Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Mr. Crow posted:

So why aren't you and Police Automaton working together again? :colbert:

Too scared of IRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
This motivated me into throwing up what I've done so far, I won't make screenshots of every armor I put in or is in the pack but not connected to anything because I could spend days doing that. I'll also be using the installation script the armory already used, so you're going to need FOMM for that one.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
drat it, knocked to the last page again... will my troubles with new vegas never be cured :smith:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Found my first LPAM armor. :woop:

Together with what I think might be an oversight/bug. When I go to have it repaired, despite being in very poor condition, I can't have it mended.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Mr. Crow posted:

So why aren't you and Police Automaton working together again? :colbert:

I started LPAM as a sort of response to the lack of a decent, balanced armor pack for the game. Then I found that Police Automaton's pack was a gargantuan 2GB collection, which was very tempting to crack open and work with. But when I finished LPAM 1.2, it sort of occurred to me that there's no way I could figure out what to do with even half of those armor sets. And while I could try and write the scripts to get them all into the game, I don't think I'd be happy with the results.

That being said, I'm not opposed to borrowing some of PA's assets and bulking up LPAM, proper-like. But I think I've decided that I'd rather have a solid core of 20-30 pieces that are easier to balance against each other than four or five times that number. :shobon:

Naky posted:

Too scared of IRC.

Pretty much this, too. I don't use IRC!

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Rinkles posted:

Found my first LPAM armor. :woop:

Together with what I think might be an oversight/bug. When I go to have it repaired, despite being in very poor condition, I can't have it mended.

Thanks for this. I thought there might have been something wrong. Looking into it.
Are the pipboy icons not showing up for the armor, either?

EDIT: Strange, I just edited the health value for that armor in GECK and it's still stuck in a damaged condition when you console summon it. I'm not sure what's going on here...

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Oct 8, 2011

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Are the pipboy icons not showing up for the armor, either?

Yup, I assumed you didn't add any. (Is it possible that it's related to some other mod I have installed?)

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I started LPAM as a sort of response to the lack of a decent, balanced armor pack for the game. Then I found that Police Automaton's pack was a gargantuan 2GB collection, which was very tempting to crack open and work with. But when I finished LPAM 1.2, it sort of occurred to me that there's no way I could figure out what to do with even half of those armor sets. And while I could try and write the scripts to get them all into the game, I don't think I'd be happy with the results.

That being said, I'm not opposed to borrowing some of PA's assets and bulking up LPAM, proper-like. But I think I've decided that I'd rather have a solid core of 20-30 pieces that are easier to balance against each other than four or five times that number. :shobon:

Pretty much this, too. I don't use IRC!

You could take what you like from mine and add to your leveled lists, nobody said you *have* to use everything, you could also add some armors you have there and I don't to the collection. The idea is to have one go-to mod, and pick optional esps as you go. Oh I'll throw it up anyways, you can see for yourself if you like what I did.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Yup, I assumed you didn't add any. (Is it possible that it's related to some other mod I have installed?)

Well, I extracted the relevant pipboy icons from the FalloutNV textures2.bsa and included them in the file, with the .esp pointing to that directory. Not sure why it isn't finding those images.

Observe:

That's what I'm looking at right now. I have the health at 300, but if you console in a set, it's like at ~30% health. Also, you can see that I've got the armor directed towards a pipboy icon (included with the mod) but it doesn't seem to appear on the user's end. :iiam:

EDIT: UPDATE - I went in and changed the Raider Metal Armor to the exact values the regular Metal Armor has and it still spawns at ~30% condition. This is loving bizarre and my Google-fu is leading me to useless Gamefaqs threads.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 8, 2011

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Police Automaton posted:

You could take what you like from mine and add to your leveled lists, nobody said you *have* to use everything, you could also add some armors you have there and I don't to the collection. The idea is to have one go-to mod, and pick optional esps as you go. Oh I'll throw it up anyways, you can see for yourself if you like what I did.

I know you guys have mentioned something of the sort in the past, but someone should to do a similar filtration of the Armory, to properly balance the guns with the vanillas (some sort of similar weapon progression), get rid of the guns with bad models/texture work (there aren't that many but still), and generally get a solid selection without too many statswise similar weapons. I know this isn't really what the Armory's about, but I think an alternate .esp with a bit more order and consistency would be great. If I had any idea how to get any of this done I'd give it a go myself (maybe I'll take a look when I get a bit of time).

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

That's what I'm looking at right now. I have the health at 300, but if you console in a set, it's like at ~30% health. Also, you can see that I've got the armor directed towards a pipboy icon (included with the mod) but it doesn't seem to appear on the user's end. :iiam:

If it matters I found the armor on a downed fiend. Hopefully someone else can report in to confirm whether it's isolated to my game only or not.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Rinkles posted:

If it matters I found the armor on a downed fiend. Hopefully someone else can report in to confirm whether it's isolated to my game only or not.

Well that's good--at least I know the scripts are working like I intended, since I have it set to spawn on higher-level Fiends. GECK! :argh:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Rinkles posted:

I know you guys have mentioned something of the sort in the past, but someone should to do a similar filtration of the Armory, to properly balance the guns with the vanillas (some sort of similar weapon progression), get rid of the guns with bad models/texture work (there aren't that many but still), and generally get a solid selection without too many statswise similar weapons. I know this isn't really what the Armory's about, but I think an alternate .esp with a bit more order and consistency would be great. If I had any idea how to get any of this done I'd give it a go myself (maybe I'll take a look when I get a bit of time).

Anime Schoolgirl is completely rebalancing the guns more in line with vanilla guns and also new to v2.5 is a new cabinet - the re-surfacing of the old Cabinet of Shame. Inside that cabinet is a collection of all the weapons that we all agreed to be crappy, incomplete, unbalanced, WIP, etc. You can still use and play with them, but they are to be considered 'unsupported' weapons.

edit: that being said, you're still welcome to release your own rebalance, additions to the Cabinet of Shame, etc after release. We encourage people to mod The Armory and are a little surprised nobody really has to date. Everything we've done with the ESM is to make it so easy for anyone to make mods using it.

Naky fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Oct 8, 2011

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Well, I've created golden ammo for basically all the bullet types, as well as slugs. Plus recipes to make them. But right now, they don't do anything except look different in VATS, and I'm still not sure what it ought to do.

Couple ideas...

Ignore all DT?
Kill human enemies with one bullet?
Leave something interesting in the corpse?
...nothing special except look different in VATS?

The other side of this is the question of how much ammo you ought to be able to make with a single gold bar. At 35 pounds apiece, you should 'realistically' be able to make a hell of a lot of bullets...but if they have particularly powerful effects, you don't really want to get too many of them out of one bar. Right now I've got it set to 12 or 24 rounds per, but that's just a placeholder.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Make it skill level dependent. Someone with a low science or repair skill wouldn't be able to use a gold bar as efficiently as someone who understands the metallurgy behind it and come up with a better process.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

Strudel Man posted:

Well, I've created golden ammo for basically all the bullet types, as well as slugs. Plus recipes to make them. But right now, they don't do anything except look different in VATS, and I'm still not sure what it ought to do.

Couple ideas...

Ignore all DT?

I think we need to really remember the wise and highly relevant teachings of the modern sage, Chris Rock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuX-nFmL0II

In other words, I would have them only do 1 damage except to famous/important NPCs. Kill Ceaser, The King, the NCR President, Ulysses, etc with one shot.

Berk Berkly fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Oct 8, 2011

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Berk Berkly posted:

I think we need to really remember the wise and highly relevant teachings of the modern sage, Chris Rock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuX-nFmL0II

In other words, I would have them only do 1 damage except to famous/important NPCs. Kill Ceaser, The King, the NCR President, etc with one shot.
Hah. That's an interesting idea.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Strudel Man posted:

Couple ideas...

Ignore all DT?

Zero spread.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Finally finished placing all of the new ammos from GRA. The ammunition dump in Lombard Station is pretty :stare:worthy now, I had to go back and add several new shelves. I've got tomorrow off so barring any massive bugs I'm going to finish up the scripting and testing tomorrow and release it.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

The Lone Badger posted:

Zero spread.
Would make VATS work at basically any range, I believe. So fairly powerful, if I went with that...like a bullet version of Steady.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
What an odd transition. Signature Weapon/Armor to gold bullets.

Naky and Cream-of-Plenty, would you guys be able to submit your mods to BOSS to get them on the masterlist? Or would that cause problems since they're black market mods and all? I have no idea how mods get on this list, mind you.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Oct 8, 2011

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Brace posted:

Ok so I guess I have two more questions to add onto the other one I already posted. What would cause my ironsights to be abnormally zoomed in, and how can I get it so that if I click Play New Vegas in steam, it will launch through the FNV4GB loader? If I rename the FNV4GB loader to FalloutNV, it says "Cannot name this FalloutNV" and goes back to destop, but I had it working perfectly before I validate my files.

Is there some reason you have to launch through Steam? Just launch via FOMM where you can put the 4gb exe in settings -> fallout: new vegas -> custom launch command -> command

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Fewd posted:

Is there some reason you have to launch through Steam? Just launch via FOMM where you can put the 4gb exe in settings -> fallout: new vegas -> custom launch command -> command

It's nice with the one click launch when you right click the icon on the windows explorer and are able to launch them, and it was working but now its not.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Question: I got the Armory, and the projectile weapons are pretty cool. However, it says it adds laser/plasma guns, but I don't think I've seen any. I have the level thing so the weapons are distributed in enemies/shops. Does it actually add laser/plasma guns?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Strudel Man posted:

Couple ideas...

Ignore all DT?

One shot kill with a delayed effect where each of their limbs blow off individually before the entire body explodes into a bloody mess.

We're tired of regular bullets that just put a hole in a fella! Have you seen what those plasma/laser guns do?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Well, I extracted the relevant pipboy icons from the FalloutNV textures2.bsa and included them in the file, with the .esp pointing to that directory. Not sure why it isn't finding those images.

Observe:

EDIT: UPDATE - I went in and changed the Raider Metal Armor to the exact values the regular Metal Armor has and it still spawns at ~30% condition. This is loving bizarre and my Google-fu is leading me to useless Gamefaqs threads.

Not sure if it's important but it's still missing one thing compared to normal metal armor, that icon right of the "message icon" text. On normal version it's set at Interface\Icons\PipboyImages_small\Apparel_small\glow_apperal_metal_armor.dds

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Speaking of FOMM, is there a way to get it to update its BOSS list? It crashes every time I try. I tried some fixed exe that was mentioned a while ago, but it says my list is up to date. I find that hard to believe, as it's at least a year old, and doesn't even recognize Project Nevada.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Fewd posted:

Not sure if it's important but it's still missing one thing compared to normal metal armor, that icon right of the "message icon" text. On normal version it's set at Interface\Icons\PipboyImages_small\Apparel_small\glow_apperal_metal_armor.dds

I'm not sure that's what is causing the problem, though. The larger icon is what controls the icon you see when you select the item in your pipboy. I'm not even sure what the little icon is used for...

Man, these scripts were hosed for V1.2. I don't think a lot of stuff was going to distribute properly. The leveled lists are incredibly convoluted, with a lot of promising lists that are actually dead ends or misleading. I'm going to edit this post with an updated .esp in a little bit.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Drakes posted:

One shot kill with a delayed effect where each of their limbs blow off individually before the entire body explodes into a bloody mess.

We're tired of regular bullets that just put a hole in a fella! Have you seen what those plasma/laser guns do?
Ooh. This is promising.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

Bash Ironfist posted:

Question: I got the Armory, and the projectile weapons are pretty cool. However, it says it adds laser/plasma guns, but I don't think I've seen any. I have the level thing so the weapons are distributed in enemies/shops. Does it actually add laser/plasma guns?

Yes it does, they show up on the leveled lists and cabinet. They don't really say "plasma/laser" in their name though, but have fictitious gun names.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Police Automaton posted:

Yes it does, they show up on the leveled lists and cabinet. They don't really say "plasma/laser" in their name though, but have fictitious gun names.

Ah. I've found the bullet-based guns with fictitious names, can't say I've found any laser/plasma ones though. Maybe I gotta raise my science/energy weapon skills higher.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The leveled lists are incredibly convoluted, with a lot of promising lists that are actually dead ends or misleading. I'm going to edit this post with an updated .esp in a little bit.

Yes they are. That's the sole reason why I gave up on working on Legion gear some time back. To avoid reworking the lists, I simply edited the existing things to my tastes so the Legion guys are a bit more on par with their NCR equivalents.

Vorgimmler
May 7, 2009

Bash Ironfist posted:

Ah. I've found the bullet-based guns with fictitious names, can't say I've found any laser/plasma ones though. Maybe I gotta raise my science/energy weapon skills higher.

They're not quite as common in the hands of enemies out in the wastes, but you'll find at least one if you go kill some Fiends near McCarran, since they seem to have a predilection for carrying automatic laser weapons. Built up quite a collection of stuff from them.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'm not sure that's what is causing the problem, though. The larger icon is what controls the icon you see when you select the item in your pipboy. I'm not even sure what the little icon is used for...

Man, these scripts were hosed for V1.2. I don't think a lot of stuff was going to distribute properly. The leveled lists are incredibly convoluted, with a lot of promising lists that are actually dead ends or misleading. I'm going to edit this post with an updated .esp in a little bit.

By the way, did you test that version with a value added to it in game? The repair bug might very well be caused by the 0 value in the latest version.

I wonder if it happens with other armors too, they seem to have a value on them. I can't test anything since I've just reinstalled and I'm not very far in the game. :saddowns:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Fewd posted:

By the way, did you test that version with a value added to it in game? The repair bug might very well be caused by the 0 value in the latest version.

I wonder if it happens with other armors too, they seem to have a value on them. I can't test anything since I've just reinstalled and I'm not very far in the game. :saddowns:

Nope, I thought the same thing. The value doesn't seem to make a difference. I've switched out the armor rating: Heavy, Medium, Light, it doesn't make a difference. Different DTs and weights didn't change it, either. It's bizarre.

I can relate to your frustration, though. I gave up on trying to use clean scripts to add armors to leveled lists once I found out that most of them aren't even used by anything. There are literally 10 or 12 Wastelander Outfit lists that are set up but lead to nothing...maybe the occasional placed corpse but that's it. Then I tried to add a second container with ownership to their respective merchants (this is a method explained on the GECK website) but the merchants refuse to add the items to their inventories after I follow the directions to the letter, even after adapting it to NV. The last 3 hours or so have been...interesting. Poke around in the GECK long enough and you start to realize that this entire game is held together with the digital equivalent of dental floss and prayer.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Oct 8, 2011

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Nope, I thought the same thing. The value doesn't seem to make a difference. I've switched out the armor rating: Heavy, Medium, Light, it doesn't make a difference. Different DTs and weights didn't change it, either. It's bizarre.

I can relate to your frustration, though. I gave up on trying to use clean scripts to add armors to leveled lists once I found out that most of them aren't even used by anything. There are literally 10 or 12 Wastelander Outfit lists that are set up but lead to nothing...maybe the occasional placed corpse but that's it. Then I tried to add a second container with ownership to their respective merchants (this is a method explained on the GECK website) but the merchants refuse to add the items to their inventories after I follow the directions to the letter, even after adapting it to NV. The last 3 hours or so have been...interesting. Poke around in the GECK long enough and you start to realize that this entire game is held together with the digital equivalent of dental floss and prayer.

And there you have it why 98% of the armor mods just throw poo poo into the famous box in Goodsprings. Not my way of doing it though. If I have to, I'll just go ahead and plough the leveled lists out of the mod and manually place the best pieces on certain npc's I'm gonna kill.

Which I did, while writing this post, and things are hosed up my creamy friend :qq:

Left hand's missing and right went through some things from the Happy Wheels thread. I don't have any body mods installed except the Weapon Animation Replacer from OP, so maybe incompability with that?

Fewd fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Oct 8, 2011

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Welcome to the club of every kind of modding ever being a workaround. I wonder how skyrim will be regarding this. Also I decided to finish up the armors I have still in the queue first, lots of the armors in the package are from other games and might or might not fit into fallout, depending on personal taste, for example this:

Meh, I like it. Then again I'm not a MY IMMERSION purist. Not all armors are like this obviously. I mostly steered clear of armors that are nothing else than retextures of vanilla armors or put together from different pieces of other armors. I might include a few of them if they're very good, else I'm not going to bother though. There are just too many like these.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Oct 8, 2011

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
That second armor is really badass, also would changing the FOV gently caress with the place that the ironsights are at? I really can't wrap my head around what I would've done to make it look like i'm putting my nose onto the stock of the gun.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Just a quick question of FOmod; I was under the impression that the game would automaticaly take into account that I have 4gbs of ram when I used the FOmod launcher - is this the case or have I made this up? Just trying to bump my performance up a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Well, I made Golden Bullets, if anyone's interested in a fairly silly and pointless mod.

Edit: They look a lot brassier in-game than they did in nifskope. :/

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 8, 2011