Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

chiz posted:

That's where I'm going, I'm going to go gently caress myself, other people call it work.

That's funny, Beth calls loving work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Bonzo posted:

Anyone watch the Cleveland Show last night? They made a crack on Artie.

"Only the elderly and Artie Lange buy groceries one day at a time."

:drat: that's pretty harsh

_minty
Feb 22, 2007
~
You can stream the Nick & Artie show from their website. It is sports heavy (as should be expected), but Artie sounds alive and well. The two really do have chemistry, they're both funny and interesting and clearly friends, it works out well I think. I'll become a regular listener.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

_minty posted:

You can stream the Nick & Artie show from their website. It is sports heavy (as should be expected), but Artie sounds alive and well. The two really do have chemistry, they're both funny and interesting and clearly friends, it works out well I think. I'll become a regular listener.

Listened to the first hour last night and the last 2 this morning in podcast form. Its a good show. Still kinda unpolished, but thats to be expected for a new show's first night.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I just realized that it's October, which means 2 amazing things:

1) Pumpkin beer
2) Richard getting goofed on for liking Halloween and pumpkin beer.

Is there a best of Richard pack floating around somewhere? He's my faaaaavorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgAin-xiL-8&feature=related

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 4, 2011

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

I hate it when they goof on Richard for liking Halloween because it's not really that weird to love Halloween. Most people love Halloween. Honestly it's kind of weird to hate Halloween as much as Howard and Robin do. They must really hate fun, because that's what Halloween is to me. A ton of fun, parties, costumes, trick 'r' treating when you were a kid... just fun. Richard rules because he loves Halloween so much.

In closing, Richard is my faaaaavorite.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Yeah I don't think that much of anything that Richard likes/does/says is particularly weir, at least to the point that the rest of the show says. Still, it's fun to hear him getting goofed on.

Any Richard on the air is good. He's easily the most likable person on the staff.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Howard and Robin rag on Richard because he enjoys life in his way and they don't understand happiness.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

ultraviolence123 posted:

I hate it when they goof on Richard for liking Halloween because it's not really that weird to love Halloween. Most people love Halloween. Honestly it's kind of weird to hate Halloween as much as Howard and Robin do. They must really hate fun, because that's what Halloween is to me. A ton of fun, parties, costumes, trick 'r' treating when you were a kid... just fun. Richard rules because he loves Halloween so much.

In closing, Richard is my faaaaavorite.

You also forget Richard is a pretty normal dude and not a spoiled millionaire star.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
I love Richard, but you gotta admit its pretty odd for a 40 year old dude to want to be tucked in by Elves.
Then again, elves freak me out so maybe its just me.

Mr Lance Murdock fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Oct 4, 2011

Kinghorn
May 2, 2006

Seldom do dead men return to haunt the living in such style.
I thought the Nick and Artie show was going to be on fox sports. There is no way they are getting paid what tmz said if they are some AM show in florida...

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Kinghorn posted:

I thought the Nick and Artie show was going to be on fox sports. There is no way they are getting paid what tmz said if they are some AM show in florida...

Maybe Bubba should switch over to AM.

Sports radio is a big deal on AM, who knows.

Kinghorn
May 2, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Maybe Bubba should switch over to AM.

Sports radio is a big deal on AM, who knows.

Yeah but AM is not national. Artie and Nick took over a show on fox sports for the night, and the spot they took over the guy got fired for some twitter comment. Thought that was where they landed.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Here's an easy way to download the shows http://nickandartie.com/pickle/odplaylist.xml

http://danpatrick.directv.com.edgesuite.net/NickArtie/10.3.11-hour-1-Nick-And-Artie.mp3
http://danpatrick.directv.com.edgesuite.net/NickArtie/10.3.11-hour-2-Nick-And-Artie.mp3
http://danpatrick.directv.com.edgesuite.net/NickArtie/10.3.11-hour-3-Nick-And-Artie.mp3

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Nick and Artie's show has not been picked up by fox sports yet. It is being broadcast by DirecTV entertainment. It SHOULD be picked up by fox sports affiliates fairly soon.

I do find it funny that the one affiliate they have is a Clear Channel station.

Mr Lance Murdock fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Oct 4, 2011

Kinghorn
May 2, 2006

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Nick and Artie's show has not been picked up by fox sports yet. It is being broadcast by DirecTV entertainment. It SHOULD be picked up by fox sports affiliates fairly soon.

I do find it funny that the one affiliate they have is a Clear Channel station.

Oh ok that makes sense, I just saw it would start October 3rd. Hope it gets picked up soon.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Kinghorn posted:

Yeah but AM is not national.

If you can get syndicated on AM you have it made but Bubba has burned every bridge in that market so it will never happen.

Also most AM stations are pretty powerful. WHAS in Louisville, KY is 50,000 watts and on a clear night can be heard from quite a distance. I personally been able to tune it in 500 miles away from the transmitter.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

I tried listening to the show for the first time in months. I think it was a show from the start of September this year and New York had a hurricane scare or something and Howard and Beth and all their animals had to go to Pittsburgh.

Anyway early on in the show some guy calls in to tell Howard that his mother died because of a power failure from the storm and his father is so distraught he is thinking of giving the mother's dog away. Howard immediately starts berating this poor guy's dad for trying to give the dog away calling him names and poo poo - a man whose wife of 40 years literally froze to death a few days ago. I couldn't listen any more.

Howard is so completely out of touch it makes me angry. It used to be amusing, but now it just makes me want to see him spectacularly crash and burn and come down to Earth. Hopefully he freezes to death and all his North Shore Animal League cats feast on his dead body. What an utter prick.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Ya AM signal strength can be insane. On a clear day I use to be able to pick up 880 WCBS out of NYC pretty much down the east coast till about North Carolina.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Kinghorn posted:

Yeah but AM is not national. Artie and Nick took over a show on fox sports for the night, and the spot they took over the guy got fired for some twitter comment. Thought that was where they landed.

Poor Tony Bruno, the most fired man in sports radio after Ferrall. I dug the show, particularly that they didn't get bogged down with lovely callers. Three callers all night, and one unresponded-to Crazy Alice reference.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
ARTIE YOU A PIECE OF poo poo AND I HATE YOU GO TO HELL

Hi Fred!

Kt88
Aug 15, 2003

AxeManiac posted:

Hi Fred!

FAT ARRRTIE, HEROIN JUNKIE human being.

oh, Sal, hes ok!

I loved how all of the football picks in 2006 would descend into 15 minutes of Artie and Crazy Alice just abusing each other. Howard would back off entirely and just let them go at it.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Kt88 posted:

oh, Sal, hes ok!

I loved how all of the football picks in 2006 would descend into 15 minutes of Artie and Crazy Alice just abusing each other. Howard would back off entirely and just let them go at it.

I still want my VHS copy of Violet Dehumanizes Elegant Elliot.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Szyznyk posted:

Elliot Offen is the only wackpacker who genuinely unnerves me.

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009

lynch_69 posted:

I used to think he was completely fake but there is way too much evidence of his psychotic behavior and past as a scam artist floating around out there for him to be completely an act. I used to love his oratory skills and he also made for some awesome Steve Langford reports.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

lynch_69 posted:

I was pissed that a guy who committed vehicular manslaughter got to compete for 25 grand and won 8. Made Daniel Carver winning seem like a warm, feel-good story.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Szyznyk posted:

I'd like to see this too, it must be around somewheres.

And I hate Elliot, he's a loving retard.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

lynch_69 posted:

Wait, I want to hear about this. The most of Elliot Offen I ever heard was, I think, when he came in during Get John's Job and he had a girl named Violet sing a song or something, and they seemed pretty close. I want to know the details on this really badly!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Kt88 posted:

oh, Sal, hes ok!

Not really that so much as Artie just trolled her a little and she went off the deep end every time and he just poked her enough to keep it going. It was real for Alice, it was a bit for Artie.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

AxeManiac posted:

Hi Fred!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cs1VT4sumw

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

AltronHGX posted:

Wait, I want to hear about this. The most of Elliot Offen I ever heard was, I think, when he came in during Get John's Job and he had a girl named Violet sing a song or something, and they seemed pretty close. I want to know the details on this really badly!

YOU WANT TO KNOW RIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHT!
YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE GUY WHO KNOCKED OUT JOE CORSIN AT THE STAGE DELI RIGHHHHHHHHHHHHT!

Seriously, just go watch some clips and google him. I cant do it justice.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Oh I know very well who he is, I misspoke in my post. I'm just super interested in his friend, I guess, turning on him or humiliating him live on the air(?).

And also whatever sent Gary into his creepy hairbrush up the rear end tirade.

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003

chiz posted:

I'd like to see this too, it must be around somewheres.

And I hate Elliot, he's a loving retard.

It's on some blog site if you know where to look, something about a phrase from the show and "143" or something or other. Trust me, no you don't want to see it.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

AltronHGX posted:

Oh I know very well who he is, I misspoke in my post. I'm just super interested in his friend, I guess, turning on him or humiliating him live on the air(?).

And also whatever sent Gary into his creepy hairbrush up the rear end tirade.

Violet put a hairbrush up his rear end on his DVD so Gary would fall back on that as an insult.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

I just realized that it's October, which means 2 amazing things:

1) Pumpkin beer

Is there a best of Richard pack floating around somewhere? He's my faaaaavorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgAin-xiL-8&feature=related

I see that someone uploaded to the net that CD of spooky sounds from a cemetery that Richard used to go to sleep to.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

AltronHGX posted:

Good news! http://www.multiupload.com/TC4R7QJCZ2

Beth posted some new photos taken by Howard

http://twitter.com/#!/BethStern/status/121333545733066752/photo/1
http://twitter.com/#!/BethStern/status/121378889938378752/photo/1
http://twitter.com/#!/BethStern/status/121379106502881281/photo/1

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Thanks for the links. For some reason my lovely cell phone only plays about 45 mins of Howard before cutting off and that usually just involves DWTS recaps.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Vakal posted:

I see that someone uploaded to the net that CD of spooky sounds from a cemetery that Richard used to go to sleep to.

Richard's brain is just so magical, he is like a human puppy.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.

lynch_69 posted:

Anyway early on in the show some guy calls in to tell Howard that his mother died because of a power failure from the storm and his father is so distraught he is thinking of giving the mother's dog away. Howard immediately starts berating this poor guy's dad for trying to give the dog away calling him names and poo poo - a man whose wife of 40 years literally froze to death a few days ago. I couldn't listen any more.
Yeah, that poo poo was disgusting. I get the point about the dog being part of the family and his mother loving it and all that, but he was really out of line in that conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Peter North posted:

It's on some blog site if you know where to look, something about a phrase from the show and "143" or something or other. Trust me, no you don't want to see it.

If you're a big fan of human abasement, then it gets two big thumbs up. God almighty, is it ever tragic.