Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessuno
Sep 2, 2011

If you don't wanna date me, that's fine, I get that...

BUT YOU'RE WRONG AND I HATE YOU
Today's my birthday! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Nessuno posted:

Happy Birthday!

My day is going to be awesome because it's Saturday and my mindset is 180 degrees different from the workweek. Also I've been losing weight and feeling better just by eating a little bit differently.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
I went and looked at tigers today.

HopWallace
Sep 8, 2004

free balloon day

Nessuno posted:

Happy birthday! Any plans for later or birthday traditions? I always make some pancakes, drink beer, and watch looney tunes as a birthday breakfast tradition.

Today I just got offered two indie features to edit before the end of the year. Going freelance was possibly the best decision I've made this year.

copy of a
Mar 13, 2010

by zen death robot
I was coming home from taking care of a friend's pets and saw a drunk driver. By the time I got my cell out to call *FHP, he was turning down a road and I knew the police wouldn't be able to find him, plus I couldn't get close enough to see what kind of vehicle it was. Just as I put my phone down, loving police pulls up right behind him and flashes his lights. I was like cheering in my car, "OH gently caress YES!" and clapping.
Maybe there is a God.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Taking it easy, being green
I had a ton of fun playing games with my friends today, and I'm super excited for my class projects next week. I got a ton of headway on a Nation Building project for political science and feeling good about the two months we'll be working on it.

e:

Nessuno posted:

It's a day late, but Happy birthday! Hope you enjoyed it. :toot:

Susat has a new favorite as of 04:23 on Sep 25, 2011

camgirl fangirl
Jan 17, 2008
EAT MORE
I went to a party and danced with a bunch of hot Asian chicks also my boss wants me to be the face of our new advertising campaign because I am so good looking +popular.

TIGER HOODZ
Aug 3, 2009

Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks
A debilitating sore throat that I've had for 2 long, agonizing days finally started to get better today. I can't put into words how horrible it was.

Beep Street
Aug 22, 2006

Chemotherapy and marijuana go together like apple pie and Chevrolet.

TIGER HOODZ posted:

A debilitating sore throat that I've had for 2 long, agonizing days finally started to get better today. I can't put into words how horrible it was.
Not being sick anymore feels amazing, I always feel like superwoman after I recover from an illness.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
I have a date! And this girl actually seems interested in me! :dance:

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Birthday today! I got some really nice gifts, like a cooling fan and a bottle of red wine that tastes like fruit juice.

Later on today I'm going to celebrate with Ben & Jerry's Americone Dream. It's turning out to be the best birthday I've had yet (if only because people actually paid attention to what I like and got things they knew I would be happy with).

ornery bean
Nov 7, 2010

Bear Rape posted:

Birthday today! I got some really nice gifts, like a cooling fan and a bottle of red wine that tastes like fruit juice.

Later on today I'm going to celebrate with Ben & Jerry's Americone Dream. It's turning out to be the best birthday I've had yet (if only because people actually paid attention to what I like and got things they knew I would be happy with).

Happy Birthday!!! Jealous of your ice cream escapades ahhhh

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

ornery bean posted:

Happy Birthday!!! Jealous of your ice cream escapades ahhhh

Thank you!

Because my mom got me extra stuff I didn't ask for (namely a stuffed Mario, because my favorite LP was of New Super Mario Bros Wii) I'm getting her ice cream too. It'll be a fun mother-daughter outing. :3:

Nadesico
Jun 15, 2001

by Y Kant Ozma Post
My daughter (7) helped me paint part of the house out of the blue this morning. We threw about an hour of catch and then came inside and played Lego (Ninja vs. Police) which resulted in girl Ninja's destroying the city police station for some kind of justice. :) It was a good day.

Budget Bears
Feb 7, 2011

I had never seen anyone make sweet love to a banjo like this before.
Dude from my swing dancing class, on whom I have a big ol' crush, told me, "Wow, you're really good. I've been coming here longer than you have, and you're already better than me. I definitely want to try some more aerial moves with you." :allears:

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Went to my parents for dinner and had awesome roast beef and potatoes with onion gravy, spent time with my new 1wk old niece and then watched the F1 with my dad. Awesome day!

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
I just got done with my date! I took her out to get sushi, and then we came back to my dorm room and watched a movie. And it looks like we're doing it again next weekend :dance:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

The Jumpoff posted:

I just got done with my date! I took her out to get sushi, and then we came back to my dorm room and watched a movie. And it looks like we're doing it again next weekend :dance:

Read your last update on this thread earlier today, awesome man!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Listening to a live stream of the LA Philharmonic season opener. Rhapsody in Blue with Herbie Hancock on piano! :w00t:

skylined
Sep 13, 2010

by T. Fine
Go Rays!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

skylined posted:

Go Rays!

This like a motherfucker. That Triple Play was a thing of beauty.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Got a 12 can pack of Yoohoos. Am reliving childhood.

One of my friends told me that Yoohoos would be a great post-apocalyptic drink, and I couldn't agree more.

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Listening to a live stream of the LA Philharmonic season opener. Rhapsody in Blue with Herbie Hancock on piano! :w00t:

HOLY poo poo is there anywhere I can watch this post-livestream?

Content: I ran 7.3 miles last night just because I felt like it. First time I've run that far in probably two years. Felt great!

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I leave in about 5 minutes to go talk to a school about a job. A friend told me about it yesterday and evidently put in a good word for me, so they invited me right on over.

It will probably me equal or more pay than my list job, but with a lot less work and stress and drama than my old gig.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Takin' a dirt nap with baby Jesus
Booked a place for my wedding. Such a relief. Now the planning process doesn't feel quite so daunting.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Getting closer with the wife, despite the fact that we hardly see each other during the week except when we are eating dinner/sleeping. Her sister, who is one of my favorite people, is coming into town tomorrow so this should be a weekend of good adventures.

Some poignant reminders of why baseball is an incredible sport despite all nay-sayers.

Good feelings about a couple tenuous, totally out-of-my-control situations...but at least good feelings are something! :)

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
I'm learned the house party i'm throwing next month is being sponsored by bacardi and playboy energy drink. This means 2 shot bars, bacardi AND playboy girls and photographers present. This might be my crowning achievement in life.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
Went to the pub after Uni and got quite drunk for no good reason.

May 1, 2008

ಠ_ಠ
8 weeks after being in a motorcycle accident, I finally get a cast off! I can start trying to get fit and live more normally now...You don't realize how much you miss your hands until you can barely use them :unsmith:

Edit: Yay! my friends are throwing a dinner for me tonight to celebrate! Things are starting to look up!

005060524 has a new favorite as of 21:53 on Sep 29, 2011

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Got a new job after 2 years at one that I hate.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Ran 5k for the first time in a long time without pain.

Did a very good thing for my job that will net us a lot of money.

Was given a very lovely compliment from a woman I see around the neighborhood.

After a couple of weeks of schedules that were just messed up beyond belief I was finally able to make plans with the guy I've been seeing for tonight. And for Sunday.

It is sunny and a bit crisp, the perfect fall day as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, and it is taco truck Thursday!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The Braves choked but the Rays are in. So baseball wise it's more 50/50 for me.

On the other hand I got depressed "We choked away the wild card" sex so I guess that was ok.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly

One Sick Puppy posted:

The Braves choked but the Rays are in. So baseball wise it's more 50/50 for me.

On the other hand I got depressed "We choked away the wild card" sex so I guess that was ok.

Aw. :( All I got for the Braves choking away the wild card was "depressed rub my wiener between the couch cushions as I drifted off the sleep."

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Cardinals made the playoffs. I suddenly care about post-season baseball for once.

Thrawn200
Dec 13, 2008

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin & Hobbes
Found $20 on the sidewalk and an interview for a new job went great.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

The Jumpoff posted:

Cardinals made the playoffs. I suddenly care about post-season baseball for once.

Says the guy who's team has a World Series ring from within the past 5 years and won their division within the past two years and 6 times in the past decade.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

MindlessHavok posted:

Says the guy who's team has a World Series ring from within the past 5 years and won their division within the past two years and 6 times in the past decade.

True. I should re-phrase that as "in a decent amount of time".

MongolArcher
Jan 2, 2009
Today was the Feast of St. Michael. Which means that you must eat goose! I dunno why really, it's medieval tradition, and because I hang out with a bunch of crazy cool medieval historians, scholars, and reenactors, I get to have goose on 29 September.

So tonights feast was a bleu d'auvergne cheese with french bread and a mascarpone with figs and cantalope. Assorted olives and vegetables as canapes. A twelve pound roast goose, stuffed with herbs that I grew in my garden, huge salad, broccoli, mashed potatoes and goose gravy. The dessert was either pound cake or ginger cake topped with raspberries my fiance and I picked this summer, and covered in whipped cream that I made with heavy cream from a local dairy.

And we had hot spiced cider, and amazing red wine, and we talked and ate and had a lovely evening.

Best of all for me? It's the first dinner party I've been well enough, energetic enough to hostess for two year. :)

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Forgot that a huge project was due today but finished it 2 hours before deadline. Felt so good I decided to help some of my classmates finish their projects including the cute girl who I never had the courage to talk to and got her number :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

005060524 posted:

8 weeks after being in a motorcycle accident, I finally get a cast off! I can start trying to get fit and live more normally now...You don't realize how much you miss your hands until you can barely use them :unsmith:

Edit: Yay! my friends are throwing a dinner for me tonight to celebrate! Things are starting to look up!
:buddy: This is great news man! Hope you enjoy the night, it sounds like you have a stellar group of friends around.

Away all Goats posted:

Forgot that a huge project was due today but finished it 2 hours before deadline. Felt so good I decided to help some of my classmates finish their projects including the cute girl who I never had the courage to talk to and got her number :hellyeah:
The deadline thing has happened to me more times than I'd like to admit, but nice job getting a chick's number out of it!

As for why my day was great:
-Got to use my new running shoes! I have a full jog tomorrow planned for them, but today was a nice test run. They beat my street shoes which I used so much. Thankfully my aching feet should be alleviated now!
-Not to be E/N but after a year that started out terrible for me, I'm coming back around, better than before. Today was a nice return to old times again.
-My awesome uncle happens to know a lot of managers in town and has put in a real good word for me at two local stores. Both managers are interested and I think I have a fair shot landing a part time job to fund college and stuff! (And of course buying things on my own with leftover money)

buglord has a new favorite as of 08:19 on Sep 30, 2011