Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
babyburps69
Sep 28, 2011
signed up for the GGPO tournerment!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Cat Machine posted:

gently caress you for saying this because then I went and read all the comments

Don't post a banme, obviously

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
By the way, shoutouts to paymentplan for putting up with my noob Ryu in Super Turbo last night.

Went back and learned his normals and a couple BnB's though. Also worked on getting shoryukens to come out on a 360 pad. Hopefully I won't be as terrible if I play again.

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
http://www.giantbomb.com/skullgirls-parasoul-reports-for-duty/17-4969/

Haven't seen this trailer anywhere before, the official Parasoul 'reveal' for Skullgirls.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

raocow posted:

Haven't seen this trailer anywhere before, the official Parasoul 'reveal' for Skullgirls.

It's been posted on the main page's character page for a number of days now. Guess nobody decided to link it here, haha

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

raocow posted:

GiantBomb video links never work for me. I click on the play button and try and switch between progressive and streaming and it never does anything. Am I doing something wrong?

vvvv I have AdBlock on. I'll try turning it off, thanks.

E: Nope. It shows a little loading bar for about second now though.

PalmTreeFun fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Sep 29, 2011

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

PalmTreeFun posted:

GiantBomb video links never work for me. I click on the play button and try and switch between progressive and streaming and it never does anything. Am I doing something wrong?

make sure you're using the latest version of flash and whatever browser you're on? If you have adblock try whitelisting giant bomb.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
This is weird. Not only has My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic not been Cease and Desisted like crazy, but they're actually making progress on the thing. They even did a live stream thinger for it earlier this month. For a free to download fanmade fighting game based on a childrens cartoon, it looks pretty darn fun so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR9qtgIi3Rw&feature=player_embedded

Also the best part of the stream is "Will arcade sticks work? LOL I dunno, if not use joy2key!"

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Gutcruncher posted:

This is weird. Not only has My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic not been Cease and Desisted like crazy, but they're actually making progress on the thing. They even did a live stream thinger for it earlier this month. For a free to download fanmade fighting game based on a childrens cartoon, it looks pretty darn fun so far.

Also the best part of the stream is "Will arcade sticks work? LOL I dunno, if not use joy2key!"

What surprises me more about this thing's existence is that it doesn't look like a bad game!

I hope they don't ruin it with bad voice acting, or unnecessary "nyaah"s and "uaaaaaaah~"s.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Huh, its probably Fighter Maker 2nd being used to make the game (Remember those RPG Maker programs? Same developer). So if sticks work fine with Vanguard Princess, then probably same with this game.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

What surprises me more about this thing's existence is that it doesn't look like a bad game!

I hope they don't ruin it with bad voice acting, or unnecessary "nyaah"s and "uaaaaaaah~"s.

Actually they chose their Twilight Sparkle actress and she sounds close to the real thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYdKEjmJhDA&feature=related

Theyre currently doing Applejack auditions I think, and I saw one on youtube that also sounded real close to the real thing. If that trend keeps up I dont think the voices should be a concern.

Gamest Mook
Jun 22, 2011

by Ozmaugh

PalmTreeFun posted:

By the way, shoutouts to paymentplan for putting up with my noob Ryu in Super Turbo last night.

Went back and learned his normals and a couple BnB's though. Also worked on getting shoryukens to come out on a 360 pad. Hopefully I won't be as terrible if I play again.

I can't even imagine trying to get ST DPs to come out consistently on a 360 pad.

Jock Mocken
Apr 7, 2005

on point like a unicorn, strapped like tha unabomb
everyday a work day but dont wear a uniform
Gucci Mane a dapper don, capper like a Capricorn

Gamest Mook posted:

I can't even imagine trying to get ST DPs to come out consistently on a 360 pad.

I played HDR with regular 360 pads for a couple years and with practice got reasonably used to DP inputs with the analog stick but yeah it's really easy to accidentally go too far and get a fireball. I hope nobody is trying to play using the stock d-pad.

Gamest Mook
Jun 22, 2011

by Ozmaugh
HDR has easier inputs!

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

S-Alpha posted:

Yeah, gently caress those goddamn Americans, always stealing my stuff for absolutely zero reason at all, gently caress that poo poo man, fight the system, DOWN WITH THE GOVERNMENT.
This, but unironically.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

PalmTreeFun posted:

vvvv I have AdBlock on. I'll try turning it off, thanks.

E: Nope. It shows a little loading bar for about second now though.

If you can't watch it you can just view it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlSCXidxy04

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Heads up if the ST tourney does well and people aren't going to be retarded about GGPO I'm going to do a Jojo's tourney next.

Game's fun and I want to play it more and so should you.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

50 Cent Bulletproof posted:

I was under the impression that they had taken his stuff after he'd already been home, not at the border. Makes a little more sense. Did he not let them search his stuff?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just-world_hypothesis

edit poo poo the kotaku comments are fuckin rife wit dis

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Buhbuhj posted:

Heads up if the ST tourney does well and people aren't going to be retarded about GGPO I'm going to do a Jojo's tourney next.

Did somebody say ... Jojos?

I'm surprised you're saying Jojos, not vsav.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Buhbuhj posted:

Yes, a game I can actually beat people in!

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Fayk posted:

Did somebody say ... Jojos?

I'm surprised you're saying Jojos, not vsav.

I think he means both :colbert:

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I can't get goons to play vsav so no, I just mean Jojos.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Buhbuhj posted:

I can't get goons to play vsav so no, I just mean Jojos.

Weird, when I was around it seemed like just the opposite.

Aside from then fact that you couldn't get most people to play either.

Cactus!
Sep 24, 2007

Cinroth posted:

Received my Qanba Q4RAF from gremlinsolutions today and the stick owns and is rad as heck and everyone should own one because it owns.

How much was the shipping to sweden? Cheer's

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Gutcruncher posted:

I like Twilight's space controlling bullshit, her book bombs remind me of Parasoul. Maybe it'll actually end up a fun game :woop:

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010
But but but it has ponies :arghfist::qq:

With all these nice sticks that work on both 360 and PS3 I'm feeling really conflicted. I can tolerate using a stick, and could get a nice one that's dual-modded out of the box, but I have a custom that's mostly ready to go, I just need Akishop to finish the PS360+.

I guess I'm just full of :qq: today.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Cactus! posted:

How much was the shipping to sweden? Cheer's

It was £35.00, excluding VAT.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Zaa Boogie posted:

Her voice acting and lose animation own so hard. Did she have voice acting before this?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

PalmTreeFun posted:

Her voice acting and lose animation own so hard. Did she have voice acting before this?

She didn't, and one of my friends is real pissed that she does now because, "well she's a secret agent so it makes sense for her to be silent and stoic" *ignores the James Bond trope that's all about wit and banter that she's emulating*

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Well your friend's reason is dumb but I actually agree, I liked her better without voice acting.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Not me, I think her voice/banter owns.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I'm waiting for the Egrets' voices, they're bound to be hilarious.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

vkeios posted:

Huh, its probably Fighter Maker 2nd being used to make the game (Remember those RPG Maker programs? Same developer). So if sticks work fine with Vanguard Princess, then probably same with this game.

Yes, sticks work fine with this game as it's in the engine. Not sure it's Fighter Maker though.
e: or at least I don't remember the devs saying it was Fighter Maker when asked in their livestream. They did say it had native stick support though!

Metrohunter fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 30, 2011

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Metrohunter posted:

Yes, sticks work fine with this game as it's in the engine. Not sure it's Fighter Maker though.
e: or at least I don't remember the devs saying it was Fighter Maker when asked in their livestream. They did say it had native stick support though!

In their FAQ they mentioned using Fighter Maker 2002 because it was a good balance of ease of use and functionality.

Elephantgun
Feb 13, 2010

Zaa Boogie posted:

Just chiming in to say that this rocks. I've been anticipating skullgirls ever since Mike Z announced development and it's really coming along. Still not sure how I feel about her voice acting though

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Zaa Boogie posted:

Oh man, that fist shake animation at the end is priceless. Shame it got delayed, but I guess that just leaves more time for KoF and UMvC3 then.

Elephantgun
Feb 13, 2010

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Oh man, that fist shake animation at the end is priceless. Shame it got delayed, but I guess that just leaves more time for KoF and UMvC3 then.

Don't forget about Blazblue: Continuum Shift: Extended Edition: "The 3 characters you already bought as DLC + 1 more that we're re-releasing on a 50 dollar disk that isn't compatible with your current version so you have to buy it if you want to play online": For PS3/Xbox360

Elephantgun fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 30, 2011

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Elephantgun posted:

Don't forget about Blazblue: Continuum Shift: Extended Edition: "The 3 characters you already bought as DLC + 1 more but we're re-releasing content you already have that isn't compatible with your current version so you have to buy it if you want to play online": For PS3/Xbox360

Extend wont be another free update?

Elephantgun
Feb 13, 2010

Gutcruncher posted:

Extend wont be another free update?

Nope, it's a disk release. The 3 DLC characters + Relius, who will be usable in arcade mode, have story mode crafted around them, have story mode revisions, and 4 new "joke" story scenarios. So 1 new character (4 if you never bought DLC) + a bunch of mediocre anime storyline for 50 dollars. And some character rebalancing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Gutcruncher posted:

In their FAQ they mentioned using Fighter Maker 2002 because it was a good balance of ease of use and functionality.

Maybe their FAQ said that but having used FM2nd before, I can tell you it's a gigantic pile of poo poo. It also doesn't get along well with Windows 7 that well, as it has some weird frame rate skipping issues.

It does have a mediocre netplay client though!

• Locked thread