Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Also announced: The Witcher 2 is $10 off permanently, and will temporarily lose another :10bux: next Thursday to mark the new patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Help GOG get 6 million downloads, and Broken Sword will be free for those with an account! Also the 6 millionth downloader gets the whole catalog for free.
http://www.gog.com/en/news/help_us_achieve_6_million_downloads_milestone

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Goddamn GOG I don't need IWD2, I haven't even played the first one I bought from you ages ago! :gonk:

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
GOG is awesome, everybody buy from GOG. (All hail GOG)

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Zeether posted:

Please oh please let it be LucasArts so we can have TIE Fighter and X-Wing. I'd love to play both.
Both work perfectly in DOSBox already, so there's nothing really stopping you from playing them right now.

I play them all of the time in Boxer. :)

Star War Sex Parrot fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 22, 2011

StickySweater
Feb 7, 2008
What those games really need is a makeover / modest remake. There was talk about that a few years ago, but it was just talk, nothing official. That seemed to dissolve pretty quickly.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

StickySweater posted:

What those games really need is a makeover / modest remake.
You'd be surprised. Compared to other early 3D games, TIE Fighter's gameplay holds up remarkably well. The graphics don't phase me at all. Sure there's potential for them to look great if they were remade, but LucasArts would invariably gently caress it up by introducing tons of prequel ships and such.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

StickySweater posted:

What those games really need is a makeover / modest remake. There was talk about that a few years ago, but it was just talk, nothing official. That seemed to dissolve pretty quickly.

I think we've all seen the results of Lucas-related projects adding improved effects to existing products. :rimshot:

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

There's the Win95 remakes with canned John Williams tracks (no IMUSE :() and the graphics engine from X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter, but they were pretty awkward to get running in something as basic as Windows XP.

I heard some talk somewhere some time about the campaigns being ported for X-Wing Alliance, anyone know anything about that?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I know there is a thread for the old D&D games, but what are the highly suggested mods for these games. I know there is a mod that merges the two Balduk Gates together, but beyond that I rather ask goons on what to use.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Rirse posted:

I know there is a thread for the old D&D games, but what are the highly suggested mods for these games. I know there is a mod that merges the two Balduk Gates together, but beyond that I rather ask goons on what to use.

EasyTutu. To the BG2 thread with you. :colbert:

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

scamtank posted:

There's the Win95 remakes with canned John Williams tracks (no IMUSE :() and the graphics engine from X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter, but they were pretty awkward to get running in something as basic as Windows XP.

I heard some talk somewhere some time about the campaigns being ported for X-Wing Alliance, anyone know anything about that?

I only know of the TIE Fighter conversion, apparently it has battles 1-7 playable. Not sure if development is active any longer, I imagine not.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

scamtank posted:

The Windows 95 versions are also missing some cutscenes, so as far as I'm concerned the Collector's CD-ROM DOS editions are still definitive.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
Does the D&D classic sale scale also applies to gift copies?

frogg
May 20, 2006

walrus bottle

Al Baron posted:

Does the D&D classic sale scale also applies to gift copies?

I posted this in the Steam thread (oops) but yeah, it looks like anyone who owns the full pack can gift at discount prices.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

The MSJ posted:

Help GOG get 6 million downloads, and Broken Sword will be free for those with an account! Also the 6 millionth downloader gets the whole catalog for free.
http://www.gog.com/en/news/help_us_achieve_6_million_downloads_milestone

I hope they have an alternative game for users that already own Broken Sword (since I do)

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
For people who run games in Boxer, is there a record feature in it? I never managed to get recording with Dosbox to work right

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

frogg posted:

I posted this in the Steam thread (oops) but yeah, it looks like anyone who owns the full pack can gift at discount prices.

Don't suppose you can gift copies to people with the discounted rate?

frogg
May 20, 2006

walrus bottle

Rirse posted:

Don't suppose you can gift copies to people with the discounted rate?

I sure can. I just gifted Al Baron a bunch of games at the full discount rate. If you can Paypal me the final total on my Gog checkout screen (as a gift to avoid fees) then I can surely hook you up.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

frogg posted:

I sure can. I just gifted Al Baron a bunch of games at the full discount rate. If you can Paypal me the final total on my Gog checkout screen (as a gift to avoid fees) then I can surely hook you up.

FYI Using Paypal with gifting is really frowned upon in SAMart (you get banned) thanks to people ripping each other off.

Mq
Jul 7, 2005
Lazy fat bastard
What do you think about the new promo system? I hope it doesn't always start at 20% discount. I like picking up just a game or two with 50% off.

According to GOG forums they wanted to reveal the next publisher but had to pull out the slides at the last minute.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Mq posted:

According to GOG forums they wanted to reveal the next publisher but had to pull out the slides at the last minute.

That would explain why the GOG bit of the conference was so light in actual content.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

frogg posted:

I would love to take advantage of this possibility to get Torment for ridiculously cheap. Once I'm on an actual computer and not my cell phone, let's do it. :)

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Mq posted:

What do you think about the new promo system? I hope it doesn't always start at 20% discount. I like picking up just a game or two with 50% off.
I've pretty much avoided buying anything I didn't get at least a 40-50% discount for on GOG, so it means they'll have to offer up some decent stuff at the same time for me to make purchases. Otherwise I'll just wait for Christmas sales or I guess get people who own everything to gift them.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Mq posted:

As with most of these "Up to XX% off" sales in recent memory, I hate being pushed into buying more than I want to, so I don't buy anything at all.

This type of sale doesn't fly with me.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Levitate posted:

For people who run games in Boxer, is there a record feature in it? I never managed to get recording with Dosbox to work right
Not that I've found.

edit: Apparently there is!

http://boxerapp.com/guide/shortcuts

edit 2: It doesn't work for me, and release notes for the 1.0 alpha that I found say it was removed.

Star War Sex Parrot fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 22, 2011

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Saoshyant posted:

That would explain why the GOG bit of the conference was so light in actual content.

In addition to this, I'm curious to when/how they are going to announce the next batch of EA games.

Oh and the next publisher is LucasArts. Don't argue with me. We all know it. :colbert:

EDIT:

Mq posted:

Where did you see this? Link?

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Sep 22, 2011

frogg
May 20, 2006

walrus bottle

Zat posted:

I would love to take advantage of this possibility to get Torment for ridiculously cheap. Once I'm on an actual computer and not my cell phone, let's do it. :)

Sure, go ahead and add me on Steam if you'd like or just PM.

Two Three Four satisfied customers so far and I'd be glad to help anyone else. :v:

Armor-Piercing posted:

I've pretty much avoided buying anything I didn't get at least a 40-50% discount for on GOG, so it means they'll have to offer up some decent stuff at the same time for me to make purchases. Otherwise I'll just wait for Christmas sales or I guess get people who own everything to gift them.

This is basically me as well, I just ended up pulling the trigger on the final $34 pricepoint since I've been waiting forever for some of these titles to go on sale and when they do I'd always hesitated or missed out on them somehow.

That discount slider and checkbox system is pure evil, "oh for only fifteen cents more I can get another game...If I buy all this other crap that I wasn't sure about getting yeah sure ok fine" :suicide:

frogg fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 4, 2012

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!
This new system will probably just end up making me buy less from gog. I would have bought a couple titles today if it was just a straight 50% discount.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Smol posted:

D&D games up to 60% off this weekend.

Oh God that's almost my entire wishlist :gonk: I need to spend less money on eating out anyway.

E: I don't even want Demon Stone or Dragonshard but it's only an extra $2.50 more to buy both of them. Those crafty Poles :argh:

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Sep 22, 2011

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

Just got my great new Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick. Anyone got a guide for setting up the Wing Commander games to work with it? I already had enough problems getting WC1 to work (unsatisfactorily) with a gamepad, and I really don't want to have to keep fiddling.

Mq
Jul 7, 2005
Lazy fat bastard

Boondock Saint posted:

Where did you see this? Link?

quote:

You know how I said that we tried really hard to tell you guys who our next big publisher is? We had to take the slides out of the deck this mornig. :(

People will jump for joy when we finally *do* announce it, though.

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/all_dandd_classics_up_to_60_off_this_weekend_during_our_3rd_birthday_celebration/page3

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

I've said it before, but it bears repeating: Temple of Elemental Evil is totally worth buying. It wasn't at launch, and wasn't by the time Troika shut down, but the Circle Of Eight Pack has turned it into a pretty great (if unflinchingly hardcore) classic D&D romp. Part enormous fan-patch, part expansion, it's essential if you're even thinking of playing the game.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Wait is this kind of sliding discount scale sale supposed to be common in the future?

I really don't like it. The one where you can get an extra 10/20% for buying a whole set is tolerable, but I really don't like this type of sale they're doing with D&D.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

That's all the confirmation I need that it's LA. "*Do*"

frogg
May 20, 2006

walrus bottle

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Wait is this kind of sliding discount scale sale supposed to be common in the future?

I really don't like it. The one where you can get an extra 10/20% for buying a whole set is tolerable, but I really don't like this type of sale they're doing with D&D.

I agree. I'm hoping it's just a temporary thing as well. They're trying to hit the 6 million sales mark before the year is over so this may just be a way to offer their biggest sellers as a massive bundle to boost those numbers and hit their (rather impressive) goal.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
Well there goes $30. :( This is the first time the DnD games have gone on sale since they were released, isn't it?

Mq
Jul 7, 2005
Lazy fat bastard

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The news post says they are "testing" the new system. People on GOG forums are kinda making GBS threads on it as well so maybe they'll scrap it.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Buy Planescape: Torment you fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Thanks frogg for hooking me up with the discount. Saved me about five bucks doing that.