Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigJimSlade
Sep 18, 2004

In the event of zombie apocalypse, this thread comes equipped with BIG JIM SLADE!

Ninpo posted:

Please tell me this wasn't a player...

It was Nathan Eccleston, Liverpool player out on loan. He first referred to 9/11 as an 'accident', that was his followup tweet. He's deleted them now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?9388-Gian-Piero-Gasperini&p=813783&viewfull=1#post813783

Inter>Milan posted:

Sacking him this early is abit too rash. But if the team doesn't show any signs of improvement during the next two weeks, i'll be all for sacking him! I'm so angry i can't sleep :(

http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?9388-Gian-Piero-Gasperini&p=813983&viewfull=1#post813983

armendsh posted:

gaspethreefourthreeini had a meeting with Branca for 30minutes... Lets see if he gona stick with 3-4-3 again..

http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?9388-Gian-Piero-Gasperini&p=814151&viewfull=1#post814151

Coasterfreek posted:

Hey Gasp, your pants are on fire, please switch to 4 backs or GTFO this team.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 12, 2011

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

http://www.youtube.com/comment?lc=5cvWMH1kDKAxkmfwFrzYjxz6WvdQGSB0bx20dqXEXVM

quote:

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT MILAN DEFEATS FC UEFALONA, FC UNICEF, FC FIFA

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

quote:

Stoke will go down this season. On Saturday they scored through a very dodgy pen, two stonewall penalties for Liverpool were turned down and sitter after sitter was missed by Suarez, Henderson etc. All the luck that Stoke were due this season has come in one game. They'd better be wary of beachballs when they play Sunderland.

boo hoo

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

quote:

I don't think I will watch football again, I am going to be the laughing stock of all my ac milan friends that I play futbol against. We better win ever game in champions league after this defeat, we should have won this game 6 to 0, we will be laughing stocks of Europe at this rate. We lost in our stadium how do you explain that one. I can't take this anymore whatever we need to fix we need to fix it, whether its formation or morale, we need to fix it and be the champions, that we r.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

quote:

For all the people defending our brilliant tactician I ve got a question if he broke to your mothers house and rape her you would still defend him? I am asking because thats exactly what he is doing with this team now loving bend over

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Sep 15, 2011

xcdude24
Dec 23, 2008

quote:

RELEGATION

YES RELEGATION

THE WORD IS A WORD WE ARE NOT USED TO WHEN TALKING OF ARSENAL....

BUT RELEGATION FOLKS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE...

Its the 125th birthday of our wonderful institution that is called Arsenal football club.

We have seen top flight football every year since 1919 and boast a proud history.

We have had hard times, no cups of note during the 60s
No title challenges from 53-70
No FA Cup wins from 50-71 and 79-93
Long periods of wilderness and some top flight battles notably during the mid 70s

But seriously never ever in my time as a gooner have i felt so low.....this is atrocious..

I had hardly anyone text me when we lost 8-2
I have today received 20 plus texts laughing at me from QPR, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Man Utd and even a Plymouth mate of mine....all taking the piss...

I go to work on Monday knowing every kid in my skool is gonna take the piss along with my teaching colleagues.

I had to sit and watch like all Gooners the worst crock of poo poo i have seen in blue and white amass THREE shots on goal and score four....

ONLY THIS CIRRENT ARSENAL TEAM CAN DO THIS....NO OTHER TEAM DOES IT

Since February and that joke final we have been basically appalling.....

WE ARE RELEGATION FODDER.....AND DONT COUNT AGAINST IT HAPPENING.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:
even a Plymouth mate of mine....all taking the piss...

lol at this

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
:unsmigghh:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Its probably better for the finance thread but it boggles the mind so much and IBP has posted so much Ridsdale poo poo that I'm sticking it here.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/sep/18/tiki-taka-peter-reid-sacked

Sacked for selling a loving runners up medal to help try and pay the rest of the staff who haven't been paid.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
To be fair he wasn't sacked for that, just despite.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

xcdude24 posted:

"along with my teaching colleagues"

Oh dear.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

quote:

I dont by that United have the best of everything in the world; reckon it is the same when it comes to medical staff too. The more likely scenario is that Hargreaves knew he probably didn t have much left in the tank and feigned injury for the last year and a half whilst he was at United and then magically rose to fitness just in time to get one last big pay day

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Paperhouse posted:

Not sure what I find funnier, the idea that Hargreaves feigned injury or that he thought he'd get a good contract out of it

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

quote:

There was a time when Asians had to endure alot more racism than they do now. Should we just tell them when they experience racism to stop whinging 'cos they have it easy compared to how they used to have it? Pointing to the past is no way to justify the present.

from an argument about smoking on the walkways around the stadium

quote:

I rarely use the toilets at COMS to be honest. I did tonight as I figured the family stand bogs would be less hostile. A lot of the time in the bogs at COMS I end up with bald blokes staring at me and I'm scared they'll hit me or rape me. Seriously.

quote:

I have a thing about toilets to be honest. Like the kid in American Pie lol

Seriously, I do find them intimidating at COMS though, always skin heads staring and I'm never sure if it's because they're gay or dead hard.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

from an argument about smoking on the walkways around the stadium

Not sure what's so terrible about this

josip broz tifo
Feb 5, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

c0burn posted:

Not sure what's so terrible about this

mods plz rename c0burn Gay or Dead Hard

josip broz tifo
Feb 5, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
Actually, now that I look at these again, is it supposed to be that this person is still referring to the Etihad as the COMS that is making the posts bad?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
No its the fact hes terrified of being raped by gay bald men when he goes for a wee at half time? Also the first because its an utterly ridiculous analogy

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

No its the fact hes terrified of being raped by gay bald men when he goes for a wee at half time? Also the first because its an utterly ridiculous analogy

Yeah I thought it was pretty obvious tbh

brapbrapbrap
Jan 18, 2010

by T. Mascis
Scared of gay, bald men?

Good job he doesn't post on TRP then.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Hmm

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

brapbrapbrap posted:

Scared of gay, bald men?

Good job he doesn't post on TRP then.

As a gay, bald man in TRP I would like to think I don't scare anyone overly.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
You want give Hondo your credit? Go for it guy, no one even know who he is? You crazy you inventing you own player then no even give him your credit!! What happening with you guy. Why not just give Hondo you credit, he can't play anyway guy, if you no like him maybe he can 'HonDO' one like they say with Liverpool, right.

I joke with friend, you Red, it ok make mistake if you real Red. LiverpEEl for ever right/ YNWA

josip broz tifo
Feb 5, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Chuggo posted:

You want give Hondo your credit? Go for it guy, no one even know who he is? You crazy you inventing you own player then no even give him your credit!! What happening with you guy. Why not just give Hondo you credit, he can't play anyway guy, if you no like him maybe he can 'HonDO' one like they say with Liverpool, right.

I joke with friend, you Red, it ok make mistake if you real Red. LiverpEEl for ever right/ YNWA

What is even going on in this post?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
From the Guardian comments, defending Tevez refusing to go on as a sub against Bayern:

quote:

But maybe what he says is true? That he was not feeling mentally right to play? That he'd been fighting on the bench, maybe with Zaba, and wasn't up for the task. That he felt that when he'd go to the pitch he might kick someone and get a red card. It can happen. He's not nearly as talented as Maradona was but his psyche is the same. He could have gone on and kicked a few Bayern players, the ones who humiliated La Albiceleste in the World Cup. Seeing them makes me angry, still. Especially Muller and Schweinsteiger. If they were here in front of me, I might do the thing that the You are the Ref folk used to do to Gary Neville. And I'm not as hot-headed as Tevez.

He does have that brutal honesty. He is what he is, and a street player, and a street fighter. Maybe what he said was true. Seeing Germany 2-0 up made him remember the most traumatic experience of his career -- and of my life as a football fan.

Yeah, you should be a professional and rise above it, but he was honest with Mancini, knowing he'd not be able to do a good job.

Now, I don't know whether this is what happened, but it might have. That game in South Africa broke my heart.

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TomSellek posted:

That describes brap when his wife comes home and takes her military boots off

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

Ninpo posted:

That describes brap when his wife comes home and takes her military boots off

brap has a wife??? :wth:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

This thread has really simple rules, like literally pre-school level. Try to follow them.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

football365 posted:

The promising Neviller aside, our favourite number two is definitely Chris Waddle, who works on ESPN and the BBC during World Cup. We even like the way he goofily grins at the camera when introduced alongside the excellent Jon Champion, a man who puts us in mind of a slightly frightening, red-nosed circus clown.

loving kill me

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
I find Waddle quite likable. He's not fantastic and can't pronounce the word "penalty" (although that may be down to his own demons), but I think he's ok. Could just be because I liked him so much as a player, though.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

TomSellek posted:

Sounds like you had a good time

~~foot smellah~~

youtube posted:

As a Liverpool fan I say ARSENAL WERE A DISGRACE TO THE GAME. Not because of the score but cos they gave up at half time and did nothing for their fans. They even missed a pen FFS!!

I hate to say it but our crappy football season is over before its begun and that aint Man Scums fault , its every other clubs fault for bottling it every year!

Football died about 12 years ago when most fans started playing spot the English man then spot the ENGLISH MANAGER!

WHERE DO WE LIVE AGAIN?

belgend fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Oct 4, 2011

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

quote:

don't rule Liverpool off b'cos let wait to see. our motto says we never walk alone so we are going clinch the title this year.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

quote:

Pepe drinking coke during the game? Or is he throwing a bottle of the field?

:staredog:

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

T. Finn posted:

The bubbles in fizzy drinks allow him to make incredible leaps.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Footballers and their coke habits, shameful.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Football writers on twitter are loving tragic.

Matt Law today asking what people do, and why they're on twitter all day...

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

quote:

regarding shankly. when you look at his quotes, you realise how it's his philosophy that has shaped what liverpool are. i think it's one of the reasons why all away fans hate us. jealousy. i genuinely feel part of something good supporting ...lfc. on the other hand, shankly's quotes were from the 60's and 70's. football was different, society was different. under david moores (91-2007) lfc more or less adhered to that philosophy. one of the greatest clubs ever went into decline. why? because in 92 came the PL and Sky. utd moved in and took over. we stood and watched. football is a business now. a family run good will gesture to the people of liverpool won't win anything today. football is a part of capitalism and you either sink or swim unfortunately. henry's ensuring we swim for once.

quote:

regarding other clubs - never mind lfc and utd playing each other every week without the others. how about lfc and utd dropping out and seeing how much the PL's revenue is then. i disagree, we don't need the others. if accrington stanley get to the prem people will want to watch us and utd play them, exactly like norwich. they're irrelevant. the villa's evertons and spurs could be in a middle bracket. we're the commodity and we have higher running costs than norwich. we need to generate more cash than norwich to survive. we're the ones who entertain the audience. why should walk on parts get the same. what is the best thing about spain. sun and barcelona. they reap the rewards for being an ambassador of spain. like i keep saying, football is a business and countries don't hold back their best commodities in any other sector. why do it in football. lfc and utd should get their fair share (based on it's us and them who generate the cash in the first place) and if that makes us become better than the rest, including gangster owned clubs or billionaire oil sheikhs toy clubs, then tough poo poo.

I'm not sure this is as ridiculous as some of the things in the thread, I was just gobsmacked at how short sighted and selfish his opinion is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
No no, it's EASILY as ridiculous.