Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Yechezkel posted:

You won't have to worry about Chrono Trigger and FFVI. Both games are not coming this week after all :goleft:

That emoticon was made for that post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

R-Type Command and Steambot Chronicles Battle Tournament are 50% off for this week at $7.49 a piece. Hammerin' Hero is $10.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Do people still play Patapon 3 online? Thinking about picking it up but apparently if I buy it used I need to fork out for an online pass. If the MP scene is dead I may as well save the money though and just enjoy the singleplayer.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Pierson posted:

Do people still play Patapon 3 online? Thinking about picking it up but apparently if I buy it used I need to fork out for an online pass. If the MP scene is dead I may as well save the money though and just enjoy the singleplayer.

Pretty much. You can certainly try to look for people who have the game, but the time has gone and passed.

The worst part is a lot of the content is extremely difficult to do in single player/restricted to multiplayer, so welp. :(

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

This is a weird question I guess. My friend and I both picked up some dirt cheap PSP1000s. Is there an aftermarket replacement for the godawful analogue stick? This thing is ridiculously sensitive and difficult to manage. It's making troop movement in Valkyria Chronicles a kinda wasteful and awkward.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

HYMEN.SYS posted:

This is a weird question I guess. My friend and I both picked up some dirt cheap PSP1000s. Is there an aftermarket replacement for the godawful analogue stick? This thing is ridiculously sensitive and difficult to manage. It's making troop movement in Valkyria Chronicles a kinda wasteful and awkward.

I'm sorta looking for something similar. My problem is that my joystick trails off to the upper-left part of the screen, as if I am holding it that way, but I am not. It started only recently but all things considering I cleaned that part of the psp just to make sure nothing was interacting with the joystick to cause this problem. Is it possible it is something unrelated to the hardware?

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

Pierson posted:

I would love to finally play multiplayer, since I missed the boat on the popular phase too
There's a thread for it around somewhere with info on the goon clan but beats me if anyone else still plays

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

XSEED is teasing Grand Knights History for localization on Twitter

They gave a phrase: "A RAVELING NOON SOUL" which they said was an anagram that represents something central to the game.

Then they gave this partially solved solution: _ _ A _ O _ / _ O _ R _ _ / _ N I _ _

The solution? "AVALON LOGRES UNION"

The three nations in Grand Knights History are named Avalon, Logres, and Union

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Never heard of it, is it something worth getting excited about?
(Said by someone who usually appreciates XSEED translating RPGs to English)

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Policenaut posted:

XSEED is teasing Grand Knights History for localization on Twitter

They gave a phrase: "A RAVELING NOON SOUL" which they said was an anagram that represents something central to the game.

Then they gave this partially solved solution: _ _ A _ O _ / _ O _ R _ _ / _ N I _ _

The solution? "AVALON LOGRES UNION"

The three nations in Grand Knights History are named Avalon, Logres, and Union
That's awesome considering how multiplayer focused it is. :)

I hope the multiplayer is on the same servers as the Japanese ones though. I don't see separate NA/international servers having the same population or support.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

ChiTownEddie posted:

Never heard of it, is it something worth getting excited about?
(Said by someone who usually appreciates XSEED translating RPGs to English)

It's a Vanillaware game (same people who did Odin's Sphere and Muramasa: The Demon Blade). That alone gives me reason to buy it, since they have yet to disappoint.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_78WU0nA8O4&hd=1

Here's a trailer for it, if you haven't seen it before.

Really excited for this. It's probably going to be PSP's last big JRPG in America.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Don't go into GKH looking for a deep story or heavy single player component though.

The offline/single player mode is simply a training ground for sending parties to the online War Mode.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

drat, really dissapointed this game is mainly online. I love a good single player RPG.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Scyron posted:

I'm sorta looking for something similar. My problem is that my joystick trails off to the upper-left part of the screen, as if I am holding it that way, but I am not. It started only recently but all things considering I cleaned that part of the psp just to make sure nothing was interacting with the joystick to cause this problem. Is it possible it is something unrelated to the hardware?

This sounds like a standard "replace your analog stick" issue from what I've read. They're only like $6 and not too too hard to replace. I just want one with smoother motion.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

HYMEN.SYS posted:

This sounds like a standard "replace your analog stick" issue from what I've read. They're only like $6 and not too too hard to replace. I just want one with smoother motion.

I can accept that price I guess. Especially with no UDM -> Vita option in the immediate future. I guess on the flip side, I could just rebuy VC2 on PSN for $40 and play that on the vita, if only I was rich.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Wait, online as in Infrastructure or Ad-Hoc? :tinfoil:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Emalde posted:

Wait, online as in Infrastructure or Ad-Hoc? :tinfoil:

Infrastructure.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
More infrastructure games is always a good thing, even though there really isn't much left in the PSP these days.

Speaking of RPGs, though, I finally got around to getting Persona 3 Portable, and I'm really enjoying it. I didn't realize how much time I had sunk into the dungeon until I saved and realized that my save from right before I entered was at 1h 30m, and the one I had just made was at 4 hours.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

XSEED confirms Grand Knights History will localize in North America and Europe this Winter

Available on both UMD and Digital, Infrastructure Mode being localized too, does not require "constant" internet connection.

I love XSEED. First Corpse Party and now this :allears:

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Captain Novolin posted:

More infrastructure games is always a good thing, even though there really isn't much left in the PSP these days.

Speaking of RPGs, though, I finally got around to getting Persona 3 Portable, and I'm really enjoying it. I didn't realize how much time I had sunk into the dungeon until I saved and realized that my save from right before I entered was at 1h 30m, and the one I had just made was at 4 hours.

Don't make a habit of that. Some bad guys have instant kill spells.

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006
And that's the way it was.
I downloaded persona 3 portable and on Media Go and tried to transfer it to my PSP. Always the generic transfer error. I deleted it completely and redownloaded it, cleared more than enough space on my sd card for it, transferred other games after this error. It is always just this game.

The one thing I didn't try is uninstalling media go and starting over but I'd hate to think that would remedy this one game. I imagine this is rare but hope someone has some ideas that I haven't tried yet.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

redreader posted:

Don't make a habit of that. Some bad guys have instant kill spells.

I had two saves running, one for stuff outside the tartarus and one for stuff inside, I usually saved every 2 or 3 floors.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Picked up Eternal Punishment. The game is as good as you can expect a 12 year old JRPG to be. It's a little slow paced, but the big issue for me is that even installed and running off a UMD there are load times before battles and sometimes when opening the menus. Still a fun game though.

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

Fumaofthelake posted:

Picked up Eternal Punishment. The game is as good as you can expect a 12 year old JRPG to be. It's a little slow paced, but the big issue for me is that even installed and running off a UMD there are load times before battles and sometimes when opening the menus. Still a fun game though.

I didnt even know it was out till I read this. Then I got on the PSN and saw it was $40 and almost walked away right there. Then I saw the preview video and realized just how long 12 years is. Maybe if it goes on sale for $10 or something, but $40 is just outrageous.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Truspeaker posted:

but $40 is just outrageous.

That would probably make more sense if it were just the original PSX game, but that's not the case here.

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

Justice posted:

That would probably make more sense if it were just the original PSX game, but that's not the case here.

Hasnt $30 been the standard for PSP games for a while? Its still a 12 year old game even if it is spruced up. They can ask for whatever price they want, but $40 is way too much for any portable game, especially a digital download. Thats how much I spent on Deus Ex a month or so ago, or Gears of War 3 a few days ago. I am sure Persona 2 is worth that to some people, but I sure as hell have no intention of paying that price. God knows the remake of the first Persona wasn't worth it.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
$30 has never been the 'standard' price for PSP or handheld games this generation. The English PSN doesn't sell games cheaper than their UMD versions. I get the feeling you don't shop around an awful lot, or you wouldn't say these things.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

There are some PSN games in North America that sell cheaper than the UMD versions, it's just nowhere near the same level that Japan's PSN goes about things.

Some games are still grossly overpriced though (i.e. Kenka Bancho $20 retail, $40 PSN)

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

Justice posted:

$30 has never been the 'standard' price for PSP or handheld games this generation. The English PSN doesn't sell games cheaper than their UMD versions. I get the feeling you don't shop around an awful lot, or you wouldn't say these things.

I have, and enjoy, my PSP Go. I have a 1000 lying around, but I really like the way the Go feels and really hate UMDs. So the PSN is the price. I dont know what the gently caress you mean about not shopping around, the PSN is the PSN, there is exactly zero other places to get digital games. No poo poo I would love to shop around and not pay stupid prices for games. There are plenty of games being released on the PSN for $20, they didnt have to set the price at $40. I think its a stupidly large price and just wont play that particular game.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Yeah, I'm also a loyal Go user. I also have a 1000 lying around that I could pirate whatever poo poo I wanted to on, but I don't loving care. I love the form-factor and convenience of my Go, and there are far more great AAA titles than I could ever play on PSN for perfectly reasonable prices.

Sometimes I have to wait for newer releases to drop, but they all happen eventually.

The only thing that annoys me is that some older stuff like the Wipeouts, and Gradius Collection are still pricier. I dumped all my UMDs when I got my Go.

edit: I think the main problem with the Go was that regular PSPs were thoroughly cracked at the time, so no one could justify the locked platform. I think homebrew runs on Gos now, but I'm kind of over emulation by this point.

XionPi
May 8, 2006

teethgrinder posted:

edit: I think the main problem with the Go was that regular PSPs were thoroughly cracked at the time, so no one could justify the locked platform. I think homebrew runs on Gos now, but I'm kind of over emulation by this point.

The main problems were the unfounded premium price and the fact that many games were and still are missing from the PSN. Then there was the lack of a UMD transfer method, so everyone had to rebuy any games they had on UMD (at usually overly high prices).

But now that it has a CFW and ISO loader, it's now an awesome ultra-portable device that plays the entire PSP library.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I'm just waiting for the Vita to come and hoping it explodes into a super smash hit, destroying the used PSP market and Amazon will be clearing out games at .99 cents.

A man can dream... :gbsmith:

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I'm just waiting for the Vita to come and hoping it explodes into a super smash hit, destroying the used PSP market and Amazon will be clearing out games at .99 cents.

A man can dream... :gbsmith:

When I import a Vita and have finished all my PSP games, expect to see them up in AwfulMart.

I rarely get around to playing old games once I've beaten them, unless they're Japanese and I feel like they'd be good practice. There's always more Kanji to look up.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Justice posted:

You're really defensive of your mediocre overpriced game, but a quick look at the PSP section of the official Playstation site tells you "From $9.99 Favorites to $29.99 New Releases." Standard.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Is it okay to mention that a lot of retailers sell digital download vouchers for cheaper than their PSN price. I am not entirely sure what titles as it is usually via sale or something. I know for a while Amazon had Fat princess:FoC for PSN $15 a couple weeks before it went on sale on the PSN, for a limited time.

But I get what the guy is saying for buying digital titles. I am currently faced with rebuying VC2, if I can't unfuck my joystick. Even still, I want to get a vita, why would I lug my psp around with me too.

edit; poo poo I just thought of a real problem, my current PSP has 32gigs, vita wont have that much storage any time around launch, nor will it be cheap. I'm going to have to cut down on a lot of the content I want to lug around with me.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

I seem to remember reading somewhere that there will be 16gb memory sticks at release. You're right about it not being cheap, though, I think it was like $80 for a 16gb card. :(

I've managed to find the occasional psn game cheap in stores, unfortunately they're always games I already have.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Scyron posted:

edit; poo poo I just thought of a real problem, my current PSP has 32gigs, vita wont have that much storage any time around launch, nor will it be cheap. I'm going to have to cut down on a lot of the content I want to lug around with me.

Vita's launching with 4, 8, 16, and 32GB Memory Card options.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Policenaut posted:

Vita's launching with 4, 8, 16, and 32GB Memory Card options.

Not to keep a derail, but has a price been set yet? Is it possible this memory will be combined like 2x 16gig micro SD like current psps?

I think I can stuff my content into 16gigs, as I do have 6gigs free on my phone, if need be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If it uses the same card slot as the PSP, I'm sure as heck not buying a new card. I'll just use an adapter. gently caress Sony and gently caress their overpriced poo poo.

• Locked thread