Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Astrolite posted:

I remember watching parts of a movie several years ago:

The visual style sorta reminded me of Fellinis Satyricon, and the movie must have been from the 70s or thereabout

I remember two scenes:

- Presumably in hell, a huge red devil butt is making GBS threads out sinners or whatnot.

- A man is lying in a bed, perhaps he is dying? He tells someone of a secret, maybe a treasure, and that it is hidden underneath him. The person reaches under the man, but when he does, the man farts in his hand, and bursts out laughing.

I would be forever indebted to anyone who helps me reconnect with this lost gem.

Pasolini's Canterbury Tales. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067647/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Holy poo poo, that sounds incredibly bizarre AND it's on netflix instant. I guess I know what I'm watching after I finish bingeing through the Bond movies.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

While you're at it, you should also watch Pasolini's Decameron and Arabian Nights.

Astrolite
Jun 29, 2005

Ero Ninja Gundam!
Pillbug

Sir Nose posted:

Pasolini's Canterbury Tales. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067647/

Gahaha, it looks just as freaky as I remember it. Thanks!

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

What's the movie with the really crazy and intense opening title sequence and the rest of the movie is completely unlike it, slow paced and bizarre (and to describe anything about it spoils parts of the movie) where the main guy dies and his spirit basically sees how life plays out afterwards and you see a sex scene from inside the vagina and also an abortion from the same perspective?

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

regulargonzalez posted:

What's the movie with the really crazy and intense opening title sequence and the rest of the movie is completely unlike it, slow paced and bizarre (and to describe anything about it spoils parts of the movie) where the main guy dies and his spirit basically sees how life plays out afterwards and you see a sex scene from inside the vagina and also an abortion from the same perspective?

Enter the Void ?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1191111/

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

ladron posted:

Enter the Void ?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1191111/

Yes, thanks!

Loki2099
Oct 26, 2005
can I be cool too please?
I recall a scene from a corny 80's horror film where after a long struggle a guy with an eyes wide shut type mask crushes some guys head in an elevator. I'd love to identify this movie just because I saw it on cable at a far too early age and the scene stuck with me. I need closure!

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't buy shit. i don't know what the fuck is going on.
This has been driving me crazy. All I can remember of this crappy comedy from the 80s is that it was set in Asia. Maybe Cambodia. I remember there was a bridge that either needed to be prevented from being built or it was already built and they needed to destroy it. They needed to destroy it because some war lords or drug lords or something were going to use it to destroy a village or kill a bunch of people? I thought it had Michael Keaton circa his Gung Ho days in it but I guess I was wrong. Also I distinctly remember a scene where they float paper lamps down a river. Help me out here please CD.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volunteers_(film)

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't buy shit. i don't know what the fuck is going on.

Thanks man I can finally go to sleep.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I was in a bar, and the weirdest movie was being played on one of the televisions without sound. It was definitely nothing that I could recognize, but here are some things that stood out for me:

- I think the movie is focused on an 8-10 year old boy who is caught up in some kind of fantasy adventure. The first scene that I saw was the boy in bed and some knight on a horse comes breaking in.

- There is a scene with two "men" fighting with weapons. One of them has a bull or a boar for a head.

- At one point the boy is with a whole bunch of midgets on a boat, and the boat ends up sitting on top of a giant's head. The giant stomps through a village with the boat still on his head until eventually he goes to sleep against a rock and takes the boat off.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
Sounds like Time Bandits

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081633/

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

HaroldofTheRock posted:

Sounds like Time Bandits

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081633/

Yep! That's definitely it. Thanks so much for that!

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

A couple years ago there was a movie playing on TV at my parents' place that looked interesting, but I didn't see much of it. The only scene I really remember is of two men talking inside, the younger one lays down on his back and sinks into the carpet/floor, then it cuts to the other man dragging him outside on the grass to a car? (I am guessing this is about mental health/drugs or something, although even my memory of this scene is pretty vague now to be honest.) I'm fuzzy on it but I think the young guy was in a suit, and the older man in dressed like a professor or a psychiatrist. It looked like it was probably made in the 90s-00s.

I've never been able to figure out which movie this is...it's not a lot to go on, but does this ring a bell for anyone?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

kaom posted:

A couple years ago there was a movie playing on TV at my parents' place that looked interesting, but I didn't see much of it. The only scene I really remember is of two men talking inside, the younger one lays down on his back and sinks into the carpet/floor, then it cuts to the other man dragging him outside on the grass to a car? (I am guessing this is about mental health/drugs or something, although even my memory of this scene is pretty vague now to be honest.) I'm fuzzy on it but I think the young guy was in a suit, and the older man in dressed like a professor or a psychiatrist. It looked like it was probably made in the 90s-00s.

I've never been able to figure out which movie this is...it's not a lot to go on, but does this ring a bell for anyone?

It's Trainspotting. The sinking into the carpet was Renton's (Ewan MacGregor's) heroin overdose, set to Lou Reed's "Perfect Day". The dope dealer recognized the overdose, called an ambulance and dragged Renton outside sticking a packet of dope in his pocket so the medics would know he had overdosed.

The subsequent scene in the hospital shows the doctor administering something in Renton's IV, presumably naloxone to reverse the heroin, and Renton comes zooming up out of the carpet/bed instantly in a cold sweat.

The movie is an excellent movie, in my view one of the best in recent times and by far Ewan MacGregor's best role IMHO. It's well worth seeing even if you don't think you have any interest seeing a movie about junkies. It's surprisingly upbeat and visually striking and has tons of great humor and sharp dialogue.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

That was fast, thank you! I'll put this on my "to-watch" list. The visuals even just from that scene really struck me, I'd like to see more.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
In the mid/early/maybe earlier/maybe later 2000's I saw some kind of psychological/horror thriller on a French pay to view channel'Canal +), around 10 pm.It scared the crap out of me, but I have no idea what's this movie called. :(
I think it was an American movie, since it was set in a big North American town, but it might be Canadian or something else for all I know.

Characters I remember:
Male lead: some kind of psychologist who hypnotizes people to make them quit smoking(not relevant to the main plot),female lead(don't remember anything about her), old woman in a wheelchair(middle ages expert, actually inhabited by the spirit of a Medieval sorcerer who kills people and seek a new receptacle for his soul), Medieval sorcerer/alchemist(bald freak who appears in the hallucinations of the main lead), kids(a girl and boy, one of those become the receptacle at the end of the movie).

Scenes I remember: Main lead is hypnotizing his patient: there's some kind of huge smoke cloud(that's the hypnosis), then all of a sudden the lead finds himself alone in his cabinet in the dark, then the sorcerer guy appears out of nowhere.
Same thing happen when the lead is in the subway:he's falling asleep wake up alone in the dark and the Medieval sorcerer appears out of nowhere.
Those appearances are hallucinations:one has the medieval guy shouting, another him washing himself while chanting, and the other drawing blood from the main lead while mumbling.

There's also a guy who gets killed on some kind of Medieval scale model,I think he gave them information about the medieval guy.

The soul of the medieval guy is transferred through the eye.
The medieval guy/the old lady makes a weird hand gesture:she/he touches her thumb with all her fingers successively.
There is a final confrontation with the old woman/medieval man where he tries to transfer his soul into the boy but the leads thwart him.
At the end, the leads are with the little girl in an amusement park, and they get worried when the girl makes the weird hand gesture the old woman/medieval guy was doing.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can find the name of this movie, I hope this isn't too confused.

VampireRobot
Apr 4, 2004
This is something very very recent. I apologize in advance, because I'm not even completely sure that it was a scene from a movie and not a TV show. I'm pretty sure it was definitely horror though, so someone should be able to figure it out.

It's not so much a movie that I can't remember, more that I remember a scene and can't place where I saw it.

Basically it was a young guy walking down a hall in all black, with makeup all over his head like a skull, and it looked a lot like that tattooed guy in real life who has the skull tattoo thing on his face. (This guy: http://i.imgur.com/Fx1Cq.jpg) . It might have been kind of a Columbine scene where he's stalking the halls of a school. I also think it might have been a dream sequence or a fantasy.

pootache82
Nov 6, 2010
So I have thought about trying to find this movie a few times in the past and today did a google and imdb search but cant seem to find it. No idea what it was called

I watched it on TV in the UK some time in the late 80's, the details are pretty hazy but I remember how cool I thought it was at the time. I imagine it was made in the early to mid 80's

It had a bunch of soldiers / freedom fighter guys who were in a desert / sandy planet, don't know if it was earth or not. Action/sci-fi.

It was futuristic in a gritty, dusty, rag tag way may have been some kind of mad max 2 rip off.

They had dune buggy vehicles or maybe some kind of hover craft type things all different. I think they had like futuristic assault weapons.

The scene that is stuck in my head is them all mounting up their vehicles and riding through the desert going somewhere to fight. Maybe trying to board a larger vehicle / plane from their smaller ones

From what I can remember it looked fairly high budget/ Hollywood but I don't how accurate my memory is. One of the actors like the leader of the good guys or some such, I seem to remember had a beard and looked like Chuck Norris although I don't think it was him, could be wrong.

Any help appreciated.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

VampireRobot posted:

This is something very very recent. I apologize in advance, because I'm not even completely sure that it was a scene from a movie and not a TV show. I'm pretty sure it was definitely horror though, so someone should be able to figure it out.

It's not so much a movie that I can't remember, more that I remember a scene and can't place where I saw it.

Basically it was a young guy walking down a hall in all black, with makeup all over his head like a skull, and it looked a lot like that tattooed guy in real life who has the skull tattoo thing on his face. (This guy: http://i.imgur.com/Fx1Cq.jpg) . It might have been kind of a Columbine scene where he's stalking the halls of a school. I also think it might have been a dream sequence or a fantasy.

Must be the new FX show American Horror Story. Right around 13 seconds in this trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDb4SqqiQag&feature=related

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

pootache82 posted:

So I have thought about trying to find this movie a few times in the past and today did a google and imdb search but cant seem to find it. No idea what it was called

I watched it on TV in the UK some time in the late 80's, the details are pretty hazy but I remember how cool I thought it was at the time. I imagine it was made in the early to mid 80's

It had a bunch of soldiers / freedom fighter guys who were in a desert / sandy planet, don't know if it was earth or not. Action/sci-fi.

It was futuristic in a gritty, dusty, rag tag way may have been some kind of mad max 2 rip off.

They had dune buggy vehicles or maybe some kind of hover craft type things all different. I think they had like futuristic assault weapons.

The scene that is stuck in my head is them all mounting up their vehicles and riding through the desert going somewhere to fight. Maybe trying to board a larger vehicle / plane from their smaller ones

From what I can remember it looked fairly high budget/ Hollywood but I don't how accurate my memory is. One of the actors like the leader of the good guys or some such, I seem to remember had a beard and looked like Chuck Norris although I don't think it was him, could be wrong.

Any help appreciated.
Could be Warrior of the Lost World - there is a scene with a motley crew of motorcycles, dune buggies, and a semi gearing up and rolling through roadblocks. The movie's defining feature is that the guy talks to his motorcycle like Knight Rider.
http://www.monstershack.net/sp/index.php/warrior-of-the-lost-world-1985/

Another possibility is Mega Force. I have only seen clips of it, but it does take place in a desert, and there is a scene where a motorcycle sprouts wings and flies up and into a cargo plane, which would fit your boarding scenario.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1NpZxn860M

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

pootache82 posted:

Any help appreciated.

It might be one of the Italian Mad Max knockoffs that were made in the 80s by Fulci and others, try

New Gladiators
Endgame
2019: After the Fall of New York
1990: Bronx Warriors

From what I remember, both Endgame and 1990 had characters that could look like Chuck Norris.

EDIT: Oh poo poo, I forgot about BATTLETRUCK, Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn,Stryker Wheels of Fire and The New Barbarians

This list goes on and on of movies like the one you described. God I used to love these bad post-apocalyptic vehicular combat movies.

Mouser.. fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Oct 11, 2011

pootache82
Nov 6, 2010
I'm pretty sure its Megaforce, cheers bud !

Upon watching that youtube clip which was cringeworthy (in a good way) I have decided not to watch the full thing as I will just spoil it for myself haha.

Good to have had the itch scratched though ! nothing worse than having something on the tip of your tongue for ages.

VampireRobot
Apr 4, 2004

Detective Thompson posted:

Must be the new FX show American Horror Story. Right around 13 seconds in this trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDb4SqqiQag&feature=related

Thanks! That is exactly right. Weird that I didn't remember that that's where it was from.

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
I tried this in the GBS thread but no one's caught it yet. I've only scanned the thread so apologies if it's already come up.
This was a kids film that I watched on VHS in the very early 90's. There were three kids and I think one was a (blonde?) girl with glasses, there were also some scientists that may or may not have been somebodys parents. The only thing I remember clearly was an orange coming out of a screen, squashed. Then the scientists put it in a big metal container. I also remember a lot of dry ice looking steam everywhere.
Thanks in advance, this has been bugging me for years.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Is it one of the "Honey, I BLANKed the kids" franchise?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
All I really remember is a scene where this B-52 bomber crew is dropping a nuclear bomb (don't recall if it was a test or if it was dropped in anger), and the co-pilot, who I want to say was a woman, goes to close the curtains on their side of the cockpit so the blast won't blind the pilots. But the co-pilot's too slow and doesn't quite get the curtain pulled in time, and they get blinded in the right eye when the bomb goes off. I saw this when I was pretty young, and I'm guessing it was made at some point in the 80s from the impression I have of it now.

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

All I really remember is a scene where this B-52 bomber crew is dropping a nuclear bomb (don't recall if it was a test or if it was dropped in anger), and the co-pilot, who I want to say was a woman, goes to close the curtains on their side of the cockpit so the blast won't blind the pilots. But the co-pilot's too slow and doesn't quite get the curtain pulled in time, and they get blinded in the right eye when the bomb goes off. I saw this when I was pretty young, and I'm guessing it was made at some point in the 80s from the impression I have of it now.

By Dawn's Early Light ?

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

Mouser.. posted:

By Dawn's Early Light ?

I think this is right. From what I remember the only reason they released the nuclear bomb to begin with was because a pair of MIG's were chasing them down and they decided to detonate the bomb on the side of a mountain just as they passed over and to the other side so the resulting explosion would destroy the MIG's but they would be out of the blast radius.

I remember thinking it was stupid as hell even when I saw it some 20+ years ago.

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice

MrGreenShirt posted:

Is it one of the "Honey, I BLANKed the kids" franchise?

No definitely not. I think the kids might have got sucked into the screen at some point?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

CherryCat posted:

No definitely not. I think the kids might have got sucked into the screen at some point?
The sucked-into-the-screen makes me think 'Stay Tuned', which focuses on the parents being sucked into Satan's TV channels, but does include some action for their kids too.

Stinky Diver
Oct 31, 2009
I've tried to find these movies without any luck so I guess I'll try in here.

The only thing I remember about the first one was a scene where some old guy is laughing in a coffin full of money. After that, I can remember the coffin closing automatically and then moving on its own and finally burying itself, while the guy screamed to no avail. I caught that scene long ago so it could just be an episode from some TV series.

The second movie had some kind of paranormal babysitter. As for a scene which might be the ending of the movie she kidnapped babies for some reason I can't remember and in the end the main child's parents killed the babysitter, who actually was some kind of tree thing..

I'd be grateful with any help on these.

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

Stinky Diver posted:

The second movie had some kind of paranormal babysitter. As for a scene which might be the ending of the movie she kidnapped babies for some reason I can't remember and in the end the main child's parents killed the babysitter, who actually was some kind of tree thing..

The Guardian?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099710/

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Stinky Diver posted:

The only thing I remember about the first one was a scene where some old guy is laughing in a coffin full of money. After that, I can remember the coffin closing automatically and then moving on its own and finally burying itself, while the guy screamed to no avail. I caught that scene long ago so it could just be an episode from some TV series.

I'd be grateful with any help on these.

This sounds like any number of Tales From the Crypt (or Tales From the Darkside, or Friday the 13th the Series) episodes from the late 80's/Early 90's. I watched a lot of them, and this could have been any one of them.

Stinky Diver
Oct 31, 2009

Topper Harley posted:

The Guardian?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099710/
This is the one! Thank you.

CzarChasm posted:

This sounds like any number of Tales From the Crypt (or Tales From the Darkside, or Friday the 13th the Series) episodes from the late 80's/Early 90's. I watched a lot of them, and this could have been any one of them.
Such a shame. It has been a long time since I saw it and that's what makes it being from a TV series very possible (these kind of series were popular back then). I just found it memorable because of the coffin actually driving automatically through the streets and burying itself at the graveyard. Weird stuff.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Stinky Diver posted:

Could be this episode of Tales From The Crypt, ends with a guy in a coffin screaming.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0716841/combined

Stinky Diver
Oct 31, 2009

Slasherfan posted:

Could be this episode of Tales From The Crypt, ends with a guy in a coffin screaming.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0716841/combined

Nope, not this one. Although I actually remember this one episode. The twist at the end is great.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Stinky Diver posted:

Oh, I think I actually know this one! It's from The Ray Bradbury Theater, it's just called "The Coffin". I found a synopsis online that seems to match my memories:
"When the eccentric millionaire Charles Braling takes all his savings to his manor and builds a glass coffin, his greedy brother Richard Braling mocks him. Charles dies and in the will, Richard may have the mansion and all his savings if he finds where it is hidden. Richard finds the money in the coffin, but it's not as easy as it first seemed."

Edit: Oh hey it's on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoqCxzBUfG0

wheatpuppy fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Oct 15, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stinky Diver
Oct 31, 2009

wheatpuppy posted:

Oh, I think I actually know this one! It's from The Ray Bradbury Theater, it's just called "The Coffin". I found a synopsis online that seems to match my memories:
"When the eccentric millionaire Charles Braling takes all his savings to his manor and builds a glass coffin, his greedy brother Richard Braling mocks him. Charles dies and in the will, Richard may have the mansion and all his savings if he finds where it is hidden. Richard finds the money in the coffin, but it's not as easy as it first seemed."

Edit: Oh hey it's on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoqCxzBUfG0

This is the one! Thank you very much.