Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Pope Guilty posted:

It gets into his lyrics, as in "Fuckmachine" and "Give Head If You Got It". "Joy to the World" is pretty great though.

All three of those songs are great. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

13Pandora13 posted:

All three of those songs are great. :colbert:

Sure, but with the first two, the lyrics are sufficiently "Please be offended by me!" to be distracting to where I can't enjoy them.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Pope Guilty posted:

Sure, but with the first two, the lyrics are sufficiently "Please be offended by me!" to be distracting to where I can't enjoy them.

The thing I don't get about this is that nobody is going to accidentally come across his stuff, so who does he think he's offending or shocking?

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:
drat it it's 2011, not 1990. If you're trying to offend with your lyrics it's probably not offending anyone worth offending (or dare I say "making them think" it's probably doing the complete opposite). And if multiple people question why your trying hard to seem offensive and you say "I'm not trying it's just how I write/who I am" then you're lying to yourself.

AND by this I don't just mean swearing/cursing I mean that fine line that crosses artful expression into stereotypical mediocrity.

CIRCUITFUCK 69 - Bloodpuss Electrolosis (IN YOUR BRAINZ poo poo MIX)

The Cleaner fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 5, 2011

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

The Cleaner posted:

CIRCUITFUCK 69 - Bloodpuss Electrolosis (IN YOUR BRAINZ poo poo MIX)

I was disappointed to find that this was not a real song. :colbert:

W424
Oct 21, 2010

carbonex posted:

Edit: Did this thread ever talk about last year's Haus Arafna? It might have been more like an Arafna/November Növelet blend, but drat was it good!

You mean "You"? I loved it, the Crowley vox were genius.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Hellektro or however you want to call it is the brostep of the industrial scene. It locates and extracts the easiest, simplest and "coolest" parts out of a genre (ie. HUUUGE BEATS BRO and LYRICS ABOUT BLOOD AND SEX AND HOW THE SYSTEM SUXXXX!!1!!) and applies them liberally ad nauseam. I guess you can dance to it or something, but bands like Combichrist, Agonoize, Ext!ze etc. just have nothing to offer for me. They're just not ambitious or interesting enough artistically for me to get excited about them, I guess.

e: Speaking of ~*:smug:art:smug:*~ the new Diary of Dreams album is pretty amazing

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Oct 5, 2011

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Hellektro or however you want to call it is the brostep of the industrial scene.

I absolutely love this analogy.
As much as I don't like Combichrist and their ilk, Suicide Commando are still amazing.

carbonex
Sep 11, 2001

W424 posted:

You mean "You"? I loved it, the Crowley vox were genius.
Yeah, that one. Anyone who hasn't checked this out yet needs to get with the program.

Furret Basket posted:

As much as I don't like Combichrist and their ilk, Suicide Commando are still amazing.
Especially earlier, Dive-esque Suicide Commando. He puts on a really fun live show, too.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Pope Guilty posted:

Hating women is coooooool!

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

When at university, it was the whores sluts skanks women from Northern Ontario that loved Combichrist.

edit: and I'm talking about the Abercrombie-wearing ones, not the Zaphod's crowd, heh. Though they probably liked it too.

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 5, 2011

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Slappy Moose posted:

Aesthetic Perfection - The Great Depression was pretty good though, the overemphasis of lyrics detracted from it but the beats were awesome. Thanks or that one.

That's actually why I loved that song :shobon:

His lyrics are a huge cut above most similar stuff, and his rage comes across as real, not some cheesy shock-shtick.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I feel like taste in industrial is entirely subjective. I think most of the stuff you guys like is way too whiny goth kid for my tastes but I don't think the bands I like are musically superior. I just like them better. Everything in industrial is a stereotype. You take yourselves way too seriously.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

13Pandora13 posted:

I feel like taste in industrial is entirely subjective. I think most of the stuff you guys like is way too whiny goth kid for my tastes but I don't think the bands I like are musically superior. I just like them better. Everything in industrial is a stereotype. You take yourselves way too seriously.

Different strokes. I prefer 'whiny' to 'misogynist'. Your tastes may vary!

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Speaking of 'whiny' ...
not really, too dark park is one of my all time favorite things

The new Skinny Puppy leaked (briefly).

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Twiin posted:

Hating women is coooooool!

SO EDGY!

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Industrial has always been totally over the edge, bro, it's just that people are harder to shock now.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

TOOT BOOT posted:

Industrial has always been totally over the edge, bro, it's just that people are harder to shock now.

Sure! The difference is that acts like Laibach or Boyd Rice were either explicitly a character act, or were totally marginalized. Combichrist wears a confederate war flag and puts out a video where he forces women to strip at gunpoint, and he goes on tour with Rammstein.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

All you feminist cunts you know that you want it, give head if you've got it.

:siren: totally ironic :siren:

Wouldn't care so much if a) the music wasn't so boring b) so many of fans take it so seriously. Combichrist fans are worse than Juggalos.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
edit: nm

carbonex
Sep 11, 2001

The most frustrating part is that he's been wasting time with Combichrist (and Panzer AG...) and we haven't had an Icon of Coil album in forever.

Just have to skip that night at Kinetik next year. :(

Edit: On a positive note, Haujobb might still put on a good show? Dead Market

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

The issue for me is that is has been done to death. I'm sure maybe back in the 80's maybe it WAS offensive or edgy. Nowadays? You mine as well wear a powdered wig with your gasmask and distorted dance beats.

I had a chance to listen to the new Skinny Puppy leak and IMO it's a good example of edgy-without-trying-to-be-edgy. The whole album is just uncompromising and almost reminds me a ViVisectVi freeform unstructured stuff.. some of it actually dark too like Brownstone which imo one of the more twisted tracks I've heard (although not really a 'song' but still wtf). Definitely recommending this album.

carbonex
Sep 11, 2001

The Cleaner posted:

The issue for me is that is has been done to death. I'm sure maybe back in the 80's maybe it WAS offensive or edgy. Nowadays? You mine as well wear a powdered wig with your gasmask and distorted dance beats.

I had a chance to listen to the new Skinny Puppy leak and IMO it's a good example of edgy-without-trying-to-be-edgy. The whole album is just uncompromising and almost reminds me a ViVisectVi freeform unstructured stuff.. some of it actually dark too like Brownstone which imo one of the more twisted tracks I've heard (although not really a 'song' but still wtf). Definitely recommending this album.
And it's not lame, half-baked direct political posturing like Mythmaker?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I guess I just don't give a poo poo about Skinny Puppy anymore. Listened to 3 of the tracks on Youtube and while they were interesting they weren't anything I'd want to listen to more than a few times.

I think I've just gotten tired of most industrial. Even the thought of throwing on Psalm 69 or Too Dark Park just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Zaiquiri
Mar 14, 2007

Furret Basket posted:

All you feminist cunts you know that you want it, give head if you've got it.

:siren: totally ironic :siren:

Wouldn't care so much if a) the music wasn't so boring b) so many of fans take it so seriously. Combichrist fans are worse than Juggalos.

Ahaha yes. YES.

Twiin posted:

Sure! The difference is that acts like Laibach or Boyd Rice were either explicitly a character act, or were totally marginalized. Combichrist wears a confederate war flag and puts out a video where he forces women to strip at gunpoint, and he goes on tour with Rammstein.

I'd argue that acts like Laibach and Boyd Rice are better because they aren't just shock-jocks but are actually explicitly transgressive and their image, characters, and lyrics actually have a social meaning as opposed to the juvenile rantings of bands like Combichrist where they just want to appeal to teen angst, which just happens to be hopelessly reactionary.

Zaiquiri fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 5, 2011

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Furret Basket posted:

Combichrist fans are worse than Juggalos.

Hang on, lets not go crazy here.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

carbonex posted:

The most frustrating part is that he's been wasting time with Combichrist (and Panzer AG...) and we haven't had an Icon of Coil album in forever.

Just have to skip that night at Kinetik next year. :(

Edit: On a positive note, Haujobb might still put on a good show? Dead Market

Komor's doing pretty well with Komor Kommando, isn't he? I signed up for the Alfa Matrix email list, because I loving love Alfa Matrix, and it seems like every email I get from them has a new KK disc.

carbonex
Sep 11, 2001

Pope Guilty posted:

Komor's doing pretty well with Komor Kommando, isn't he? I signed up for the Alfa Matrix email list, because I loving love Alfa Matrix, and it seems like every email I get from them has a new KK disc.
Honestly I haven't heard his album, just some remixes here and there. Is his album worth a listen? I mean a lot of these type of artists don't exactly hurt for releases.

I'll admit I may have moved on from the targeted audience though. Anyone still enjoying Combichrist and [x]rx (who are somehow great live?!) should live in the moment!

molotoveverything
Oct 18, 2010
drat, I wish I haven't blown off VNV's new album so quickly earlier. Just gave the album a listen and I really enjoyed "On Air", "Radio", and "Nova". I can't blame them for mellowing out, it only seems natural, I just would have preferred they would have done it as similarly as Covenant did.

speaking of Covenant, I'm starting to anticipate an EP from them. They left out a decent bunch of songs from their modern ruin tour that I was anticipating to hear.

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

Sloppy posted:

That's actually why I loved that song :shobon:

His lyrics are a huge cut above most similar stuff, and his rage comes across as real, not some cheesy shock-shtick.
You may like this.

I actually ended up editing the song more to my liking; I added in the beat near the beginning in a lot more parts with lyrics, and I think it really fits (I like it a lot better now anyway, and it works for me when I'm in the gym).

The biggest problem I have with a lot of music of any genre is that there is some very catchy tune in the beginning of the song, then it peters out to favour the lyrics or some other beat which I don't like as much. I end up editing a lot of the music I listen to to fix this... am I weird or do other's do the same thing?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I can't say I've ever edited music other than doing the mono trick with really layered music to see what pops out of the mix.

Dickbutt Ouroboros
Nov 13, 2002

handbandit?
Son of a bitch!

Heh, I totally forgot about this song until recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt2Dgf5sRU4

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

Jose Mengelez posted:

Hang on, lets not go crazy here.

Read ICP and Combichrist lyrics side by side and try to tell yourself they aren't exactly the same.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

spider_ross.avi posted:

Read ICP and Combichrist lyrics side by side and try to tell yourself they aren't exactly the same.

That would make for a good online trivia game. "ICP or Combichrist?"

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Twiin posted:

That would make for a good online trivia game. "ICP or Combichrist?"

You pretend to be god you gently caress me in the rear end

v.

If only I could set the world on fire gently caress 'em all

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

molotoveverything posted:

drat, I wish I haven't blown off VNV's new album so quickly earlier. Just gave the album a listen and I really enjoyed "On Air", "Radio", and "Nova". I can't blame them for mellowing out, it only seems natural, I just would have preferred they would have done it as similarly as Covenant did.

Yeah, I enjoyed the new stuff at Infest when I was hammered so was unsure if it was actually good, but saw them again a bit more sober last night and some of the new tracks seemed actually good. They aren't really pretending to do anything other than dressed up cheesy eurodance for a couple of the new tracks, but I really like cheesy eurodance. I just wish they would play some of the Advance & Follow and Praise the Fallen stuff live.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

hatelull posted:

v.

Haha what did I start here? I like this game.

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

I guess I just don't give a poo poo about Skinny Puppy anymore. Listened to 3 of the tracks on Youtube and while they were interesting they weren't anything I'd want to listen to more than a few times.

I think I've just gotten tired of most industrial. Even the thought of throwing on Psalm 69 or Too Dark Park just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Out of sheer curiosity what do you find you listen to currently?

If you say Combichrist I'll poo poo.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

hatelull posted:

v.

I'd guess Combichrist would be more about the assfucking. Did I win?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The Cleaner posted:

Out of sheer curiosity what do you find you listen to currently?

If you say Combichrist I'll poo poo.

Not a whole lot of industrial and definitely not Combichrist. The stuff that still interests me pretty much tends toward the avant-garde and neo-folk side of things. So stuff like TG, Coil, and Current 93.