Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
We get a lot of manure pit deaths in Quebec (Canada) also, it's the inevitable side-effect of having a large pork industry. It always happens on smaller farms, and nearly always has the same depressing pattern to it -- farmer's son gets overwhelmed by the fumes and falls into the pit, then the father tries to rescue him and gets overcome also, and often a neighbor suffers the same fate because he tries to help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

That Happens a bit where I'm from too. There is a large Dairy industry there. The one I remember most was a kid accidently backing a tractor into the slippage pit and falling in. Horrible way to go.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars

RandomFerret posted:

Sounds like it ran afoul of one of these badass motherfuckers:

These are peregrine falcons, and they are pretty much the coolest animal ever. See, they have this unique way of hunting prey. They get way high up and cruise around until they see some chump bird flying beneath them, and they do this loving majestic power dive and ram right into the fucker. And they hit hard. A peregrine falcon at full speed can clear 200 mph. A cheetah can't do that. Your divorced, balding uncle's corvette that he's barely making the payments on but who cares because at least he's a free man can't do that.

Anyway, peregrines are a real conservation success story. Their natural habitat is towering, flat cliffsides. At some point, somebody took a look at the specs and realised that these fuckers would feel right at home in the city. They're built for darting in and out of alleyways and between cars, and there's plenty of food for them with the pigeon problems most cities have, which brings me to your pigeon wing sighting. See, falcons haven't developed Frank's hot sauce, so when they smash a pigeon right out of the air, those wings are a liability. Very low meat-to-junk ratio. Instead, they just rip the whole back off right there and fly home with the important part. So any time you see a pair of wings that look like they were just yanked clean off a pigeon, you can take pride in the fact that your town is home to the fighter jet of the animal kingdom.

I imagined this post as being written by Jake from Animorphs, which makes perfect sense because he chooses the peregrine falcon for his bird morph because it's hot poo poo. :mmmhmm:

Sharks Below
May 23, 2011

ty hc <3

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

I imagined this post as being written by Jake from Animorphs, which makes perfect sense because he chooses the peregrine falcon for his bird morph because it's hot poo poo. :mmmhmm:

Holy poo poo Animorphs, I haven't read those books for like 10 years. I heard they made a show out of them.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Sharks Below posted:

Holy poo poo Animorphs, I haven't read those books for like 10 years. I heard they made a show out of them.

They did; It actually got pretty far into the series before it got cut. I used to collect the books, I had every single loving one from the first all the way up to... I wanna say in the high 40's. I stopped collecting them (and later got rid of 'em) when I found out the utter bullshit copout ending Applegate gave to the series :argh::argh::argh: gently caress you, Andalites!

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Today I was walking down to the bus stop, when some kid (when I say kid I mean 16 or 17.) got in my way, and started to try and start trouble. Asking me where I was going, saying something about it being his sidewalk. I just ignored him, then he asked where my Girlfriend was. ( I have a very chunky male friend with really long curly hair, he looks a lot like a girl, and has been mistaken for a girl so many times.) I laughed and kept walking, he then started calling me a "human being", I turned back and told him to gently caress off.

The kid hauled off and knocked me in the face, my glasses fell off, of course being a total jack rear end I hauled off and knocked the kid in the face. When I did he started to bounce around like a boxer, trying to keep his hands up, problem was he had his fists out like he was gonna punch me again, so I squared up and knocked him in the mouth. He started to yell and scream about getting the cops, saying I was attacking him, and screaming something about where his wallet was.

I honestly have no idea, and this stuff happens to me a lot. People just walk up to me and start trouble, I usually ignore them, or try and diffuse the situation by being apologetic, and trying my best to just make them stop, even if it means I "admit" to being wrong just so they'll back down.

There was also the time a kid threw an orange at me after punching me. But W.T.C.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
One time a guy tried to mug me and I beat him so badly he had a permanent lazy eye afterwards. It was a pretty severe what the christ moment when I saw him years later and realized that I legally blinded somebody because they refused to stop attacking me. I've never started a fight, they just would come to me as a kid. :(

Sharks Below
May 23, 2011

ty hc <3

Cuchulain posted:

One time a guy tried to mug me and I beat him so badly he had a permanent lazy eye afterwards. It was a pretty severe what the christ moment when I saw him years later and realized that I legally blinded somebody because they refused to stop attacking me. I've never started a fight, they just would come to me as a kid. :(

I feel your pain dude, I am a girl who grew up in a regional backwards town in country Queensland, AU whose mum "came out" (inverted commas because she didn't have a choice, when a couple of people found out, everyone did) when I was 12. Years 8 - 10 of high school at a snobby all-girls' school were hell on earth. I was finally "Asked To Leave" (wouldn't want to spoil that perfect non-expulsion record now, would we?) after I lost my poo poo completely and beat a guy, who was a boyfriend of a fellow student, so bad that he permanently lost his sense of smell. I stomped his face. I felt it crunch under my boot. I'm not a violent person, I just couldn't take it anymore. I remember some small details (like the crunch) but apart from that it's a blur of reddened vision. He shouldn't have said disgusting things about my mother.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

That's awful. :(

I'm a very white kid who spent too much time in very "racially exclusive" areas of NYC growing up. Also, I dealt with aggression issues and was for a very long time unable to back down from, or run from a fight. I had my nose broken six times or so by the time I was 15. Actually, the single worst thing I ever saw in a fight was the remains of a dude's ulna stick out of bend of his arm. That was reeeeeally nasty.

Cuchulain has a new favorite as of 11:39 on Sep 27, 2011

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Haha, violence... :( I used to get in a lot of fights in my early school years. I'm a big scary guy now, and that usually keeps the trouble away, but I've always had a punchable face or something, becasue every so often someone tries to fight me. I defuse it and walk away when I can, or defend myself until someone else helps out. gently caress if I'm going to put someone in hospital.

The strangest incident where a person tried to pick a fight with me was about 10 years ago, so I was 21. At the time, I was a bouncer, was 6'3", and weighed about 100kg, most of which was muscle. I never drank on the same side of the city I worked on, because gently caress running into people you threw out of the pub the night before.

Anyway, I was minding my own business, playing pool with 3 of my work friends, when this scrawny kid comes up to me and goes "What are you fuckin lookin at, oval office?" I kind of laughed and said "nothing mate, nothing..." and he broke in with "You're fuckin lookin at me oval office, wanna fuckin go?" I just responded with "nah mate, it's all good, all ok, just calm down and forget it". He persisted, and put his fists up. My work friends (all bouncers, all larger than me) kind of held his arms down and talked him out of the whole thing, and we could never figure out what the gently caress his problem was. He was half my weight and probably as high as my chin. He wasn't there with friends, and I don't recall seeing him at all before the whole "looking" accusation, so it's really mystifying what was going on there.

Sharks Below
May 23, 2011

ty hc <3
Ugh. People are douchebags. The bigger you are the worse it is. I used to date a very VERY tall dude and people would constantly say dumb poo poo like "think you're tough, oval office? Well the bigger they are, the harder they fall" and other assorted poo poo. This guy did not think he was tough and did not look tough. Had a babyface. People are just dicks sometimes.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

I got into this cycle of people trying to jump me, me beating the poo poo out of them, them telling their friends to jump me later, me beating the poo poo out of them, and etc. Eventually I was getting into fist fights with people I had never seen or heard of, not from the area, years younger then me... :psyduck:

A twelve year old pasty jewish boy tried to rob me at one point. I was 15 at the time, and was on my way to teach a self defense class. The very definition of what the christ. He had a 6'4" special needs looking black kid with him in a cosby sweater. It was very surreal.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

I think part of the reason I never got seriously hosed with through my school years was because I pulled a "what the christ" moment that stuck in everybody's minds. I had a horrible temper as a kid, and although I was a quiet bookworm most of the time it got me in trouble now and again. The worst was in third grade, when I found myself constantly having to defend a friend of mine while the perpetrators never got properly disciplined for it (at least, not in my mind). So one time I tried to bring it up with my teacher in class and she didn't seem to take it seriously, so I flipped my poo poo and screamed my rear end off at her, holding a chair over my head and threatening to throw it at her. Every drat person in the room :stare:'d at me like I'd just pulled a live jaguar out of my rear end in a top hat.

I quickly calmed down and stopped, but I still got pretty severely disciplined for it. Those guys never screwed with my friend as much after that, though, and the story stuck around with me through the end of high school. I have much better control over my temper now, though. :shobon:

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Sharks Below posted:

Ugh. People are douchebags. The bigger you are the worse it is. I used to date a very VERY tall dude and people would constantly say dumb poo poo like "think you're tough, oval office? Well the bigger they are, the harder they fall" and other assorted poo poo. This guy did not think he was tough and did not look tough. Had a babyface. People are just dicks sometimes.

Yeah, for sure. I had a bit of a babyface up until I was 28 or 29, so that probably explains it a bit. But you're right, people are douchebags. It's not just big guys though. I have a really small mate (seriously, poor dude's about 5'4" and weighs about 50kg), and he gets asked for ID at bars and when he buys smokes. He's 30. You reckon he doesn't get picked a whole lot?

Anothe WTC moment: About a week ago, I was driving at the speed limit in a one-lane suburban street. A guy came speeding up behind me (really fast, twice the limit or more) flashing his lights, so I pulled as far over to the side as I could and slowed down (gently) so he could pass. Instead, he followed me to my destination and started screaming about brake checks and dangerous driving. I asked him how he'd like the problem resolved, and he just went purple and drove off. I have no idea what his problem actually was. To reiterate, I didn't slam on the brakes, I moved to the side of the road and slowed down, he had room to pass.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

AlphaDog posted:

I have no idea what his problem actually was. To reiterate, I didn't slam on the brakes, I moved to the side of the road and slowed down, he had room to pass.

But you didn't do exactly what he wanted you to do, when he wanted you to do it.

Who knows what he was expecting you to do? I bet even he doesn't know. Stressed-out people who are perpetually late because of tight schedules etc. combined with tight unpredictable traffic is an extremely dangerous mix.

I've had people tailgate me in the rightmost lane while I was doing the speed limit to try and get me to speed up. I don't know WTF.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

KozmoNaut posted:

But you didn't do exactly what he wanted you to do, when he wanted you to do it.

Who knows what he was expecting you to do? I bet even he doesn't know. Stressed-out people who are perpetually late because of tight schedules etc. combined with tight unpredictable traffic is an extremely dangerous mix.

I've had people tailgate me in the rightmost lane while I was doing the speed limit to try and get me to speed up. I don't know WTF.

Yeah, that's what I initially thought - he's stressed and late and seriously, I'm just getting out the way because why would I want to slow someone down? But then he took time out to follow me the next 5 minutes and then stop next to me in a car park to scream at me... so he can't have been that late to anything.

I'm putting it down to "trouble magnet". I've always seemed to be one.

For the record, I've worked in extremely schedule-tight jobs, and I've never had a problem with being late or having to hurry on the road. If it's super important, reschedule something else and leave earlier. If it's super super important, they'll wait for you to get there anyway. My old boss said "It's better to arrive 10 minutes late and calm than 5 minutes late and flustered".

Zappatista
Oct 28, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
A lot less :wtf: than anyone's here, but last night at about 2 AM I made a run to the convenience store to buy cigarettes. The clerk behind the counter was quite enthusiastically arguing with a friend of his about Hitler's rise to power and whether it could happen today.

The clerk's name (from what I saw on his nametag...I'd never seen him there before): :godwin:

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

Ubik posted:

I think part of the reason I never got seriously hosed with through my school years was because I pulled a "what the christ" moment that stuck in everybody's minds. I had a horrible temper as a kid, and although I was a quiet bookworm most of the time it got me in trouble now and again. The worst was in third grade, when I found myself constantly having to defend a friend of mine while the perpetrators never got properly disciplined for it (at least, not in my mind). So one time I tried to bring it up with my teacher in class and she didn't seem to take it seriously, so I flipped my poo poo and screamed my rear end off at her, holding a chair over my head and threatening to throw it at her. Every drat person in the room :stare:'d at me like I'd just pulled a live jaguar out of my rear end in a top hat.

I quickly calmed down and stopped, but I still got pretty severely disciplined for it. Those guys never screwed with my friend as much after that, though, and the story stuck around with me through the end of high school. I have much better control over my temper now, though. :shobon:

I've got a story similar to that, since the last fight I was in was back in 8th grade of High School. I'm generally one of the nicest and least temperamental people you're likely to meet, but on this particular day I was having an incredibly poo poo day and I was only 2 periods in. I'm in Gym class, generally trying to mind my own business and this kid walks up to me and tries to start more poo poo.

He ends up knocking the ball I was half-assed playing with out of my hands, and it just broke something inside of me. I'm a pretty poo poo fighter in all honesty, but I threw an elbow, got punched, then returned it. I guess he saw something in my eyes because he got a scared look on his face, turned tail and ran.

The WTC moment was when I stomped on the ground, gave a berserker yell of "DEATH" (...I was in a rage and uncreative, but it got the point across I guess), and chased him down which I normally couldn't do. He falls down, I raise my foot to stomp on him....and regain my composure, put my foot back on the ground and offer my hand to help him back up.

High school being what it is, I still got a lot of "You lost the fight" kind of poo poo, but heard from a friend of mine that the outburst ended up scaring one of the seniors because he didn't expect something like that out of me.

Not a single fight in almost 10 years though. v:shobon:v

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Closest thing I had to a fight in high school was junior year. Shitstain freshman rode the same bus and decided it would be funny to run off the bus and grab my hat on the way out.
Guess I just had a quick reaction because I grabbed the top of his backpack as he went past and yanked as hard as I could. I saw a brief moment of :pwn: on his face as he went down. I collected my hat and got off the bus.
The driver hated him too. I got on to go home and she looked at me and said "I didn't see anything this morning. I wouldn't have seen anything if you had kicked the poo poo out of him."

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
When I was in first grade and I was out at recess, there was this kid pushing me around. He was always messing with me, and today I had been out by the swings which were at the far end of the playground. The teacher called to say recess was over, so I started heading toward the school building, but this kid stopped me and kept pushing me, saying he wasn't going to let me go inside and that he would keep me outside to beat me up. I was a scrawny little bookworm, but I was scared of this kid so I hit him in the stomach and ran away while he was bent over.

The teacher lost her poo poo and yelled at me for about 5 minutes straight. Apparently, this kid had some serious issues and had surgical tubing and corrective stuff in his stomach (where I punched him). I never heard anything more about it after that day, though.

At the time I didn't care at all, because gently caress him, he was bullying me. I feel much worse about it now, though.

Action_Bastard
Nov 26, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

. . . this kid stopped me and kept pushing me, saying he wasn't going to let me go inside and that he would keep me outside to beat me up. I was a scrawny little bookworm . . .
. . . teacher lost her poo poo and yelled at me for about 5 minutes straight . . .

This was basically every fight I got into in middle school and early high school. I feel like no matter where you go, there are kids who become bully targets for some reason like being big or small (scrawny whiteboy here). The what-the-christ for me, though, is that in my experience personally and every time I've seen it, the kid eventually fights back . . . and get in trouble for it. Is there something that makes teachers of K-12 kids pathologically unable to see it when someone is defending themselves? It seems to me that setting up rules to punish self-defense is immoral, but we tolerate it against children.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

My elementary school bullying never got physical, and dropped dramatically when I said essentially "gently caress it, you and I are having a fight after school." Dude never showed up, said his mom came to pick him up right after school. He left me alone after that, though.

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
Here's another story of why October Revolution should stick to one side of the road.

When I was young (maybe 7-9), my babysitter lived across the street from me. She was really nice so I would sometimes hang out with her during the day. A few days earlier her family had gotten a new white kitten named Snowflake. I am an avid cat person and fell in love immediately. This was also a little after the death of my first cat so I was especially attached. The kitten was also very fond of me and followed me everywhere I went. So when I went to go play with my next door neighbor's, Snowflake followed me. I then picked him up, carried him back onto the porch of my babysitter's, and cross the street again. As I got to the door, I looked behind me.

I watched a green Honda Civic run over Snowflake with the loudest, wettest crunch I have ever heard.

The car kept going. I ran into the street to scoop up the mangled, bloody mess. If you've ever seen Fullmetal Alchemist, the main characters' mother after they tried to bring her back is the best way to describe how he looked. He was still twitching and making what was suppose to sound like a meow.

After he died in my arms, we buried him behind the babysitter's house. I made a little burial marker. It's still there.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

October Revolution posted:

Here's another story of why October Revolution should stick to one side of the road.

When I was young (maybe 7-9), my babysitter lived across the street from me. She was really nice so I would sometimes hang out with her during the day. A few days earlier her family had gotten a new white kitten named Snowflake. I am an avid cat person and fell in love immediately. This was also a little after the death of my first cat so I was especially attached. The kitten was also very fond of me and followed me everywhere I went. So when I went to go play with my next door neighbor's, Snowflake followed me. I then picked him up, carried him back onto the porch of my babysitter's, and cross the street again. As I got to the door, I looked behind me.

I watched a green Honda Civic run over Snowflake with the loudest, wettest crunch I have ever heard.

The car kept going. I ran into the street to scoop up the mangled, bloody mess. If you've ever seen Fullmetal Alchemist, the main characters' mother after they tried to bring her back is the best way to describe how he looked. He was still twitching and making what was suppose to sound like a meow.

After he died in my arms, we buried him behind the babysitter's house. I made a little burial marker. It's still there.

Thanks, I now want to kill myself.

Sorry this happened to you.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
My current WTC moment is reading all these posts in which peaceful, scrawny goons beat up school bullies.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
Reading about bullying I remembered something. I was in 7th grade and after the class got out all the kids swarmed to the doors. I was on the second floor and was walking to the stairs when a nerdy looking kid in front of me gets pushed. He looks behind him and this guy pushes him again with a few of his friends grinning and saying YEAH CMON or something. The nerdy guy turns around and keeps walking, he gets pushed again. And keeps walking, trying to ignore the jackass behind him. Near the stairs the bully goes for another push, trips himself and falls down the loving stairs. The nerdy dude just walks past him without saying anything, and the guys friends are all laughing and saying ohhh shiitt!

I was small and nerdy too so I did my best to not burst out laughing.

Lolitas Alright!
Sep 15, 2007

This is your friend.
She fights for your freedom.
I was one of two girls in my elementary school that had boobs, and at 6th grade camp, a really scrawny chick started a rumor that I stuffed my bra. It spread around the school, and a girl in my class who had bullied me since 2nd grade helped spread it. Well, my teacher heard wind of it, rounded up pretty much everyone who was spreading it around, told them to knock their poo poo off, and it was done with, or so I thought.

One of the little bully guys, Tyler, had to have been about 4 foot nothing. He came up to me one day while I was hanging around waiting for my friends by the air conditioning unit. It had a brick wall around it, and we'd sit next to it and play Pokemon on our Game Boys.

Tyler came up to me and said he had heard I stuffed my bra. I kindly told him to shove it up his rear end. He responded by telling me that if I showed him my boobs were real, he'd stop. I responded by Hulking the absolute gently caress out, picking him up by the back of his shirt, and smashing him face-first into the brick wall a few times. Broke the dude's nose. It scared him bad enough that he told the vice principal that he had been skateboarding (against school rules) in the parking lot and ate it. Netted himself a one-day suspension for skateboarding on school property, and I never got in trouble for it.

I still don't know what the gently caress... it was the only time I had ever done anything violent or threatening at school, and I guess I scared him enough that he wouldn't rat on me.

The only other time I pulled something like that was in my senior year of high school. One of the popular jocks, a guy nicknamed Bubba (not southern or a redneck at all, he was rich as gently caress and his grandpa or uncle or someone had been an MLB player) decided back in 7th grade that I would be his eternal target for ridicule. It was simple poo poo: whispering about me with his friends loud enough for me to hear, whispering so I couldn't hear but looking over at me so I'd know they were talking about me, poo poo like that. Problem for him was that I have bipolar disorder, and was a year away from being diagnosed and medicated for it. I handled myself pretty well during school hours, usually.

One day, I guess I had just had it. We had Government together, and he sat next to me. I don't even know what he was talking about to his friends, but it had to do with me, and he made it known. I loving lost it. I grabbed my textbook, screamed something full of curses and hatred at him, nailed him directly in the face with the broad side of the book, grabbed my poo poo, and bolted out of the classroom in hysterical tears. I curled up against the side of the building, sobbing, waiting for my punishment, basically. I was emancipated from my parents at the time and was living in my grandpa's house, and all I wanted to do was get a loving suspension so I could go home, do my homework in a night, and spend the rest of my suspension playing video games and weeping dramatically about THE INJUSTICE OF BEING SEVENTEEN to my boyfriend at the time.

Of course, my teacher comes out of the room, but he's dragging Bubba with him by the arm, who's pinching his bleeding nose closed with one hand, and his face is bright red. My teacher, barely contained fury in his low, deep, usually soft voice, told me that my behavior was unacceptable, but then told Bubba that he was essentially tired of his bullshit behavior towards me, and that we were to wait there until Security could escort us to the vice principal's office.

They carted us off in a golf cart, and the principal spoke to us both seperately, with me going first. I blurted out Bubba's consistent abuse towards me since 7th grade, and how I'd been having mood swings and I was already seeing the school counselor for various issues, etc. He nodded, sent me to sit outside, and then spoke to Bubba. After that, he called us both in, and we sat in front of his desk in dead silence.

Now, our VP was a large, angry black man who usually had it out for all students who weren't black. He also was ridiculously Victorian in his views on public displays of affection and dating... holding hands sent him into uproarious fits and he'd scream at the boy and speak to the girl as though she had just been letting her boyfriend spread her legs and fist her, completely naked, on the quad.

He let us sit there in silence for a moment, and then looked at Bubba. "MISTER B, DO YOU HONESTLY THINK YOUR KINDERGARTEN HAIR-PULLING BULL-poo poo IS THE PROPER WAY TO TELL THIS YOUNG LADY THAT YOU'VE HAD A CRUSH ON HER SINCE YOU SAW THAT BLONDE LITTLE HEAD OF HERS DOWN AT [middle school name]?!"

Bubba: Uh... nah. No. I guess not.
Me: :aaaaa:

Yeah. It turned out that Bubba had been tormenting me because he had some back-asswards idea that if he kept negging the poo poo out of me, I'd just turn around and be like "OH BUBBA I LOVE YOU SO MUCH LET US DATE FOREVER!" or something and we'd be Boyfriend and Girlfriend and hold hands and make out and poo poo.

We made our apologies, and we were sent home from school for the rest of the day. On our way to the admissions office, I asked Bubba if he actually had a crush on me or if he was lying. He admitted it, and I socked him in the arm and told him that if he hadn't been such a loving dick for six goddamn years, I might have dated him.

Well, we called truce, I signed myself out and made up some bullshit about how Bubba and I had to go buy poo poo for one of the many clubs I ran, and he gave me a ride home. We haven't really talked since (we graduated years ago now), but we added each other on Facebook and occasionally comment about football scores. He was rather friendly to me from then on, and he made sure that none of the popular kid clique ever hosed with me again. All's well that ends well, I guess.

Lolitas Alright! has a new favorite as of 01:00 on Sep 28, 2011

Dr. Dubious
Dec 5, 2010

Amputee Ninja Ryu Hayabusa
Reminds me of when I nearly got in a fight. This one guy was the biggest douchebag. White, wanted to be a rapper, parents were extremely rich, spoke like he was from America (he and I are both from Australia). One day he just starts on myself and a friend of mine, so I do what felt natural. Challenged him to a fight. This isn't the :wtc: moment though. That moment is the chaos that ensued. It ranged from everyone in my year at school actually placing bets, my friends making me do all these pushups and boxing training so I could kick his rear end, and right before the day? He called me up and told me he was cancelling the fight because he didn't want to get expelled. This wouldve been all fine and dandy, except the fight was planned for the formal after party where there were no teachers, thus no chance of expulsion. Needless to say nobody started on me ever again, even though I'm a scrawny, 5'9 guy who weighs 60kg.

That was a very :wtc: year.

Edit: I suppose the weirdest thing is is why I challenged him to a fight, and didn't just punch him then and there. Can't explain myself from 6 years ago :psyduck:.

Dr. Dubious has a new favorite as of 01:45 on Sep 28, 2011

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I got bullied on and off in middle school by girls who had been my friends, amazingly enough, just a few years prior. I have no idea what set it off, but whispers and laughs of 'she's a lesbian!' which was at the time the worst thing anyone could call you, became common. Taking pencils, generally being verbally abusive. And at one point they kicked my lunchbox around, and apparently that helped ice it.

Because the next day I was sitting, as usual, alone for lunch, and one of the girls came up to take my lunchbox. Instead of doing the screaming thing, I went the other route: for some reason I growled. Loudly. Like rabid dog growling, and she nearly tripped herself backing away.

I never touched her. But rumors went wild and they followed me through the second year of high school, mostly because I helped them along with little lies that I never got a rabies shot, and kids being kids thought that was a standard vaccination. I never ran around on all fours or wore wolf ears, but I did start growling or making snarling sounds to keep up the crazy meter. I had Dobermans at home, it was easy to mimic their sounds.

People don't pick on the crazy kid. Especially when the crazy kid said she'll bite off your ears and eat your eyes like grapes. Kids even signed my yearbook greeting me as Psycho. But I was never picked on again.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Doctor Malaver posted:

My current WTC moment is reading all these posts in which peaceful, scrawny goons beat up school bullies.

It happens a fair bit, but I'm not sure it's a case of "beating up", just "fighting back", which often turns out to be enough to stop the bullying. School bullies aren't usually huge trained fighters, they're just dicks who like to pick on the vulnerable. If you fight back, you make yourself a harder target and the bullying often stops, because seriously, who's going to taunt the kid who's known to snap and bite people in the throat or throw furniture around or whatever?

I think the official response to "fighting back" is always some zero tolerance bullshit mostly because of how bad kids can get when they lose it after years of bullying. I saw some scrawny kid tackle a guy who'd been casually pushing him into walls for a couple of years and bounce his head off the floor. Repeatedly. For way too long :(

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Lolitas Alright! posted:

All's well that ends well, I guess.

Is it weird that I think this whole You And Bubba story is kind of adorable?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Buzkashi posted:

Same. He ranks somewhere between :3: and :arghfist::saddowns:.

Sharks Below
May 23, 2011

ty hc <3

Buzkashi posted:

Totally agree.

I'm not a scrawny goon :colbert: I have only become violent a couple of other times. Once when a very entitled little rich boy from my senior high school called me "daughter of dyke" and said that my mother shouldn't be allowed to do her job (doctor) because she'd be perving whilst doing Pap smears. His mummy and daddy let him drive their spare swanky Volvo, and he was really obnoxious about it. I smashed all of its windows in with a cricket bat. Let's see you explain that one to mummy & daddy you little twerp.

Also my mum's first girlfriend became a pretty bad alcoholic, mum kicked her out eventually and she went insane, apparently, because she came back to the house all drunk and crazy. I was 16 and chatting to my boyfriend on IRC. I told him if I wasn't back to say all good in 5 mins to call the police. I yelled at my (tiny, tiny) mother to lock the doors, told my 13 year old brother to hide under his desk and went outside, locking the door behind me. She came up the stairs at the back of the house to the veranda and told me to let her in. I tried to be calm, smiley, reasonable and get her to go home and come back when sober. She wasn't having a bar of it. She was a rather big (tall, solid not really fat) lady and basically ended up throwing me through a plate glass window. I hit my head on the coffee table and was out for about 30 seconds. Long enough for her to go into mum's bedroom and lock the door. I got up, stormed down the hallway and heard my brother crying under his desk. Again, like the year before, I saw red and lost my poo poo completely. I broke the huge wooden door off both its hinges and at the lock. Straight down. She was throwing items at my mother. I smashed her over the head with a pretty heavy lamp, she fell to the ground, unconscious. I grabbed her by the hair and dragged her outside, through all the glass on the back area. My boyfriend had called the police and they pretty much turned up to see me, wild-eyed and bloody, standing next to her unconscious form, which I imagine was a :wtc: moment for them. They knew my mum really well and knew what had been happening (small town, mum does police forensic medical stuff and they love her) so they put her in the ambulance which had also turned up and we never saw her again. She went to a psych ward not too much after that.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Post Your Favorite (or Request) > Post Your Moments of Being a Total Badass

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Since everyone is posting :wtc: (somewhat) School stories. Mine was definitely that.

I was the unpopular kid in my grade in Jr.High (Funny enough, in most other grades above or below I was looked as a pretty alright guy), and so I generally hung around with other people that weren't "cool" in my grade.

Well, usually the "cool" kids would hang around the metal bar thing you could sit on that was near our entrance doors. But this one day, we got there before them so what do we do? We go and sit on it and start chatting.

Well, the "cool" kids come and say they want on. What do me and the other 2 guys I'm with say? "No we were here first. You can do something else". So they decided they want to get us off the bar. How did they plan to accomplish this? They took a whole bunch of cheese and crackers they had, would chew it all together into a goopey clump, and then spit it out and THROW it at us.

:wtc:

Still don't know why they loving did that.

Arc Rectifier
Mar 25, 2007

Because AC won't rectify itself.
Moment of WTC:

Back in the Cretaceous I used to take a bus to school. It was pretty much exactly as everyone else has described: I, being the Weird Kid with the Glasses and the English Accent who Didn't Wear What Everyone Else Was Wearing, came in for my share of bullshit. I had some friends, though, who made the ride bearable, and for the most part it was business as usual until the bus loving T-BONED A COMPACT HATCHBACK.

I think, and this is over two decades ago, mind, I think the woman ran a red and darted out in front of our lumbering bus. I don't remember the situation, only that we stopped super-hard, hard enough to bang all our heads on the seats in front, and that...a little while later...the driver of the hatchback was for some reason carried into the bus and laid on a seat in her C-spine collar. She had a hole in her forehead about the size of a glue-stick's diameter that wasn't welling but oozing blood.

I don't know whether this happened or whether I dreamed it after the bus crash; but I do know that whenever we sorted out the crash and got to school we were all made to go see the nurse in case we had whiplash, since the collision was pretty violent.

I remember the crash, the violent motion, and I remember seeing this woman lying on a bus seat with a red round hole in her forehead welling blood.

Other moment of WTC: later, in a different and far less lovely school, somewhere in between fifth and eighth grades, a particular boy had been persistent and really effective in his "you're stupid, you're useless, you're ugly, you're weird, and no one will ever like you" schtick. That on its own I could bear. That plus stealing the good library cushions to sit on and read until our parents came to fetch us? He would build forts out of them and when I said Jason can I please have one of those cushions he grinned at me, a poo poo-eating grin I can still recall, and said: no. For the forementioned reasons, ugly, etc.

I'd had enough; and I clawed him across the face with sufficient force to leave three pink parallel nailmarks. He burst into tears. Later, his parents would call my parents and we had to have A Discussion, but Christ Almighty that had felt good. That had felt wonderful.

Jason didn't bother me again until my senior year of high school, when he (as a junior) asked me to prom. That was pretty hilarious, all things considered.

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!
The bubba story actually reminds me of something really similar that happened to me in middle school.

Now, for me, middle school was absolute hell, hated every day of it. I was the butt of most all the jokes, teased and bullied (like the time someone took my backpack and shoved it in a bush on the opposite side of the campus, didn't find it until a few days later), and every time I tried standing up for myself I ended up essentially falling flat on my face (and once or twice, literally, like the one time I was tripped and a very large mentally retarded child fell on me and I couldn't breathe), so I just gave up by the middle of 7th grade.

Now, my school's old and strangely designed. It's in a circular shape with a very large courtyard in the center, you rarely never went from one class to another without going outside. Me and my circle of friends hung out in a small section in the mornings before classes started, had all 3 years of middle school. Anyways, starting the 2nd semester of 7th grade, this girl I didn't even know would grab my backpack and run around the courtyard. It never stemmed farther than that, really. No violence or anything (that was for someone else entirely)

Now, I had no idea who this girl was or anything, so I chased after her, and eventually she would give it back to me. This happened daily. Occasionally I would just not take the backpack off so she couldn't take it. Eventually I learned her name, but it was just the weirdest thing. I started teasing her (I guess? Back then I was just trying to get her to stop. I was a very awkward child, still am socially for the most part, I never thought what I was doing was teasing) and she teased me in return. We had a very strange relationship to be sure.

Fast forward to the middle of 8th grade, and her little sister is now starting out as a 6th grader. She hands me her older sister's planner (I assume she "borrowed it") and she showed me something. On the first page, it had both mine and her initials in a heart and arrow, you know, the usual thing.

That was the W.T.C. moment for me, really. The sudden realization that the reason this random girl had bothered me was because she liked me. I confronted her about it, she got embarrassed and I kind of just ignored her for the rest of the year. When high school came around, we ended up becoming decent friends. We'd hang out with the same people and tease each other, but we never ended up dating or anything.

The one thing I wonder still though, I had never met her before she started doing this in the mornings. So, my question is... why did she choose to do it in the first place? We didn't have any classes together, so I guess she chose to do it with some random guy she doesn't even know?

I also have a story of the fight in high school, but it's not too different from the ones already in the thread, so, eh. Dude messed with me for years, I challenged him to a fight. He agrees, but doesn't show, blames me for not showing, we do it again a few months later with spectators, I win, they leave me alone. Nothing much to it, really.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
When the gently caress did this turn into the "Post Your Stories of Being Bullied (And Kicking Their Asses)" thread?

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

I mentioned mauling a guy's eye and blinding it after he tried to mug me, people starting talking about being bullied. v:v:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Cuchulain posted:

I mentioned mauling a guy's eye and blinding it after he tried to mug me, people starting talking about being bullied. v:v:v

Earned your username, I'd say :black101: I don't have any tales about being bullied. I got teased plenty for being a fatty fat fat :( not loving obese, but I was visibly fat. Never got bullied, though- I had a reputation for being a snitch. Yes, if you bully me, I will tell the teacher about it. No one wanted to be the kid who was known for bullying the goddamn deaf student. Apparently there are limits even assholes will occasionally respect.

But, this is not a WTC moment. I really don't have any, or at least I don't remember them at the moment. :saddowns:

• Locked thread