Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qirex
Feb 15, 2001

gonna buy that book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

You Am I posted:

It owns hard. It is great to see how they bring Sherlock's mannerisms into a modern environment without him looking like a huge sperg. Love that series and can't wait for the next 3 episodes, which should be soon.

okay, that's a problem. a fundamental part of sherlock holmes is that he's a borderline-autistic and insufferably pedantic rear end in a top hat with a deep-seated inferiority complex.

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

MononcQc posted:

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Yah they do but it kills their battery life and eventually makes them lock up

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

you willingly bought an orson scott card book in the year of our lord 2011

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

duTrieux posted:

okay, that's a problem. a fundamental part of sherlock holmes is that he's a borderline-autistic and insufferably pedantic rear end in a top hat with a deep-seated inferiority complex.
And he is in the show, just but not to the point where you are wanting to scream at the TV

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

qirex posted:

I didn't like the norm show but sportsdome was legit funny
http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/video/kevin-durant-doomed-to-walk-the-earth-in-unending,19091/

the shaq heart attack thing, escaped nfl retirees and ghoulish spectre in left field to speed up baseball games bits all literally had me in tears. there's no reason that show shouldn't have done well

also when one of the hosts started having synesthesiac hallucinations from too many energy drinks

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

duTrieux posted:

a borderline-autistic and insufferably pedantic rear end in a top hat with a deep-seated inferiority complex.
yospos, bithc

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

i finished ds9 again so now i'm watching stargate atlantis which owns

SGA owns gently caress the haters

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

You Am I posted:

And he is in the show, just but not to the point where you are wanting to scream at the TV

iawtp

new watson owns pretty hard too

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Shaggar posted:

SGA owns gently caress the haters

sga is just rehashed sg-1 plots with somehow even worse effects and none of the charm

h t h

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
mckay and sheppard own

pram
Jun 10, 2001
mcgay and shitturd

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
just finished this

what a boring sci-fi book with almost nothing fleshed out in it
what happened to you gibson??

also apparently i own the least awesome cover

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the real world caught up is what happened

neuromancer and the other sprawl stories are set in a far-flung future world of ultra-advanced magical technology and sci-fi craziness

virtual light and the other stories in that series are set in a near-future world of advanced technology beyond what we have today but not too far beyond

pattern recognition and the other stories in that series are set in the real world, with googles and iphones and so on, with advanced technology pulled from articles he found in wired

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

law abiding rapist posted:

sga is just rehashed sg-1 plots with somehow even worse effects and none of the charm

h t h

yeah but with mckay which makes up for it

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

yeah but with mckay which makes up for it

i'd agree with you but tayla nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Shaggar posted:

mckay and sheppard own

agreedo

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

haveblue posted:

the real world caught up is what happened

neuromancer and the other sprawl stories are set in a far-flung future world of ultra-advanced magical technology and sci-fi craziness

virtual light and the other stories in that series are set in a near-future world of advanced technology beyond what we have today but not too far beyond

pattern recognition and the other stories in that series are set in the real world, with googles and iphones and so on, with advanced technology pulled from articles he found in wired

yeah his recent stuff is painful

"gee whiz isn't silicon valley amazing!?"

pram
Jun 10, 2001
this is my favorite sci fi novel but i cant read it anymore because it gives me violent emotions

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
that rockem sockem robots movie with wolverine literally looks like it was cut from the beginning of tropic thunder

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!

Pram posted:

I loved the shockwave rider, kinda eery how well he nailed the post-dilbert meaninglessness of the individual in the workplace

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

you willingly bought an orson scott card book in the year of our lord 2011

two of them actually.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

*beams up a shitload of weed*

toby
Dec 4, 2002

Sneaking Mission posted:

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006

FMguru posted:

once again the concept of the ensemble cast is trashed

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

Amethyst posted:

yeah his recent stuff is painful

"gee whiz isn't silicon valley amazing!?"

I havent read any of his new stuff, but i remember hearing he literally said something like "im not writing sci fi any more cause its all pretty much reality now" and imo thats kinda cool

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

reallyprettymad posted:

I havent read any of his new stuff, but i remember hearing he literally said something like "im not writing sci fi any more cause its all pretty much reality now" and imo thats kinda cool

"welp everything i wrote about came true, and there's no possible way i could have a new idea about anything"

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011
Well i dint mean about his writing i just mean in general, like rate of tech dvelopment is fast enough that a sci fi writer can literally live to see his stories become contemporary fiction

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
yeah but that was happening fifty years ago

i mean i understand what gibson's saying and it is kinda cool, but it doesn't really justify his crappy new books

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Sneaking Mission posted:

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
started on She Is the Darkness and they're rolling on down to siege that first city right as winter is setting in, this poo poo better be awesome and reminiscent of the first few books

also i don't mind murgen but i dislike how distant croaker has become

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
to be fair googles and iphones ARE far flung magical sci fi technology by 80s standards

toby
Dec 4, 2002

BonzoESC posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQVc79FE5Bo

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
i admit its pretty crazy that we can have an encyclopedia of everything in our pockets at all times

Hamboning
May 2, 2010

CHARONS BOAT RIDER posted:

Dark Heresy owns

Cylon Dinner Party
Dec 2, 2003

bored now.

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

iawtp

new watson owns pretty hard too

Martin Freeman's Watson makes Jude Law look bad

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>

relative_q posted:

got the chris foss book today. it's loving beautiful. here are some lovely cell phone pics of random pages.

seriously this poo poo is like $20 on amazon right now; if you don't buy this you're probably dumb.

lol looks like a preorder bonus for some computer game

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Kirk posted:

i admit its pretty crazy that we can have an encyclopedia of everything in our pockets at all times

yeah it's a great idea in theory but in reality it just means i open my phone to find myself reading the "gameplay" section of the Singled Out wikipedia page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Trig Discipline posted:

yeah but that was happening fifty years ago

i mean i understand what gibson's saying and it is kinda cool, but it doesn't really justify his crappy new books

I really liked Pattern Recognition and count it as one of his best books actually :shobon:

• Locked thread