Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Is there any mod that doesn't make major changes that just... allows me to switch companions faster? Traveling to the New Vegas strip entrance => New Vegas Strip => Lucky 38 => Presidential Suite => Back down again every time I feel like variety is a wee bit obnoxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Ddraig posted:

If you think Ghosts of the Past is dumb with the next major release there's plans to add voice work for the courier.

Why can't people just stick to their mod's original purpose and not make it some kind of epic thing?

The Electro-City mod turned from some cool lighting into something the gently caress else, as did a few other mods.

Just stick to what you're good at and make it perfect.

Yeah, Electro-City was a joke. Why would anyone think that we need backstory for why lights are on? What's the point of the big loving building? Why hasn't anyone raided it for that giant lightbulb?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44266

Goons...

Are you responsible for this?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Zorak posted:

Is there any mod that doesn't make major changes that just... allows me to switch companions faster? Traveling to the New Vegas strip entrance => New Vegas Strip => Lucky 38 => Presidential Suite => Back down again every time I feel like variety is a wee bit obnoxious.

The only thing I can think of is a Companion Radio mod (the one I linked is one of the most up-to-date files). Basically, the way it works is like so: You can use a radio to communicate with other party members that also have radios. You can issue them commands without having to be right next to them. The only thing I'm not certain of is whether or not you can give "follow" commands to party members that have retired to the Lucky 38.

turgon
Aug 18, 2003

I think I'm lost

Zorak posted:

You can add map markers to the strip so you can fast travel straight to Lucky 38, it's not what you are asking for but it saves a little bit of time.
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38931

turgon fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 5, 2011

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Brace posted:

Goons...

This is brilliant and makes me want to do a :spergin: run

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Zorak posted:

In addition to the map markers, one of these mods may also be of some use: Lucky 38 Teleporter or Companion Dismissal Extended.

Companion Dismisal Extended lets you dismiss companions to any of the four faction safehouses or the Novac motel room, provided you have the keys to those places and have unlocked the front door once. The teleporter lets you teleport directly to the High-Roller Suite from anywhere in the world, though there are reports that companions do not teleport with you. So if you use that, you'll probably want to dismiss them first.

Oh, and this mod is the updated version of the New Vegas and Freeside map markers mod.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

VisAbsoluta posted:

This is brilliant and makes me want to do a :spergin: run

I was just about to post this link.

News at 11: 7 autistic children have admitted to the ICU burn unit because neighborhood kids thought that autism made people fireproof.

Autism awareness INDEED!

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I don't know being autistic obviously wouldn't be anything like this, this makes being autistic seem like its an amazing super power. I'm not saying this is a bad idea or that it's poorly made or anything, but you might be better served making it more realistic if your goal is to raise awareness about autism.

Just my two cents.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
So what? Doc mitchel's house has childproof locks that you just can't seem to open... and every few hours he brings you juice and a sandwich because it's the only thing you eat. Instead of a pip-boy radio all you can hear is the sounds of your own grunting and moaning as you rock back in forth in a chair in the living room. Also, if anyone visits you try and bite them.

Sounds like a fun mod.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
I had an idea for a Schizophrenia trait modeled on the Wild Wastelend trait. If you have the trait, random poo poo happens throughout the game, like people that aren't really there come up and start talking to you and poo poo, weird conversation responses, etc. I'm not schizophrenic but my buddy's mom is and when he told me she claimed an extrademinesional native American man stole some of her money I thought "wow, that would be awesome."

Good thing I never did it. I wouldn't have added super powers or shimmering skin. I would have been laughed at.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Yeah the autism mod needs more limitations. You're character can't get near certain inanimate objects for fear of...who knows what and the only food you can eat is Fancy Lad Snack Cakes.

Also if you find any books on the floor you can't fast travel until they're all put back neatly on a shelf somewhere.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
My adblock(chrome) doesn't seem to be blocking the video ads when I try to download stuff of nexus... help guys :smith:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Brace posted:

My adblock(chrome) doesn't seem to be blocking the video ads when I try to download stuff of nexus... help guys :smith:

Firefox + Adblock Plus + NoScript = :smug:

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Ok, I absolutely cannot get the Fallout New Vegas Radio Extender thing in the OP to work right at all. Any time when a track I've entered comes up, it just... doesn't run it. At all. I even tried using one of the premade things like the And More Of That tracks, and it just plays silence when one of those tracks comes up.

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.

Brace posted:

Mines doesn't either, so i switch to Firefox+adblock for the nexus.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
FlashBlock for Chrome stops the ads from playing quite nicely. You still have to sit and wait for 40 seconds while the ad "plays," but the mirrors will eventually show up!

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Zorak posted:

Ok, I absolutely cannot get the Fallout New Vegas Radio Extender thing in the OP to work right at all. Any time when a track I've entered comes up, it just... doesn't run it. At all. I even tried using one of the premade things like the And More Of That tracks, and it just plays silence when one of those tracks comes up.

Could it be possible your tracks are just really quiet? I know when I was converting them for the first time, I took the standard More of Where that Came from, ran it through the .bat program at -10db, and they were so quiet I could not hear them. I thought it wasn't working either until I had my volume high for some reason and heard them faintly in the background.

Try extracting them straight to the appropriate folder as they are, prenumbered, and see if it's louder.

Cortex
Apr 2, 2011
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38623

IWS - Increased Wasteland Spawns has been updated, didn't expect that!

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
Oh man, can't wait to tear up the wastes as an evil autistic robot on my next playthrough.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Zorak posted:

I know that FONV only supports CBR (Constant Bitrate) MP3s. If they aren't CBR, you'll just have silence for the duration of the song. There should be a batch file packaged with the FNV Radio Extender that you can run to convert the songs in question to the appropriate format. I know that some MP3s won't play while others will, and this is usually why.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy

Zorak posted:

I've had this exact same problem, and I'm using the mp3 packs from NVN. :iiam:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Zorak posted:

This mod adds a balcony (with map marker) to your Lucky 38 suite. It's about as unobtrusive as you can go without outright teleporting inside the room without going overboard and adding a billion things.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Brace posted:

Goons...

Pros of Autism:
-Enhanced reflexes
-Heightened senses
-Quick draw/reload/fire
-Telekinesis
-Poison immunity
-Flame-proof
-Super strength

Cons of Autism:
-People think you're creepy/weird

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

:) What I did here was made a new formID from the reinforced leather armor, and pointed the armor meshes to use my outfit. You may need a type3 body for it, I use... whatever the Not Ridiculous Gigantoboobs one is called, but any of them should work. I also added a male armor mesh for funsies:

Clicky.

I didn't add it to any list or world location, so you'll have to player.additem it. FromID is XX000ADD. Repairs with leather armor :toot:
:woop: You rock. Installing this bitch now!

EDIT: I'm doing something wrong again. Top part works fine, but I'm getting flashing textures on the pants (but not on the gun in the holster oddly enough). SO CLOSE. Everything's installed. Tried with and without Type3, toggled Archive Invalidation, dropped NVBCS01 in my data folder, rearranged load order, nothing's fixed it. I'm thinking I may need to install the mod that you got the pants from last, which one was it?

Load order:
Desert_Scorpion.esp
Geonox_Riot_Armor.esp
VegasOutfits.esp
LeatherRiotArmor.esp
NVBS.esp

Halp :smith:

Horns fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 6, 2011

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Pros of Autism:
-Enhanced reflexes
-Heightened senses
-Quick draw/reload/fire
-Telekinesis
-Poison immunity
-Flame-proof
-Super strength

Cons of Autism:
-People think you're creepy/weird

Where the gently caress does the fireproof thing come from? When I was a kid I read about people with asthma being able to hear a slightly larger range of frequencies, so I thought I could be Daredevil or something, so I could see maybe he broke something big during a tantrum when he was a kid, or was obsessed with that cup stacking game, so there's your super-strength and reflexes. Telekinesis would be a "natural" extension of having a super brain, and I knew an engineering student in college who I'm pretty sure had aspergers and he had a really weird metabolism, rail thin and would eat at least 3,000 calories a day, no idea if the two were related, but that sort of explains the poison thing. But the flame-proof bit, do people with autism sweat a bunch, or maybe just this guy does?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Horns posted:

:woop: You rock. Installing this bitch now!

EDIT: I'm doing something wrong again. Top part works fine, but I'm getting flashing textures on the pants (but not on the gun in the holster oddly enough). SO CLOSE. Everything's installed. Tried with and without Type3, toggled Archive Invalidation, dropped NVBCS01 in my data folder, rearranged load order, nothing's fixed it. I'm thinking I may need to install the mod that you got the pants from last, which one was it?

Load order:
Desert_Scorpion.esp
Geonox_Riot_Armor.esp
VegasOutfits.esp
LeatherRiotArmor.esp
NVBS.esp

Halp :smith:

From what I can tell, the pants come from the Desert Scorpion packs. However, I added a knife from another mod to that mesh and completely forgot about it :downs: Did you download and extract
Combat_Package-35668-1.rar and Desert_Scorpion-V3-35668-1.rar to your /data/ folder?

Edited mesh here. If THAT doesn't work, I'll have a go at making the mesh over again. I think I can do it in a way that isn't completely smashed together in round peg/square hole fashion :v:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Skwirl posted:

Where the gently caress does the fireproof thing come from? When I was a kid I read about people with asthma being able to hear a slightly larger range of frequencies, so I thought I could be Daredevil or something, so I could see maybe he broke something big during a tantrum when he was a kid, or was obsessed with that cup stacking game, so there's your super-strength and reflexes. Telekinesis would be a "natural" extension of having a super brain, and I knew an engineering student in college who I'm pretty sure had aspergers and he had a really weird metabolism, rail thin and would eat at least 3,000 calories a day, no idea if the two were related, but that sort of explains the poison thing. But the flame-proof bit, do people with autism sweat a bunch, or maybe just this guy does?
Maybe it's a troll mod.

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

Cortex posted:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38623

IWS - Increased Wasteland Spawns has been updated, didn't expect that!

AWESOME! And the new features sound great. Looking forward to Feral Ghoul Rampage :black101:

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Skwirl posted:

It's most certainly a troll mod, but as it happens I work with a cat that has asperger's and he sweats constantly. Not like it's pouring off of him, but he constantly looks sort of slick and clammy all over because he's sort of . . . moist.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

From what I can tell, the pants come from the Desert Scorpion packs. However, I added a knife from another mod to that mesh and completely forgot about it :downs: Did you download and extract
Combat_Package-35668-1.rar and Desert_Scorpion-V3-35668-1.rar to your /data/ folder?

Edited mesh here. If THAT doesn't work, I'll have a go at making the mesh over again. I think I can do it in a way that isn't completely smashed together in round peg/square hole fashion :v:
Nope, that didn't do it. I think I might know why it's not working, though.

I might just be talking out of my rear end here, but could it have something to do with my Steam install? I have Steam installed outside of Program Files because it was the only way I could get FO3 to run correctly without locking up every 30 seconds. It's an issue with Vista and UAC, but I had the same problem with Win7; it was either move Steam or disable UAC, and I've read that disabling UAC is generally Not A Very Good Idea. Because of this I've found that the occasional mod will give me wonky textures even if it would work fine for someone that has Steam installed to Program Files.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

As if I needed any more reasons to loathe the entire F3Underground community, apparently they relocated to a new website that is entrenched in adfly links. Want to download this mod? Adfly link. Want to click this link to the FNV Nexus? Adfly link.

Adfly. :negative:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

NeurosisHead posted:

It's most certainly a troll mod, but as it happens I work with a cat that has asperger's and he sweats constantly. Not like it's pouring off of him, but he constantly looks sort of slick and clammy all over because he's sort of . . . moist.
I didn't even realize cats could have asperger's.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Horns posted:

Nope, that didn't do it. I think I might know why it's not working, though.

I might just be talking out of my rear end here, but could it have something to do with my Steam install? I have Steam installed outside of Program Files because it was the only way I could get FO3 to run correctly without locking up every 30 seconds. It's an issue with Vista and UAC, but I had the same problem with Win7; it was either move Steam or disable UAC, and I've read that disabling UAC is generally Not A Very Good Idea. Because of this I've found that the occasional mod will give me wonky textures even if it would work fine for someone that has Steam installed to Program Files.

Nah that wouldn't do it, my Steam isn't even on the C: drive.

drat :(

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Which version? You can disable them in 0.6.3.

Can you disable radstorms and other extras of that kind too? How dark are Nevada Skies nights? Think I'll switch to this from PR because PR simply has too dark nights. I don't mind it being much darker than vanilla, but this one has them pitch black.

Also I really don't like the stupid echoes thing, and even less about the plans to do courier VO's. I mean drat, just make a separate mod you rear end in a top hat.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Zorak posted:

There is follower home marker http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36738

This one lets you set where your home is. Just set it once and all your companions will go there. The mod is broken with Cass though. You cannot set the location with her, but she will go to the marker. Make sure it is indoors though as the sandbox radius is enormous. On the other hand, you can set it to a town and they can wander around town.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Fewd posted:

Can you disable radstorms and other extras of that kind too? How dark are Nevada Skies nights? Think I'll switch to this from PR because PR simply has too dark nights. I don't mind it being much darker than vanilla, but this one has them pitch black.

Also I really don't like the stupid echoes thing, and even less about the plans to do courier VO's. I mean drat, just make a separate mod you rear end in a top hat.

In 0.6.3, yes. You get a hygrograph in your inventory. Open it up, enable cheatmenu, disable the weather types you don't want (radstorms, etc.) The nights are dark but not ridiculous, plus there is a separate plugin that allows you to manually adjust the nighttime brightness...which also seems to work with other weather mods.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Okay, something has corrupted my save game. When I try to load it, it just stays on the loading screen, and I have to use task manager to shut down fallout.

FalloutNV.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
More Perks.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
TalonPack.esm
Lings.esm
The.Armory.esm
MojaveExtended100.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
More Perks Update.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
LingsPrettyThings.esp
MojaveExtended20.esp
MojaveExtended60.esp
MojaveExtended40.esp
MojaveExtended80.esp
SignatureArmor.esp
SignatureWeapons.esp
Easy Hacking.esp
Lombard Station.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp

Total active plugins: 26
Total plugins: 26

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Strudel Man posted:

I didn't even realize cats could have asperger's.

You know what I mean, nerd. Also, about the adfly thing, isn't it stated pretty explicitly somewhere that you don't get to make money off of mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigLove
Nov 19, 2009

Fewd posted:

You can disable all storm types. Make sure you get the Night Darkness/Brightness option though. Outside is not overly dark at all, but inside Freeside, New Vegas Strip, Boulder City etc are all EXTREMELY dark. Just something to be aware of.