Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
I have to pee but the toilet will wake up my roommate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
I need my fan on to sleep but then I'm too cold and if I put on more blankets then I will get too warm as the day goes on. (I work nights)

amplifier worship
Aug 26, 2010

The slave is doomed to worship time and fate and death, because they are greater than anything he finds in himself.

October Revolution posted:

I have to pee but the toilet will wake up my roommate.

Dude seriously just go the gently caress to sleep. I don't care if you pee on your poo poo, just be loving quiet about it.

Captain Kickass
Jan 12, 2007

by angerbeet

E.Nigma posted:

I have to go buy another computer chair because the one I have now has started squeaking.

Or you could just buy a can of WD-40.

But that would involve putting pants on, most likely (at least it would for me), so gently caress it.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
The toilet paper I have is too soft, and when I wipe sometimes the paper rips.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

Thanks to Bluetooth human being's avatar I now have the Bill and Ted cartoon theme stuck in my head.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

My tap water tastes funny, so I have to buy gallons of spring water.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Bluetooth human being posted:

My tap water tastes funny, so I have to buy gallons of spring water.

Brita that poo poo.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Someone I really like and admire was mean to me on Facebook last night. I want to send an email asking him to explain what he was on about, but that would make me look like I care too much. (I do.)

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Wandering Knitter posted:

Brita that poo poo.

I tried the one that attached to the faucet and it still had a weird aftertaste. Haven't tried the stand alone ones though. The water here really does suck.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

spite house posted:

Someone I really like and admire was mean to me on Facebook last night. I want to send an email asking him to explain what he was on about, but that would make me look like I care too much. (I do.)

Report them for abuse, get their account deleted.

Lauren
Apr 13, 2002
The fucking whipshit of all fucking shitter-bongers

spite house posted:

:glomp: Block him and move on. That way you are in control of how he treats you on Facebook from then on.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I tried the one that attached to the faucet and it still had a weird aftertaste. Haven't tried the stand alone ones though. The water here really does suck.
If it's that bad, call the water company and ask about having it tested or spend a few bucks to get it checked yourself. Undrinkable water should not be a first-world problem (it really shouldn't be a problem anywhere, but you know what I mean.)

Crab Battle
Jan 16, 2010

Haha! Yeah!
The graphics driver on my swanky new laptop set the resolution very high, so everything's really small on the screen.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Piell posted:

I need my fan on to sleep but then I'm too cold and if I put on more blankets then I will get too warm as the day goes on. (I work nights)

Find a white noise generator online. That poo poo is perfect.

I only have super cheap whiskey to drink and super cheap cola to day drink it with.

I have to wait two more days for the BF3 Beta on Xbox360.

I am downloading the new Wilco album and it's going slow because my roommates are using Netflix.

I have lovely cellphone with no apps or internet.

I am still torn on what to be for Halloween.

I might not have enough scratch to finish my tattoo.

Woe is me.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I feel too sick to go to class, but also too sick to read my textbook and try to catch up on what I'm missing.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Try a stand alone. My house has nasty tasting well water and that does the trick.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
This girl in the cafeteria is loudly ranting about how she only listens to logic(Which she defined as having physical evidence :doh:), and how creationists and theists are crazy, and how she's always a skeptic... right after she finished talking about her friend who is a "vampire who steals people's life energy by making skin contact", and how "what most people think of as vampires are just people who use the blood because it's more concentrated". It's VERY difficult to not strangle her.

Arc Rectifier
Mar 25, 2007

Because AC won't rectify itself.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

This girl in the cafeteria is loudly ranting about how she only listens to logic(Which she defined as having physical evidence :doh:), and how creationists and theists are crazy, and how she's always a skeptic... right after she finished talking about her friend who is a "vampire who steals people's life energy by making skin contact", and how "what most people think of as vampires are just people who use the blood because it's more concentrated". It's VERY difficult to not strangle her.

Ask her to define "energy" and how these other vampires' physiology compares to that of Desmodus rotundus.

To contribute, the bar I'm currently sitting in has some truly slappable people TALKING VERY LOUDLY about the Kia soul commercial with the dancing hamsters. They think it's a deathless work of art. Woe, I have to sit here on the Internet and listen to them.

say
Apr 20, 2009
My middle class was canceled today, but I still had to go to my first and last classes. This meant I couldn't wake up later, I couldn't go home early, and I had just had an awkward gap in the middle of my day where I sat around campus. :(

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

I think I have a shandy problem.

Also, I finished knitting one sock and now can't be bothered to knit the other.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Piell posted:

If you have internet access in your room, maybe try http://www.rainymood.com ?

I find it extremely soothing

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I really want to fap, but I don't know when my roommate will be back so I don't know if I have time to or not. But the more time I spend wondering, the less time I'll have to do it.

This seems like a quantum paradox of some kind.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Arc Rectifier posted:

To contribute, the bar I'm currently sitting in has some truly slappable people TALKING VERY LOUDLY about the Kia soul commercial with the dancing hamsters. They think it's a deathless work of art. Woe, I have to sit here on the Internet and listen to them.

My roommate thinks this commercial is hilarious and wants a Soul because of it. People who are affected by marketing, yaaaaay.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
My clinical rotation this term is scheduled from 5-9 pm on Friday. So I have four hours of down time between work and clinic. Four hours is just enough time to wind down and relax, but I won't be able to because of clinic. :argh:

Folding fenestrated drapes sucks because I can't get the edges even.

My cuffs always get caught on my thumbs when I practice closed gloving so I have to very carefully flail around to try and get free without breaking the sterile field.

My boyfriend wants to watch a movie I suggested but I don't want to now because I'd rather watch sexy youtube videos of David Tennant all night. I might have a problem.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Buzkashi posted:

My roommate thinks this commercial is hilarious and wants a Soul because of it. People who are affected by marketing, yaaaaay.

gently caress that. I'd want the giant toaster over that hideous looking Kia.

rangergirl
Jun 3, 2004
A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer
I had a headache so I took some Advil on an empty stomach, which made me nauseous. Then my husband made me delicious, delicious curry for dinner and I couldn't eat it. I had to have toast instead.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
I just saw the Nancy Grace wardrobe malfunction. :nms:

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I just learned there was a Nancy Grace wardrobe malfunction. I'll now have to spend the rest of the night battling my own curiosity.

zarbicore
Mar 13, 2004

Now I can see the whales
Facebook now notifies you if you get poked, bloody annoying

blixa
Jan 9, 2006

Kein bestandteil sein

zarbicore posted:

Facebook now notifies you if you get poked, bloody annoying

Not sure if you're serious, but:

Arrow at the top right of the screen -> Account settings -> Notifications -> Facebook (edit) -> 5th from the top

To contribute:

I may get offered a great new job much more in line with what I want to do in my company, but my house might not sell or the relo package might not be enough to cover the mortgage. I might have to turn the job down and keep my current, awesome job.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

A game that I'm currently playing has full voiceovers in the Japanese version, but with the English voices, many lines are unvoiced text-only.

ETA: My sister is more popular to poke on Facebook than me. She gets 4 pokes from our friends for every 1 I get. That makes me kind of jealous.

Catalina has a new favorite as of 06:35 on Sep 28, 2011

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Practical Demon posted:

I just learned there was a Nancy Grace wardrobe malfunction. I'll now have to spend the rest of the night battling my own curiosity.

I just gave in to my curiosity :shepicide:

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

I got razor bumps because I hosed up shaving and now I got an annoying spot as well.

I ate too many cookies, got a sugar rush and now feel kind of tired.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I have a phone interview at 9am. It's almost 6am now. I'm a night owl, and being unemployed means I usually go to bed around now, so I'm kind of tired. Do I take a nap and risk feeling more tired when I wake up, or stay up with the internet and be tired but entertained?

Either way, I have coffee but no coffee maker, so I'm going to end up pouring coffee grounds directly into my cup and trying not to drink too many. I meant to grab my french press when I picked up my things from a stupid ex-roommate a couple weeks ago, but I totally forgot. It wasn't in any of the boxes he packed, either, and he lives an hour away so gently caress that. He probably forgot it was even mine. Bastard. :argh:

It's also a little too warm with the blanket on, but too cold without. My feet are uncomfortable.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I bought two very nice pies from the supermarket, one was a fish pie, and one was a shephards pie.

I wanted the fish pie for dinner last night, so I put it in the oven and left it there for half an hour. I came back, and I saw gravy bubbling up from the sides of the dish.

I had put the Shepards pie in the oven instead of the fish pie, and I really felt like having that fish pie :negative:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

henpod posted:

I had put the Shepards pie in the oven instead of the fish pie, and I really felt like having that fish pie :negative:

You can make fish pie? I don't know whether to be scared, or disappointed that we don't have fish pies here. That sounds like it may or may not be really awesome right now. :psyduck:

Also, I'm hungry but the kitchen is far away, and the bed is warm. Now I'm committed to staying up because I can't sleep if I'm hungry, and if I get up, I might as well make coffee too.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

Mizufusion posted:

You can make fish pie? I don't know whether to be scared, or disappointed that we don't have fish pies here. That sounds like it may or may not be really awesome right now. :psyduck:

Fish pie is awesome, just kind of has bits of fish, prawns and so forth in a white cheesy-type hollandaise sauce topped with mash. I think it is a heinous first world problem that you do not have fish pies over there (US?).

henpod has a new favorite as of 16:21 on Sep 28, 2011

who is spain
Oct 28, 2010
I left my phone plugged in overnight, so I had to click "Battery Fully Charged OK" before I could turn off my alarm, causing my alarm to ring a second time.

My towel was still wet from yesterday because I hung it up somewhere that it didn't get enough air flow.

There was a wad of saturated toilet paper clogging the shower drain one of my roommates inexplicably put in there and didn't take out.

The tub/shower switch had not been pressed down, so water was still dripping out of the shower head and i had to press the button down before I turned the water on.

All these things happened within 60 seconds of waking up today, and I was well on my way to being annoyed all day. Fortunately I remembered this thread, and now I feel better because my problems are so meaningless!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
I stepped in cat vomit this morning and had to change my socks, making me slightly late for work (not that they care at all).

• Locked thread