Ultimate X-Men was great. I really loved that first issue. Laid a lot of good groundwork going forward. I also like that Ultimate Hawkeye kind of clued us in on what happened to Karen, Liz, Derek and Hulk after Jimmy left.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mister Roboto posted:

We all do, really.
I don't. I look more like Kong.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Deadpool posted:

Ultimate Hawkeye was pretty good this week, but Ultimate X-Men was great. I really loved that first issue. Laid a lot of good groundwork going forward. I also like that Ultimate Hawkeye kind of clued us in on what happened to Karen, Liz, Derek and Hulk after Jimmy left.

I'm not that big on how it basically recycled more than half an issue from an issue of Ultimate Fallout.

Can you tell me who Karen, Liz, Derek and Jimmy are? Also why is Jean Gray calling herself something else now?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Sion posted:

I'm not that big on how it basically recycled more than half an issue from an issue of Ultimate Fallout.

Can you tell me who Karen, Liz, Derek and Jimmy are? Also why is Jean Gray calling herself something else now?

Jean Grey is calling herself something else now because Jeph Loeb is a terrible writer and mutants are pretty much wanted criminals now, so after being a high-profile mutant for the run of Ultimate X-Men she can't exactly go around using her real name.

The others are the other mutants that all got together with Jean during Ultimate X.

invalid user
Nov 15, 2006

Is the Hulk from Ultimate X Bruce Banner?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sion posted:

I'm guessing you didn't read Ultimate Comics X. Which I can understand because it had Loeb's name on the cover. But it was really the only decent thing he wrote in the Ultimate Universe.

Jimmy is Wolverine's son. He had never met his father though. Kitty showed up and gave him a box from Wolverine that had stuff in for Jimmy. He heals fast and has bone claws. But he can also form a metal coating over them similar to Colossus.

Liz is Liz Allan from Ultimate Spider-Man and Ultimate X-Men. She was a classmate of Peter's and was very scared of mutants. Then she found out she was one. She eventually went and joined the X-Men under the name Firestar. She's also the daughter of The Blob.

Derek is a mutant with retractable birdlike wings and talons. He was kind of like a vigilante of sorts before Jean found him and convinced him to join her team.

Jean became Karen Grant in order to try and have a somewhat normal life. It was going OK until Mystique and Sabretooth tracked her down. Sabretooth killed her boyfriend and she got Hulk involved to take care of Sabretooth. Karen and Fury have also been working together. Karen helps control Hulk so he doesn't go crazy.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

invalid user posted:

Is the Hulk from Ultimate X Bruce Banner?

Yes

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Deadpool posted:

About time the Ultimate Universe started getting cohesive again.

So now who's the current Prez? The art is so shadowy and vague it could be Obama OR a generic white guy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mister Roboto posted:

About time the Ultimate Universe started getting cohesive again.

So now who's the current Prez? The art is so shadowy and vague it could be Obama OR a generic white guy.

Hopefully they wise up and won't name anyone. Time passes even slower in the Ultimate Universe. So it's good to not really involve a real President like they did before.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Deadpool posted:

Hopefully they wise up and won't name anyone. Time passes even slower in the Ultimate Universe. So it's good to not really involve a real President like they did before.

Yeah, I'm thinking it was deliberate. I mean Ghost Rider killed Bidethorn and not a single person seemed to notice, so it's not as if real politicians add much to the story.

Mister Roboto fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Sep 23, 2011

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

UCSM#2 preview

Looks like a new power is revealed. Some type of spider-bite? Maybe it's like an enhanced power of clinging to walls?

Memphis Raines
May 21, 2008

100 Watts of Mediocrity
Hahah, from page 2 of that preview:

"So I said to the guy: You never read the book yet you go online and talk about it as if--"

Bendis saying 'Have at you!' to the haters?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Memphis Raines posted:

Hahah, from page 2 of that preview:

"So I said to the guy: You never read the book yet you go online and talk about it as if--"

Bendis saying 'Have at you!' to the haters?

I'm sure that's exactly what it is, and I'm also sure he's done stuff like that before, I just can't remember any specific examples of it right now.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TheJoker138 posted:

I'm sure that's exactly what it is, and I'm also sure he's done stuff like that before, I just can't remember any specific examples of it right now.
The most recent issue of New Avengers, for one.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

notthegoatseguy posted:

UCSM#2 preview

Looks like a new power is revealed. Some type of spider-bite? Maybe it's like an enhanced power of clinging to walls?

Ultimate Mark of Kaine, perhaps?

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

TheJoker138 posted:

In NA Spidey called Captain America "Bucky-Cap" and he got his panties in a twist over it.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Awww yeah, looks like we're getting badass Hammer-Axe Thor back!

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Myrddin Emrys posted:

Ultimate Mark of Kaine, perhaps?

I think he is just squishing the guy's wrist with Spider-Strength.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

^burtle posted:

I think he is just squishing the guy's wrist with Spider-Strength.

Maybe only his hands have Spider-Sense.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dacap posted:

Awww yeah, looks like we're getting badass Hammer-Axe Thor back!

After Hickman's great Thor mini this really excites me. Can't wait to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memphis Raines
May 21, 2008

100 Watts of Mediocrity

TheJoker138 posted:

Any time there's a panel that takes place inside a police station and there's a crossover event going on in DC or 616, there's usually someone being arrested just inside the police station wearing an important character's clothes, yelling something that is to do with said crossover.

• Locked thread