Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Sand Monster posted:

During the William Shatner interview, he asked Howard if he's working five days a week, and Howard said 'no' and that's he's only working three days a week.

I wonder how his contract with Sirius is worded. Is he under contact to work X amount of days a year or does it say that he would work 4 days and then down to 3 after a certain date?

If he's just making his own schedule I wonder if Sirius could sue him over breech of contract. Yes I know that would never happen but, I'd like to see them force him to work an extra day. That would bring some of his fire back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Yup, that's the program. And you can actually be logged in via XMTuner in different locations at the same time without being logged out (I'm currently logged in on XMTuner and the Sirius iPhone app as I type this).

This is great, thanks for the suggestion. The only problem: all of the channels are wrong! I tried updating them through the program, and it just said pending. Is that normal?

I am listening to Classic Vinyl, but it shows up as The Pulse, for example.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheLakers
Dec 1, 2007

Please ask me about my mutilated genitals, and belief in faith healing.
I been on this earth for 40 years and I ain't never met a bitch named Condoleezza!

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
It's really silly to complain about the 3 days a week. That's just a fact now, he decided to come back instead of go away and the station decided to pay him enough to make him come back on a reduced schedule at least.

Howard doesn't need money, but poo poo, throw that much at somebody and he would be stupid not to come back.

I'm with other people n the quality however, just wish he wouldn't phone it in so much. I finally got to hearing Sal sitting it, it was a new energy on the show and it was interesting, they need to do something to shake it up.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Ok I take back what I said about George on the show, I just caught up with monday's show and it was good with Gerorge.

:)

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
I just got done listening to the artie lange addiction saga and holy hell is that a lot to take when you compress it down like that. It seriously made me depressed.

Question: Towards the end Howard was really cryptic before the actual suicide attempt was artie off on a tear or something at the time?

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

I just got done listening to the artie lange addiction saga and holy hell is that a lot to take when you compress it down like that. It seriously made me depressed.

Question: Towards the end Howard was really cryptic before the actual suicide attempt was artie off on a tear or something at the time?

Not sure but I'd make a guess that Howard caught on after a while, what Artie was like when he was using, and once you know the signs they are easily started.

Being tied/nodding and having a slow gravely voice, etc. I imagine Artie was bouncing back and forth between the diesel and the subutex at the time. Just a guess.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Yeah I'd guess they are permanently at 3 day weeks now.

I caught that thing he said with Shatner too. Also George saying at one point how "you guys are only doing 3 day weeks now".

And this is pretty much how they started taking Fridays off. They did Fridays a few times then bam, no more Fridays. 4 day weeks a few times and now I think they are down to a solid 3 day week.

To me it wouldn't be nearly as bad if they were just up front about it. If someone is expecting to hear the show then wake up and the show isn't on- well thats when they will get mad about it. It ain't rocket science.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Evil Agita posted:

To me it wouldn't be nearly as bad if they were just up front about it. If someone is expecting to hear the show then wake up and the show isn't on- well thats when they will get mad about it. It ain't rocket science.

To me it wouldn't be nearly as bad if they weren't just phoning it in. From someone who said they demand to make the best show ever at all times the most recent stuff seems really lazy.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 23, 2011

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

new studio

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

-Atom- posted:

new studio

I don't think wheeling out the Jackie/Artie chair is that big of a change.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Evil Agita posted:

Yeah I'd guess they are permanently at 3 day weeks now.

I caught that thing he said with Shatner too. Also George saying at one point how "you guys are only doing 3 day weeks now".

And this is pretty much how they started taking Fridays off. They did Fridays a few times then bam, no more Fridays. 4 day weeks a few times and now I think they are down to a solid 3 day week.

I think he has been pretty up front about it. I just wish they wouldn't take monday off as much, it sucks to start a work week and Howie is sleeping in. I need him to get me through my commute and work out each day. I don't want to listen to lovely pod casts!

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

AxeManiac posted:

I think he has been pretty up front about it. I just wish they wouldn't take monday off as much, it sucks to start a work week and Howie is sleeping in. I need him to get me through my commute and work out each day. I don't want to listen to lovely pod casts!

Not really...and they have a history of doing this. They don't announce vacation either. I'm not surprised but disappointed more. And the state of the show makes it worse.

That's awesome they got a new set for Howard TV. The five Howard TV subscribers will love it.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

The week leading up to Artie being asked to take time off the show and the week he is actually gone is really good radio.
So you have Artie basically doing what he did when he got kicked off MadTV. In my opinion he was on a week long bender of Heroin and probably doing it before the show, and possibly during the show.
Howard makes comments the week after he is asked to leave that his sister and mother had contacted him and said they were concerned about him. He had many reports that Artie just didnt look good. Artie looked like poo poo normally, so imagine the state he must have been in for people to notice.

The week they are on the air before the vacation and suicide attempt is very interesting because Howard and Robin actually take calls about Artie and talk about him many times.
Howard keeps repeating that he loves Artie and hopes he is taking care of himself.
Robin is even brought to tears at one point during a conversation about Artie.
Its clear they are all concerned about him and not just on a level of "I hope he gets clean"
In my opinion, Sirius told him to go to rehab or be fired. He refused to go to rehab, was fired and at that point he had nothing to live for.
I feel at that point, His mother and sister reached out to Howard and explained that they feared without the show Artie could seriously die.

I dunno, just my personal opinion on how it all went down. We will know when he writes his next book.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Kelly posted:

That's awesome they got a new set for Howard TV. The five Howard TV subscribers will love it.

Bobo and Pittsburgh Pete just poo poo themselves with excitement.

Can you imagine how much money they spent on that refit? Keep in mind JD has to live in a closet, they always need a sponsor for cash prizes ($500, wow!), and they balk at paying Riley Martin a hundred bucks a week.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Is it just me or is Robin interrupting and talking over Howard and guests more and more? I never do this but I've found myself yelling "Shut UP!" at the radio more than once recently.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Sasquatch! posted:

Is it just me or is Robin interrupting and talking over Howard and guests more and more? I never do this but I've found myself yelling "Shut UP!" at the radio more than once recently.

She is a million times more annoying when a star is in there. She walks all over the interviews because she wants to talk to them or impress them.

Howard has said recently that is why he likes her, he likes what she is doing and she talks the right amount.

Chimneyfish
Oct 14, 2003

lynch_69 posted:

Can you imagine how much money they spent on that refit? Keep in mind JD has to live in a closet, they always need a sponsor for cash prizes ($500, wow!), and they balk at paying Riley Martin a hundred bucks a week.

I think studio redesign projects fall under the In Demand budget and not the Sirius budget. I'm one of the five HowardTV subscribers, and on the "Coming to Sirius" special that showed the construction of the studio it seemed like Doug and DePace were calling all the shots in regard to stuff like this.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

lynch_69 posted:

Bobo and Pittsburgh Pete just poo poo themselves with excitement.

"While the Stern Show gets a studio redesign to the tune of Fifteen Thousand GRAAAAAAAAAAND, poor little JD Harmeyer eats mouse droppings in a soup kitchen pantry!"

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

What is the general opinion on Whitney Cummings? I missed her this week - was she any good?

Her new show debuted last night and it was awful. I think she is funny in the roast clips that Howard plays from time to time, but I can't sit through her show.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Kelly posted:

What is the general opinion on Whitney Cummings? I missed her this week - was she any good?

Her new show debuted last night and it was awful. I think she is funny in the roast clips that Howard plays from time to time, but I can't sit through her show.

Great personality but I think she tries too hard to be funny.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Am I the only one that listens to Ferrall? Guy's insane.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

FogHelmut posted:

That is the exact conclusion I've come to - she tries too hard. She's got an edge to her, but the show is so....milquetoast.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Rodney the Piper posted:

I listen when I'm in the car that late, which isn't too often, but his show is great.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Rodney the Piper posted:

Ya like FogHelmut said, if I am in the car when he is on then I always listen. Thats like a a handful of times a month.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

AxeManiac posted:

She is a million times more annoying when a star is in there. She walks all over the interviews because she wants to talk to them or impress them.

Howard has said recently that is why he likes her, he likes what she is doing and she talks the right amount.
He did? Huh? I have this whole dissertation on how worthless of a person she is in my head, but I don't want to be an angry SFN poster.

FogHelmut posted:

She was waaaay too into lathering up Howard's balls, and drat he ate that up. She's very obviously in "promotion" mode, so I can't really fault her for trying too hard or for kissing Howard's rear end when you look at it that way.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Rodney the Piper posted:

I'm usually out of the car by 5PM when he starts, but he's seriously a factor in keeping my subscription alive. He suffers from a bit of the Sirius problem of focusing on North Eastern teams (Steelers, Penguins, Rangers, Jets seem to be the favorite topics) But his frenetic approach to sports talk blows Mad Dog out of the water.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I dunno, just my personal opinion on how it all went down. We will know when he writes his next book.

Thanks. I was having a hard time recalling how things went.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Kelly posted:

She evidently has something to do with that new 2 Broke Girls show on CBS as well. Caught her name in the credits after oggling Kat Dennings breasts for a half hour.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Djarum posted:

She evidently has something to do with that new 2 Broke Girls show on CBS as well. Caught her name in the credits after oggling Kat Dennings breasts for a half hour.

Same here. Then I had to see if there were more and sure enough,:nws: there are nudes.:nws:

And yeah Whitney referenced that she's co-creator and co-writer for that other show.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Djarum posted:

2 Broke Girls wasn't terrible. It had a laugh track which usually turns me off, but I thought it was decent. Still, two shows on in one season - not bad.

For what is it worth I am a straight female and I was ogling Kat Dennings's breasts - you couldn't miss them if you tried.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Kelly posted:

She's got an edge to her, but the show is so....milquetoast.

Yeah, that's what TV does to comedians.

Remember how utterly dull and safe Home Improvement was?
Tim Allen's act used to be about selling coke and going to prison.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Kelly posted:

2 Broke Girls wasn't terrible. It had a laugh track which usually turns me off, but I thought it was decent. Still, two shows on in one season - not bad.

This is what I'm thinking, shes trying hard and if it doesn't pay off with these two shows, shes bound to hit something soon.

I'll give it 2 years to this date for her to find a legitimate foothold and not have to pimp herself so hard. From there she'll get some genuine recognition (An Emmy or the like) And Howard will rant for 45 minutes (on his 2 day a week show at this point) about how he discovered her and gave her a first break, and he wasn't even thanked!

See when Paul Giamatti won for John Addams for proof.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yeah, that's what TV does to comedians.

Remember how utterly dull and safe Home Improvement was?
Tim Allen's act used to be about selling coke and going to prison.

Hey, you can get paid or be edgy, you usually can't do both.

(cough cough, Howard Stern)

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Same here. Then I had to see if there were more and sure enough,:nws: there are nudes.:nws:

And yeah Whitney referenced that she's co-creator and co-writer for that other show.

ha nice, those are seventies titties/

She's the daughter in forty year old virgin right?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

chiz posted:

ha nice, those are seventies titties/

She's the daughter in forty year old virgin right?

If those are 70s titties the 70s must have owned pretty hard.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
So talking to a friend of mine tonight who is in the television business I brought up the two shows for Whitney Cummings in one season.

His reply "Yeah, but you don't want to know what she had to do to get that. Think about it, no one knew who she was a year ago and now she has two shows on network TV?"

It doesn't surprise me really as she really isn't funny and neither are either of the shows.

Priapist
Aug 10, 2002

Heeeere's Herbie!

Djarum posted:

His reply "Yeah, but you don't want to know what she had to do to get that. Think about it, no one knew who she was a year ago and now she has two shows on network TV?"

What, like make somewhat of a name for herself on the Stern show and the roast specials, then Twitter popularity and favorite on Chelsea Lately? She happened to come along when networks are searching for the "next Sarah Silverman" to capture a female audience. Chelsea Lately, Lisa Lampanelli, Kelly Oxford, and Megan Amram are all in that same group.

Are they all selling themselves for fame? Your TV friend sounds like a misogynistic douche.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
She sucked a dick so they gave her millions of dollars in funding. It all makes sense until you think about it in which case its totally improbable stereotyping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Who cares if she did? That industry is practically designed to gently caress women over at any and every chance so do what you gotta do.