Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I vote C

Best Name

Thus Best Option. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
G

Never miss a chance to make Capellans cry. :colbert:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Bad Moon posted:

I bet Defiance Industries would design some mighty fine omnimechs for Ghost Bears to pilot.

You knuckle-draggers don't even use money. House Brewer will see Hesperus burned to ashes before that happens.

Even the Word of Blake used money. The Clans are even worse than that because they just make you their slaves.

Urcinius
Mar 27, 2010

Chapter Master of the
Woobie Marines
G

Carbolic
Apr 19, 2007

This song is about how America chews the working man up and spits him in the dirt to die
C!

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
Current vote count-
A)0
B)3
C)34
D)0
E)9
F)5
G)17

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Outnumbered two to one.

Just like the clans will be, once Operation Galahad mobilizes the FedSuns military.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

G.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Defiance Industries posted:

You knuckle-draggers don't even use money. House Brewer will see Hesperus burned to ashes before that happens.

Even the Word of Blake used money. The Clans are even worse than that because they just make you their slaves.
Clanners use the Kerensky :eng101:

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

landcollector posted:

Current vote count-
A)0
B)3
C)34
D)0
E)9
F)5
G)17

drat. I wish I could change my vote to G. C'est la vie.

PTN, do us a favor. If you're going to include an option with the word "Operation" in the title somewhere, give all of them an "Operation: Something Cool" name. Preferably within a similar theme.

Goons are like magpies, and easily-attracted to an Operation: Coolname. I suspect that if G were Operation: Mordred or something, it would be garnering more votes; likewise if E were Operation: Camelot.

Mousus
Apr 9, 2009
G, the perfect time to open a second front is when your other enemy is distracted and has just ceded territory.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

May I change my vote? You G-proponents have been very convincing, and I wish to change my vote from C to G. If I'm not allowed to change, that's cool too of course.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
It feels like everyone wants to change their vote to the awesome vote. C'mon PTN, just this once. Sian needs to burn beneath the feet of a thousand JagerMechs.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

KnoxZone posted:

It feels like everyone wants to change their vote to the awesome vote. C'mon PTN, just this once. Sian needs to burn beneath the feet of a thousand JagerMechs.

I am not going through 4-5 pages of the thread to recalculate vote totals.

landcollector fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Sep 22, 2011

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

pun pundit posted:

May I change my vote? You G-proponents have been very convincing, and I wish to change my vote from C to G. If I'm not allowed to change, that's cool too of course.

I now, fraction put up a good case for G, but I have to admit it would be annoying to tally, and then retally them if i was PTN.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

landcollector posted:

I am not going through 4-5 pages of the thread to recalculate vote totals.

I had to do it when I was tallying some of the previous votes. It is a bit time consuming, but not that bad to scan a voters post history if they say they are changing their vote. I could definitely do it for this one, too.

Gregen
Jun 12, 2010
I'm going to vote for G.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
A Vote for C is a vote for WarMechGames!

And everyone seems to be ignoring the unmentioned woman in Buddhaboy's entourage. I bet she's a 'gift' to the prince who's secretly an assassin with orders to kill him if he betrays the Kurita's, but will become secretly secretly in love with Hanse and not kill him, except that she's secretly secretly secretly been a spy for the ComStar the whole time.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Nevets posted:

And everyone seems to be ignoring the unmentioned woman in Buddhaboy's entourage. I bet she's a 'gift' to the prince who's secretly an assassin with orders to kill him if he betrays the Kurita's, but will become secretly secretly in love with Hanse and not kill him, except that she's secretly secretly secretly been a spy for the ComStar the whole time.

More likely she's an ISF plant there to make sure "Uncle Chandy" doesn't do anything stupid, and he failed to mention her as a snub pretends she's not there because quietly exposing the obvious spy and disassociating yourself with it is probably the only way he can gain any real brownie points with the Davions right now.

Or it's something else entirely.

Rhobot Mk. II
Jan 15, 2008
Mk. II: Bigger, longer, uncut robo-cock.
Voting G.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
G

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Voting C, just because it sounds cool.

Malick23
Sep 10, 2001
I bought all my friends forum accounts and all I got was this lousy custom title
G

gently caress the Capellans and their Fu Manchu comic book villainous bullshit.

A vote for G is a chance to give PTN the option to do something the BTech writers never had the nuts to do, kill an Inner Sphere power.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Voting E because I'm a sucker for stories where enemies put aside their differences to face a common foe.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
For people who aren't into the universe, Uncle Chandy's whole thing is that he's pretty much the cleverest magnificent bastard in the entirety of House Kurita's history.

Except that being a clever magnificent bastard isn't particularly a samurai ideal, nor is being an obvious threat to Takashi's power (that he, at least in the prime universe, had no interest in).

So he feigns being a fat goon all his life and contents himself with running corporations and being one of the biggest (heh) information brokers in the sphere.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Der Waffle Mous posted:

So he feigns being a fat goon all his life and contents himself with running corporations and being one of the biggest (heh) information brokers in the sphere.

He was also personally responsible for sewing discontent among the Clans' merchant castes (how? by trading with them) so I credit him both with Clan Nova Cat's eventual defection and the Clan Diamond Shark's general trollishness willingness to design samurai-themed 'Mechs to sell to House Kurita.

Edit: Hurf-durf, just realized I called the St. Ives Commonality the St. Ives Compact.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 22, 2011

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

Nevets posted:

A Vote for C is a vote for WarMechGames!

I don't see "Interstellar Thermonuclear War" on that list anywhere. I am a sad goon.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

I don't see "Interstellar Thermonuclear War" on that list anywhere. I am a sad goon.

Screw the WoB.

Also, G

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Captain Foo posted:

Screw the WoB.

They were Myndo Waterley's legacy. Even in death, she still hosed everything up.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

PoptartsNinja posted:

They were Myndo Waterley's legacy. Even in death, she still hosed everything up.

Myndo is dead?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Affi posted:

Myndo is dead?

In the FASA timeline Precentor Martial Focht basically had enough of her crazy techno-religious bullshit and fragged her.

As for this timeline...I think it's still up in the air.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Affi posted:

Myndo is dead?

I think he means in the canon timeline. Even though Focht shot her in the back, the divisions Myndo made in Comstar created the Word of Blake.

As far as in PTN's timeline? We don't know yet. Best case? She's dead. Worst case? She's in a Hell's Horses interrogation cell spilling her guts.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Angry_Ed! :argh:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I like to refer to those as 'Better Case' and 'Best Case'

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

while we are asking political questions is Michael Hasek-Davion still around in the PTN universe?

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Taerkar posted:

I like to refer to those as 'Better Case' and 'Best Case'

I'd agree, but only on the proviso that 'spilling her guts' is literal.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Arquinsiel posted:

Clanners use the Kerensky :eng101:

Illegal for civilians to possess. Naturally the punishment is death.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Voting G, let's get this madness rolling!

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

jng2058 posted:

I think he means in the canon timeline. Even though Focht shot her in the back, the divisions Myndo made in Comstar created the Word of Blake.
Hey, hey, hey! He shot her right in the front.

Of the head....

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
Current vote count-
A)0
B)3
C)36
D)0
E)10
F)5
G)25

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Arquinsiel posted:

Hey, hey, hey! He shot her right in the front.

Of the head....

No, it was in the back. I don't have my copy of Lost Destiny handy, but if I recall the scene correctly, after Focht rejects her offer to become Archon she says that his warrior ethos won't let him shoot her in the back, turns her back on him and starts to walk out, with the parting shot that Blake's dream must be realized.

He replies with a line that I must have liked since I can remember it even now, "Lunatic dreams become nightmare reality for the sane." Then he plugs her twice in the back with a needler.

You may be thinking it was a head shot because the announced cause of death was a cerebral hemorrhage, but it was a back shot all the same.

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 23, 2011

• Locked thread