Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Alkaphanel posted:

I disagree, its something amazing.

"I've got to comment quickly on this Eric thing because I've got Tony Bennett coming in."

We joke about Joan Rivers and Lisa Lampinelli, but Tony Bennett? Shame I wasnt carpooling with my grandpa this morning, he loves that guy.

I had the same thought. Tony Bennett...who cares? (I'm really asking - who cares about him...anyone?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Woah woah woah, stop the clock

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Kelly posted:

I had the same thought. Tony Bennett...who cares? (I'm really asking - who cares about him...anyone?)

What do you do for a living?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I saw some ads for Tony Bennett recently, looks like he is launching something which is probably why he came into the studio to sing a song with his whole rear end in a top hat hanging out.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Mr Hands Colon posted:

What do you do for a living?

I mean, that's your opinion. Plenty of people thought the interview was interesting.

Have you guys noticed that they have pretty much stopped tweeting? The main guys, at least. Howard, Gary, Robin. I can't remember the last time I saw a tweet from any of them.

AxeManiac posted:

I saw some ads for Tony Bennett recently, looks like he is launching something which is probably why he came into the studio to sing a song with his whole rear end in a top hat hanging out.

Do you think he's ever had a girl lick his rear end in a top hat? I heard that Beth won't lick Howard's.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
That was a funny cycle, Howard hated and feared Tweeting, then he loved the poo poo out of it and would tweet stuff during the show, then he hated it and now nobody cares about it.

I think everyone pretty much called that from the start however. I do miss seeing that live connection from them, the only good thing about twitter is hearing from interesting people.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Sal occasionally retweets people who praise him - these almost always have horrendous spelling, poor grammar and/or l33t speak. A bit sad actually. Like these are the regular fans who enjoy the same show as me, and not one of them can write a proper sentence.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Holy Calamity! posted:

Howard Stern Show Megathread: Whoa whoa whoa, stop the clock

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

lynch_69 posted:

Sal occasionally retweets people who praise him - these almost always have horrendous spelling, poor grammar and/or l33t speak. A bit sad actually. Like these are the regular fans who enjoy the same show as me, and not one of them can write a proper sentence.

And the sad thing is these are adults. The average Howard isn't a young person who doesn't know any better. A lot of them appear to be in their 30s and 40s.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

"This is very sad for me."

(Howard, as recent amputee Leslie West was about to enter the studio.)

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Kelly posted:

And the sad thing is these are adults. The average Howard isn't a young person who doesn't know any better. A lot of them appear to be in their 30s and 40s.

Listening to the radio reduces your IQ by 10 points, talking to people from the radio reduces it another 30

godzirraRAWR
Sep 11, 2003

godzirra will trample your scrotum
My brother loves this campy retarded show called Blue Mountain State, and he was watching the newest episode tonight, and Richard and Sal had a pretty big part in it.

Kinda blew my mind for a minute, it was weird. Totally unexpected.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Holy poo poo, Benji and George Tekei were just on NBC Nightly News as a result of stupid Tony Bennett

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
I'm gonna go ahead and say it...I could really take or leave Geroge at this point. The whole Star Trek 70 year old gay man schtick is getting tired.

I mean, unless they get him doing bits and phony phonecalls, I don't really care about him on the show anymore really.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

chiz posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and say it...I could really take or leave Geroge at this point. The whole Star Trek 70 year old gay man schtick is getting tired.

Dry oatmeal.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

chiz posted:

I mean, unless they get him doing bits and phony phonecalls, I don't really care about him on the show anymore really.

I've never ignored someone here on SA but you may be the first!

All kidding aside, I just love his perspective on things and how he never seems to really understand Howard goofing on something.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
How could you ever get tired listening to that voice and that laugh? That's not comprehendible.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Vakal posted:

Dry oatmeal.

Can I get some hot water?

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Vakal posted:

Dry oatmeal.

*clears throat*
gently caress

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

When Fred plays the drop of George speaking Klingon I crack up every single time.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

The Sirius/XM app for Android is absolute garbage. It plays your channel for awhile, and then it stops and crashes anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour into listening. Then you have to restart your phone because it just hangs at checking for updates screen forever. :suicide: Great job Sirius/XM!

Also when I heard George's voice on Monday a huge smile came on my face. I love George! Let's hope for a 4 day week!

Fist
Sep 16, 2007

Burden posted:

The Sirius/XM app for Android is absolute garbage. It plays your channel for awhile, and then it stops and crashes anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour into listening. Then you have to restart your phone because it just hangs at checking for updates screen forever. :suicide: Great job Sirius/XM!

It is a piece of poo poo indeed. Just get a task killer though, you can just stop the sirius app that way without having to restart your phone.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I was rapidly going insane trying to find this thread. Yay for the new forum!

The web app, the iPhone app - both terrible. The web app craps out constantly and when it does play it's choppy.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kelly posted:

Just subscribe to the thread. That way you'll never lose it!

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

Just subscribe to the thread. That way you'll never lose it!

I think I am...I never think to look there.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

n/m

Sand Monster fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Sep 22, 2011

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Kelly posted:

The web app, the iPhone app - both terrible. The web app craps out constantly and when it does play it's choppy.

Have you ever tried the XM Tuner program on your computer? That's all I use now, works great.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Have you ever tried the XM Tuner program on your computer? That's all I use now, works great.

No, I haven't. Is this it?

http://www.xmtuner.net/

Looks pretty cool - better than the web interface for sure.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
"I was not really a model. I did catalogs and ads. Thats just embarrassing" - Whitney Cummings

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

I can't really begrudge Beth for taking catalog modelling gigs. I don't recall Howard ever calling her a SUPER MODEL or anything. Before hitting the jackpot she was just another working model making her way...

nurall
May 4, 2005

hey hows it going
cancelled sirius on saturday. already getting come back offers.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

"I was not really a model. I did catalogs and ads. Thats just embarrassing" - Whitney Cummings

Ew those "slacks" and that shirt are terrible

/gay Ralph

I do love when Howard said that beth had a career before she met him.

"Beth calls the shots in the bedroom"

Oh Howard :psyduck:

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Kelly posted:

No, I haven't. Is this it?

http://www.xmtuner.net/

Looks pretty cool - better than the web interface for sure.

Yup, that's the program. And you can actually be logged in via XMTuner in different locations at the same time without being logged out (I'm currently logged in on XMTuner and the Sirius iPhone app as I type this).

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

chiz posted:

I do love when Howard said that beth had a career before she met him.

Almost as good as when he says she has a career now. Hey Imus, when is Dea-dra's book coming out?

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Kelly posted:

Same here! I scanned the first 5 pages or so of TVIV looking for the thread.

I thought they would be live today because George was in the the studio this "week". Should've known better...

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Just came here to post this! A repeat - wasn't last week three days?

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Kelly posted:

wasn't last week three days?

Sure was... I had to go to howardstern.com to double check.

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if they moved to a solid 3-day week.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I wouldn't be against a once a week show if it was good, he was up front and open about the schedule, it was also available as a podcast, and he charged an appropriate price.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

And yet Howard is shocked when fans on twitter give him static about his work schedule. He'll probably bring it up again on Monday, if he even shows up.

You work 140 days a year, make $75 million, and charge a subscription to hear the show. No poo poo people are annoyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

During the William Shatner interview, he asked Howard if he's working five days a week, and Howard said 'no' and that's he's only working three days a week.