Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nervana
Dec 9, 2010
so i missed the little bit on soccertriads and the rest, sorry for bringing this up again, but "authetic looking" aside, how is the quality of the uniform?

i dont mind too much if the lettering and stuff is a little off, but i want to wear (and wash) the uniform when i play, etc. so i want to know if it will disintegrate on me in the washer. any letters peeling off, or shirt coming loose, stuff like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
There was a little bit of discussion a few pages back. Check out:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3128063&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=194#post394385740
and
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3128063&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=195#post394634441

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
The ones I've ordered from soccertriads were not something I enjoy to play in. They are more suited to wearing to a match or bar but the material is not the same as an authentic. They don't stretch and feel rough to the skin. Just get an Adidas or Nike generic jersey for the same price but much higher quality material.

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

I got caught up in the excitement of owning a new kit and completely ignored the plain but high quality teamwear option. I might order from teamsport90.com instead. Good call.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Kwagga posted:

nice. I saved up for 4 months to buy that back in the day. and it doesn't even fit me that well

maybe you should get the new shaktar kit from some posts up, that should be about the right size hth

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

ephex posted:

maybe you should get the new shaktar kit from some posts up, that should be about the right size hth

t:mad:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Thanatus posted:

Do Adidas jerseys from shootjerseys come with that little emblem at the bottom of the shirt? I noticed on the previous page that a post said that the jersey he received didn't come with it, but I was wondering if that was just the case of the shirt.

Nah, none of them did. They don't seem to have copied the shirts from actual original shirts, like soccer triads seem to have done, more that they saw them on the internet and re-made them. They look alright but are missing all the little details.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
Portsmouth third

It would be fine I guess but it really highlights how lovely that chest piece bit makes it look

Also that stitching on the outside of the seams is loving appalling

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
It looks like one of the Saints away kits they had a few years back

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Yeah, I have a Lotto shirt with that type of stitching and it looks like crap

Kempo
Oct 8, 2006

My Real Madrid shirt turned up from Soccer Triads, couldn't be happier for the price. Had a look at a legit one in JD and it's bang on, even down to the Adidas hologram at the bottom. It has the "RM" embossed into the back of the collar which was the one detail I thought might be left out, the only extremely slight defect is the printing on the plastic badge itself is off to the side by probably less than half a milimeter, if it didn't have lines engraved where the paint should line up I'd never know.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

QPR have a sponsor now.

It happens to be Malaysia Air and AirAsia, one airline now operated by Tony Fernandes and another owned directly by him. Funny, that. There's a terrible line in their press release about attracting major Asian companies...being owned by them helps.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

harperdc posted:

QPR have a sponsor now.

It happens to be Malaysia Air and AirAsia, one airline now operated by Tony Fernandes and another owned directly by him. Funny, that. There's a terrible line in their press release about attracting major Asian companies...being owned by them helps.

Not really any different to the deal City got, apart from QPR getting far less money.

Dan Hollis
Jun 16, 2006

Surprise!!!

Nikolai Fuckharin posted:

Portsmouth third

Looks like a Doctor has marked this kit in preparation for lipo-suction/breast augmentation.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

harperdc posted:

QPR have a sponsor now.

Better than being sponsored by Under Armour.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Mandalay posted:

Better than being sponsored by Under Armour.

What's wrong about being sponsored by Under Armour?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Weaponized Cum posted:

What's wrong about being sponsored by Under Armour?

It was a tongue-in-cheek jab at Maryland's uniform since harperdc is also into college football and his school has a fabled relationship with Nike.

I digress:
http://i.imgur.com/EIAnD.jpg

e: changed to link, that's loving big

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

Nikolai Fuckharin posted:

Portsmouth third

Looks like someone drew giant cock on the shirt.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

hecko posted:

Probably whoever designed that shirt.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Mandalay posted:

It was a tongue-in-cheek jab at Maryland's uniform since harperdc is also into college football and his school has a fabled relationship with Nike.

I digress:

Adidas schools are the best schools.

Bizzy_g
Sep 3, 2004
fix up, look sharp

Dilkington posted:

Does anyone know how reliable Shoot Jerseys are when it comes to player names? I think I'm going to order about five kits from them.

a bit late but I just got some shirts from them, got a black brazil shirt with hulk on it, the style is the same as the adidas spain 2010 shirts but looks decent enough and they print the number on the shorts too which is a nice touch, its not amazing but for about £12 you cant argue

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

hecko posted:

Can't unsee this anymore. Thanks.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mandalay posted:

I digress:

"fabled relationship" puts it mildly.

and I just thought all the QPR stuff was funny, especially in how they phrased it all. Trying to pretend they didn't just provide ad space for their new owners, something like that.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Bizzy_g posted:

a bit late but I just got some shirts from them, got a black brazil shirt with hulk on it, the style is the same as the adidas spain 2010 shirts but looks decent enough and they print the number on the shorts too which is a nice touch, its not amazing but for about £12 you cant argue

Are the names/numbers on the black kit printed in black like they were in the promo photos from ages ago? Cos that looked really good.

Bizzy_g
Sep 3, 2004
fix up, look sharp
nope mine were done in white

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.
I hope it's okay to ask this sort of thing here, but is there any stateside online retailer that carries J-League 1 team kits? I have been wanting to grab a Cerezo Osaka home shirt for ages and Google has been of no use.

I can probably wrangle friends overseas into tracking one down for me and shipping it over, but I'd really like to avoid that hassle if at all possible. I'd even be cool with a UK shop if they'll ship to Canada.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
So Soccertriads tell me they have no idea when they'll ever have the Newcastle top in stock and as funny as it is that http://www.footballkitstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_38&products_id=58 is only available in XL I'm unfortunately not the typical fat Newcastle fan.

I'd go for a proper one but heard they're absolutely wank quality so might as well pay gently caress all for a knock off.

Also, for people who do much running, how are these for long distance runs?

Jose fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 22, 2011

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Jose posted:

So Soccertriads tell me they have no idea when they'll ever have the Newcastle top in stock and as funny as it is that http://www.footballkitstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_38&products_id=58 is only available in XL I'm unfortunately not the typical fat Newcastle fan.

I'd go for a proper one but heard they're absolutely wank quality so might as well pay gently caress all for a knock off.

Also, for people who do much running, how are these for long distance runs?

I actually played soccer/misc active games for 3 hours in one of the cheap soccertriads kits and it was awful. The material feels just a bit rougher and by the end my nipples and arm pits really hurt from chaffing. I assume that doesn't happen with the high quality legit kits footballers are obviously able to run 5+ miles for an hour and a half in it ok.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Well, ordered an Atletico Madrid away top from soccertriads. Lets hope its not too painful at the gym.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Jose posted:

Well, ordered an Atletico Madrid away top from soccertriads. Lets hope its not too painful at the gym.

fwiw, I have an old Man City shirt from soccertriads (the black with gold shoulder-slash-things) and it's made of a material that feels like an old t-shirt. It's never left my nipples raw and I've gone 90 mins in a pug wearing it.

Of course, it was imitating Umbro material, which is never the same plasticy-sweat-removing stuff Adidas and Nike use, but hope springing eternal and all that.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Depends on the manufacturer they are aping, like black.lion said. I went for a 40 mile bike ride in a soccertriads "Nike Dri Fit" shirt from last year and I was absolutely miserable. It didn't breathe at all, it got pretty itchy, and I had the chafing too. I have a real Nike shirt from last year and it's really great to ride or run with that.

My triads Puma shirt from last year though is really comfortable.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
You people are a bunch of scruffs.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

c0burn posted:

You people are a bunch of scruffs.

I've been told by a friend the real Newcastle top is incredibly shittily made, not that that is particularly a surprise and it is absolutely not worth paying for.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.

Jose posted:

If the shirt is bothering you while working out, remember men in a fabled time long ago used to play in cotton shirts.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

grvm posted:

If the shirt is bothering you while working out, remember men in a fabled time long ago used to play in cotton shirts.

And now those men are dead. Coincidence?

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.

Kwagga posted:

And now those men are dead. Coincidence?

atleast they died proud.. and probably with chaffed nipples.

Lowden Swain
Jul 11, 2006
can't hold his mud

grvm posted:

atleast they died proud.. and probably with chaffed nipples.

Brave men who died with their boots band-aids on.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

New Sydney kit is looking good in action

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

my stepdads beer posted:

New Sydney kit is looking good in action

My God that shits all over our old kits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Apparently Barcelona aren't enjoying playing in their new Nike kits; maybe the soccertriads' shirts aren't so poorly produced after all.