Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
take me to the beaver
Mar 28, 2010

eggrolled posted:

So in TToTT... if you leave your dog bone/cat bell on the ground are they supposed to dissappear? they never did that in previous games. :qq:

In Grand Bazaar they did if you left them out overnight. I would expect the same to happen in ToTT...unless you just left the screen and it disappeared?

My cat in GB consistently hit the bell into weird places that I never found, costing me around 10k. It got to the point where I changed my farm sign to a kitty face saying u mad? ...Wish ToTT had a farm sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Watson
Feb 25, 2011

Good-night, sweet prince;
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.
Marvelous has unleashed news on the next Harvest Moon title, the website is already up: http://www.bokumono.com/series/hajimari/

The main features being touted are character and house customization as well as everything being fully polygonal. The way things look so far, it seems like they played DQIX and went 'we should do this poo poo right here!'.

I look forward to the game after this one fixing what was perceived to the wrong the first time around. It is tradition.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

I Watson posted:

Marvelous has unleashed news on the next Harvest Moon title, the website is already up: http://www.bokumono.com/series/hajimari/

The main features being touted are character and house customization as well as everything being fully polygonal. The way things look so far, it seems like they played DQIX and went 'we should do this poo poo right here!'.

I look forward to the game after this one fixing what was perceived to the wrong the first time around. It is tradition.

I don't understand how Marvelous does this to me. I'm always a little disappointed in some aspect of the newest game, they release info about the next one, and I'm super pumped again. I will say I probably have derived more enjoyment from the series as a whole than some A-list titles, but I wish they would devote some time to making a truly incredible Harvest Moon.

I Watson
Feb 25, 2011

PhD Pepper posted:

I don't understand how Marvelous does this to me. I'm always a little disappointed in some aspect of the newest game, they release info about the next one, and I'm super pumped again. I will say I probably have derived more enjoyment from the series as a whole than some A-list titles, but I wish they would devote some time to making a truly incredible Harvest Moon.

I think the series is a victim of its own success, Marvelous doesn't need to do much to get people to buy it at this point. I haven't heard of any game breaking bugs in awhile, but just about every title was sure to have one in the past due to their sloppy coding.

Midrena
May 2, 2009

I Watson posted:

I like the screenshots they have up. Kind of reminds me of the console versions.

It also appears to be only for the 3DS this time. I haven't even upgraded from my DS Lite (the original one) yet, but I suppose once this comes out and a few other games I have my eye on do, it'll be time. These days I kind of seem to not really game on my DS so I never jumped on the 3DS parade.

I Watson
Feb 25, 2011

Gamestop boned the street date up and told pre-orders to pick up their copies of Tides of Destiny today. :v: Your mileage will vary if your location gets their shipment in today or not; as well as if the clerks will let you purchase it.

I will be going later tonight and will report back if mine got it in and let me buy it.

Isra the Great
Apr 5, 2009

A pleasure to meet you, my good bro.

I Watson posted:

Gamestop boned the street date up and told pre-orders to pick up their copies of Tides of Destiny today. :v: Your mileage will vary if your location gets their shipment in today or not; as well as if the clerks will let you purchase it.

I will be going later tonight and will report back if mine got it in and let me buy it.

Just picked my copy up; I don't think the message was mistakenly sent since the website has it as buy now instead of preorder... My guess is natsume is small enough to not care about street dates, especially since they delayed the release last minute from September anyways. Regardless, yeah, it's out now.

I Watson
Feb 25, 2011

That or Natsume reeeeeeeealy wants that sweet fee they can slap Gamestop with for breaking date. They are being all coy and ":)" about it over at their Twitter.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Which console are you picking it up for?

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Wii, and I got my text from gamestop to come and pick it up this afternoon yesterday night.

Edit: They would't let me pick mine up. Said it won't be there till the 13th.

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 7, 2011

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!
Just got my copy of Tides from Gamestop (PS3), I'll see if I can get a couple hours in before I go to work this evening.

edit: vvv I'll post some impressions after I've got a little playing done, the game has a crazy long intro. So far I can confirm we have double-jumping and an effeminately gay priest.

SnakesRevenge fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 7, 2011

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I bit the bullet yesterday and bought Tale of Two Towns. Now you're telling me I might be able to find Tides? DAMMIT!

That said, ToTT is pretty great, actually. I'm in Bluebell just amassing a giant animal army. I've got 5 chickens, a cow, a calf, and a lamb - and I'm only like at day 7. I am going to get so many animals.

edit: please give impressions of Tides, anyone who has it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Does Tale of the Twin Towns have that animal lifespan poo poo? That really sucked once they added it, and if it's there, I'm gonna pass completely on this.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

The White Dragon posted:

Does Tale of the Twin Towns have that animal lifespan poo poo? That really sucked once they added it, and if it's there, I'm gonna pass completely on this.

Yes. :smith: But I'm not too sure how long the lifespan is. Considering I normally stop playing these games once I get married it might not come up in my playthrough.

Also got my copy of Tides! The people at Gamestop seemed confused, but they sold me a copy. Doesn't seem to be any runies in it so thank God for that.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Maybe I should see if my gamestop will let me buy a copy without a reservation. I don't need to eat this weekend!

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

Wandering Knitter posted:

Yes. :smith: But I'm not too sure how long the lifespan is. Considering I normally stop playing these games once I get married it might not come up in my playthrough.

Well I just got married in my game in Fall 2 and none of my animals have died yet so I guess you'll be fine. I don't know how long it takes either.

Also got my alpacas finally. They're super cute but I wish they wouldn't bounce around like crazy when I'm trying to brush them or something.

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

I've run through a few days in Tides and I'm really enjoying it so far. Here's a few things:

Characters are eccentric - though maybe not quite as much so as RF3, and they all seem to have a lot to say, at least so far.

Items are stackable, though I haven't done any planting whatsoever yet, so its not making a huge difference yet.

Time does not progress inside buildings.

All equipment can be assigned to a quick-equip ring, there are four of these, and I can't imagine filling them all up, they should be a real time-saver.

Monsters are tamed by brushing them, rather than with food, though this early in the game taming a wooly takes about half my RP (if max RP increases as fast as it did before, this shouldn't be a problem at all for very long).

The trophies in the game seem well-done if you're into that sort of thing. I don't know if/how these are handled on the Wii.

Crafting is done as a sort of mini-game, with a bar with a blue section in the middle where it needs to be stopped. I haven't done enough to know for sure, but the dialogue implies that you won't be able to craft anything beyond your level, which may make grinding crafting levels a bit harder than it was in RF3.

The only big complaint I have is lack of camera control, R1 centers the camera behind you, but that's all there is. This seems like a ridiculous problem to have in a modern game.

If anyone is curious about anything else let me know and I'll see what I can find out.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

Sad, no Tides of Destiny from Amazon yet. :smith: Anyone else went that route?

I Watson
Feb 25, 2011

Got my copy of the Wii version from Gamestop. They even had it out on the shelves so they gave no fucks about no date. Sadly the prices weren't $29.99 and $39.99 as previously pitched, they were both $10 more.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I Watson posted:

Got my copy of the Wii version from Gamestop. They even had it out on the shelves so they gave no fucks about no date. Sadly the prices weren't $29.99 and $39.99 as previously pitched, they were both $10 more.

Your Gamestop is selling games over the MSRP, or was that changed? :pwn:
Edit: Looks like the MSRP changed, Amazon has them at the same price.

GruntyThrst fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 8, 2011

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

eggrolled posted:

Sad, no Tides of Destiny from Amazon yet. :smith: Anyone else went that route?

I did. They haven't shipped it yet.

Edit: In fact, I just checked and their delivery estimate is the 14th. That's ok with me since I'm in the middle of a game I want to finish first anyway, but if you're in a hurry, maybe you want to cancel that Amazon order.

Julet Esqu fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Oct 8, 2011

I Watson
Feb 25, 2011

SnakesRevenge posted:

The trophies in the game seem well-done if you're into that sort of thing. I don't know if/how these are handled on the Wii.

You get trophies for the crap you do in the Wii version as well, you just don't get to show off to folks like you can on PSN.

I Watson fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Oct 8, 2011

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Got my copy from Gamestop today too. Everyone is really chill about the main character's little problem, but I'm getting a kick out of assuming he's just schizophrenic.

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

I should mention that there seems to be no limit to the amount of requests you can take in a day, gives you something to fill the days with.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
So basically Tides is everything good about Rune Factory 3 and Frontier without the bad parts.

Hell yes.

Andenalli
Sep 17, 2007

I'm unique, just like
everyone else
I just got my copy of TOTT and my cow has disappeared at the beginning of the day twice. The first time, I freaked out and reset my game and came back and it was in my barn again. The second time it happened, I decided to just go to another screen and come back since going in and out of my house did nothing. Coming back fixed it and my ghost cow ate the fodder (second time, I checked the animal status book) so I think it was just invisible to me. Disconcerting, but no damage appears to be done. At least I didn't get the glitch that makes my animals constantly sick and villagers hate you permanently.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Are you sure it isn't just going out to wander around? Did you check your field or any nearby pasture-like areas?

Andenalli
Sep 17, 2007

I'm unique, just like
everyone else

Zenzirouj posted:

Are you sure it isn't just going out to wander around? Did you check your field or any nearby pasture-like areas?

Oh yes, I scanned back and forth frantically the first time it happened. I even looked in the chicken barn.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Glad to hear that Tides seems to be fun. Now I just need to find some retailer that ships overseas and doesn't charge ridiculous amounts of shipping. :sigh:

Unless I want to wait another year or so. RF3 just got relased in Europe on September 30. 2011

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
The horrible temptation. :( Buy the game from gamestop, or wait the INCREDIBLY LONG three days to get it from my local retailer.

Super happy to hear the game is fun though, I really hope it continues to measure up to RF3 standards.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
Has there been any word on when Tides will hit the EU, or am I going to have to import this?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Tesla was right posted:

Has there been any word on when Tides will hit the EU, or am I going to have to import this?

RF2 and 3 took almost one year to get localized, 11 months for RFF. So yeah, it's probably better to import it right now.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

I Watson posted:

I don't like these screenshots. It looks a little simplified, with the crops being so drat huge, and then heart health like Zelda. It doesn't seem like it's Harvest Moon.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Do you have to use the Move controller with the PS3 version, or does it work just as well with the normal controller?

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
I read somewhere that if you marry Alisa, you can't have children since she is a nun. How hosed up is that? You can marry her but never have sex with her since she promised chastity to a scantly-clad bitch who lives in a pond.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Nostrum posted:

Do you have to use the Move controller with the PS3 version, or does it work just as well with the normal controller?

I don't have a Move controller and it plays fine. The instruction booklet shows the controls for regular and move controls. They probably just added them on because of the Wii version.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Is there anywhere with info on the characters of Tides yet? I'd kinda like to at least research the game until I have spare cash to get it with.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Recently XSeed Games opened their own webstore. Among their wares is some affordable-for-once new copies of Rune Factory Frontier.

Having never played a RF game, do I spring for that or wait till I have a bit more cash on hand for Tides?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
RFF is bogged down with the awful, AWFUL runey system. I'd recommend it immediately if not for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
One thing I really liked about RFF was how the wedding scene was handled, and how each bride received a custom sprite in her wedding dress. It made it seem more significant than just the regular "Welp, now we're married I guess." fare of most HM games.

Also, the voice acting of the main character when your first child is born was quite touching.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 8, 2011

• Locked thread