Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
You all better switch over to BBC3 now, last weeks was a nice, well rounded groom

this week is going to be awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Why did the trophy look like a gumball machine? Surely it should have been a gold-plated croqembouche tower?

Also, I don't want to apply to be one of the bakers, I want to apply to be one of the camera crew. That way you get to eat all the leftovers every day. That would be the happiest job on earth.

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

ibroxmassive posted:

You all better switch over to BBC3 now, last weeks was a nice, well rounded groom

this week is going to be awful

Thanks for the reminder, I'm terrible at remembering to watch things, but I wanted to follow this series.

There must be something wrong with me, I do like his choice of church better. More character to it...

Edit: Why did the Narrator just say the last line of the backing track? What did that have to do with anything?

ChuckDHead fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Oct 4, 2011

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

ChuckDHead posted:

Thanks for the reminder, I'm terrible at remembering to watch things, but I wanted to follow this series.

There must be something wrong with me, I do like his choice of church better. More character to it...

His bride is terrified of boats and he's gone for a fishermans church and a sailing club reception

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

ibroxmassive posted:

His bride is terrified of boats and he's gone for a fishermans church and a sailing club reception

Could be worse, I guess. At least she didn't tell him she was specifically afraid of a boat full of spiders or something.

Edit: "Tough crap, it's my wedding too!"

Edit again: I know who this guy reminds me of. A beach bum with idiot friends, he's basically Blake from Angry Boys, with all the complete lack of self-awareness that entails.

ChuckDHead fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 4, 2011

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

He's having a wedding at 10am so that he can whisk his new wife into tenby harbour on a whelk boat she is terrified of because even the lunar cycle was against his lovely wedding plans

Total Meatlove fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 4, 2011

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Have I missed something? Why is this groom obsessed with the bride & bridesmaid dresses having pockets?

What kind of bridal gown has pockets anyway?

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

Much as I hope for her sake that she cancels the wedding as soon as she sees the boat, I also feel like anyone willing to marry this deserves what they get.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Haribo wedding rings

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun
Right. Is he planning to serve the guests crates of fish?

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

ibroxmassive posted:

Haribo wedding rings

Bear in mind that she accepted a proposal using haribo rings. She may be dumb enough to fall for it a second time.

Edit: It's going to be great if he somehow got a pack of Starmix that only had the one ring. I like the image of the ringbearer having to hand over one jelly ring and one jelly fried egg.

ChuckDHead fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 4, 2011

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

The bouquet that's made of spiky bits of coral and starfish is hopefully going to really hurt when she starts beating him over the head with it.

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

I'll say this for the girl, she is stoic and clearly very in love.

Or really stupid and a total pushover.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I am shocked that Don't Tell The Bridge is good enough to merit livechat posting :psyduck:

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I don't watch this stupid baking thing but I find it sort of sweet that this thread seems to love it so much and gets so excited.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Rarity posted:

Don't Tell The Bridge
I have no idea how this gameshow would work, but I'd stake my mortgage on it appearing on Channel 5.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Rarity posted:

I am shocked that Don't Tell The Bridge is good enough to merit livechat posting :psyduck:

It's one of BBC3's most watched shows (gets a million a week)

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Rarity posted:

I dunno about the rest of the thread, but I'm watching it because I'm trapped in the house with a severely sprained ankle and a teething baby. Under those circumstances, you take whatever entertainment you can get and you are thankful for it.

Also, Don't Tell The Bridge is a lovely idea for a gameshow. I feel that John Barrowman should present it. I can just see him, whispering sweet nothings to the Forth Rail Bridge, flirting shamelessly with the Golden Gate bridge...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Irisi posted:

Also, Don't Tell The Bridge is a lovely idea for a gameshow. I feel that John Barrowman should present it. I can just see him, whispering sweet nothings to the Forth Rail Bridge, flirting shamelessly with the Golden Gate bridge...

That Golden Gate is such a harlot.

And yes, I noticed my typo but it was amusing so I left it in

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun
Obviously it would be a makeover show where the bridge was blindfolded and given a new coat of paint and like garlands and stuff and then they take off the blindfold and show the bridge a mirror and the bridge is always really dignified about it but you well up a little bit at home.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Wormophile posted:

Obviously it would be a makeover show where the bridge was blindfolded and given a new coat of paint and like garlands and stuff and then they take off the blindfold and show the bridge a mirror and the bridge is always really dignified about it but you well up a little bit at home.
Surely it's something more disturbing than that, like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h93Q_RruQJY

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

It strikes me that the objects always apparently love those people back unconditionally. I wonder if they ever get spurned by a fence or national landmark.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
I like how completely exasperated Paxo looks when he interview Boris Johnson, it's the same every time. Worth watching Newsnight last night just for that.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Bloody hell, that's crazy.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

For those of you who actually bake, the Great British Bake Off is having two specials starting tomorrow at 8pm with Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood demonstrating some recipes.

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne

Brown Moses posted:

For those of you who actually bake, the Great British Bake Off is having two specials starting tomorrow at 8pm with Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood demonstrating some recipes.

Why did I have to choose this month to be on a loving diet? I could barely make it through the actual show.

I'll just wait for the inevitable cookbook.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Noonsaliwah posted:

Why did I have to choose this month to be on a loving diet? I could barely make it through the actual show.

I'll just wait for the inevitable cookbook.

It's already here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Great-British-Bake-Off-Victoria/dp/1849902682/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317845309&sr=8-1

I've asked for it as a Christmas present. Even if I never bake anything from it; the mere presence of Mary Berry book in my kitchen will make even a plate of cheese on toast taste special.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I probably shouldn't admit this here, but I thought Rab C was thouroughly enjoyable and had some absolutely hysterical bits in it.

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
e: forgot to quote bake off book chat above.

I got the book they did after the first series for my birthday (from my mum, she likes to get presents that she wants :D), don't know if it's the same. It's got some pretty good recipes in it. Baking is fun and addictive. Especially if you can find appreciative people to eat your tasty treats. Baking for yourself is still fun but ultimately feels lonely. I am speaking from experience on both counts.

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

Leyburn posted:

I probably shouldn't admit this here, but I thought Rab C was thouroughly enjoyable and had some absolutely hysterical bits in it.

Rab C Nesbitt is back?

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Yeah it was on tonight, with Richard E Grant putting in a surprising guest appearance.

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

Leyburn posted:

Yeah it was on tonight, with Richard E Grant putting in a surprising guest appearance.

It's on iPlayer, I'll have to give it a watch now.

Edit: You were right, this is probably the best it's been since the revival the other year. It's odd to see a mellower Rab than the psychotic from great old episodes like Rat, but there's been more laughs than I remember last time I watched the newer stuff.

Edit again: Spoke too soon, he's back, and properly mental.

And done. Best of the revival by far. Much as the frequently sad and dark human drama element has always been a vital part of the show, this one was all the better for just using it to set up a plot then substituting it for a much less down-to-earth situation that really worked, with plenty of funny lines (Rab's Halal Irn Bru might be better than the new Fiery Irn Bru that's in the shops at the moment...).

ChuckDHead fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 6, 2011

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
BBC budget news coming out right now.

BBC2 daytime budget cuts

Job cuts

More investment in BBC1 drama and comedy

Radio 4 pretty much unaffected.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Could you expand on the nature of the cuts to BBC2 daytime?

Daveman23
Aug 4, 2003
BBC2 daytime will now be repeats, no origination. Probably peak-time shows from BBC One, Two and Four as well as news programmes, e.g. The Daily Politics and Hard Talk.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
To be honest, I can't actually recall anything that's on BBC2 during the day.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Will Eggheads be effected?

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun

Mr. Squishy posted:

Will Eggheads be effected?

This is very important.

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011

Sion posted:

Could you expand on the nature of the cuts to BBC2 daytime?

Is anyone really bothered about cuts to daytime tv?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun
lol the Mary Berry Baking Bible and the Great British Bakeoff book just arrived at my door. What a nice surprise from drunk me!