Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

JaysonAych posted:

I think it's in reference to how the lettering isn't centered or spaced right, as if the trunk was wrecked and the badging wasn't applied properly after the repair.

That was essentially it. It's supposed to be centered, not high-centered. It's def. had some painting done, and lord knows what lies beneath given the attention to detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
You have a CF hooded pink Tiburon you wanna sell. What are you gonna do? Market it to girls?

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/2629340718.html

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Mint Supercharged MR2 with 21k miles.

Love the "SUPER CHARGED" LED inside the tach.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Supe...e6753779d#v4-42

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Holy poo poo, that is spotless :psyduck:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
That thing is beautiful

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
not CL but still...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2221964&highlight=rhd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vyw7b-dbxo&feature=player_embedded

quote:

Long and detailed description below, I’m simply trying to get all the info together about my car into this one thread!

Introduction:

I have been building this car for five years, and I keep getting this gut feeling that it is time to move on to something else. Nearly every aspect of this car has been modified for performance while at the same time doing my best to maintain a clean and somewhat average looking exterior. This car runs like a champ, and is a monster.

Name – Garrett
Location – Western Mass
Car - 1998 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
Miles – all over the place
Title – in hand

This car has truly not been beaten or abused, most people unfortunately know me for not using the cars performance enough and being completely anal about the tiniest aspects of the car. Oil changes every 2,000 miles, yearly re-tunes, yearly alignments, garage stored all winter. During the warm months this car becomes my daily driver (most of the time), and it does a great job at it. Very reliable, does not attract a lot of attention, and can become an outrageous monster at the drivers discretion.

To start, this car has a full 2004 Subaru Impreza STi swap. For the most part it is a STi with an Outback body. The motor, dash, drivetrain, wheels, and brakes are all from a 2004 Subaru Impreza STi. The original full swap was done by ECS Performance in their old facility in Springfield, MA. ECS Performance now has a massive new facility in Windsor Locks, CT and are still known nation wide for doing some of the best Subaru swaps.

http://www.eastcoastswappers.com/index.php

The car was originally swapped long ago, and has been extensively and carefully modified over the last five years….

Exterior:

The exterior has no rust. Two years ago the body started to develop small signs of rust behind the rear wheels like every older Subaru. The two rust areas behind the rear wheels were cut out and replaced with fresh metal, a flawless job was done. The roof racks were deleted, the fenders were rolled, and the ugly antenna was shaved. Most of the car was repainted to match the OEM color scheme of black and grey, and it came out really nice.

However, there are small dents throughout the body of the car, most on the doors. The front bumper was pretty hacked up to fit the front mount intercooler, but it was repainted to clean it up a bit. There was also a new front license plate bracket installed on the side of the front bumper. The body overall is in good condition, just minor dents from daily driving.

Odd note about the body: The body of this car has well over 100,000 miles on it, and I flat out told the Mass RMV what was up with the swapped motor and everything. The typical mean RMV lady rudely asked me what the dash said, the STi dash said 48,000 miles. The 48,000 miles from the swapped STi odometer is what’s on the title, and that’s with no odometer errors or inaccuracies at all. The odometer is now at 63,000 miles.

Engine (less than 5,000 miles):

The original OEM 2004 Subaru Impreza STi motor was pulled from the car last year; a stock motor with a fair amount of miles was not going to last long under my plans. EFI Logics in Bethel, CT has preformed all the modifications to date. Just like ECS Performance, EFI Logics has a massive facility and is known nation wide for their work on performance cars.

http://efilogics.com/

A brand new 2009 STi short block with a nitride crank was purchased. I have a ten page invoice from EFI Logics of all the work that was done to the motor, but it was basically forged pistons and new head studs. Every gasket, belt, and valve was replaced. There was a 1,500 mile break in period before EFI Logics would even tune the motor. This motor is brand new and is capable of managing close to 600whp. Along with the new engine, lots of parts were installed:

FPred turbo (8cm housing)
Tial 44mm wastegate (open dump)
Accessport V2 with controller
Aquamist HFS-6 methanol kit with tank in hatch
Kelford cams 272/272
Perrin equal length exhaust manifold
Perrin FMIC
Perrin uppipe
Perrin intake
Perrin turbo inlet
Perrin fuel rails
Perrin catch can
Tial blow off valve
Deatschwerks 850cc injectors
TGV deletes
B&B 3” catless downpipe
Borla Hush 3”catback
Walbro fuel pumps (dual setup)
Gimmick Motorsport radiator
Samco radiator hoses
Group-N motor mounts

Dress up:
Tein hood dampers
ARC pulley cover
Ebay oil cap
STi radiator caps

Many of the parts were modified to fit this specific setup better such as the intercooler pipes, radiator supports, intake, methanol tank setup; EFI Logics did an outstanding job with putting the whole setup together. The car was also tuned by Chris who is the owner of EFI Logics. The car runs awesome.

470whp and 450 ft/lb on a Mustang Dyno

Drivetrain (less than 10,000 miles):

The original 2004 Subaru Impreza STi six speed transmission had started to develop some small grinds, the transmission was used and probably damaged before I owned it. This transmission underwent a FULL rebuild with 2007 STi parts, only the actual transmission case is from the 2004 STi. Best Transmission in Springfield, MA preformed this work, and they are probably hands down the most reputable transmission shop in my area. The owner who preformed this transmission job is very well known for his Toyota Supra’s, and was actually on the show Pinks. The transmission has worked flawless ever since the rebuild.

2004 Subaru Impreza STi six speed transmission (2007 STi internals)
ACT sprung 6-puck clutch
OEM flywheel
Motul transmission fluid
Subaru differential fluid

The transmission has worked flawless ever since the rebuild. It is also a very easy setup to use while still being strong; it takes only a few minutes to get used to.

Suspension and brakes:

Everything is in good condition. The brake setup is way overkill for this lighter body style, and will stop extremely fast. The suspension is also very stiff, and the car handles very well. The tires are in great condition, and have more than half their life left.

D2 coilovers
Cusco front swaybar
Whiteline rear swaybar
STi BBS wheels, RE01 tire’s (235/45/17)
Hawk HPS pads
Stoptech SS brake lines

Interior:

The interior is the roughest part of the car, but not bad by any means. The dash was swapped in by ECS performance from a 2004 Subaru Impreza STi, but the rest is the original 1998 Subaru Impreza Outback grey interior, which actually matches fairly nice. There are a few scuffs on the plastics, a few small stains on the floor fabric, and a few marks on the roof liner. The most annoying things are the windows which have always moved very slowly, and the rear speakers have never worked. Nothing horrible, but it’s far from perfect. There are also a few gauges that were installed by EFI Logics that look awesome.

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX seats (black/grey)
2007 Subaru Impreza STi head unit
Defi 60mm gauges with control unit (boost, oil pressure, EGT)
Aquamist HFS-6 gauge

Conclusion:

Thank you for looking!

This car has only been worked on by the best shops, and has been very carefully maintained. I have a stack of invoices for almost everything that was installed in the car, and any work that I preformed my self was most definitely checked by professionals.

This car overall runs extremely well, and has never left me stranded anywhere. The detailed description of the car will hopefully help me show how well this car really does perform and run. The main goal of this car was to create a street driven monster that wouldn’t attract a ton of attention, and I personally think I achieved that goal.

I don’t need to sell the car, but it’s probably time to move on. I still love this car, and I wont let it go for a price that I’m not comfortable with. I really don’t like to think about what I have invested in this car, it is insane. Cash is preferred, but I’m open to quality trades. I would like to get an amount of money towards $25,000 but that is probably not a realistic price. Seriously, if you’re interested in this car then talk to me and make an offer that you think is fair. This project has cost me over $40,000.

If you’re interested in making a trade then make me an offer. I’m only looking for quality cars in good condition, don’t really want another heavily modified car either. I’m willing to toss cash in if necessary to make a deal work.

Asking price - $17,500 OBO

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

How desirable are Toyota Starlets? Someone offered me a 1983, going to check it out this weekend. Asking $2600 Stock or $3500 w/ Euro bumpers, TRD Springs, and hatch wing lol. Here's some pics:

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
They're quite rare and take Corolla GTS parts easily enough, and is easy to CARB certify, unless you're taking that car out of state.

Its an okay price if its in good condition. The tint removal will probably be a pain in the rear end.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Words cannot describe how badly I want this.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Anyone need 150 97 Neons with 0 miles?

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1066831_what-would-you-do-with-150-brand-new-1997-chrysler-neons

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I hear an one make racing series would be a great thing for them :)

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

You Am I posted:

I hear an one make racing series would be a great thing for them :)
Demolition derby where each team is given like 5 Neons which they must make into a single massive shitbox of death. Pound a door flat and weld it to a flywheel. Make a mobile car crusher out of cars. poo poo would be crazy.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Imagine if you bought that whole lot, with all the extra parts you could drive a nice OEM Neon for the rest of your life :allears:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Or you could have a Neon rallycross car with plenty of spares.

Selling all those interiors has got to add up, provided there's a market of Neon owners that are willing to spend money to replace cracked/worn interior pieces instead of just cover them in Big Mac wrappers and semen.

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.
Perfectly reasonable project car right here, just needs a vinyl wrap.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/2591469708.html

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
"Needs paint and tlc"

TLC as in "Total 'Lectric Component replacement"?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Wonder where in Western Mass that is. Sure as hell ain't Springfield or any town I recognize.

ursa_minor
Oct 17, 2006

I'm hella in tents.

MATLAB 1988 posted:

Perfectly reasonable project car right here, just needs a vinyl wrap.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/2591469708.html

Look at those loving wheels! Who the hell owned that thing?

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
A Lagonda donk would be the most incredible thing ever.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Holy poo poo:

quote:

1978 ford ranchero take a chance - $100 (boston)

Date: 2011-10-04, 4:58PM EDT

no luck selling my ranchero. Must sell it can,t take it with me . It,s been on craigs list for over 5 months and not one reply.
when i drive around town everyone loves this old girl but money is tight no one has money for BIG BOY TOYS.
I am going to rsffel my car. 2 decks of cards = 104 cards @$100 A card all done at one place at one time
Show up we need 90 players to let the game go89 or less no game
first draw wins car clean title
second draw $400 THATS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

call me for time and date Bob

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
Hahaha. At least it's a funny scam.

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit

opengl128 posted:

Mint Supercharged MR2 with 21k miles.

Love the "SUPER CHARGED" LED inside the tach.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Supe...e6753779d#v4-42

The craziest part about this is that from what I've read, Toyota didn't give the car's with the "flat" colors (i.e. red and black) clearcoat; I know mine doesn't have it (although its red and 4 years older).

If anyone knows how get that kind of polish, let me know;

Now excuse me as I save a new wallpaper.

Hotbod Handsomeface
Dec 28, 2009
I think that Toyota used single stage paint. So it is the paint and clear coat in one. At least that is what is on my white 89 corolla, I learned this when I had to hammer out and paint my rear quarter panel. I think that it is the same for the red from that era.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Wonder where in Western Mass that is. Sure as hell ain't Springfield or any town I recognize.

You're not thinking west enough. That looks like the Berkshires to me.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Single stage paints are good for diy. You can just sand the mistake away and respray until you are happy. They are great for black or white or plain colors without sparkle. They polish up good. Clear coat is harder to scratch though so it is universally used now.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

A MIRACLE posted:

How desirable are Toyota Starlets? Someone offered me a 1983, going to check it out this weekend. Asking $2600 Stock or $3500 w/ Euro bumpers, TRD Springs, and hatch wing lol. Here's some pics:

I want that thing so bad.

It's rare to find one not hacked up, or made into a turbo rotary drag car.

Speaking of rare:
http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/2631558114.html

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
"This thing screams"

yeah in agony...

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
There is absolutely no chance that passenger seat has ever seen any human being under 150lb.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001
For $800 bucks it looks like a blast.

But I am curious about the ejector seat. The force required to throw 150lbs vertically is tremendous. An air ram and compressor capable of doing that would weigh a ton by themselves.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
Pretty sure the original owner of that thing wrecked it years ago...?

ursa_minor
Oct 17, 2006

I'm hella in tents.

Tai-Pan posted:

For $800 bucks it looks like a blast.

But I am curious about the ejector seat. The force required to throw 150lbs vertically is tremendous. An air ram and compressor capable of doing that would weigh a ton by themselves.

If it isn't a joke/fake ad, which I think it is - my guess would be with a cunningly placed airbag.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
I've driven past this one a few times, as it sat on the back of a lot. Saw it on CL today. I should hold a raffle for guessing the mileage. Looks like it's been hit on the front quarter, maybe in the back, notice the bumpers both front and back are rippled. I wonder if he'd sell it for $300.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Is it just me or does the trunk say 318i?

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

ursa_minor posted:

If it isn't a joke/fake ad, which I think it is - my guess would be with a cunningly placed airbag.

I am pretty sure airbags do not have even close to enough force. The ability to launch someone ten feet with about 6 inches of room to accelerate would require and initial velocity strong enough to rip you to shreds.

I think you could do it with compressed springs. Something out of an HD truck at each corner of the seat with a detonator charge to blow open the locking mechanism. It might snap your neck though

ursa_minor
Oct 17, 2006

I'm hella in tents.

Tai-Pan posted:

I am pretty sure airbags do not have even close to enough force. The ability to launch someone ten feet with about 6 inches of room to accelerate would require and initial velocity strong enough to rip you to shreds.

I think you could do it with compressed springs. Something out of an HD truck at each corner of the seat with a detonator charge to blow open the locking mechanism. It might snap your neck though

I was really just referencing this - I really have no idea.

http://youtu.be/Z33L8XcwrJY

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

opengl128 posted:

That's 318 in metric, it's a European car :v:

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT

opengl128 posted:

el topo posted:

That's 318 in metric, it's a European car :v:

Single exhaust outlet. The 325 would have two. It's an M42 equipped 318i. Sidenote : hubcaps are quite rare on second generation (plastic bumper) E30 models.

Hey!
Feb 27, 2001

MORE MONEY = BETTER THAN
(Taken down just after I came across it. Vancouver WA, not BC.)

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
If only I didn't already have the sedan. And it not being a total hack job.

_firehawk fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 6, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

opengl128 posted:

Hahaha, you're absolutely right. I will offer him $200 instead.