Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Embiggen posted:

I make the same face with shoes I like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kourse
Aug 1, 2006
???

Thats Grady and Boomer.

A Legit Hobo Sign
Sep 25, 2011

by Ozmaugh

Embiggen
Jan 12, 2011

Embiggen
Jan 12, 2011

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

He's at my sister's place now, but he's still (partly) mine and he's still awesome. :)

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Yesterday I went to the zoo and the serval hissed at me. That was much preferable to the time when I went to the zoo and the male lion peed on me (he backed up to the edge of the and sprayed the crowd. This must have been have been prior to 1995 when the entire Africa section was remodeled.)

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Yesterday I went to the zoo and the serval hissed at me. That was much preferable to the time when I went to the zoo and the male lion peed on me (he backed up to the edge of the and sprayed the crowd. This must have been have been prior to 1995 when the entire Africa section was remodeled.)

I've got to ask: does Tiger spray smell as bad as cat spray or worse or what?

Effexxor
May 26, 2008

I'm going to take a moment to say that my cat is just way too cute and I love her. Also, sorry about the cell phone pictures. Any, Luna.

She's very deceptively sweet looking in this picture.

I love this picture for the sole reason that her coat just looks so purty.

I am still shocked that a cat in a bag can look so artistic.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Florida Betty posted:

I've got to ask: does Tiger spray smell as bad as cat spray or worse or what?

Lion, and it's pretty drat potent. I don't recall exactly, but I think we bought a shirt at the gift shop for me to change into right away.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

I've seen a few cats put up with this. What are the chances they aren't deaf?

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden

kimbo305 posted:

I've seen a few cats put up with this. What are the chances they aren't deaf?

I've heard white cats are often deaf...

edit: Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaf_white_cat

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

Meet Oscar:

He was a hand me down kitty from a former room mate of my wife's.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Effexxor posted:

I am still shocked that a cat in a bag can look so artistic.

Your cat looks like a tiny meditating shogun.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
When I was a kid we had a Siamese for nearly 20 years and she went deaf in her later years. After that, she LOVED being vacuumed.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Well poo poo. Don't I feel kind of like a jerk for wishing my cats were deaf so I could vacuum them. :(

TIGER HOODZ
Aug 3, 2009

Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Captain Stinkybutt posted:

Well poo poo. Don't I feel kind of like a jerk for wishing my cats were deaf so I could vacuum them. :(

You could always tape them. Our cats love that. They love the hell out of those deshedding brushes too but with tape you don't have to deal with all the fur afterwards.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I tried taping a cat when I was a kid. It hissed at me, scratched the hell out of my hands, then crab walked out of the room.

Like this, only leaving a trail of my blood behind it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VRklgMjr3E

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Captain Stinkybutt posted:

Why is this quote so hilarious out of context?

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:

meataidstheft
Jul 31, 2005

Yous a lady Skwisgaar!

Gorilla Salad posted:

I tried taping a cat when I was a kid. It hissed at me, scratched the hell out of my hands, then crab walked out of the room.

Alright, that dude used tape that was way too heavy (packing tape??) and pressed down. Gonna hurt like a bitch when it gets taken off, poor kitty.

However, most instances of taping cats is hilarious. I use nice weak scotch tape, same hilarious effects, minimal discomfort for cats.

Effexxor
May 26, 2008

boo_radley posted:

Your cat looks like a tiny meditating shogun.

This may be the best description I have ever had of my cat and I will most likely picture her as a shogun for quite a while.

of bees
Dec 28, 2009
These were taken with my cell-phone,s o please forgive the poor quality.

This is my cat, Joey. He's six months old now. He's named after my dad (Joel), courtesy of my little sister. He likes sneaking under my covers to sleep.

This is Joey with my 3-year-old beagle, Buster. See the collar around his neck? He's so drat silent when he walks that we kept accidentally shutting him in bedrooms and closets. We ended up putting a bell around his neck to keep track of him.

More pictures coming once I get Joey to sit still. He's a little ball of energy and bounces around everywhere.

reddeathdrinker
Aug 5, 2003

Scotland the What?
So I've been adopted...again! My last 2 cats still allow my ex to live with them (Tippex and Pepper), and my first cat Chewy went missing back in 2004, still sorely missed.

Sybil (Say it like Basil does ;)) is 14 weeks old, been here 2 weeks, and is a firm believer that laptop keyboards are THE place to sleep.

adriisdum
Jan 19, 2009

I would do anything for love, but I won't talk about Fight Club.
Takin' a break from bath time pleasures...

that's my girl.

Cat Plant
Feb 11, 2007

There used to be green cats but they turned into plants because they slept too much.

reddeathdrinker posted:

Aaaand this has become my favourite picture of a cat. Great work on the gorgeous mustachioed friend.

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

reddeathdrinker posted:

All he needs is a little sword and hat.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well
I lay down to go to sleep last night and my kitty joins me for a little cuddle time before he jumps up on my headboard, standard procedure. I then hear him feeling around between the headboard and wall and I hear a bell. I'm kind of WTFing at this point so I grab my phone and I see this.

If you can't tell, that ball is wedged between the wall and my headboard. It's probably about 3 feet off the ground. All I can think of is that he took it up there to play and knocked it back there. I must have been passed the hell out because I didn't wake up.

Edit: Bonus

It is incredibly hard to game when there is a cat sleeping on your WASD hand

HandsomeBen has a new favorite as of 16:10 on Oct 5, 2011

BerkerkLurk
Jul 22, 2001

I could never sleep my way to the top 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up

reddeathdrinker posted:

Cute cat! We just adopted a kitten with similar Kung Fu grip action.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

reddeathdrinker posted:

It slices, it dices, it even juliennes potatoes!

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

This space intentionally left blank
Here's my poor little Lilly:

We got her fixed this past weekend and she is pretty miserable in her cone of shame.

T. W. Forsthye
Aug 27, 2009
I saved a bunch of pictures from the Barley thread ("I found a kitten") when I was lurking years ago and every time I open this thread I think about it and about how great some of those photos were.

The story as I remember it goes, a photographer hears meowing outside his or her apartment door one day and finds a kitten hanging around some garbage. Said kitten is immediately commandeered for scientific purposes and is made to eat delicious food and take naps and be cute forever. Years pass and many delightful photos are taken.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Gorilla Salad posted:

Oh, Hah! Yeah, I meant "tape" as in use tape to remove dead fur, kind of like you'd use a strip of tape to get the same fur off of your clothes.

I've tried doing that trick with the tape to make my cats walk funny but they just don't seem to care at all and walk away normally every time. :(

worrywort
Sep 7, 2006
such a beautiful day

HandsomeBen posted:

It is incredibly hard to game when there is a cat sleeping on your WASD hand

Why, I also have a red blanket laid out on my desk for my cat! And she shares in the habit of using my typing hands for make shift pillows. I think she's giving me the stink eye for waking her up while trying to take a photo.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

This is Syndey, a sweet but high strung midget-like barn cat I adopted from my niece.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Desk blanket cats :3:

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost
Sometimes he thinks he's people.

[removed broken image]

melon cat has a new favorite as of 21:24 on Feb 4, 2024

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

"hey man whats up-"

"Nothin man. its alllll good"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
http://photos.denverpost.com/mediacenter/2011/10/mountain-lion-checks-out-cat

This house cat is one cool customer. He can't seem to muster up any fucks for the mountain lion.

Only registered members can see post attachments!