Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Go watch The Wild Bunch, John Carpenter's The Thing, Escape from New York, The Dirty Dozen, The Poseidon Adventure...

Ol' Borgy was the poo poo back when.

:raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dissapointed Owl posted:

:raise:

I will never stop confusing him and Brimley in that movie.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Go watch The Wild Bunch, John Carpenter's The Thing, Escape from New York, The Dirty Dozen, The Poseidon Adventure...

Also watch "Bad Day at Black Rock". Guy could be one hell of a bad guy.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Tony Danza Claus posted:

This ain't that Borgnine. I have that MST3K Merlin movie Borgnine in mind.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

You and me both!

"So evil wins, Grandpa Borgnine?"
"That's right, even your tiny soul is doomed, Billy."

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mister Kingdom posted:

Yeah. Borgnine, just like Connery, Davies, Caine, and the Carradines, has done some pretty awful poo poo. But those lovely films built the mansions they keep their various awards statues in.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It seems like Mike and the guys have mined a pretty deep vein of crazy for their latest batch of shorts. The new one "What Are Letters For" is an alphabet short, that leaves out vowels. It starts with kids singing the alphabet song without the vowel bits so it sounds totally awkward and then moves along to just randomly talking about the various letters completely out of order. Sometimes the examples are animal themed, sometimes they aren't. L is lion and T is tiger but F is feet and V is van.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

If you're wondering how bad Laser Mission is, Everything is Terrible edited it down to five minutes:

http://www.everythingisterrible.com/2011/06/5-minute-laser-mission.html

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

bobservo posted:

If you're wondering how bad Laser Mission is, Everything is Terrible edited it down to five minutes:

This is going to be awesome.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

All the VODs are awesome. A true rebirth of MST3K.

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009

Mister Kingdom posted:

This is going to be awesome.

Ernest Borgnine uttering the word "nuclear veapon" means quality. The best kind of quality.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Laser Mission has one of my favorite bad soundtracks ever. I sing along to the theme song whenever I watch it.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

bobservo posted:

Oh god, now I have to buy the Riff.

EDIT: Wait, it's not a Mike/Kevin/Bill joint? drat, not so enthused now.

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Sep 26, 2011

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

bobservo posted:

LMFAO!

"I vant to build. Not destroy!" Proceeds to kill a guy dead with a shotgun in the next clip.

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

Payndz posted:

Oh god, now I have to buy the Riff.

EDIT: Wait, it's not a Mike/Kevin/Bill joint? drat, not so enthused now.

Of course it is, their names are right on the poster!

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree

MassRayPer posted:

Laser Mission has one of my favorite bad soundtracks ever. I sing along to the theme song whenever I watch it.

Does a single song played a dozen times throughout the movie really count as a soundtrack?

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

rereedrumr posted:

Does a single song played a dozen times throughout the movie really count as a soundtrack?

Well, Twin Peaks has a soundtrack on CD, so I guess it does, yes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

muscles like this? posted:

It seems like Mike and the guys have mined a pretty deep vein of crazy for their latest batch of shorts. The new one "What Are Letters For" is an alphabet short, that leaves out vowels. It starts with kids singing the alphabet song without the vowel bits so it sounds totally awkward and then moves along to just randomly talking about the various letters completely out of order. Sometimes the examples are animal themed, sometimes they aren't. L is lion and T is tiger but F is feet and V is van.

I never realized how much a walrus could resemble someone flushing a toilet.

The overflowing toilet jokes that followed are some of the funniest riffs ever (spoilered because if you know it's coming the first time you hear it the effect is kinda ruined).

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy
I just watched Join Hands, Let Go.

So ummmm... What the gently caress? I'm going to guess that the people at Encyclopedia Britannica were doing a lot of drugs back then.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I decided that I wanted some practice with Sony Vegas so I trimmed this out of Spider-man because it made me laugh pretty hard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGlqYqdhSwU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

JoeCL posted:

I just watched Join Hands, Let Go.

So ummmm... What the gently caress? I'm going to guess that the people at Encyclopedia Britannica were doing a lot of drugs back then.

I showed it to one of my classmates the other day, and he can't figure out what the gently caress either. He started to make sense of it, but about halfway through he said "Forget what I said, this is insane."

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Hey guys, I'm going to come into some spending money soon and there's a possibility that I will spend a good portion of it on rifftrax. What would you recommend? Shorts, VODs, and regular rifftrax suggestions are all welcome.

What I have

Harry Potter Series
Star Wars Series
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
The Matrix Trilogy
Inception
Jurassic Park
Twilight Series
Pirates of the Caribbean
Back to School with Joan Miller
Families: Food and Eating
Reading Growth: Basic Skills
Things Are Different Now

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Cubemario posted:

Hey guys, I'm going to come into some spending money soon and there's a possibility that I will spend a good portion of it on rifftrax. What would you recommend? Shorts, VODs, and regular rifftrax suggestions are all welcome.

What I have

Harry Potter Series
Star Wars Series
The Matrix Trilogy
Inception
Jurassic Park
Twilight Series
Pirates of the Caribbean
Things Are Different Now

Everyone has to see Setting Up A Room. I'm sorry, but as far as I'm concerned it's as mandatory as One Got Fat now.

Also, buy One Got Fat.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Get the grudge, its my favorite riff.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

Cubemario posted:

What I have

Harry Potter Series
Star Wars Series
The Matrix Trilogy
Inception
Jurassic Park
Twilight Series
Pirates of the Caribbean
Things Are Different Now

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and Alien.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
The Calendar: How To Use It, County Fair, We Discover the Dictionary, Avatar, Dragon Wars (D-WAR).

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The Day After Tomorrow is mandatory.

So is Shake Hands with Danger, One Got Fat, Patriotism, The Trouble with Women, Moose Baby, and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (short).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just quote the post I made 2 pages ago describing my favorite short.

IUG posted:

Down And Out is great. It's a workplace safety video that was on one of their DVDs, and it's easily my favorite short, and it has my favorite line in all the shorts.

http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/down-and-out

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I have to join in on Setting up a Room and One Got Fat.

But for some that haven't been mentioned yet, get "Santa Claus and the Ice Cream Bunny" VOD, "The Planet of the Dinosaurs" VOD, the "I was a Teenage Drug Addict" short, and the "Don't be a Bloody Idiot" short.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Universe Master posted:

I have to join in on Setting up a Room and One Got Fat.

But for some that haven't been mentioned yet, get "Santa Claus and the Ice Cream Bunny" VOD

Nah, that's for Christmas Time insanity.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Plus the VOD ones seem to scare people with the price tag.

Luckily a bunch of them are on Hulu!

And yes, Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny is amazing, and worth every penny.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Hopefully this thread isn't buried too far back:

Has anyone tried the Rifftrax for Troll 2 using the Troll / Troll 2 combo DVD?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

MisterBibs posted:

Hopefully this thread isn't buried too far back:

Has anyone tried the Rifftrax for Troll 2 using the Troll / Troll 2 combo DVD?

I did and it worked just fine.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It was the only release at the time the riff came out. So that's the one to use.

Although I doubt they changed anything for the "Best Worst Movie" cash-in blu-ray release.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Tony Danza Claus posted:

It was the only release at the time the riff came out. So that's the one to use.

Although I doubt they changed anything for the "Best Worst Movie" cash-in blu-ray release.

See, I know why you say 'cash-in' but the video quality is supposed to be really good v :) v

Also, as a recommendation, I really like the Beowulf riff.

CatanZZZ
Jul 1, 2003
Hex squares n sheep

Sam and Rob posted:

Like any man with big problems, Charles Bentley blames everything on the government. That changes when he has a chilling* vision of a world without Congress. Silent expressionist cinema, Lawrence Welk’s bubble machine, and a plot shamelessly lifted from It’s A Wonderful Life convince Bentley that Congress must assume complete power over every aspect of our lives. It all leads to the explosive climax when Bentley composes a speech about Congress ... in real time! Weep for your grandparents, children, because this is how they learned about government before Schoolhouse Rock.

* NOTE: vision of the world without Congress may not be chilling to Ron Paul supporters

Sam & Rob present their first short film, The Powers of Congress. All you need to do is download and play, no synching required! And don’t forget to check out our feature-length iRiff, Commando!

http://www.rifftrax.com/iriffs/sam-rob/powers-congress-0

Please check out my husband (Sam) and our friend (Rob)'s new riff! There's a minute-long clip for free and if you like it they'll be happy to take your 75 cents :)

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

What's the due date on Laser Mission?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I haven't seen it said here yet, but it looks like they're also going to do Transformers 3 when it hits DVD. I forget who, but one of the three mentioned it yesterday on Twitter.

GeneralZod
May 28, 2003

Kneel before Zod!
Grimey Drawer

IUG posted:

I haven't seen it said here yet, but it looks like they're also going to do Transformers 3 when it hits DVD. I forget who, but one of the three mentioned it yesterday on Twitter.

'Twas Mr Nelson:

http://twitter.com/!/michaeljnelson/statuses/120647264623538177

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Universe Master posted:

What's the due date on Laser Mission?

Right now.

And the D/L is so slooowwwww...

• Locked thread