Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Powershift posted:

Ooh, only 500 bucks, somebody talk me out of it!

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1972-Dodge-Charger-W0QQAdIdZ316692088

"Great for a parts car." What parts can you possibly salvage from that? The door mirrors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinky Blinkerson
May 9, 2006
Awesome LeMons car.....check.

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/2595693704.html

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Is it bad CL form to put conditions on who you sell your car to? I'm thinking of selling my old 73 Cutlass Supreme, and since I've put a lot of work into the engine and suspension to make it fast and handle as well as a GM A-body can, I'd like to make sure that the next owner isn't a 16 year old kid who will wrap it around a telephone poll or some douche who will put hydraulics or 19" rimz on it.

Is it presuming too much to ask that the next guy to get the car treat it like I have?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Armyman25 posted:

Is it bad CL form to put conditions on who you sell your car to? I'm thinking of selling my old 73 Cutlass Supreme, and since I've put a lot of work into the engine and suspension to make it fast and handle as well as a GM A-body can, I'd like to make sure that the next owner isn't a 16 year old kid who will wrap it around a telephone poll or some douche who will put hydraulics or 19" rimz on it.

Is it presuming too much to ask that the next guy to get the car treat it like I have?

Yes. Just sell it.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Well, I've had the thing for 15 years, I'd want someone who would appreciate it.

I wouldn't sell it to a high schooler, he'd kill himself. I know I would have if I would have had the 425 in it rather than the stock 350.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

Armyman25 posted:

Unfortunately, once you sell it you don't really have a say in what happens to it. I don't sell my cars locally if possible. It makes it a lot easier to sell it when you know you won't have to see it again.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

tween_spirit posted:

Going back to CT this weekend and I really want to go check this out, I feel like it'll go pretty quickly at that price.

gently caress, I live 45 minutes from there. I wanna buy that so bad.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Armyman25 posted:

The best you can do is interview them, see their other cars, and refuse to sell if you don't like what you see. You can't stop them from going nuts after they buy it even if they look sane when you sell, and you can't help what the next owner after that does.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Although you're perfectly fine saying that you won't sell to high-school kids, you can put the other conditions in the ad; just be aware that you'll definitely get the "this guy won't see it again so I'm going to lie to him" type that people with decent survivors get when they want a buyer that will do a full resto and not modify the car from stock.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Just tell anyone you don't like that makes an offer that you've gotten other offers and will get back to them about it.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.

Quantrill posted:

"Great for a parts car." What parts can you possibly salvage from that? The door mirrors?

Sometimes people will buy a scrap car to get a VIN and build, say, a 1960s Mustang from scratch. $500 is ridiculous for that though, especially since you'd have to pay someone to take that hunk of rust away.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Blinky Blinkerson posted:

Sup Knoxville buddy.

What do you guys think about this? One of the tires is flat so it'll probably need to be towed.

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/2615876096.html

He said it's been sitting for 2 months because of the tire situation. Offered him $1750 but he wants more.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I don't know about your area but around here they go for more than that with less issues. At least go give it a look, if it's not riddled with rust that's a good deal IMO

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Konstantin posted:

Sometimes people will buy a scrap car to get a VIN and build, say, a 1960s Mustang from scratch. $500 is ridiculous for that though, especially since you'd have to pay someone to take that hunk of rust away.

The prison time for that costs more than $500, and the license to be a manufacturer to have the legal ability to attach VINs to cars is more than that also.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

A MIRACLE posted:

Sup Knoxville buddy.

What do you guys think about this? One of the tires is flat so it'll probably need to be towed.

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/2615876096.html

He said it's been sitting for 2 months because of the tire situation. Offered him $1750 but he wants more.

IACV blockoff either means it idles cold at 500rpm and 1500rpm warm, or not at all cold and 500rpm hot. Not a bad price though, but PS/AC removal means it was someone's slow rear end drift project.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

BetaTested posted:

Yeah, the sad news about aftermarket wheels on e21s is that they typically don't work well. You can find some nice ones that will work without spacers, but you have to look around for a while.

Piano posted:

It's not so bad nowadays. The 4x100 wheels market has grown pretty huge in the last couple of years. Even stuff that looks at home on a bmw :v:

You know it's pretty funny but you have to thank honda kids and rota for getting the other wheel companies' attention on that note. It wasn't too long ago that there were no wheels under like 2 grand in certain low offsets. Then, the slipstreams came, and the rest is hellaflush history.

Yeah seriously, if those old Bimmers take a 4x100mm bolt pattern, then there's absolutely no right for anybody to complain about wheel selection. It's a pretty different situation when your car's 4x110mm bolt pattern pretty much limits you to ATV rims nowadays. :smithicide:

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
I need to see if my buddies will go in on this thing with me (mostly just for a place to store it).

http://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/2599438624.html
Because holy poo poo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Boomerjinks posted:

I need to see if my buddies will go in on this thing with me (mostly just for a place to store it).

Because holy poo poo.

I would put money on somebody having been murdered inside that.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Boomerjinks posted:

Because holy poo poo.

If you make a Spaceballs Winnebago I'll find it and burn it down.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Breast Pussy posted:

All I want in the world is for him to do exactly that.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Breast Pussy posted:

Yes. Yessssssss.

gently caress the haters, the more and varied you can get your fleet the better.

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010

Blinky Blinkerson posted:

Unless you do a motor swap that is a flat tappet, 150HP, boat anchor of a motor and the AOD trans isn't exactly good either.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Powershift posted:

I would put money on somebody having been murdered inside that.

More like a highschool teacher cooked meth in the middle of the desert with it.

DJ Commie posted:

IACV blockoff either means it idles cold at 500rpm and 1500rpm warm, or not at all cold and 500rpm hot. Not a bad price though, but PS/AC removal means it was someone's slow rear end drift project.

Why would you remove PS for drifting? :psyduck: You're probably right about what it was though.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Sep 26, 2011

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

MiniFoo posted:

Yeah seriously, if those old Bimmers take a 4x100mm bolt pattern, then there's absolutely no right for anybody to complain about wheel selection. It's a pretty different situation when your car's 4x110mm bolt pattern pretty much limits you to ATV rims nowadays. :smithicide:

I'm guessing that you're an early Mazda owner.
And I've just had hilarious visions of some of those wheels on my '79 RX-7, if I hadn't already converted it to GSL-SE hubs for the bigger brakes and 4 x 4.5". Wonder what the load rating on those ATV wheels is? Some of them were 14 x 7 and 14 x 8 wheels.

The Rotas and Konig Rewinds are nice, though.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Darchangel posted:

I'm guessing that you're an early Mazda owner.

Bingo. '85 RX-7 GSL.

Darchangel posted:

And I've just had hilarious visions of some of those wheels on my '79 RX-7, if I hadn't already converted it to GSL-SE hubs for the bigger brakes and 4 x 4.5". Wonder what the load rating on those ATV wheels is? Some of them were 14 x 7 and 14 x 8 wheels.

The Rotas and Konig Rewinds are nice, though.

Rota, Konig and Panasport seem to be the only manufacturers lately that still produce 4x110 car wheels, so even if they do look nice there's still not a lot to choose from. Also believe me, I toyed with the idea of mounting some 10x10 ATV wheels purely for the what-the-gently caress factor.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/2615058251.html

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
Needs everything.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Lightbulb Out posted:

Needs everything.

Dude's honest at least.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Breast Pussy posted:

Boomerjinks, you must do this. YOU MUST.

E. So which one of you goons is gonna buy the PARTYBUS.
http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/2612029944.html

ExplodingSims fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 27, 2011

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Fuzzkill, your rebuttal?

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

Lightbulb Out posted:

Needs everything.

haha, "hugger orange". Why even bother indicating what color your car used to be?

Trap Star fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Sep 27, 2011

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Parts of it are a lovely "rust orange" now...

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Trap Star posted:

haha, "hugger orange". Why even bother indicating what color your car used to be?

Because you are buying a vin number here and little else, and for people who buy 60's muscle cars as an investment, having the VIN code display the correct color code for a desirable color like hugger orange is a plus.

The entire rest of the car can be built from a catalog.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE

Trap Star posted:

for the OCD "Numbers matching!" crew

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

Mighty Horse posted:

Because you are buying a vin number here and little else, and for people who buy 60's muscle cars as an investment, having the VIN code display the correct color code for a desirable color like hugger orange is a plus.

The entire rest of the car can be built from a catalog.

ahh, that makes sense, I wouldn't have thought of that.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
And really, if you're doing a total restoration that will involve rebuilding or replacing almost everything on the the car anyway, it's almost easier to start with a basic shell.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Only $8,500!

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Armyman25 posted:

I do this with bike parts. You have to pass a background check and avoid using the word "cafe" at all costs unless your builds have been featured on bike exif before.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Elephanthead posted:

Only $8,500!

If this dude replaced the hood mural with one of Rainbow Dash, he could probably sell it for that amount to some crazed brony with more money than sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koollook124
Jan 15, 2008
Wait, what the F?! Don't think I've seen one of these before, kinda neat though imo.

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/2619968562.html