Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Cardboard Box A posted:

Why is her broom a vacuum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Cardboard Box A posted:

They're rebooting Sabrina The Teenage Witch

And now she's got a full on superhero costume complete with 3-inch heel hookerboots.

Her regular costume is fine though, with the exception (again) of the ridiculous boots meant to suggest ye olden tyme colonial footwear.

In the words of the great Aatrek

what in the hell

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Magnus Condomus posted:

Why is her broom a vacuum?

Looks more like a funky-rear end guitar to me. Also echoing the "What the hell?" sentiment.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
The art style looks like it's trying to ape Beyond Good and Evil without any of the charm or... style.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

What is up with her hair in the "broom" pic. It looks like a giant spider on her head.

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
I agree with the comments on the website that it's good to see an action show for girls with a female protagonist who has short hair and proper clothes, though I've never seen that Kim Possible show so don't know if that's already covered the bases.

However, that hair looks horrible. It's obviously in early stages of development, so I assume it'll change in time. The people who own Sabrina can surely afford graphics better than that.

On the subject of her riding a vacuum cleaner, I'm almost certain that Sabrina has always rode on a vacuum cleaner... or at least done it before.

e: A quick google search showed that live-action Sabrina, at least, rode a vacuum cleaner instead of a broom.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Kim had long hair and her outfit was sort of atheletic, as a cartoon any clothing is going to be a bit generic.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Let's be real here, the only thing that matters is whether or not they get Nick Bakay back.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Hearing about Hey Arnold being on TV again makes me happy and also sad at the same time because we never, ever got a good enough end to it. I remember finding out what Craig Bartlett had in mind for how it was going to actually end, and it sounded like the kind of way I'd want it to end as well.

But of course, Nickelodeon had to gently caress it up with the movie then cliffhanger it with that diary episode. :smith:

What really pissed me off about the movie was how they completely played up the whole "Holy poo poo guys Helga confesses" thing in pretty much all the ads and then she handwaves it off as the heat of the moment at the end

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Zeether posted:

Hearing about Hey Arnold being on TV again makes me happy and also sad at the same time because we never, ever got a good enough end to it. I remember finding out what Craig Bartlett had in mind for how it was going to actually end, and it sounded like the kind of way I'd want it to end as well.

But of course, Nickelodeon had to gently caress it up with the movie then cliffhanger it with that diary episode. :smith:

What really pissed me off about the movie was how they completely played up the whole "Holy poo poo guys Helga confesses" thing in pretty much all the ads and then she handwaves it off as the heat of the moment at the end
Wasn't the movie supposed to be closure to the series?

I don't actually know because I've never seen it, but that's what I heard.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

GonSmithe posted:

Wasn't the movie supposed to be closure to the series?

I don't actually know because I've never seen it, but that's what I heard.
There was supposed to be another movie where Arnold finds his parents. It never happened.

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?

Zeether posted:

There was supposed to be another movie where Arnold finds his parents. It never happened.

http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/Hey_Arnold!:_The_Jungle_Movie

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Holy poo poo. I have never seen all this before. All these plans and stuff...

I know online petitions almost never work but I almost want to sign that petition to get it released.

e: Oh, it's some Facebook group. I bet someone's started a petition though.

Zeether fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 23, 2011

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?
It would be nice, but online petitions usually never work, and Craig Bartlett himself has moved on (he's currently at Jim Henson Productions, where he created Dinosaur Train which he works on alongside fellow Hey Arnold scribe Joe Purdy), so it will probably remain one of those ideas that never was.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So the end of the Season 2 two-parter for MLP was a parody of a New Hope complete with awkward facial expression exchanges, they even played a similar piece of music for the sequence.

Also sending dozens of messages at once through a little dragon will cause serious and lasting harm to said dragon.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Vaerai Archon posted:

Also sending dozens of messages at once through a little dragon will cause serious and lasting harm to said dragon.

I hope it's not lasting. :(

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Magikoopa189 posted:

I hope it's not lasting. :(

He looked like my cat when she's about to barf.

So he'll be ok in like 12 seconds.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

mobo85 posted:

It would be nice, but online petitions usually never work, and Craig Bartlett himself has moved on (he's currently at Jim Henson Productions, where he created Dinosaur Train which he works on alongside fellow Hey Arnold scribe Joe Purdy), so it will probably remain one of those ideas that never was.
Yeah. :smith:

On a happier note though, I had no idea what some of the voice actors from HA were up to after the series, and several months ago someone linked an IAmA thread on Reddit that Francesca Smith (Helga) posted. She still remembers the songs from the opera episode, and someone even jokingly asked her to spell "qualm." :3:

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Vaerai Archon posted:

So the end of the Season 2 two-parter for MLP was a parody of a New Hope complete with awkward facial expression exchanges, they even played a similar piece of music for the sequence.

I've only watched the first episode of the season premiere but I was really surprised at all of the subtle/unsubtle references to Stephen King books. I pretty much lost it when the Needful Things nod came on.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Zeether posted:

Yeah. :smith:

On a happier note though, I had no idea what some of the voice actors from HA were up to after the series, and several months ago someone linked an IAmA thread on Reddit that Francesca Smith (Helga) posted. She still remembers the songs from the opera episode, and someone even jokingly asked her to spell "qualm." :3:

qualx.

Everybody knows that.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

secret mountain fort awesome airs tonight.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

thelaughingman posted:

secret mountain fort awesome airs tonight.

I'm curious to see how this does. On one hand the art style looks to be similar to Rat Fink on the other hand I'm getting Robotomy vibes from the characters.

I think Robotomy didn't even last a full season and had two unproduced episodes.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Vaerai Archon posted:

I think Robotomy didn't even last a full season and had two unproduced episodes.
That's a drat shame, considering that it was created by the same guy who created Superjail! and featured the voice of Patton Oswalt.

Remember: Stick Stickley makes his return to TV in two weeks (October 7th) on the '90s Are All That block on Teen Nick to host your favorite '90s shows, so get your votes in at http://www.90sareallthat.com and make your voice heard!

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I thought this was fake, but when I saw it on TV I realised it was real.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p50-oWY1pFE

It's clever and strange....and well at this point they've thrown out the original demographics. The little icons in the phone while all themed, there's a few that are fan shoutouts like Derp-Zam.

Vaerai Archon fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 27, 2011

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

Vaerai Archon posted:

I thought this was fake, but when I saw it on TV I realised it was real.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p50-oWY1pFE

It's clever and strange....and well at this point they've thrown out the original demographics. The little icons in the phone while all themed, there's a few that are fan shoutouts like Derp-Zam.

Much like the "Equestria Girls" promo, this is just The Hub's way of saying thanks to the bronies. (One of the icons is the logo for Equestria Daily, one of the major My Little Pony fan sites.) They and the producers of the show obviously realize that the brony fanbase is partially responsible for bringing the show into the public consciousness.

Though as someone who has never seen the show (but plans on it- just lazy) but follows the brony phenomenon somewhat, I still think the best thing was Bill Clinton talking about ponies.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

NPR did that again to someone else I think.

In all fairness, Clinton didn't know anything, the questions are just really obvious.

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

IRQ posted:

In all fairness, Clinton didn't know anything, the questions are just really obvious.

Definitely. But the one about the cutie mark could have tripped someone up. Clinton was an awesome sport about the whole thing.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
If they had just said a tattoo on their butts I doubt Clinton would have picked it. But when you give it that name... And I guess cutie marks are sort of iconic at this point.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

And don't forget that Clinton had a little girl who grew up during the 80s.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Apparently this was a real segment that was on MAD this last Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gufXf67qBcc
:stare:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

dylan14 posted:

Literally the worst show.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

That basically sums up everything I hate about the internet.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

dylan14 posted:

This is beautiful.

:nyan:

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

GonSmithe posted:

Literally the worst show.

Not as long as Family Guy is on the air I'm afraid. Let me present Exhibit A, from last Sunday's season premiere. MAD has the merits of using mildly relevant material, doing something creative with said material and acknowledging that these memes are pretty stupid.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Clarissa and Doug are back in the 1:00-2:00 am spot on the '90s block.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

dylan14 posted:

I just. I don't.

Who the hell is the target demographic for MAD?!?!?!?

e:

Also the animation reminds me a lot of Egoraptor :stare:

Sockser fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 28, 2011

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Oh come on, that isn't terrible. I mean its certainly not good or anything, but I've seen a lot worse from Mad.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

dylan14 posted:

The artist that created the trollface sent a bunch of cease-and-desist letters to Reddit, etc. a month ago, he's going to have a conniption when he finds out about that.

And I had no idea that birds with arms was a thing outside of SA.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I don't know if I'm more angry or impressed at the fact that they used a Minecraft reference. Every time I see a clip of MAD, it just depresses me a little. So much potential, squandered all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Farbtoner posted:

The artist that created the trollface sent a bunch of cease-and-desist letters to Reddit, etc. a month ago, he's going to have a conniption when he finds out about that.

And I had no idea that birds with arms was a thing outside of SA.

Hopefully then it'll mean it'll kill all those horrible horrible things.

Though I did love the last shot of Lion-o. :3: