Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Hob_Gadling posted:

I'd love to see Rolling Thunder in action

I though Rolling Thunder was part of the 1st Regulan Hussars (who rule)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Voting A. Let's make the Clans eat car bomb and IED. All day every day.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Defiance Industries posted:

I though Rolling Thunder was part of the 1st Regulan Hussars (who rule)?

Oh drat, you're right. It really has been a long time.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I vote D but don't you dare take A off the table ptn I want that for afters.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Hob_Gadling posted:

Oh drat, you're right. It really has been a long time.

If it had been any other FWL unit you would have been able to pull it over on me. The 1st Regulan is the one and only unit in the FWLM I respect or care about.

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"
I'm going to vote A, because Swedenese cooking sounds good, and I want to see how badly we can provoke the Clans when we introduce them to the wonders of asymmetric warfare.

Also because :black101: . Put on your Amon Amarth, kiddies!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wait, the Rasalhague, that's Amaris' patch isnt it? Vs the Clans who hate the poo poo out of them? :black101:

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Voting A because it sounds excellent.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

SynthOrange posted:

Wait, the Rasalhague, that's Amaris' patch isnt it? Vs the Clans who hate the poo poo out of them? :black101:

No, that's the Rim Worlds Republic. Rasalhague is the nation that TPTB made so that the Clans could wipe more or less an entire state (minus six worlds) off the map.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

A I love a good guerrilla war.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
The further this LP goes on the less I understand about all the different factions, so I'll vote C; it seems the most straightforward.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

D, mystery time! Just don't you dare make this a clan mission! :argh:

By the way, in your introduction to the thread, the line '...the battered remnants of the SLDF was forced to flee the wrath of the Terran Hegemony and abandoned the Inner Sphere on an unknown course.' contains a typo. Sorry.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Much as I like mystery boxes, A sounds like an amazingly fun time of death and ambush.

Option A

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Am I misreading this? Or does Chandy seem like he's trying to set up a Path of Least Resistance so the Clans can go right through them and into the Davions?

Either way, I vote B. Clusterfuck sounds interesting!

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Option B, because I like Highlanders, clusters and loving.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
E, for possible human rights violations, a guaranteed clusterfuck and seeing Tortuga getting stomped flat by an irate AFFS. Seriously, what is Trevaline thinking? Raiding New Avalon is a surefire way to end up with an RCT to the face.

Magni fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Sep 23, 2011

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Option A will just be tragic, since if we lose we'll watch our plucky freedom fighters bite it, and if we win it'll just become this timeline's Turtle Bay. Although if you believe in following the big picture, forcing the clans to commit their Turtle Bay moment may be what helps galvanize united resistance against them.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
I'm having a hard time making a choice on this one. My thoughts on each option:

quote:

Combat Theater Vote 7

A)13th Rasalhague Regulars
Deep in the Silent Shoals, the shattered remnants of the 13th Rasalhague Regulars fight a desperate guerilla war against the forces of Clan Widowmaker.
A chance to practice asymmetrical warfare? Against Clan Widowmaker? Awesome. The odds are long on success, but striking from the shadows will keep Widowmaker off balance.

quote:

B)First Kearny Highlanders
Growing discontent among the Northwind Highlanders has prompted a visit by Chancellor Maximillian Liao to reassure the highlanders that their world has not been forgotten. Warning, this mission will probably be a clusterfuck (but it’s also not going to go away immediately).
I don't much like the Capellan Confederation, but this mission sounds like fun. Seeing as how it won't go away if not chosen this time though, let's leave this one be.

quote:

C)McCarron’s Armored Cavalry
The Big M.A.C. is Romano Liao’s spearhead in the Capellan Confederation’s invasion and the FWLM hasn’t been able to even slow them down; but it seems Duncan Marik has finally grown tired of their advance. Can McCarron’s Armored Cavalry win against the elite regiments of the Free Worlds Guards?
Not interested.

quote:

D)???
So, I hear you goons like mystery options. Travel into the Silent Shoal to do… something. For someone. Possibly against someone.
Mysterious option is mysterious.

quote:

E)Death’s Consorts
The Tortuga Dominions have always been a plague on the Federated Suns; but they were seen as a threat isolated to a few periphery worlds within easy reach. Dame Murderess Extraordinaire Paula Trevaline, known to her foes as the Lady Death, has decided to exploit that confidence and launch a bold (or, as some whisper when Lady Death is out of earshot: suicidal) assault on New Avalon itself.
I wonder what she is up to, launching this assault. An intriguing option. Upstarts like this must be dealt with swiftly and decisively.

All that being said, I'm switching between A and E.

Dolash posted:

Option A will just be tragic, since if we lose we'll watch our plucky freedom fighters bite it, and if we win it'll just become this timeline's Turtle Bay. Although if you believe in following the big picture, forcing the clans to commit their Turtle Bay moment may be what helps galvanize united resistance against them.
This helped with my choice. If possible death by orbital strike will provide a catalyst for a unified IS, so be it. My choice is A)13th Rasalhague Regulars. Sorry for the massive wall of text everyone.

Carbolic
Apr 19, 2007

This song is about how America chews the working man up and spits him in the dirt to die
Long Live Free Rasalhague! (Yes I know it doesn't exist in this timeline).

I'm voting A.

Belial42
Feb 28, 2007

The Sleeper must awaken...with a damn fine can of Georgia coffee.
A for armageddon (if we get a Turtle Bay)

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Despite my Clan sympathies, upon my realization that the Clans in this timeline seem to be mostly assholes, I'll go with A.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Okay I'm a pretty firm supporter of House Davion thanks to the skewing of Davion towards the Lawful Good guys of the video games, and while it may be good for them to have Kurita get curb stomped by the Clans, I gotta vote for A because it just sounds too awesome to let by.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Guerilla warfare or suicidal death rush? Seems like a hard choice, but only one option has someone called Lady Death who people seem to take seriously enough to be afraid of. E for :black101:

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Cythereal- All the Clans in this timeline are assholes, but the Vipers are more assholes in that they are jerks and the others are more assholes in that they are reprehensible and PTN has rewritten them to take away their already few redeeming qualities. The Vipers at least still want to work with the Inner Sphere leaders once they conquer them, while the others have no apparent motivation besides destroying everything in a fit of centuries-old pique. I will keep supporting the Vipers, but the others? nah.

So!

Now that the Goon Hivemind has had Hanse Davion viciously insult the Draconis Combine and basically hock a rancid loogie into Takashi Kurita's face, I suppose we can safely rule out the prospect of the Combine getting any help whatsoever when the Clans push on Luthien. Unless, of course, the Goons choose to play Hanse Davion as a schizophrenic because they cannot make up their mindss, possibly because the relief operation will be called Operation Excalibur or some such. All that being said!

Voting A because the Combine needs all the help it can get, now. :smith:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I'mvoting A for rasalhague, and the new turtle bay!

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Sep 23, 2011

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Mukaikubo posted:

Voting A because the Combine needs all the help it can get, now. :smith:

The Combine getting its poo poo kicked in by the Clans is a bad thing why? Space Imperial Japan deserves Space Mongol Hordes if you ask me. Unless the Clans get wrecked by Space Typhoon on the way and Kurita names a class of suicide bombers after the event.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Fukken MYSTERY BOX :black101: D.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
McCarron’s Armored Cavalry sounds like fun, and I do love tanks, so C for me.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
D. I like a mystery.

Brandy Collins
Sep 17, 2009

Vote: A

I was (and still am) sorely, sorely tempted to vote C simply because it seems to me we have been hitting the Clan bottle pretty hard lately and it would be nice for a refreshing IS vs IS change of pace.

But screw that. Desperate battles are always interesting.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
A vote for D is a vote for more desperately outgunned light mechs fleeing from assaults. What could be more entertaining?

Chicken Slayer
Nov 7, 2009
I like the sound of Mr Johnson's mystery box.

Voting D

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
It's unlikely to win, but I'm very intrigued by the concept of a raid on a major population center. I'm gonna have to vote for E. We are getting to a bit of a saturation point with Clan fights, and pirates allow for some interesting gameplay.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Did you guys enjoy destroying that refinery? A vote for A is a vote for more catastrophic explosions!

Don't believe me? Ask Jihad Jenner:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Option E) Death’s Consorts looks like a interesting mission. loving up the Federated Suns can only be a good thing, right?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I'm voting for A because while I love the option of a clusterfuck (Which may become more clusterfucky if we let it go a turn), I can't pass up some `Mech Vikings against Clans.

The only thing in E's favor is that it might have Hanse show up in his Battlemaster O' Doom.

Pinguliten
Jan 8, 2007
I think I want to go with A here as well really, The Rasalhague republic always seems to get the short end of the stick so it's almost a humanitarian mission!

edit: Also that Jihad Jane Jenner is truly frightening.

Pinguliten fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Sep 23, 2011

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Having slept on it, I've come to a decision. Despite knowing that A is probably going to win and acknowledging that it may well be the best idea strategically, I nevertheless can't ignore the lure of going in completely blind.

D. The Mystery Box

Diogenes Cynicus
Aug 5, 2009
Votin' D for the Mystery Box!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Taerkar posted:

The only thing in E's favor is that it might have Hanse show up in his Battlemaster O' Doom.

guys i think my kEyboard is bustEd i just scrollEd past this post and

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ah dammit

• Locked thread