Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I can't remember if I mentioned already, but my boyfriend is home from his two months away job training, and because he only does real, actual go-out-and-do-stuff work for a few hours a day, he has more time to spend with me. :3: He's also living at home with his parents while he looks for a new apartment so he's right down the street all the time, at least for a little while.

I finally finished a design job I've been doing for Kroger after on and off correspondence for over two months. I feel like I should bill them again for all the grief they've put me through, but really I'm just glad to be finished. Feels good.

Also I have an interview at a photo studio next Wednesday :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003
I got on the weight and found out I've lost 10 kg (22 pounds) since changing my diet. Then I went to train/coach my two gymnastic teams for 3-5 year olds and got approached by three different parents who just wanted to say that their kids loves what we do. That's especially heartwarming when you hear it from the parent of a slow developed kid with anxiety issues. :3:

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
:unsmith: I woke up today without a crippling headache!!

After getting a spinal tap early on Monday, I've dealt with a horrible headache, two blood patches, two long ER visits and I'm now sore as hell and look like I've been used as a human pin cushion.

But I woke up today feeling like I could get up and go to work so my day is already awesome as hell!

Lackadaisical has a new favorite as of 15:32 on Sep 30, 2011

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
A new neighbor moved into my building on Saturday, and we chatted for a while. He knocked on my door on Tuesday and asked me out to dinner :3:

grandma why
Sep 24, 2010

terrible
My grandpa gave me his old harmonica! It's a Hohner Super 64 Chromonica, and is actually quite valuable, like $400 or something.. But I'll never consider selling it, unless I need crack. He doesn't play it anymore, and knows that I love to play around with different instruments, so he just gave it to me. Thanks for the awesome present, grandpa! :D

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
Today is my last day at a job that I have been dying to leave for a year now. I have been here 5 years, and I am very excited for the next phase of my life!

Plus, everyone has been really nice about me leaving - I have received lots of emails and messages from people saying they will miss me, and they have arranged a party after work today. Hooray for nice coworkers!

And the best part is, after leaving this job today and before I start my new job, my wife and I are taking a trip to Italy. I cannot wait!

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
I am recovering well after having been sick, and this is the first day in two weeks that waking up has not been painful!

This is awesome especially because today was the day of my faculty seminar, which everyone loved, including one of the directors. Turns out I love teaching other faculty as much as I love teaching the students.

Talked with my boss about some charity work my husband and I are doing, and in the course of the conversation, it looks like I will possibly be teaching a 4/4 for the department next academic year - including an upper-division course about my very favorite topic, which I get to design. That will be interesting given that I'm (hopefully) about to start my doctorate at the same time. I will die. This will kill me. My friends will wither and grow impatient with my refusal to talk about anything but collective memory theory. My husband will leave me for somebody who isn't a complete nutcase. I can't imagine doing anything else with my life.

And now I get to go home and relax for the rest of the day before devoting the weekend to curriculum design! Think I'll smoke a fatty and watch some bad horror movies. I got leftover chicken wings from last night. Life is good.

Nimchook
Sep 2, 2009

Katajjaq World Champion
Two little kitties now call my house a home!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

The Jumpoff posted:

Cardinals made the playoffs. I suddenly care about post-season baseball for once.

Cards tied the series 1-1! :toot: :hfive:

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

Are you too depressed to finish biting through that piece of toast?
I got to see some exotic animals and then did nothing for 8 hours other than play Saint's Row 2 and eat leftovers.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Cold pizza. Breakfast of champions, and the perfect way to start the day. :3: Best part is I didn't have to be paranoid about there being any left because my sister's fattyfatfat babydaddy finally moved the gently caress out, so food is no longer being inhaled in Kirby fashion from our fridge!

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Couldn't sleep before my 5 am shift, so my girlfriend decided to keep me company and watch Airplane. I may be exhausted all day at work, but at least I had a fun-rear end night!

Susat
May 31, 2011

Taking it easy, being green
I feel good about my writing again, I forgot upload the final draft of my paper to my teacher so instead the first draft was graded, either way I still got a 108/110 on it and I am so relieved and will never forget to upload essays again.

Gilbert
May 4, 2009
My one year old son had his first day at nursery and had a fantastic, no cries, lots of sleep, lots of food fun time!
Meanwhile myself and baby daddy went to the cinema and I got a job offer. (edit: job offer was not from the cinema!)
Best day for a long time!

Jive One
Sep 11, 2001

Happened a few days ago, but my ball joint on my car broke and the driver-front wheel came off. Awesome because it happened in my work parking lot instead of on the highway going 70 which is where I was not five minutes before.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
On Saturday talked to the beautiful girl at my new gym for about 20 minutes. Made her laugh. The next day, I checked my email, and she'd emailed me almost as soon as I'd left on Saturday to talk about something very random.

I wish I would have gotten the email when she sent it because I would have asked her out for Saturday night.

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

Awesome day today.

Why? Because I have an interview for a new job on Thursday and I just made the last payment on my car.

Saucy Slit
Jul 27, 2011
Made an Englishman muffin sandwich, with bacon/sunny-side up eggs, cheese, pepper, and salt. Washed it down with ice cold oj, then concluded with a coffee jacked with sweet creamer and a finely rolled spliff to accompany.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
Asked out the beautiful girl from my gym (albeit in an email because she doesn't work at the same time I'm at the gym). I forgot what it feels like to be generally excited/nervous at the same time.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Takin' a dirt nap with baby Jesus
This morning on the way to work Tim Hortons was out of large cups so I got an extra large coffee for the price of a large. It's not a big difference, just a pleasant surprise.
Then when I got in to work I had an email saying my meeting tomorrow, which I was dreading, is cancelled.
Got a Jets tshirt as an early birthday present from my fiance.
Looking forward to pita pizzas for dinner tonight.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

A job I am applying for invited me for an on-site interview.

This would be a post doc position at IBM I am STOKED!!!

theHUNGERian has a new favorite as of 08:57 on Oct 8, 2011

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff
I just from Texas to Florida two days after getting outta jail for a DWI charge, retainment fees and court cost had bled me dry so I didn't have very much cash. I only had about $30 when I got here and since cigarettes cost more in Florida I've only bought one pack of smokes before I had to start buying these awful filtered cigars (Remingtons) for $1.60. Today I opened my drawer to see my how many I had left and saw just the one, I thought, "how the gently caress to I have just one smoke left?" then I looked at the box and saw it was proper cigarette, nothing has ever tasted so good.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
Gym Girl said yes! Wheeee!!!!! :)

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Won $25 for 3rd place in a newspaper football pick 'em contest.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

peepoogenderparts posted:

Congratulations - now don't gently caress it up.

:)

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008

Captain Stinkybutt posted:

Haha. So, don't talk internet memes or Pokemon?!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Captain Stinkybutt posted:

This. Been pulling for you, man! Hope we don't see you around as much because you're spending time with her.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Nice one dude! Good to know I'm not the only one with a date!

Edit: Girlfriend would be more proper now.

The Jumpoff has a new favorite as of 21:53 on Oct 6, 2011

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Friend of mine is turning 21 on Monday. We're planning to celebrate by getting shitfaced.

Good to have something to look forward to!

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I had to turn down a job offer for seasonal work because I have secured other work that pays more.

That is a pleasure I think few too people know these days.
I just hope it doesn't come back and bite me on the rear end.

I also bought a bunch of Halloween candy and filled my plastic cauldron with it.
Halloween is almost upon us :drac::ghost::yarr::zombie:

Flavor Bear has a new favorite as of 23:51 on Oct 6, 2011

Budget Bears
Feb 7, 2011

I had never seen anyone make sweet love to a banjo like this before.
Finally told my crush that he's cute. He took it well. :3:

Also, an old coworker hit me up on facebook out of the blue and told me he's sad that I left that job, and he wants to hang out! I thought it was really sweet and it totally caught me by surprise. He's a really cool guy and I had no idea he even remembered me, so I'm super flattered and excited to kick it with him.

And just now found out that I'm gonna be seeing my buddy (another former coworker who I've totally missed) tonight!

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Yesterday I went running. Ended up losing track of where I was on the 5k trail and just finishing it. I timed 27 minutes. So I finished my first 5k run without feeling like I would die, AND ended with about a 8:40 mile time. Which is about two minutes faster than my last measured mile.

Mag-Lored
May 2, 2011
Today my coworker and I finished our deburring assignment earlier than expected, so the boss, to keep us busy, set us to learning the assembly table for the airplane seat belt buckles. More deburring tomorrow after the shipment comes, but even an hour's reprieve from polishing hell makes the sun shine brighter and the birds sing more sweetly.

Also, my boss told me that when he gets another newbie fully acquainted with polishing, he'll put that person in my place and move me to the assembly table permanently. I know my proposed replacement and he's already most of the way there (a stoned monkey could do the job, so there's that too). He's learning on less complicated parts right now.

Finally, a new hire who just arrived at the table today has what must be the sexiest walrus moustache on earth and I was stationed directly across from him all afternoon. :swoon::gay:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I was kissed by a man I eminently respect. :swoon:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Today at work didn't suck! I'm hoping to hear from a sweet company I interviewed with tomorrow. Whatever happens, I don't have to get on the road hella early because there's no traffic. Also went out to eat with the wife tonight and watched the Yankees choke and my Bears even won (the first half of) their first Thursday night game! :)

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
Sorry kids, but the gym girl totally blew me off. :( I feel like I let the good vibes of this thread down.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Sorry kids, but the gym girl totally blew me off. :( I feel like I let the good vibes of this thread down.

Pah, don't let that get you down about it. Keep tryin'! :patriot:

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Things are going to get better man.

Content: Today I woke up at 12:30 for the first time in a long, long time.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
My daughter has had a really rough two years, terrible grades, bullies calling her ugly at school and just horrid self esteem. Then this past few months she's slowly changing and coming out of her shell and realizing she's not ugly and she's awesome. I asked her what she wanted for dinner today and she tells me Famous Dave's would be the cherry on top of my day. I asked her what made her day so great, a boy called her beautiful out of the blue. She's 13 and not boy crazy but man watching her light up with that made my day I am so happy that she's coming around, it's been so hard on her for the last few years but she's just so awesome and I am glad that others are finally noticing that, most of all her. So yay that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
A guest tried to flush a bunch of lettuce down the toilet and we had to completely remove the toilet to get it out. So I learned how to reseat a toilet which is useful.