Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KiloVictorDongs
Apr 12, 2007
SOME PIG

Dodgeball posted:

Probably not openly, but I'm certain after reading the thread that certain goons wouldn't mind dropping some knowledge on you. Goons with private messaging and e-mail accounts.

I have been searching for this for a few weeks now. The only copies are rather exorbitantly priced. Why wouldn't you sell an eBook, Chris Onstad? WHY????

(This is a not-so-subtle request for knowledge dropping via PM)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dodgeball posted:

Probably not openly, but I'm certain after reading the thread that certain goons wouldn't mind dropping some knowledge on you. Goons with private messaging and e-mail accounts.
I would also like to be contacted by these so called "goons" you speak of.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nessus posted:

I would also like to be contacted by these so called "goons" you speak of.

Add me to this list. The Neopolitan Shooter used to be my go-to "impress friends ladies drink."

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Make that three.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Make it four. :)

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I, also, I guess!

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
And I as well!

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Y'all know this is highly illegal, right? If I had plat I'd report your asses.

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Yeah! Why don't you guys just buy the cookbook, geez!

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won.
Or at the least register for fanflow. <:mad:>

(I'm still waiting patiently for new comics)

Shonen Waifu
Jun 29, 2003

choobs posted:

And I as well!

Same here!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The moment Onstad shows his face and gives me a way to give him some money in exchange for... anything, I'll throw some money his way. But the dude isn't even allowing us to try to buy old stuff.

smashczar
Mar 1, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Darth Windu posted:

Well if I had plat, which I do, then I'd send and receive PM's about it. hint.

Even Onstad's twittering has dropped right off. Nary a half-assed one liner or panhandle for almost two weeks.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dude should set up print on demand for his older books and zines in which someone else does order and shipping fulfillment.

He'd still be making money off Achewood, but that would require effort on his part.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

Locus posted:

(I'm still waiting patiently for new comics)

I, on the other hand, am not an idiot.

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
I also have plat and am interested in knowledge!

smashczar
Mar 1, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Bo-Pepper posted:

I also have plat and am interested in knowledge!

the knowledge does not exist. what does exist is a massive pm circlejerk of everyone asking everyone. it is terrible in every dimension. come back onstad :(

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Darth Windu posted:

Know what else is illegal? Selling people a Product and then never actually giving them the Product that they paid for. I'm not trying to defend everyone with the excuse that "he started it," but it is pretty ironic that you're jumping to his defense when someone wants to "steal" from him.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

CaptainViolence posted:

Know what else is illegal? Selling people a Product and then never actually giving them the Product that they paid for. I'm not trying to defend everyone with the excuse that "he started it," but it is pretty ironic that you're jumping to his defense when someone wants to "steal" from him.

Did he really do that? Did he fail to deliver a product that people had already paid for? That is HIGHLY illegal. I'm pretty sure one of you angry goons could report him to the authorities if it is true and you aren't just justifying piracy again.

gwaaargh
Jul 7, 2010

by XyloJW
People paid for a cookbook, then didn't get it, or, as far as I know, a refund.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Darth Windu posted:

Did he really do that? Did he fail to deliver a product that people had already paid for? That is HIGHLY illegal. I'm pretty sure one of you angry goons could report him to the authorities if it is true and you aren't just justifying piracy again.

He did in fact do this. In the great months of silence sliding toward the hiatus, he let the store run empty but didn't stop taking orders, and never fulfilled at least a few of them. He also never delivered on a second cookbook he took numerous preorders for. I don't know how a bunch of disparate internet people would go about organizing their complaints, though, or if any overtures have been made in that direction.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I don't know either, but the best place to ask might be the legal questions thread.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I think his fans generally don't want him to go to jail, they just want the cookbook.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Can we just kill this thread so it stops getting bumped periodically by people wanting to :filez: a cookbook? Nothing is ever going to happen with Achewood, and if it did, we could just create a new thread.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

withak posted:

I think his fans generally don't want him to go to jail, they just want the cookbook.

There's a lot of room between "do nothing" and "send onstad to jail", like "court-ordered to issue refunds" which would probably satisfy most people.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

I think I've posted maybe 75% of the recipes in the cookbook anyway so far.

As one of the people who lost :10bux: for the preorder, the cost of actually taking Onstad to court to get a refund would be far more. It's just not worth the effort, so he gets away with it? I dunno.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I think Achewood is a quality enough experience that it deserves a discussion thread, having only really come to it after it was already in terminal decline. However, hypocrite though I may be, a new thread that isn't mostly about the cookbook would be more useful.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Let's get someone to find out where he lives, and then pay him a visit and and give him just one, solid shot to the rad chilies.

"*POW* THE INTERNET SAYS WHATTUP, BITCH!"

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

AGH STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD AND MAKING ME THINK THERE ARE NEW COMICS :argh:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

change my name posted:

AGH STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD AND MAKING ME THINK THERE ARE NEW COMICS :argh:
Welcome to the only game in town.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

Sigma-X posted:

Can we just kill this thread so it stops getting bumped periodically by people wanting to :filez: a cookbook? Nothing is ever going to happen with Achewood, and if it did, we could just create a new thread.

Agreed. And the new thread should be about using paint.exe to insert your favorite pokemon into altered Achewood panels. For example,

This will be satisfying to everyone, especially people who create these images, because they have the satisfaction of having produced more Achewood content in three seasons.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Van Dis posted:

Agreed. And the new thread should be about using paint.exe to insert your favorite pokemon into altered Achewood panels.

I agree with this plan.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm not sad about achewood ending because it's like if they had had the good sense to end The Simpsons after the 7th season.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

DocFrance posted:

I'm not sad about achewood ending because it's like if they had had the good sense to end The Simpsons after the 7th season.

Except that Achewood was still hilarious right up until the end and Matt Groening never ripped anyone off for Simpsons merch.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Happy Hippo posted:

Except that Achewood was still hilarious right up until the end and Matt Groening never ripped anyone off for Simpsons merch.

Says you. I'm still waiting for my "Underachiever and Proud of It" t-shirt!

ohshititsric
Jul 17, 2009

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Panel 2.

It's kind of... cautionary... when I find a similarity between myself and Beef.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Here's something fun:

Who is the only Achewood character featured in the FIRST Achewood comic to have alt text?

NO loving CHEATING. IF YOU DON'T KNOW, THAT'S FINE, NEITHER DID I.

Either guess, or state with certainty.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

That isn't fun at all.

(Phillipe)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

Dodgeball posted:

Panel 2.

It's kind of... cautionary... when I find a similarity between myself and Beef.

Yeah, that panel is a real bit of solidarity between me and Roast Beef. Whenever the phone rings at a "weird" time, my brain immediately jumps to the worst possible thing - including the untimely death of my brother. Also fire trucks heading in the direction of where I live whenever I'm out and about give me a good fifteen seconds of "did I leave the burner on?"