Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

NeurosisHead posted:

I'm on my phone so I can't conveniently link it, but Pipboy Readius owns bones.

E: brackets on literally the last page of alt characters :negative:

If you plan on using this I would also recommend this Re-Texture, it also comes with an option to keep the original Pipboy sounds, and also the Pipboy Lantern Replacer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

overdriveGTO posted:

Anyone have any suggestions for improving your characters hands while in first person mode? I've tried some body replacers but in first person the hands still look low resolution.

The hands on Arenovalis's characters in his screenshots look a lot better than anything I've been able to find.

I've been looking for something like this as well, the hands are so hideous in first person.

Also: http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44253 Anyone checked this mod out yet?

Brace fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 5, 2011

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
How do I make a structure visible when far away? I'm building a satellite facility across the river, just south of the Hoover Dam, and I want the SatCom towers to be visible. I've got the LOD .nifs from Fallout 3, just don't know what to do with them.

Also, anyone running Project Nevada and Powered Power Armor together? I disabled scoped zooming in Powered Power Armor, since PN has it, too, but lately my zooming is off. I have to zoom back before I can fully zoom. Zoom.

Zoom.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Oct 5, 2011

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.
Woohoo! Got it running now. There were a few conflicts and some missing ESPs. The improved weapon sounds fx had been updated along with WME.

Thanks for all the assistance, Cream-of-Plenty.

Wish Bethesda would port New Vegas to the Skyrim engine. Their characters finally look human instead of a casting for a David Cronenberg movie. I had forgotten how ugly the characters can be.

ComradeCasey
Jul 7, 2008

by Duchess Gummybuns
Anyone know the fix to this:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198031443615/screenshot/577810212105536802

I've installed the Armory and the texture for the Mateba is all wrong. The only other mods I'm running Faction ID cards and Darnified UI.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

ComradeCasey posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198031443615/screenshot/577810212105536802

I've installed the Armory and the texture for the Mateba is all wrong. The only other mods I'm running Faction ID cards and Darnified UI.

Have you archive invalidation'd???

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Vorgimmler posted:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38623

As though our voices of dissent somehow mystically reached the ears of the author through the aether, he has FINALLY updated IWS after months of inactivity. He boasts that the CTDs of old are now fixed.

And what's this? MCM support? Could it be that we might finally have more control over this wily beast?

What's the trick to getting the MCM menu entity to pop up? I got the IWS note about using it, but I don't see how to access the menu anywhere and I've installed it properly as far as I can tell.

ComradeCasey
Jul 7, 2008

by Duchess Gummybuns

Brace posted:

Have you archive invalidation'd???

I used the one from New Vegas Nexus but I still get the messed up texture. I selected the right .ini too, ran in admin mode, not sure what's happening.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Capn Beeb posted:

What's the trick to getting the MCM menu entity to pop up? I got the IWS note about using it, but I don't see how to access the menu anywhere and I've installed it properly as far as I can tell.

Once you install MCM, it won't show up in the menu upon starting the game. You have to load a save and then exit back to the main menu. At that point, you should see a new MCM option in the main menu.

You know what I want? A single mod that adds a collection of normal human being hair styles and beards to choose from. None of this pink pigtails bullshit. I want a single, simple plugin that adds dreadlocks, receding hair, and regular male haircuts to the game. Nothing that even stinks of Final Fantasy.

:colbert:

EDIT: Also, I want Police Automaton to get working on his armor compilation again. Chip chop chip, PA.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Once you install MCM, it won't show up in the menu upon starting the game. You have to load a save and then exit back to the main menu. At that point, you should see a new MCM option in the main menu.

No go :(

Loaded a save, back to main menu:

Loaded a save from the menu after reloading to main menu:

There's a slight pause in bringing up the menu now, like it's trying to load something, but nothing new.

E:

Oh.

It adds an .esp.

That I did not tick.

That'll learn me for adding a new mod after midnight. :downs:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Oct 5, 2011

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Is there any way to "repair" a save?

I have a character that crashes to desktop whenever he walks towards a certain area (the northwest of vegas, near the road to the place with marcus and the mutants). I tried removing all the mods, and besides the readus mod being removed causing him to stare at a blank forearm instead of a pip-boy that i tried fixing to no avail, it still crashes when entering that area with nothing but vanilla and the DLC loaded, and with only the default files in the data folder. The area is perfectly fine with other characters. Any help?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I finished my "everyone gets a happy ending" game, nuked my mod directory, and am downloading quite a few less mods than before. This next time through, I wanna play a melee guy who kills everyone in the wastes. This next guy's gonna be a doctor who lost his poo poo when he got shot in the head. He's decided that everyone in the world owed him for doctoring work and he wants to take a pound of flesh in payment, etc. Are there any mods that let me pursue my dream of being an insane surgeon from the get-go? :allears:

(Linked video is mildly spoilerish for the film in question, and slightly on the :nws: side from the gory subject matter.)

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

ComradeCasey posted:

Yeah, it's a bug we've long since fixed. You'll have to wait for 2.5 or if you're really impatient you can install the WIP on top of the existing install.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

SourceElement posted:

I finished my "everyone gets a happy ending" game

You kids and your sex mods make me sick.

Also, this game needs more armors v. bad.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

fennesz posted:

FISTO is in the default game, thankyouverymuch. :colbert:

But yeah, more armor choice would be nice. Deciding between tacticlol light armor or power armor is tiresome.

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Oct 5, 2011

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
There really aren't any tacticlol armors in the base game though?

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

Police Automaton posted:

I couldn't withstand and made a recolor of the chinese jump suit, this is also
"babbys first texture work" in my case

Modding ends up being more fun than playing. :v:

\/@Strudel\/ I'm so going to use signature armor with this.

What hair are you using there?

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

CRL9000 is pretty solid. Especially when you hear someone open up with an SMG or automatic in the distance, you really, really want to find them right now cause it sounds pretty terrifying :v:

Hmm, odd. You could use the GECK to point the available armors to use the mesh I uploaded, might work :science:
That would be awesome if I knew how to do that :v:

I'm pretty sure it's some problem with New Vegas Battle Suit because even when I try to console the armors in with just it installed, [01] and [02] look identical, and I get an error if I try to console in [03]. I'm thinking it might not be a complete version of the mod... and I can't get a complete version because it's hidden on Nexus presumably because it has elements from RE5 in it even though tons of other mods have ripped off resources and are still A-OK. :nexus:

Oh well, I'm just going to settle with the female Geonox riot armor for now. It's quite nice!

If you ever have the time, though, a proper mod of that armor of yours would be sweet. pretty pretty please with sugar on top

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Does anyone know about an error that causes all the game's music to stop playing, main title, radio, background, everything.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Does anyone know about an error that causes all the game's music to stop playing, main title, radio, background, everything.

I had music-related problem when I had the Delay DLC mod installed. Right after I found the Old World Blues trigger, the radio stopped working and would play one segment of Mr. New Vegas, then silence. Except when I had the menu open.

May be a completely different problem, of course.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Horns posted:

If you ever have the time, though, a proper mod of that armor of yours would be sweet. pretty pretty please with sugar on top

I'll take a go at it tomorrow :) I'd do it now, but I'm fairly sleepy and chances are sleepy modding = lol I just broke the entire game whoops :downs:

Speaking of modding however;

Why Lombard Station is far superior to Underground Hideout.

My weed grows indoors :toot: Dunno what it was about UH, but no matter what my plants wouldn't do poo poo <:mad:>

Of course, screwing around with fengshui did this:

And I got really drat hungry. I mean poo poo, this looks like a good dinner to me:

But it's 3AM and I don't have any steak thawed out. I never asked for immersion this strong :negative:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jet Jaguar posted:

I had music-related problem when I had the Delay DLC mod installed. Right after I found the Old World Blues trigger, the radio stopped working and would play one segment of Mr. New Vegas, then silence. Except when I had the menu open.

May be a completely different problem, of course.

Thanks. Managed to solve it by installing a new codec set. Of course I immediately heard Johnny Goddamn Guitar when I restarted the game.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Nuclear Pogostick posted:

What hair are you using there?

Selfmade edit of an oblivion haircut.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

I'll take a go at it tomorrow :) I'd do it now, but I'm fairly sleepy and chances are sleepy modding = lol I just broke the entire game whoops :downs:

Speaking of modding however;

Why Lombard Station is far superior to Underground Hideout.

My weed grows indoors :toot: Dunno what it was about UH, but no matter what my plants wouldn't do poo poo <:mad:>

Of course, screwing around with fengshui did this:

And I got really drat hungry. I mean poo poo, this looks like a good dinner to me:

But it's 3AM and I don't have any steak thawed out. I never asked for immersion this strong :negative:
Awesome. I know that's not a guarantee, but you just taking a crack at it is great by me.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Speaking of Lombard Station, where exactly is it? I think the files for it mention it being north of Goodsprings but there's not icon on the map and I can't seem to find it. Should I have a reshuffle of my launch order?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Sometimes New Vegas can be a drat pretty game.

Oh, and, Omnicarius? I think I found a "slight" bug in Lombard Station.

:stare: This is on a character that's maybe an hour and ten minutes old at best. Just wandered into Goodsprings, slaughtered everyone that moved, emptied the Coyote cave, and opened up the hideout. The crafting station wasn't actually decrementing the number of coyote/dog hides in storage. On the positive side, I now have enough belts to make Tetsuya Nomura happy. :shepface:

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.

SourceElement posted:

Sometimes New Vegas can be a drat pretty game.

Oh, and, Omnicarius? I think I found a "slight" bug in Lombard Station.

:stare: This is on a character that's maybe an hour and ten minutes old at best. Just wandered into Goodsprings, slaughtered everyone that moved, emptied the Coyote cave, and opened up the hideout. The crafting station wasn't actually decrementing the number of coyote/dog hides in storage. On the positive side, I now have enough belts to make Tetsuya Nomura happy. :shepface:

There's some bug in one of the containers that gives you a crap-ton of some items, i have something like 73423842834 deathclaw hands in mine...

I believe Omnicarius said it was fixed in the next version, not sure how long we have to wait until that comes out, think he said he was sick but hopefully it won't be much longer...

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

fennesz posted:

Really wish there were more clothing mods with relatively "normal" gear, like this leather jacket. It's tiresome to waddle through a sea of tits and anime on Nexus to find anything good.

I just reinstalled this game after a quite long break and holy poo poo the NMC texture mod :monocle:. That dude put a lot of effort in and it shows. Too bad I think I'm lacking ram for the largest package.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Fewd posted:

I just reinstalled this game after a quite long break and holy poo poo the NMC texture mod :monocle:. That dude put a lot of effort in and it shows. Too bad I think I'm lacking ram for the largest package.

I actually prefer the smallest NMC package. I could probably handle the High package easily but I noticed a pretty large upswing in reliability after I used the smallest one (fewer infinite loading screens, etc). I should mention that everything looks great too, it's leagues better than the vanilla textures - both in texture quality and reliability.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Horns posted:

Awesome. I know that's not a guarantee, but you just taking a crack at it is great by me.

:) What I did here was made a new formID from the reinforced leather armor, and pointed the armor meshes to use my outfit. You may need a type3 body for it, I use... whatever the Not Ridiculous Gigantoboobs one is called, but any of them should work. I also added a male armor mesh for funsies:

Clicky.

I didn't add it to any list or world location, so you'll have to player.additem it. FromID is XX000ADD. Repairs with leather armor :toot:

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I'm running with 4gigs of DDR2 ram and a Radeon HD 5770 1GB. Can I consider using the texture mods? The performance of the game can be patchy in places already.

Also no directions for Lombard Station? :(

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Rather Dashing posted:

I'm running with 4gigs of DDR2 ram and a Radeon HD 5770 1GB. Can I consider using the texture mods? The performance of the game can be patchy in places already.

Also no directions for Lombard Station? :(

I've got 4GB of DDR and an old 8800GT and the small NMC textures are great and honestly improved performance.

Lombard Station gets a map marker once you pick up the key and holotape from the dead NCR dude in Jean's Skydiving.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Capn Beeb posted:

I've got 4GB of DDR and an old 8800GT and the small NMC textures are great and honestly improved performance.

Lombard Station gets a map marker once you pick up the key and holotape from the dead NCR dude in Jean's Skydiving.

Downloading now then, thanks. I've been playing with the standard textures for a while now and while they don't really bother me it'll be nice if things looked a little less hideous.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
Does anyone have any opinions on that Project Reality weather mod that was just finished? I kind of want a different atmosphere mod. I like Nevada Skies except for those horribly annoying sandstorms that just pop in out of nowhere and reduce my vision to about a foot in front of my face. A weather mod that adds some nice atmosphere and variety without either totally changing the tone of the game or creating really obnoxious weather patterns would be ideal but I don't think it exists.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Actually if you don't run custom shaders or directors chair or other stuff like that vanilla weather is perfectly fine and there's hardly a need to use any replacer.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

Does anyone have any opinions on that Project Reality weather mod that was just finished? I kind of want a different atmosphere mod. I like Nevada Skies except for those horribly annoying sandstorms that just pop in out of nowhere and reduce my vision to about a foot in front of my face. A weather mod that adds some nice atmosphere and variety without either totally changing the tone of the game or creating really obnoxious weather patterns would be ideal but I don't think it exists.

I'm using PR Version 4.2. The mod is configurable through both an inventory item and MCM (if you're using MCM.) You have the option of disabling "Subtle DoF" and "Heat Haze" effects, disabling Radstorms, Sandstorms, and "Dark Wasteland", and forcing certain weathers. I'm in the same boat as you: I want something different than vanilla, but without the extreme weather conditions.

For the most part, PR works amicably. The nights are dark but not impossible to navigate and the daytime weather is different without being over-saturated or bright. There are still some kinks to be worked out, and the latest version adds something called "echoes of the past" that basically plays ghostly sound effects at specific worldspace locations. You might be walking by the roller coaster in Primm and hear a roller coaster. It's sort of dumb.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
If you think Ghosts of the Past is dumb with the next major release there's plans to add voice work for the courier.

Why can't people just stick to their mod's original purpose and not make it some kind of epic thing?

The Electro-City mod turned from some cool lighting into something the gently caress else, as did a few other mods.

Just stick to what you're good at and make it perfect.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I actually really really really like vanilla weather, and then just the Nights Are Darker 25% .esp, which gives it the perfect lighting. I'm kind of interested in using Enhanced Shaders but I don't know what kind of performance hit could I expect on an E8400, 4GB DDR2, GTX280?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Nevada Skies without sandstorms would be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Zedd posted:

Nevada Skies without sandstorms would be awesome.

Which version? You can disable them in 0.6.3.