Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

WouldDesk posted:

He is, but so is Drew. Weird that they have a radio show not being fat and pale... though they do television also so it makes sense.

You're looking for right wing radio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

WouldDesk posted:

Welp, there is a redneck phone sex operator on the phone and... :barf:

mmmm thinking about the holocaust baby...

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah
Well http://www.lovelinedownloads.com/ is down now goddamnit.
e: wait this might be old news I was thinking of lovelinetapes. Carry on.

Quodio Stotes
Aug 8, 2010

by angerbot

criscodisco posted:

I think the thing I like the most about Loveline, versus regular interview formats, is that it's really good at giving me a better feel for actors/musicians that I never liked.

As in, for some reason, I've always found Jerry O'Connell really annoying. I can't say why, I just did.

But I listened to this episode:
http://www.lovelinetapes.com/shows/?id=1103&h=MThjM2NmZTF

And he's a really funny, down to earth guy. Also, this is a great episode.

I agree with your statement, and before hearing joseph levitt on loveline i thought he seemed to be an alright guy, but on the show he seemed like such a douche. ANyone else agree with me about levitt's loveline appearnance?

Hormones
May 9, 2009

Quodio Stotes posted:

I agree with your statement, and before hearing joseph levitt on loveline i thought he seemed to be an alright guy, but on the show he seemed like such a douche. ANyone else agree with me about levitt's loveline appearnance?

No way, JGL is lovely :3
Youtube interviews and his charity events and stuff. What a darling young man.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Quodio Stotes posted:

I felt the exact opposite. He was the most excited guest I can remember. He mentioned that he grew up listening to Loveline on KROQ and that it was such an important part of his childhood.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Everybody should lessen to the episode from August 8th 2002. The good stuff starts at about the 12 minute mark, but to get the whole effect just start from the beginning.

Spoiler:Adam talks about eating a pot brownie earlier in the day and the Culver City PD shows up and gives him a field sobriety test.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

It's the head from a cemetery call right now.. I love this episode

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Whitey Ford posted:

It's the head from a cemetery call right now.. I love this episode

That call is one of the most simultaneously hilarious and terrifying calls that I ever heard on LL. That guy had absolutely no qualms about digging up a relatively recently buried corpse and twisting its head off with his bare hands.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

It also has the paraplegic lady and her catheter call.

The guest is Dominic Purcell, who is Australian and did not grow up with Loveline. What a bizarre night it must have been for him, though he took it really well and had questions for the skull guy.

Mr.Graves
Jul 23, 2007

by T. Finn
Two quick questions:

Anyone want to volunteer episodes worth listening to that might not be as well known? Everyone knows about Tom Arnold and DAG and all that... I'm looking for the ones you think might be hidden gems, just a date with 'no guest' or some random guest no one would think twice about.

I'll go for me: not sure if this is famous in any way, but there is an earlier episode with Donal Logue that I really enjoy, it seems like an all around good night and even the callers are playing along.

Second, has Electric Six ever been a guest at any time? I would love to hear Drew's reaction to 'Infected Girls'.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Mr.Graves posted:

Two quick questions:

Anyone want to volunteer episodes worth listening to that might not be as well known? Everyone knows about Tom Arnold and DAG and all that... I'm looking for the ones you think might be hidden gems, just a date with 'no guest' or some random guest no one would think twice about.

I'll go for me: not sure if this is famous in any way, but there is an earlier episode with Donal Logue that I really enjoy, it seems like an all around good night and even the callers are playing along.

Second, has Electric Six ever been a guest at any time? I would love to hear Drew's reaction to 'Infected Girls'.

I'm down. I heard this really good episode where there was no guest but Adam was on a roll and the callers were pretty stupid.

OK let's keep 'em comin!

Human Tornada fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Sep 13, 2011

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

I prefer the no-guest nights, most of those are good anyway. There was one episode, back in the 90's I think, where Adam talked about how his mother was dating somebody who drove an old school bus when he was a kid. While on the bus he got a dose of carbon monoxide poisoning and spent the afternoon wandering around and got yelled at by an old lady. If anybody knows what show that was I'd like to know, I can't find it.

vvv how the hell could I forget that name? thanks

ohnobugs fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 13, 2011

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Zorbak.
http://www.lovelinetapes.com/shows/?id=2944&h=RyaY0BNm7iN

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
At the urging of another goon last year, when I had not listened to LL in a couple years, I checked out all the episodes with Alanna Ubach in them.
Every. Time. I was in tears due to laughter and my myofascial muscles were still sore the next morning from grinning so hugely.
"WHoooOOO?"
"Oswaldo."
"No, no esta aqui. WhoooOOO???!"

Heh, now I get to go listen to them again.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Really, just work your way through Loveline Tape's top 100 show list
http://www.lovelinetapes.com/lists/top/

Start at the bottom and work your way up.

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 13, 2011

Hormones
May 9, 2009
Some gems and generally good episodes:

10/22/1997 - Charles Fleischer. Creepiest Loveline call to ever exist in this one.
08/11/2002 & 04/03/2005 - Moby. Good chemistry with both Adam and Drew, smart, good dude all around.
04/25/2005 - Alex Borstein (Lois on Family Guy, Ms Swan on Mad TV), many impressions, many voices, much hilarity.
04/01/2004 - Torrie Wilson. The "which guy would you rather hang out with" game appears.
02/28/2002, 10/16/2003, 09/29/2005 - Eric Balfour. Great guy, all around great chemistry with Adam and Drew.
01/06/2004 - Jeremy McGrath. Drunk guy calls in, slurring up a storm, Adam keeps going back to him through out the show to see how his drunkenness is going. Hilarious.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Well I've listened to most loveline episodes now, but I missed a lot of the actual MTV show when it aired, and figured I'd never be able to see them.

Then tonight, on this small tracker I use, someone uploaded 61 episodes of the show.

Can't wait to finally watch all of these! Is this something that I could share with you guys, as the radio show is openly traded here, or is nobody really interested in the television show?

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

Harminoff posted:

Well I've listened to most loveline episodes now, but I missed a lot of the actual MTV show when it aired, and figured I'd never be able to see them.

Then tonight, on this small tracker I use, someone uploaded 61 episodes of the show.

Can't wait to finally watch all of these! Is this something that I could share with you guys, as the radio show is openly traded here, or is nobody really interested in the television show?

I would watch it for sure as long as there are no problems posting.

Pees With Boner
Jun 7, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Mr.Graves posted:

Two quick questions:

There's abstinence advocate Dina Tofic (or something) on 6/3/2001, and the "vampires" on 6/2/2002. Adam rips into both pretty hard, it's pretty hilarious--on the vampire one he says my favorite quote of all time: "Now, don't take this the wrong way, but... why don't you kill yourself?"

There's another episode sometime in that 01/02/03 range where the guest is some no-name TV actress who's since faded into obscurity (this describes like 99.9% of all loveline guests) and she's REALLY hosed up on drugs, I'll find it in a bit, and the Aisha Tyler episode on 5/7/2003 is pretty good because she's one of the few showbiz guests on the show that's actually really smart and well spoken.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Harminoff posted:

Wow, I thought these were lost for good!

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Brekelefuw posted:

Wow, I thought these were lost for good!

Same, I've been hoping to find these since I started listening to Loveline a few years ago. I'm definitely interested.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Lost shows? :stare:

Please, do share.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Well I've watched a few of them and there are a few with missing bits, the usual hiss, and other vhs issues. So its not 61 complete episodes, but about 30-40 of them are.

Hopefully I can share them on alluvion, just need the go ahead.

NeerWas
Dec 13, 2004

Everyday I'm shufflin'.
Speaking of guests that Adam hated, I was listening to the 2005 episodes and somewhere in the middle of the year Adam and Drew kept mentioning a guest for like an entire month. It was some transgender person that was a guest and Adam kept on talking about how much he hated her and it was obvious Drew didn't really like her either. Anyone know what episode that's from?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Sindow posted:

Speaking of guests that Adam hated, I was listening to the 2005 episodes and somewhere in the middle of the year Adam and Drew kept mentioning a guest for like an entire month. It was some transgender person that was a guest and Adam kept on talking about how much he hated her and it was obvious Drew didn't really like her either. Anyone know what episode that's from?

2004-06-15, Dr. Bruce Hensel & Rene

NeerWas
Dec 13, 2004

Everyday I'm shufflin'.

Riptor posted:

2004-06-15, Dr. Bruce Hensel & Rene

Sweet, thanks

Mr.Graves
Jul 23, 2007

by T. Finn
Holy crap Alanna Ubach (She played Roxi the hooker on Always Sunny for the S7 premiere!) is frickin hilarious. 2004 12 05 is one of the dirtiest, funniest shows I've ever heard.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Mr.Graves posted:

Holy crap Alanna Ubach (She played Roxi the hooker on Always Sunny for the S7 premiere!) is frickin hilarious. 2004 12 05 is one of the dirtiest, funniest shows I've ever heard.

I was reading along in the Sunny thread as the episode aired, and partway through someone mentioned that Roxi was Alanna, and I immediately knew who she was just from that episode. One of my all time favorites.

http://www.lovelinetapes.com/shows/?id=1489&h=ZGI1MTNlZDg

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Mr.Graves posted:

Two quick questions:

2005-07-17, no guest. I just listened to it and it's exceptional.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Currently listening to an episode with Chris Evans promoting not another teen movie and he and his costar are being annoying douchebags. They border on funny sometimes but then veer into being braying jackasses

Captain America was a little snot back in the day

Edit: as I listen further it's possible his costars are the annoying ones, there's three dudes and its kind of hard to distinguish them.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Sep 21, 2011

Mr.Graves
Jul 23, 2007

by T. Finn
Eddie Griffin, promoting Deuce Bigelo European Something or Other...

Holy poo poo! I never realized how awesomely insane/intelligent Eddie Griffin is. He and Adam really get along and have some great conversations. He tells Drew about how he had a heart attack, died, had an after life experience, and doesn't need to quit smoking until his regular treadmill test comes up bad.

Great, weird episode.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer
10-27-2004 - Leigh Whannell and Cary Ewels

They're promoting the first Saw movie, but these guys are some great guests. Funny, smart, active but not talking too much. Lots of good discussion, everyone's in a good mood.

The callers don't disappoint either.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Rack posted:

10-27-2004 - Leigh Whannell and Cary Ewels

They're promoting the first Saw movie, but these guys are some great guests. Funny, smart, active but not talking too much. Lots of good discussion, everyone's in a good mood.

The callers don't disappoint either.

Yes! This is a really good one.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Last good episode I listened to was 1998-08-06 (Guest - Diane Farr) who was on the Loveline t-show. First call starts off with a schizophrenic who believes a member of Whitesnake is in love with her and harassing her telepathically.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
The one on 12/8/2004 starts with a great 20 minute long story about a traffic jam Adam and Drew got into the previous night. I think the rest of the episode is good too, but that is one of my favorite Adam stories, and he hasn't repeated it a thousand times since then.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Wait, wait, Aisha Tyler was on this? The voice of Lana?

So listening to this. After I listen to the Oswalt and Posehn episode. Might listen to the stream too.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Zeether posted:

Wait, wait, Aisha Tyler was on this? The voice of Lana?

So listening to this. After I listen to the Oswalt and Posehn episode. Might listen to the stream too.

Yeah dude, she's been on the show a few times. And she talks to adam carolla on an episode of her podcast

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
Has anybody actually seen an episode of DAG (Dags show where he plays a bodyguard)? Is it as bad as it sounds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Started a thread for Carolla's podcast: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3439496

I know at least a few people here listen and it gets brought up every once in a while.

• Locked thread