Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Blue Canary posted:

One quick look around later, is it Grown Man Sport by INI?

Nope, not that but thats a good song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Death Dealer posted:

After looking up "Hot Leather" and "Car Crash Song", Wikipedia comes through unexpectedly.

The song in question? The Normal - Warm Leatherette. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5QErPDNcj4

Oddly enough I was just listening to Peter Murphy (of Bauhaus) and Nine Inch Nails' version of this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo7ONZlN5Zg Synchrony.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Ok, I have to prove to a coworker that the power of goons is truly the greatest thing. He posted 2 songs on YouTube that he can't identify:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcaR7JEmfs4

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-b-ZqPm-7E

I have no context as to where he found these, and neither of the ring any bells for me except that the second song sounds legitimately retro, like 80's style electro. Any help would be much appreciated!

SebAndSeb
Apr 23, 2007

hello

Discospawn posted:

Ok, I have to prove to a coworker that the power of goons is truly the greatest thing. He posted 2 songs on YouTube that he can't identify:

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-b-ZqPm-7E

I have no context as to where he found these, and neither of the ring any bells for me except that the second song sounds legitimately retro, like 80's style electro. Any help would be much appreciated!

The second one I think is Clear - Cybotron but it sounds kinda different from the one I have (from GTA Vice City).

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Discospawn posted:

Turntablists can be a little hard to pin down when many use similar samples and styles. Not much help here, but it reminds me of Cut Chemist or DJ Z-Trip a bit. Nothing so useful as any of their bigger releases though. You might want to attack via the "lyrics" in case they were dropping their name. I heard "The incredible [beat shack]"(?) and "with a cold cut track", so maybe there's a scratch-heavy Coldcut song or some random DJ named Beatjack or Itzhak out there.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
EDIT: NM I found it in Spotify history, it was Faded Paper Figures.

Ok, this is a long shot but here goes. I heard a song on pandora and I loved it. Then I went on Spotify and there were only a few songs. I think the band had the word paper in it, or maybe that was the album. I remember in the song he was singing about logos (and maybe the song was called logos?) and there was a line where he "we all need stuff" or something like that. It was sort of soft-rock electronica, like of like that famous postal service song. What is the name of this band?

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

SebAndSeb posted:

The second one I think is Clear - Cybotron but it sounds kinda different from the one I have (from GTA Vice City).

Cool, thanks. I thought I'd heard it before, but I had no idea where to start.

ThaGhettoJew posted:

Turntablists can be a little hard to pin down when many use similar samples and styles. Not much help here, but it reminds me of Cut Chemist or DJ Z-Trip a bit. Nothing so useful as any of their bigger releases though. You might want to attack via the "lyrics" in case they were dropping their name. I heard "The incredible [beat shack]"(?) and "with a cold cut track", so maybe there's a scratch-heavy Coldcut song or some random DJ named Beatjack or Itzhak out there.

Thanks, I was less hopeful on this one simply because it seemed kind of generic and a lot of turntable music isn't even professionally released on CD. I'll pass along these leads and see if he can track down the source.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

deoju posted:

Does anyone know the song in this awesome hockey montage video? It sounds so much like Explosions in the Sky, but I thought I had all their albums... I've tried a couple of identifiers with no luck.

P.S. Should I post this in the post rock thread too? Or is that a no-no? I am new to NMD.

I just found this is the Voiceless by 'And So I Watch You From Afar', in case anyone else was wondering.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
This is gonna be hard because I don't remember much about the artist, but hopefully the novelty of it will enable on of you to figure it.

I'm looking for a Irish/Folk/Celtic rock band that I think sang in Spanish? I think they might have been South American, but I might be wrong. They might not have even sang in Spanish, but I think they were. When I type it out I realize how stupid this sounds.

I'm at a loss, and would greatly appreciate some help.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

In It For The Tank posted:

This is gonna be hard because I don't remember much about the artist, but hopefully the novelty of it will enable on of you to figure it.

I'm looking for a Irish/Folk/Celtic rock band that I think sang in Spanish? I think they might have been South American, but I might be wrong. They might not have even sang in Spanish, but I think they were. When I type it out I realize how stupid this sounds.

I'm at a loss, and would greatly appreciate some help.

Salsa Celtica?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Ras Het posted:

Salsa Celtica?

Not quite, it's along that sort of line but it had a harder rock sound to it. Thanks, anyway (Salsa Celtica aren't bad, actually).

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I heard a reggae song on the radio. The beginning went something like:

I remember our first love
How could I forget?

And something about remembering the first kiss, or remembering the first time. But I am 100% sure the first verse is what I wrote up there (however it could be 'How can I forget' or 'remember my first love')

If anyone can help me find this, that'd be awesome. Thanks.

big sperma shot
Jan 13, 2011

Big Cock Jerk Off with MASSIVE cum shot.
Does anybody know the song where (I think it's from a musical) a few guys sing about how they're going to commit suicide? I think it involves someone being hit with a rock as well. Cheers!

big sperma shot fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Sep 13, 2011

Dandy J
May 17, 2003

macro machines
What song is this? Must be popular it's in a video game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5MyM1zuDuU Yes I have checked the soundtrack listing and failed at searching for lyrics.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Tipme posted:

Trying to remember a song where in the music video, the lead singer is wearing black shirt that says JAPAN on it, and one scene there's just hard winds gushing towards him while he's walking on a sidewalk.

I keep thinking of Trapt, but it's not. The video was around when Headstrong video was out too probably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE_0m5OkyN4 I found this because someone pasted this post in IRC to make fun of you it (the derision was for the idea of the t-shirt and the video and the mention of Trapt, I guess). I remember the video specifically because they played it on MTV2 a lot when I watched MTV2 a lot, in junior high school. The song was always really bad and annoyed me a lot, and that is why I remember it. I had terrible taste back then and even still this song stood out as particularly bad. It is a bad song.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
I'm looking for a song, possibly from the nineties, maybe early 2000. The only thing I remember from it is: (there will be) no surrender / no gentle retreat
I vaguely remember it as a poprock-y song.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

Fanzay posted:

I'm looking for a song, possibly from the nineties, maybe early 2000. The only thing I remember from it is: (there will be) no surrender / no gentle retreat

That's a tough one. Can you remember anything else? The closest thing I've been able to find is Nachtmahr - Can You Feel the Beat? but Nachtmahr wasn't even formed until 2007. Also they aren't exactly pop-rock.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Fanzay posted:

I wouldn't call it pop-rock but Dido - White Flag?

Polluxx Troy
Mar 12, 2005

...authorities here are on alert...
Here's one I've been having trouble identifying. I've made out a handful of words but my Google-fu fails me every time. And neither Shazam nor my Venue Pro come up with anything.

Excuse the bad sound quality but it was the best i could find on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIom5CRfKPQ

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Really sounds like Janet Jackson

srsly
Aug 1, 2003

A ridiculous video by (I believe) a french rock band where instead of musical instruments, they are playing women. Like the guitarist and bassist have women hanging from guitar straps from their necks and are strumming the women. And the drummer is drumming women's asses.

Anybody?

iron chic
Jul 1, 2010
A band that sounds like surfy bikini kill. I heard it in a coffee shop.

srsly
Aug 1, 2003

srsly posted:

A ridiculous video by (I believe) a french rock band where instead of musical instruments, they are playing women. Like the guitarist and bassist have women hanging from guitar straps from their necks and are strumming the women. And the drummer is drumming women's asses.

Anybody?

Also the singer is using a woman instead of a microphone stand/mic. He's basically screaming into her face as he sings.

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang
I have two ridiculously vague songs / music videos I have tried to find for over 10 years now. They're both distant memories from my teenage years when I used to watch a ton of MTV. I don't think I'll be able to describe them in enough detail to have any luck, but hey, this thread has surprised me in the past.

Song 1. I can't be certain of any details here but I want to say that this was a song by a band with a female singer (or possibly a male / female duo [or possibly just a girl in the band]). The video brings to mind an emptyish room bathed in green / blue light with a television set to static and the male / female band members shown in shots against a blank wall or sitting on the floor - possibly crouched in front of the tv. The girl may have had short hair and a sweater.

As for music style, I'm guessing this was late 90s / early 00s indie (the kind that might've been on 120 minutes so maybe a kinda Sonic Youth or 'alternative' thing going on). I live in the UK so they might've been British, but maybe not. I possibly remember Lauren Laverne or another host considering them very 'cool' and being happy at having a rare chance to play the track - this might've been because it wasn't a current track at the time or because it was quite obscure. In watching a LOT of MTV and MTV2 I only remember seeing it a handful of times.

Song 2. I have even less to go on with this - I think the music video had an indoor diving board and the band name possibly had 'Llama' in it. Looking at the High Llamas and the Llama Farmers hasn't given me much success but I might've just not caught the right video.

My memories could have been completely warped with both of these tracks and despite my descriptions, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm way off on any of the stuff I've mentioned. A real shot in the dark.

Edit: added some details

Tenterhooks fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 19, 2011

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Dandy J posted:

What song is this? Must be popular it's in a video game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5MyM1zuDuU Yes I have checked the soundtrack listing and failed at searching for lyrics.

Suffragette Suffragette - Everything Everything

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Tenterhooks posted:

I have two ridiculously vague songs / music videos I have tried to find for over 10 years now. They're both distant memories from my teenage years when I used to watch a ton of MTV. I don't think I'll be able to describe them in enough detail to have any luck, but hey, this thread has surprised me in the past.

Song 1. I can't be certain of any details here but I want to say that this was a song by a band with a female singer (or possibly a male / female duo [or possibly just a girl in the band]). The video brings to mind an emptyish room bathed in green / blue light with a television set to static and the male / female band members shown in shots against a blank wall or sitting on the floor - possibly crouched in front of the tv. The girl may have had short hair and a sweater.

As for music style, I'm guessing this was late 90s / early 00s indie (the kind that might've been on 120 minutes so maybe a kinda Sonic Youth or 'alternative' thing going on). I live in the UK so they might've been British, but maybe not. I possibly remember Lauren Laverne or another host considering them very 'cool' and being happy at having a rare chance to play the track - this might've been because it wasn't a current track at the time or because it was quite obscure. In watching a LOT of MTV and MTV2 I only remember seeing it a handful of times.

Song 2. I have even less to go on with this - I think the music video had an indoor diving board and the band name possibly had 'Llama' in it. Looking at the High Llamas and the Llama Farmers hasn't given me much success but I might've just not caught the right video.

My memories could have been completely warped with both of these tracks and despite my descriptions, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm way off on any of the stuff I've mentioned. A real shot in the dark.

Edit: added some details

Song 1 sounds to me like Elastica - Connection.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

There's some song with a sample of some stoner dude saying something like "...pretty rad, man. I think it would be pretty rad". It may repeat a couple times. Does anyone know what song that is?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

This song has been driving me mad recently and I only have a few vague memories of it.

It's a semi newish country song (after 2005) about love lost and I believe some of the lyrics may be something along the lines of "I'll be standing heeeeeeeeeere" all drawn out or possibly "You're always on my miiiiiind" in the same manner. The only thing I remember is that the video I think had rain in it pouring on the guy. Any help would be fantastic

Ola Ugh
May 19, 2005

Sjåre brymæ
This might be a hard one... http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17254653 Starts at 26:48. I NEED IT.

I apologize for the ad in the beginning.

Chemical Shift
Aug 17, 2008
So this has been driving me and a friend crazy for the past few days, but I take solace in knowing she feels the same way and I'm (hopefully) not imagining it. There's a Jeremy Messersmith song called Knots, where in the verse there's a series of notes that sounds really familiar, but I can't figure out what song it is. Sorry that's so vague, but there's the video and the part. I'm just hoping it rings a bell for someone else and they can identify the similar song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzuoDjuqFrY

So the notes are when he sings the last word of each line in the verse, like so:

"Black sweatbands, sticks blur in her hands she's the drummer
She weaves a beat through the Kinks and Deep Purple covers"

"Strung out and tired, a funeral-crier, I'm heartsick
So I twist and turn 'till the rope starts to burn and I'm frantic"

Do I sound out of my mind or do those notes sound really familiar to anyone else?

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Ola Ugh posted:

This might be a hard one... http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17254653 Starts at 26:48. I NEED IT.

I apologize for the ad in the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UYysoJugfA

Ola Ugh
May 19, 2005

Sjåre brymæ
Amazing. Thanks!

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Chemical Shift posted:

So this has been driving me and a friend crazy for the past few days, but I take solace in knowing she feels the same way and I'm (hopefully) not imagining it. There's a Jeremy Messersmith song called Knots, where in the verse there's a series of notes that sounds really familiar, but I can't figure out what song it is. Sorry that's so vague, but there's the video and the part. I'm just hoping it rings a bell for someone else and they can identify the similar song:

So the notes are when he sings the last word of each line in the verse, like so:

Do I sound out of my mind or do those notes sound really familiar to anyone else?

He's kind of just singing an E and then going up a major(?) fifth to C. Unfortunately there are a lot of songs that do that. Does the song you're thinking of do that at the end of lines too, or just have that same interval? (Help me out, music theorists.)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chemical Shift posted:

This is a pretty weird request since it's just two notes but the first thing that came to mind is the last line of the chorus in 2HB by Roxy Music

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

ThaGhettoJew posted:

He's kind of just singing an E and then going up a major(?) fifth to C. Unfortunately there are a lot of songs that do that. Does the song you're thinking of do that at the end of lines too, or just have that same interval? (Help me out, music theorists.)

It's a minor 6th - I think part of the sound is that it's in a major key and starts on the tonic, then it walks down to the 6th which gives it a melancholy minor sound, then jumps a minor 6th up to the 4th which kinda makes it soar and leads back happily to the tonic again. Going from the 4th (IV) to the tonic (I) is common so you'll hear a lot of lines ending on that IV.

That song really reminds me of something but I can't think what, for some reason I'm thinking of a Radiohead song from The Bends but I can't quite remember.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

me your dad posted:

There's some song with a sample of some stoner dude saying something like "...pretty rad, man. I think it would be pretty rad". It may repeat a couple times. Does anyone know what song that is?

Found the fucker - Fuzz Face by Zillatron - it was a 1993 Bootsy Collins project with Buckethead and Bill Laswell.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
I was watching this movie on animal performers called It's Showtime on Netflix Instant and they played a song that I liked but I can't find what it is called.
The lyrics for the first verse and chorus are:
Old man Jenkins had a cat, he lost his cat one day. and when he couldn't find his cat you'd hear old Jenkins say "Here, pussy, pussy, pussy, pussy, pussy, pussy, pussy(x5), where is that gosh-darned cat!?

You can hear the song at about 25 minutes into the movie. If anyone could tell me the title and artist I would be thrilled.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

baka kaba posted:

It's a minor 6th - I think part of the sound is that it's in a major key and starts on the tonic, then it walks down to the 6th which gives it a melancholy minor sound, then jumps a minor 6th up to the 4th which kinda makes it soar and leads back happily to the tonic again. Going from the 4th (IV) to the tonic (I) is common so you'll hear a lot of lines ending on that IV.

That song really reminds me of something but I can't think what, for some reason I'm thinking of a Radiohead song from The Bends but I can't quite remember.
Oh yeah, it totally sounds like Nice Dream actually

Chemical Shift
Aug 17, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Oh yeah, it totally sounds like Nice Dream actually

Holy poo poo, this is it. Thank you all that helped! Awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
a short portion of this song I heard half asleep in an airport have been beating around in my head.

sounded indie rock/electronic, some of the lyics went something like "you don't have to say anything, i know its over" repeated quite a bit. female singer, sort of melodic but fuzzed out instruments.