Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Disco De Soto posted:

Wow this does look pretty amazing with everything installed. The atmosphere of the original game is even better now. Only problem is I get 10-15 FPS. Pretty funny, since I can run Fallout New Vegas at max settings with lots of mods. Guess I need to turn down some settings.

But yeah the depth of field takes a bit of getting used to.

You can get away with lowering a lot of MGE / MGE-XE settings to increase performance with minimal visual impact. Beyond that, you have to remember that you're working with an old version of the Gamebryo engine and no occlusion culling. Even high-end PCs can have trouble running a fully-modded Morrowind, so don't feel too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You can get away with lowering a lot of MGE / MGE-XE settings to increase performance with minimal visual impact. Beyond that, you have to remember that you're working with an old version of the Gamebryo engine and no occlusion culling. Even high-end PCs can have trouble running a fully-modded Morrowind, so don't feel too bad.

I get 60 FPS when looking through my inventory and reading books, so maybe I should just do that the whole game!

Seriously though, the only way I can make the game playable is to tick the box that says "Disable internal version of MWSE". I thought that would screw up a lot of mods, but I can't see any difference yet. Any idea what that will screw up?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Disco De Soto posted:

I get 60 FPS when looking through my inventory and reading books, so maybe I should just do that the whole game!

Seriously though, the only way I can make the game playable is to tick the box that says "Disable internal version of MWSE". I thought that would screw up a lot of mods, but I can't see any difference yet. Any idea what that will screw up?

I've never been sure about that option, to be entirely honest. I have noticed an increase in general performance by telling MGE-XE to cap my framerate to 45 FPS, however. Try that out and see if it helps at all.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I've never been sure about that option, to be entirely honest. I have noticed an increase in general performance by telling MGE-XE to cap my framerate to 45 FPS, however. Try that out and see if it helps at all.

Yeah capping my framerate to 30 or 100 doesn't seem to make much difference. Neither does lowering any of the world textures resolution, mesh details etc.

The only things that really work for me are dramatically reducing draw distance (which looks stupid and only adds about 5 FPS) and disabling the internal MWSE, which lifts my framerate to 15-60, depending how fast I turn around.

The only thing that seems to have been affected by disabling the internal MWSE is Gratuitous Violence - I can't run the configuration menu any more. But i'm not sure.

Which of the shaders makes distant land stuff (like hills and silt striders) cast shadows? It doesn't always look great so I'd like to disable it.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Disco De Soto posted:

Yeah capping my framerate to 30 or 100 doesn't seem to make much difference. Neither does lowering any of the world textures resolution, mesh details etc.

The only things that really work for me are dramatically reducing draw distance (which looks stupid and only adds about 5 FPS) and disabling the internal MWSE, which lifts my framerate to 15-60, depending how fast I turn around.

The only thing that seems to have been affected by disabling the internal MWSE is Gratuitous Violence - I can't run the configuration menu any more. But i'm not sure.

Which of the shaders makes distant land stuff (like hills and silt striders) cast shadows? It doesn't always look great so I'd like to disable it.

I believe that when you're generating distant land, "minimum static size" is what you'd be looking for. It's 150 by default. What that means is that if an object has a size "value" of less than 150, it won't be drawn in distant cells, nor will it generate a dynamic shadow--even up close. So if you raise this value to, say, 400, you can significantly reduce the number of objects and shadows that are drawn and calculated. Conversely, if you set it to a really low value like 25, everything will have a shadow and your PC will probably poo poo itself.

EDIT: Also, like you've figured out, it's definitely good to play around with the number of cells rendered in distant land. I find that a value of 10 or 12 is a nice compromise between performance and visuals. And if you're running mods that add additional script routines to NPCs, reducing AI distance through the in-game slider could help a lot.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 23, 2011

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I believe that when you're generating distant land, "minimum static size" is what you'd be looking for. It's 150 by default. What that means is that if an object has a size "value" of less than 150, it won't be drawn in distant cells, nor will it generate a dynamic shadow--even up close. So if you raise this value to, say, 400, you can significantly reduce the number of objects and shadows that are drawn and calculated. Conversely, if you set it to a really low value like 25, everything will have a shadow and your PC will probably poo poo itself.

My minimum static size was set to 400 by default, but everyone seems to recommend lowering it to 150. I put mine on 250. What do you set your "medium" and "far" static size to? Mine are on 400 and 800.

I found a weird way to turn off shadows using MGE XE: Bind a "toggle distant statics" key in the macro editor. This currently toggles shadows instead, according to this guide http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1114956-shelter-from-magnus-blaze-2/

When I turned off the internal version of MWSE, it definitely broke Gratuitous Violence. Oh well. Now to figure out what other mods aren't working...

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Disco De Soto posted:

My minimum static size was set to 400 by default, but everyone seems to recommend lowering it to 150. I put mine on 250. What do you set your "medium" and "far" static size to? Mine are on 400 and 800.

I found a weird way to turn off shadows using MGE XE: Bind a "toggle distant statics" key in the macro editor. This currently toggles shadows instead, according to this guide http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1114956-shelter-from-magnus-blaze-2/

When I turned off the internal version of MWSE, it definitely broke Gratuitous Violence. Oh well. Now to figure out what other mods aren't working...

Were you using MGE prior to installing MGE-XE? In that case, it was probably looking at your MGE settings. I know that installing MGE-XE on top of MGE without touching the latter will revert MGE-XE back to true defaults, which is where the 150 (the same value that a lot of people, including the instructions, tell to you set it to.) I never really saw a *huge* difference between the settings (150 compared to 400) except while using grass mods and AA filters, in which case, 150 ate up FPS moreso than 400. I'm not near my other computer right now, but I think the settings are somewhere around 400 and 650 or so for the other two distances.

150 definitely ups the shadow counts that MGE-XE draws, which increases visual quality and showcases one of the big differences between MGE and MGE-XE (besides optimized code.) I think that's the main reason most people recommend that setting.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I finally bought an SA account just so I could participate in this topic, even though I've been lurking for a long time. I just picked up MW again and went through Knot's Morrowind Modding guide which was linked earlier in this thread. I got through it all and it looks fantastic. The problem is the FPS isnt good at all. something like 15 in Seyda Neen, about 20-25 wandering the countryside and Balmora is 10-15. Ive tried playing with some settings but cant seem to get much more.

Here is the hardware Im dealing with: GeForce 260m, Intel Core Duo P9750, 4 GB RAM, and my display (it's a laptop, duh) is wide screen (16.9 in) with a native resolution of 1366x768.

Can anyone give me any ideas of some settings to use as a baseline in XE? Ive already tried dialing grass/groundcover down to 50%? Is anyone using hardware similar to mine and getting good framerates? Or am I just screwed? FWIW, the game seems pretty smooth in terms of playing it but I still feel like I should be getting a little more? BTW I did try capping the FPS, that seemed to help a touch.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
It's a laptop, what do you expect.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Kontradaz posted:

It's a laptop, what do you expect.

Its a gaming laptop that handles a lot of newer games really well. I realize that even some really good cards may not handle XE real well but I feel like I should be at least clearing 20 FPS. No?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

vulturesrow posted:

I finally bought an SA account just so I could participate in this topic, even though I've been lurking for a long time. I just picked up MW again and went through Knot's Morrowind Modding guide which was linked earlier in this thread. I got through it all and it looks fantastic. The problem is the FPS isnt good at all. something like 15 in Seyda Neen, about 20-25 wandering the countryside and Balmora is 10-15. Ive tried playing with some settings but cant seem to get much more.

Here is the hardware Im dealing with: GeForce 260m, Intel Core Duo P9750, 4 GB RAM, and my display (it's a laptop, duh) is wide screen (16.9 in) with a native resolution of 1366x768.

Can anyone give me any ideas of some settings to use as a baseline in XE? Ive already tried dialing grass/groundcover down to 50%? Is anyone using hardware similar to mine and getting good framerates? Or am I just screwed? FWIW, the game seems pretty smooth in terms of playing it but I still feel like I should be getting a little more? BTW I did try capping the FPS, that seemed to help a touch.

Preface: I don't use Knot's Morrowind Modding guide, but I've just checked it out. There is a lot of overlap between the guide and what I do.

One of the bigger determinants of framerate comes from your static meshes (grass, trees), especially on that laptop. Some of Vurt's foliage mods can really hurt your performance, especially when they're combined with Vality's mod to make swamps and forests denser. I'd look at disabling tree mods, regenerating statics, and seeing what the FPS difference is. Obviously you don't want to play the game without any trees whatsoever, but I've noticed some of Vurt's work performs really well while other versions perform like poo poo.

The other is probably draw distance. What is your draw distance set to?

Anti-Aliasing will probably kill you, too, moreso when used on top of MGE / MGE-XE's filters like SSAO and DoF. If you have any AA, disable it.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Preface: I don't use Knot's Morrowind Modding guide, but I've just checked it out. There is a lot of overlap between the guide and what I do.

One of the bigger determinants of framerate comes from your static meshes (grass, trees), especially on that laptop. Some of Vurt's foliage mods can really hurt your performance, especially when they're combined with Vality's mod to make swamps and forests denser. I'd look at disabling tree mods, regenerating statics, and seeing what the FPS difference is. Obviously you don't want to play the game without any trees whatsoever, but I've noticed some of Vurt's work performs really well while other versions perform like poo poo.

The other is probably draw distance. What is your draw distance set to?

Anti-Aliasing will probably kill you, too, moreso when used on top of MGE / MGE-XE's filters like SSAO and DoF. If you have any AA, disable it.

Draw distance is set to like 6 right now. I have a strong suspicion that the combination of Vaility's mod with Vurts may be what is causing a lot of the FPS hit. That said, I'm going to disable anti-aliasing and see if that helps first. One thing I refuse to get rid of is the water stuff and reflection. It looks loving phenomenal.

Do you think it would be worth to clean out my install and try the guide listed in this thread? It seems to be a little less mod-intensive than Knot's.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

vulturesrow posted:

Draw distance is set to like 6 right now. I have a strong suspicion that the combination of Vaility's mod with Vurts may be what is causing a lot of the FPS hit. That said, I'm going to disable anti-aliasing and see if that helps first. One thing I refuse to get rid of is the water stuff and reflection. It looks loving phenomenal.

The only thing that worked for me was to disable MGE XE internal version of Morrowind Script Extender (MWSE). Maybe on some systems it's the mods using MWSE that's killing the frame rate, rather than the grass or draw distance.

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!
One thing to do (which I keep forgetting to put in the OP) in order to determine what's causing your framerate to drop is to bind MGE-XE's toggle functions to different keys in the macro editor (under "In Game"), toggle them on or off, and watch what your framerate does. I've found on my personal computer (which is a somewhat decent laptop I use for 3D rendering, so I feel your pain, vulturesrow) that AA only affects it by 1-2 FPS. LOD is (obviously) the biggest, but MWSE and AI functions will probably be your biggest town-dependent ones, since the engine has to process a lot of different things with a (relatively) large number of NPCs.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

vulturesrow posted:

Do you think it would be worth to clean out my install and try the guide listed in this thread? It seems to be a little less mod-intensive than Knot's.

A draw distance of 6 isn't bad at all. Water caustics / reflection settings don't seem to impact performance much (unless you have MGE water set up to draw reflections for everything.) Disabling AA should definitely lighten your load, though I'm not sure how much. I bet the biggest difference is going to come from the foliage mods you're using.

I figure you should troubleshoot your current setup before scrapping it and starting over with the OP's. At a minimum, you might figure out what mods don't perform well on your laptop, and that will help you pick and choose what you're going with on your next install.

Disco De Soto posted:

The only thing that worked for me was to disable MGE XE internal version of Morrowind Script Extender (MWSE). Maybe on some systems it's the mods using MWSE that's killing the frame rate, rather than the grass or draw distance.

A lot of script intensive or poorly written mods could definitely be causing a bottleneck. If you have a bunch of things checking for conditions 20 times a second, I imagine your performance could be impacted by that.

Musical_Daredevil posted:

One thing to do (which I keep forgetting to put in the OP) in order to determine what's causing your framerate to drop is to bind MGE-XE's toggle functions to different keys in the macro editor (under "In Game"), toggle them on or off, and watch what your framerate does. I've found on my personal computer (which is a somewhat decent laptop I use for 3D rendering, so I feel your pain, vulturesrow) that AA only affects it by 1-2 FPS. LOD is (obviously) the biggest, but MWSE and AI functions will probably be your biggest town-dependent ones, since the engine has to process a lot of different things with a (relatively) large number of NPCs.

This is definitely good advice--get it in the OP!

AA may not have a tremendous impact at lower resolutions like Vulturesrow's setup, but I've noticed that it can really make a difference in areas with high volumes of grass and foliage.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Appreciate the feedback everyone, it is greatly appreciated. I actually went ahead and set up a different directory with an MGSO install and my framerate almost doubled. Im pretty happy with that baseline (anywhere from 20-30fps depending on where Im at). I should be able to tweak from there. I did go light on the grass and tree mods. Some of them are really too much from an aesthtic POV in my opinion but I realize that is somewhat subjective. I have to say that the MGSO installer is pretty slick and its nice to be able to tweak mods that easily.

Even though it all looks great, I do have one issue I need to investigate. When looking up at the sky, I can see some areas where you can essentially see where sky textures are coming together. I do have AA turned off right now, Im not sure if that will help but I am going to give it a whirl. I also noticed when I was in Balmora that the walls of buildings almost have a shimmering type effect going on which is a little disconcerting. Im wondering if that has something to do with the refresh rate I set in MGE.

Again, thanks for all the suggestions. Once I get everything tweaked to my satisfaction I will post some screenies, including captures of my MGE screens. Hopefully it will help others having the issues that I am having. I may even do a separate posts on some of the little things I found that may help those dealing with less capable graphics cards (mine is pretty good for a laptop but lacks the sheer horsepower of a desktop setup; time to make a sales pitch to the wife I suppose).

One question: Do you have to redraw distant lands if you change your draw distance? I dont think you do but I just want to be sure.

Thanks everyone.

PS Death to the DOF shader. gently caress that blurry poo poo.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

vulturesrow posted:

One question: Do you have to redraw distant lands if you change your draw distance? I dont think you do but I just want to be sure.

Nope.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

vulturesrow posted:

Even though it all looks great, I do have one issue I need to investigate. When looking up at the sky, I can see some areas where you can essentially see where sky textures are coming together. I do have AA turned off right now, Im not sure if that will help but I am going to give it a whirl. I also noticed when I was in Balmora that the walls of buildings almost have a shimmering type effect going on which is a little disconcerting. Im wondering if that has something to do with the refresh rate I set in MGE.

Ok I finally realized that first effect mentioned above only happens if the sun is anywhere in my FOV. So Im guessing it has to do with the godray shader. Really not much I do about that one except turn that shader off. Still cant figure out what is causing that shimmer on some of the stuff in Balmora, (mostly walls on buildings and the textures on the sidewalk closest to the canal) but I did notice it only happens when Im moving. Weird.. Anyhow Im going to start bumping up some settings and see what happens.

quote:

PS Death to the DOF shader. gently caress that blurry poo poo.

Yup. Cant believe people actually like this.

EDIT: I got impatient and ramped up two things at a time: turned AA up to 4x and increased the resolution up to 1024x768. Took about 8-10 FPS off my framerate so Im down to about 20 on average. I'm ok with this but I dont want to go any lower. 1024x768 is pretty much non-negotiable so I'm hoping dialing the AA back will get me a few FPS back. I cant get over how good the water looks, I find myself just standing there staring at it. Also, I'm having way too much fun walking around with no clothes on.

vulturesrow fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Sep 27, 2011

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Musical_Daredevil posted:

One thing to do (which I keep forgetting to put in the OP) in order to determine what's causing your framerate to drop is to bind MGE-XE's toggle functions to different keys in the macro editor (under "In Game"), toggle them on or off, and watch what your framerate does.

Yeah I used the "toggle distant statics" key in the macro editor, which actually toggles shadows. That gave me a few extra FPS. Plus some of the shadows looked a bit weird anyway.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Two questions:

I'm still running MGE out of the MSGO utility. Has anyone installed MGE-XE and noticed a significant framerate hit?

Also, now that I have everything set to my liking I was wondering if anyone would care to talk character builds? I like using magic but I know in MW being a pure magic user can be a bit challenging to say the least. I plan to use this character as a pretty much do everything character i.e., all of the main quest plus as much as the open world stuff as I can stomach.

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit

vulturesrow posted:

Two questions:

I'm still running MGE out of the MSGO utility. Has anyone installed MGE-XE and noticed a significant framerate hit?

Also, now that I have everything set to my liking I was wondering if anyone would care to talk character builds? I like using magic but I know in MW being a pure magic user can be a bit challenging to say the least. I plan to use this character as a pretty much do everything character i.e., all of the main quest plus as much as the open world stuff as I can stomach.

Magic characters in Morrowind rule. Just play however you want and set the difficulty slider accordingly (just don't make it too easy).

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

vulturesrow posted:

Two questions:

I can't speak for using MGSO, but in general MGE-XE should perform better than MGE because that's the whole point: The author is going through and optimizing code so that the program runs better. Also, it does dynamic shadows, so that's its other bullet-point.

That being said, MGE-XE freaks out if your in-game Distant Land slider is anything less than maxed out. For some people, this is an issue. So I imagine that if you're trying to switch over to MGE-XE but your PC is already struggling to render distant land, you might hit some speedbumps.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I just wanted to pop in here and say thanks to all of you guys for keeping up and posting all of this modding poo poo. I have spent most of the day following instructions and getting these mods up and running, and the game looks amazing.

Syphilicious!
Jul 26, 2007
My poo poo's all hosed up with the Steam version. Not really, it just loads up the launcher each time I click play from said launcher. Doesn't matter if I go into my steam folder and find the morrowind stuff and launch the Morrowind Launcher, Morrowind.exe, or Morrowind.Original. It all brings up the launcher, which launches the launcher again.

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!

Syphilicious! posted:

My poo poo's all hosed up with the Steam version. Not really, it just loads up the launcher each time I click play from said launcher. Doesn't matter if I go into my steam folder and find the morrowind stuff and launch the Morrowind Launcher, Morrowind.exe, or Morrowind.Original. It all brings up the launcher, which launches the launcher again.

What have you tried so far to fix it? Reinstalling?

Also, do you have any mods installed?

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
One of the things I always hated about Morrowind is that player-made spells cost twice as much magicka as stock spells. Are there any mods that change this? Is it even possible?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I don't care much about enhancing the game graphically, but I'd like to give it a go using the community fixes (and finally getting further than I did many years ago on the Xbox).

So Morrowind Patch Project and Morrowind Code Patch are all I should go for?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

ZeeBoi posted:

I don't care much about enhancing the game graphically, but I'd like to give it a go using the community fixes (and finally getting further than I did many years ago on the Xbox).

My recommendation is to go with the MGSO pack. It's quite easy to install and you can disable or lower a lot of the graphics stuff.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Gotcha, thanks.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

ZeeBoi posted:

Yes, the MPP and MCP are all you really need to root out the vanilla bugs. I'm going to have to disagree with vulturesrow because installing the MGSO for those two fixes is a whole lot of overkill. Granted, it makes the game look better, but that's something you explicitly said you didn't care about, and is pretty much the sole function of MGSO.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

OK, so I installed MGSO, updated to the latest version.

How do I deal with the blue artifacting I see around objects and characters when they're against the water?

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!

ZeeBoi posted:

OK, so I installed MGSO, updated to the latest version.

How do I deal with the blue artifacting I see around objects and characters when they're against the water?

I had this same problem and IIRC I solved it by installing MGE-XE and the water texture.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
At this point which graphics/sound overhaul should I be using, the Morrowind Sound and Graphics Overhaul or the step-by-step guide here?

OSheaman fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 27, 2011

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

OSheaman posted:

At this point which graphics/sound overhaul should I be using, the Morrowind Sound and Graphics Overhaul or the step-by-step guide here?

I've used the second one for my own install and I can attest that it's the cat's meow.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Okay, reinstalled and I crash at a new game. I can make it to the main menu, but when I hit "new game" it hangs for a moment, then crashes to desktop. On Vista, using MGE and MGEXE and the 4GB exe if that changes anything.

Load order:

_001_ Morrowind.esm
_002_ Tribunal.esm
_003_ Bloodmoon.esm
_004_ Morrowind Patch 1.6.5 Beta (BTB Edit).esm
_005_ Texture Fix - Bloodmoon 1.1.esm
_006_ TR_Data.esm
_007_ TR_Map1.esm
_008_ TR_Map2.esm
_009_ GIANTS.esm
_010_ MCA.esm
_011_ Rise of House Telvanni.esm
_012_ Poorly Placed Object Fix.esm
_013_ Texture Fix 2.0.esm
_014_ The Wilderness Mod 2.0 T & B.esm
_015_ _Death's Doorstep V3x.esp
_016_ bcsounds.esp
_017_ Regeneration.esp
_018_ master_index.esp
_019_ Passive_Healthy_Wildlife.esp
_020_ adamantiumarmor.esp
_021_ Siege at Firemoth.esp
_022_ Westly's Master Headpack X.esp
_023_ Scripted_Spells.esp
_024_ Vampire_Embrace.esp
_025_ Better Bodies.esp
_026_ Book Jackets - Bloodmoon.esp
_027_ ASH 2.0.esp
_028_ Better Clothes_v1.1.esp
_029_ Vvardenfell Druglord.esp
_030_ ARJAN_A_Lords_Men_v2.0.esp
_031_ NewBlood_MwTbBm1.1.esp
_032_ CM_Partners_3.0.esp
_033_ CM_Partners_3.0_Child_Upgrade.esp
_034_ GIANTS_Ultimate_Official_Fixes.esp
_035_ CM_Partners_3.0_Guards_Upgrade.esp
_036_ Neo's Unique Creatures.esp
_037_ correctUV Ore Replacer 1.0.esp
_038_ Bloated Caves.esp
_039_ Graphic Herbalism.esp
_040_ Skooma Anonymous.esp
_041_ Graphic Herbalism Extra.esp
_042_ almalexia armor.esp
_043_ Ravenloft_v0502d.esp
_044_ BetterClothesForTB.esp
_045_ WA_Signy_Signposts(!).ESP
_046_ New Veloth's Judgement 2.esp
_047_ Better Skulls.ESP
_048_ Particle Arrow Replacer.esp
_049_ ExcellentMagicSounds.esp
_050_ New Argonian Bodies - Mature.esp
_051_ New Khajiit Bodies - Mature.esp
_052_ UAR_ChodalaBoots.esp
_053_ Psy_IronMeshImprove_Uniques_BME.esp
_054_ Unique Tombs.esp
_055_ Vurt's Solstheim Trees & Bushes Replacer.esp
_056_ Windows Glow - Tribunal Eng.esp
_057_ Uvirith's Legacy_Final_2.0.esp
_058_ Vurt's BC Tree Replacer II.esp
_059_ AtmosphericSoundEffects-3.0-Tribunal.esp
_060_ LeftGloves_Addon_v2.esp
_061_ UniqueFinery.esp
_062_ guarskin_drum_replacer.esp
_063_ UL v2.0 RoHT v1.52 Compatibility.esp
_064_ Unique Jewelry and Accessories.esp
_065_ TLM - Ambient Light + Fog Update.esp
_066_ Private_Mobile_Base4.esp
_067_ Vivec Expansion 2.0.esp
_068_ dracandrosvoice.esp
_069_ TLM - Light Sources (Clearer Lighting).esp
_070_ SirLuthor-Tools.esp
_071_ TLM - Light Sources (Lanterns).esp
_072_ Better_Sounds.esp
_073_ TLM - External Lights Ownership.esp
_074_ ring_teleport v3_Tealpanda.esp
_075_ Gladiator.esp
_076_ PSsorticon.esp
_077_ Unique Banners and Signs.esp
_078_ Clean Abigail's Petshop_v5.5.esp
_079_ Key Replacer Trib & BM.esp
_080_ Complete Morrowind - Tribunal & Bloodmoon.esp
_081_ Statue Replacer - Normal.esp
_082_ Madd Leveler - Base.esp
_083_ Madd Leveler - Madd Caps.esp
_084_ Madd Leveler - Madd Health.esp
_085_ Madd Leveler - Madd Skills.esp
_086_ Madd Leveler - Quest Cap Remover.esp
_087_ Madd Leveler - Vampire Cap Remover.esp
_088_ Erengard Mines.esp
_089_ Windows Glow.esp
_090_ bones.esp
_091_ Vampire Realism II.esp
_092_ Vampire Realism II - TB Add-On.esp
_093_ Vampire Realism II - BM Add-On.esp
_094_ Vampire Realism II - VE Patch.esp
_095_ Barabus' fireplaces 2.esp
_096_ Shieldfx.esp
_097_ NG_New_Carnithus'_Armamentarium.esp
_098_ Windows Glow - Bloodmoon Eng.esp
_099_ SNR_ThievesStep_Standart.esp
_100_ Encumbrancemult50.esp
_101_ More Better Clothes.ESP
_102_ Windows Glow - Raven Rock Eng.esp
_103_ Vurt's Grazelands Trees.esp
_104_ Golden Gold.esp
_105_ Animated Morrowind.esp
_106_ New Voices.esp
_107_ mel_teleportPlugin_1_3.esp
_108_ Sleepers, Awake!.esp
_109_ MCA - Vampire Realism Patch.esp
_110_ MCA - Guards Patch.ESP
_111_ MCA - TR Addon.ESP
_112_ abotWindowsGlow.esp
_113_ ACD_PracticeDummy.esp
_114_ OR_Fang.esp
_115_ sg1_alchemy_book.esp
_116_ Syc_AtHomeAlchemy.esp
_117_ Book Jackets - Morrowind.esp
_118_ Book Jackets - Tribunal.esp
_119_ Z4K_Giants_AddToLev_Patch.esp
_120_ Mashed Lists.esp

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

OSheaman posted:

I actually did both (did the second guide first) and I found MGSO to be much simpler and a little friendlier to my system. The nice thing about MGSO is that it is much each to tweak after you install it. I will say that the guy who put out that guide is very responsive to questions and stuff you have about his guide. He helped me out quite a bit but I ultimately found that using MGSO was just easier in terms of being able to tweak the mods until I found the combination that didnt overtax my graphics card.

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!

Cantorsdust posted:

Okay, reinstalled and I crash at a new game. I can make it to the main menu, but when I hit "new game" it hangs for a moment, then crashes to desktop. On Vista, using MGE and MGEXE and the 4GB exe if that changes anything.

Can your computer play the Bethesda .bik intro movie (the one that MGE has the option to skip)? My guess is a video card compatibility issue.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Just wanted to check in. I came back to this today and figured out that I forgot to add the other three Private Mobile Base .esp's. That was the only problem. Thanks for the help, though.

Edit: Also, I want to throw out a recommendation for the Madd Leveler mod. Simple, no frills level mod that removes caps and removes the x5 bonus for attributes at levelup. Instead, every three skill gains gives you a gain in the attribute that covers that skill. Really simple. Values above 100 are added as "curses," so you don't dispel them and they don't go away. Only problem is that if an attribute over 100 gets damaged, a Restore Attribute spell won't restore it, so you have to run the "reset" spell that comes with the mod.

Cantorsdust fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 2, 2011

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Cantorsdust posted:

Edit: Also, I want to throw out a recommendation for the Madd Leveler mod. Simple, no frills level mod that removes caps and removes the x5 bonus for attributes at levelup. Instead, every three skill gains gives you a gain in the attribute that covers that skill. Really simple. Values above 100 are added as "curses," so you don't dispel them and they don't go away. Only problem is that if an attribute over 100 gets damaged, a Restore Attribute spell won't restore it, so you have to run the "reset" spell that comes with the mod.

I always liked the approach Madd Leveler took with this; skill increases raise the corresponding attributes, but you still get three stat points at level up to distribute as you wish. Now that I've got GCD tweaked to my liking, I don't use it, but it's still good and I'd recommend it myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Is there a mod that just lets me distribute all my points the way I want at each level up? I.e. just gives me 10 points per level that I can put in anything I want? There was one for oblivion that did this and it was the only way I could stand it. I don't want to have to grind skills for attributes. It drives me nuts and is the entire reason why I have never played morrowind.