Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!
:hist101:
Holy poo poo the bulk used Lego market in Ottawa is goddamn competitive. 8 responses for 10 lbs of used bricks for 75$ in one hour.

Makes it hard for a dude to build up his collection.

Ebay it is I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)
Anyone seen this?
http://rebrickable.com/pick_set

Apparently you plug in the numbers of some sets you own, and it shows you other sets you can build with the combined pieces, e.g.
http://rebrickable.com/build_set?s=8142-1&s1=8143-1&s2=8156-1&s3=8157-1&s4=8671-1&c=2

Not tried it myself so not sure how well it works, but a cool concept at least.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

tactical_grace posted:

Anyone seen this?

Apparently you plug in the numbers of some sets you own, and it shows you other sets you can build with the combined pieces, e.g.
http://rebrickable.com/build_set?s=8142-1&s1=8143-1&s2=8156-1&s3=8157-1&s4=8671-1&c=2

This site is really, really neat. I've been thinking that this would be a fantastic tool to have for a while now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

tactical_grace posted:

Anyone seen this?

It doesn't have every set yet. I can't enter in the Speed Racer Grand Prix set I picked up a few weeks ago for a tenner :3:

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
toysrus canada has the 8110 unimog on for $230 instead of $250 from S&H, both have free shipping at the moment so its not bad.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
New Castle set coming out:

More.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
Good lord, I'd been trying to be good... but that's going on the credit card.

Edit: :aaaaa: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dan_rubin/6198815413/in/set-72157627789957268/lightbox/

Time Cowboy fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 1, 2011

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
I wish they would do a big fuckoff castle as big and intricate as the Imperial Flagship, which I own and which owns.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Time Cowboy posted:

Good lord, I'd been trying to be good... but that's going on the credit card.

Edit: :aaaaa: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dan_rubin/6198815413/in/set-72157627789957268/lightbox/
Oh poo poo, the classic Castle iconography!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Oh my god the falcon logo, I lost it. Holy poo poo, I hope that thing's not TOO expensive because I want like, five.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
The Brothers Brick says $119, and looking at that set, I'm thinking yeah, that looks like a perfectly reasonable price tag. That loving thing looks easily worth $100+.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahah I dont know why, but my favourite picture in that set is the horse and the stablehand trying to feed it a loaf of bread.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yeah, I found the press release:

quote:

10223 Kingdoms Joust

Ages 12+. 1,575 pieces.

US $119.99 CA $149.99 DE 119.99 € UK 99.99 £ DK 1099.00 DKK AU 199.99 AUD

Watch the Knights battle it out at the Royal Joust!

It’s the most exciting event on the LEGO Kingdoms calendar! Join the King and Queen at the Royal Joust as the knights on horseback battle it out for the hand of the beautiful Princess. This detailed set recreates all the majesty of a medieval pageant, from the large, 6-roomed castle with linked wall extensions, 2 knights’ weapons tents, royal viewing box, jousting fence and of course 2 magnificent jousting horses. Combine 2 Kingdoms Joust sets for a scene that is truly fit for a King! Includes 9 minifigures: king, queen, princess, lion knight, falcon knight, young squire, nobleman and 2 soldiers.
• Includes 9 minifigures: king, queen, princess,, lion knight, falcon knight, young squire, nobleman and 2 soldiers!
• Knight minifigures include armor decoration, helmet, jousting pole, shield and 2 extra weapons!
• Features castle with 6 detailed rooms with lots of accessorie and 2 knight’s tents with weapon holders!
• Open back for easy access to linked wall extensions!
• Also features royal viewing box with flags and coat of arms!
• Includes 2 knight’s horses with detailed decoration, weapon holder and armored headgear!
• Explore the castle rooms!
• Battle it out for the hand of the princess!
• Combine 2 Kingdoms Joust sets for a scene fit for King!
• Castle measures 20″ (51 cm) wide and 12″ (30 cm) tall!

At 1500 pieces and $120 it's not quite as good a ratio as MMV was, but it's still pretty dang good.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
They wouldn't bring back the Black Falcon just for a one off, right? It'll show up again in other sets soon? :ohdear:

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
Dear Lego people,

I will buy literally every set you produce that includes Black Falcon paraphernalia and minifigures.

Sincerely,

Time Cowboy (a manchild raised in the '80s)

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Man can you imagine how much that little guy and his shield and horse blanket are going to be worth in a few years? Think about that. The golden knight from the Fantasy line is already like a $12-15 minifigure, and his set was sold in stores, and he doesn't have the nostalgia factor behind him.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Shuppiluliumas posted:

New Castle set coming out:

More.
LEGO Game of Thrones

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

LEGO Game of Thrones

I should totally make a gif of Black Falcon guy cutting off his horse's head.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Jesus Christ. :stare:

luloo123
Aug 25, 2008
The Lego Camper Van is being released today!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://remocable.blogspot.com/ had quite interestting collections.

boner meter
Apr 27, 2006
I AM A SMUG ASSHOLE WHO BELIEVES IN RACIST PROPAGANDA. I DESERVE ONLY RIDICULE.

SynthOrange posted:

http://remocable.blogspot.com/ had quite interestting collections.

I'd love to see a minifig scale observatory built around this with a wizard dude to look through it or something. Also what are the brass colour, diamond shaped bits holding it to the tripod?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A limited release small-scale classic device line, maybe Lego Store-exclusive, would be amazing. Telescope, sextant, binoculars, typewriter, quill and ink bottle, etc.

Classy Lego sets. The sort that would be interesting to have on a desktop, as opposed to, say, a Star Wars set or something.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Oct 1, 2011

boner meter
Apr 27, 2006
I AM A SMUG ASSHOLE WHO BELIEVES IN RACIST PROPAGANDA. I DESERVE ONLY RIDICULE.

Captain Invictus posted:

A limited release small-scale classic device line, maybe Lego Store-exclusive, would be amazing. Telescope, sextant, binoculars, typewriter, quill and ink bottle, etc.

Classy Lego sets. The sort that would be interesting to have on a desktop, as opposed to, say, a Star Wars set or something.

All those would rule as sets, but I think as soon as we start to describe having anything lego lying around as 'classy' this thread loses the vestige of self awareness that makes me feel ok reading it :ohdear:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

All lego is classy. :colbert:

except for bionicle

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

^^^^
The mini technic construction sets are wonderful for desks.

Saw some of the hero factory stuff for 50% off and picked up two because I thought I could use the joints for my creator stuff, however apparently they just have massive multijointed pieces :/

Oh and picked up the atlantis game, I thought I'd give it a try and if it sucks it has alot of pieces for 50% off, has anyone tried it?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Friar Zucchini posted:

Well I mean that's really cool and all but why are you posting it in the Lego thread?

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Sockser posted:

Well I mean that's really cool and all but why are you posting it in the Lego thread?

Because it's an awesome Lego model with some fantastic and thoughtful uses for parts which creates impressive details?

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

To be a man you must have honor...
...honor and a penis!

luloo123 posted:

The Lego Camper Van is being released today!

This one? http://shop.lego.com/en-US/catalog/mediaPopup.jsp?productCode=10220&initialTab=moreViews

It's been out, I got mine Wednesday and built it yesterday.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

Shin-chan posted:

This one? http://shop.lego.com/en-US/catalog/mediaPopup.jsp?productCode=10220&initialTab=moreViews

Thanks for the reminder. I just sent in my order, and with it I will win Christmas.

How is it?

Kabong
Jan 1, 2001

Kickin' Afrolistics
Heads up: Toys R Us has Millennium falcon on sale (or at least mine did) for 25% off retail, sale ends today. Just impulse bought one for $112.

Also, that new George's life iOS game is now up for sale on the LEGO store ($30).

Dame Cook
Aug 6, 2006

by I Ozma Myself

Friar Zucchini posted:

Estimated part count 110,000 to 130,000 :eek:. I think someone was taking the thread title a bit too literally.

luloo123
Aug 25, 2008

Shin-chan posted:

Bastards!! The Lego store calendar said that it would be out on the 1st. Just as well, I didn't even have time to run the store today to get one, let alone put it together.

Was it awesome? I bet it was awesome.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

Dame Cook posted:

Estimated part count 110,000 to 130,000 :eek:. I think someone was taking the thread title a bit too literally.

Stuff like that blows me out of the water, I have rarely created anything with more than 1500 parts on my own. Sure the UCS Falcon, star destroyer but from my own ground up? Never been able to do it.

I have bought close to 3500 new bricks though to give me more options and choices for stuff but I don't think I will get higher than 2000-2500 parts per MOC at once until I learn more as I go.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

LEGO shop online has double VIP points. Guess it's a good time to buy the exclusives that will magically sell out when a sale hits. It equates to 10% off this way.

• Grand Emporium
  • Fire Brigade
  • Pet Shop
  • Mindstorms 2.0
  • Volkwagen Camper Van :woop:
  • Huge Star Wars stuff

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

To be a man you must have honor...
...honor and a penis!

luloo123 posted:

Was it awesome? I bet it was awesome.

It was alright. It took me 2 evenings to finish casually building while watching tv. I got mad at myself midway through though for not sorting out all of the pieces first like I normally do. I hate sitting there searching for 10 minutes for one tiny piece through all of the bags.

The top that pops off to see the inside is a little weak, you build it in two halves and there's only a few studs holding the halves together, so each time I pop it off I have to re-press it back together.

They also managed to fit a lot of detail in the cabin of the vehicle, although were the convertible chair/bed is, there is a gaping hole that should have been filled with a plate. Maybe that's part of the realism of the van.

Here's a hastily taken picture where I didn't focus the camera correctly and can't find my tripod. You can see on the roof line where the top needs to be pressed back together after being removed.

Also I built mine right hand drive.

luloo123
Aug 25, 2008

Shin-chan posted:

It was alright. It took me 2 evenings to finish casually building while watching tv. I got mad at myself midway through though for not sorting out all of the pieces first like I normally do. I hate sitting there searching for 10 minutes for one tiny piece through all of the bags.

Also I built mine right hand drive.

Love it! I might have to run out tomorrow and pick one up. It's disappointing that there are some design flaws, though.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Sockser posted:

Because it's made of Legos. :ssh:

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Merchant of Death posted:

Stuff like that blows me out of the water, I have rarely created anything with more than 1500 parts on my own. Sure the UCS Falcon, star destroyer but from my own ground up? Never been able to do it.
Did you see his other structure? It's 50k pieces and he claims it's his second MOC.

Three Story Victorian with Tree by !snap!, on Flickr

Oh. And he's the guy who showed us this majestic thing a few months ago. I remember thinking it was just absolutely incredible, but in light of his other things, it seems almost amateurish.

TwoStory with Basement by !snap!, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

starting to sort about 100lbs of lego spanning from over 15 years including the remnants of a millennium falcon, city, and who knows what else. Debating if I should mix in my gen. 1 mindstorm bits too...

anyone remember that Galidor stuff? what in the hell were they thinking with that?

AAB fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Oct 2, 2011