Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Pimp Cauldron posted:

using twitter hashtags on anything but twitter is pretty obnoxious.

For real. I wish they would start probating for that. It's popping up everyone and it is never anything better than annoying.

It makes sense on Twitter, but in any other format it's just obnoxious and sounds like someone desperately trying to be hip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Xguard86 posted:

For real. I wish they would start probating for that.

It was in the article so

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Xguard86 posted:

For real. I wish they would start probating for that. It's popping up everyone and it is never anything better than annoying.

It makes sense on Twitter, but in any other format it's just obnoxious and sounds like someone desperately trying to be hip.

i agree 100% #mmajournalism

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

niethan posted:

Claimed he was a Cecil Peoples black belt just fyi

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

niethan posted:

http://twitter.com/!/arieIheIwani
password is bluntsandbeer

someone please ruin this

Doesn't work :(

gunblade
Sep 1, 2008

-Just lucky, I guess

willie_dee posted:

Doesn't work :(

does this url work better? https://twitter.com/#!/arieIheIwani

btw willie, just don't screw it up by writing a billion tweets about James "world's number 1 b-league heavyweigh" Thompson.

gunblade fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Sep 24, 2011

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

gunblade posted:

btw willie, just don't screw it up by writing a billion tweets about James "world's number 1 b-league heavyweigh" Thompson.

I just need to do one really

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Sometimes MMA journalism is good. This is ESPN's headline.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
User: ESPN Ban Reason: Rivals Style Pun

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
he did totally give up and stick his chin out

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bundt Cake posted:

he did totally give up and stick his chin out

Either he gave up his neck or Rogan's comments about Jackson's jiu jitsu being a hidden talent are complete bullshit.

His defense and awareness of that choke were laughable.

For some reason it seems any time he's put in a bad spot whether it was against Machida or Bones his defensive game was utter poo poo.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Either he gave up his neck or Rogan's comments about Jackson's jiu jitsu being a hidden talent are complete bullshit.

His defense and awareness of that choke were laughable.

For some reason it seems any time he's put in a bad spot whether it was against Machida or Bones his defensive game was utter poo poo.

I don't know and this is the opinion of someone who has trained for maybe 3 months consistently and is just an idiot fan as much as the next poster, but I thought he was giving up the neck.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
UFC 135 Post Fight: Steven Seagal Turned Away by Jon Jones, Insults Joe Rogan

quote:

By attaching himself to these rising superstars, it appears that Seagal is putting his own ego ahead of what is in the best interest of these fighters. Seagal does have a legitimate background in martial arts, but he isn't displaying the humble nature that martial artists should when he attempts to take credit for the accomplishments of others.
I can't tell what's more absurd here, promoting Steven Seagal's super martial arts abilities or editorializing about how all martial artists should be Buddha.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

willie_dee posted:

I don't know and this is the opinion of someone who has trained for maybe 3 months consistently and is just an idiot fan as much as the next poster, but I thought he was giving up the neck.

That was my first thought too. Dammit 'page :smith:

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

BlindSite posted:

i suspect both are true

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Grifter posted:

UFC 135 Post Fight: Steven Seagal Turned Away by Jon Jones, Insults Joe Rogan

I can't tell what's more absurd here, promoting Steven Seagal's super martial arts abilities or editorializing about how all martial artists should be Buddha.

Deinfately the idea that Steven Seagul was ever a legitimate martial artisit

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

willie_dee posted:

at one point Seagal was trying to convince people he was an ex-CIA operative with confirmed kills racked up.

The guy is Hulk Hogan levels of carnie.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

willie_dee posted:

He has a legitamite sex dungeon

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

coconono posted:

at one point Seagal was trying to convince people he was an ex-CIA operative with confirmed kills racked up.

The guy is Hulk Hogan levels of carnie.
A friend of mine worked on the set of a Seagal movie ("Ruslan") and said that he was constantly bothering the explosives/pyro technicians about how to rig everything up because "he'd studied all of this kind of stuff before." Also he almost made them shut down a whole day of filming because some old oil drums they'd brought in for a warehouse set smelled kind of bad and he has a strict "no exposure to foul odors" clause in his contract or something.

People got so fed up with him that one of the crew snuck into his trailer when he was out, took a poo poo in the toilet and didn't flush it which apparently caused Segal to flip out when he discovered it. Oh yeah, and they had to get a stunt double for any scene that involved running. Basically Steven Segal is a hilarious trainwreck.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Paul Magno's got a couple of pretty terrible articles. He's a a boxing official/blogger that has tried to write about MMA a couple of times
http://insidefights.com/2010/10/28/brock-lesnar-humiliation-makes-case-for-boxing/
In his world, a Good wrestler being beaten by a better wrestler due to his better wrestling makes a good case for boxing

Snowman_McK fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Sep 28, 2011

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

colonel_korn posted:

Oh yeah, and they had to get a stunt double for any scene that involved running. Basically Steven Segal is a hilarious trainwreck.

He probably came across this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkskuSXqUD0

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

colonel_korn posted:

A friend of mine worked on the set of a Seagal movie ("Ruslan") and said that he was constantly bothering the explosives/pyro technicians about how to rig everything up because "he'd studied all of this kind of stuff before." Also he almost made them shut down a whole day of filming because some old oil drums they'd brought in for a warehouse set smelled kind of bad and he has a strict "no exposure to foul odors" clause in his contract or something.

People got so fed up with him that one of the crew snuck into his trailer when he was out, took a poo poo in the toilet and didn't flush it which apparently caused Segal to flip out when he discovered it. Oh yeah, and they had to get a stunt double for any scene that involved running. Basically Steven Segal is a hilarious trainwreck.

Rumor has it he likes to kick stuntmen in the balls too to check if they're wearing a cup.

He also has some weird thing about drinking bottled water and wanting a fresh bottle every time he drinks.

He's just a weird oval office.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I really hope those stories of Gene Lebell kicking his rear end are true.

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!
Legend says that Segal claimed his strong Chi prevented him from being choked out.

So Gene asked him to prove it by letting him try to choke Segal out.

Gene applied a choke, and Segal passed out and shat his pants.

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6TRJM0WTt0

2:10ish

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fawker posted:

Legend says that Segal claimed his strong Chi prevented him from being choked out.

So Gene asked him to prove it by letting him try to choke Segal out.

Gene applied a choke, and Segal passed out and shat his pants.

I do love the stories about people trying to be eastern mystic powerful and them getting destroyed.

I have a buddy who's trained in just about everything over the years he went to a free introductory lesson at a ninjitsu club for as he put it "shits and giggles" he's got a story about a female ninjitsu "master" who said no one would be able to lift her off the ground. Citing some bullshit about how she can plant her feet and use her body energy to grip to the ground.

He doubled legged her on her rear end.

I wish I could've been there to see some small asian woman get double legged in front of a bunch of dudes dressed up like extras from a bad hollywood movie. Apparently he was asked not to come back.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Wrestling really does ruin everything.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

BlindSite posted:

I do love the stories about people trying to be eastern mystic powerful and them getting destroyed.

I have a buddy who's trained in just about everything over the years he went to a free introductory lesson at a ninjitsu club for as he put it "shits and giggles" he's got a story about a female ninjitsu "master" who said no one would be able to lift her off the ground. Citing some bullshit about how she can plant her feet and use her body energy to grip to the ground.

He doubled legged her on her rear end.

I wish I could've been there to see some small asian woman get double legged in front of a bunch of dudes dressed up like extras from a bad hollywood movie. Apparently he was asked not to come back.

A friend of mine went to a class, a warm up involved giving everyone rubber knives, turning off the lights, and getting them to "kill" each other. He sat in the corner and stabbed two people who crawled by. When the lights came on, someone was hanging from the rafters, their knife in their teeth.
Ninjitsu is awesome.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy

Snowman_McK posted:

A friend of mine went to a class, a warm up involved giving everyone rubber knives, turning off the lights, and getting them to "kill" each other. He sat in the corner and stabbed two people who crawled by. When the lights came on, someone was hanging from the rafters, their knife in their teeth.
Ninjitsu is awesome.

this loving owns

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh

Snowman_McK posted:

Ninjitsu is awesome.

lmao

caffeinefree
Aug 5, 2003

2010: Year of M&M

Snowman_McK posted:

Ninjitsu is awesome.

lollin' :cawg:

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Snowman_McK posted:

Ninjitsu is awesome.

this owns

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Fair play to who ever spent $10 on my avatar, it's better written than most MMA journalism

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

Snowman_McK posted:

Ninjitsu is awesome.

Ninjitus would be great if they would just admit that they do it because its fun to dress in costumes, flip around and pretend to assassinate each other.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

colonel_korn posted:

It was on the Sklar Brothers podcast that Seagal held up production on a movie for a day because he was waiting for a 'box of ponytails' to be overnighted from his ponytail guy in LA, and wouldn't come out of his trailer without a new ponytail.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

red19fire posted:

It was on the Sklar Brothers podcast that Seagal held up production on a movie for a day because he was waiting for a 'box of ponytails' to be overnighted from his ponytail guy in LA, and wouldn't come out of his trailer without a new ponytail.

Man this is depressing to someone who, when it came out, unironically enjoyed "On Deadly Ground"

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Snowman_McK posted:

Ninjitsu is awesome.

This is how I imagine it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBcZSSpPmmk

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

1st AD posted:

This is how I imagine it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBcZSSpPmmk

What the gently caress is this and why were you even aware of its existence?

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

origami posted:

What the gently caress is this and why were you even aware of its existence?

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobn
May 23, 2005

by Ozmaugh
sometimes you make compromises when you're in a relationship :sigh:

• Locked thread